Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rack Suggestions for Compound Lifts?

It looks like I'm going to buy a rack for doing compound lifts. I'm going to start with the 6 beginner compound lifts: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118920551&page=1

I've read a lot of positive feedback on the Rogue R3, and as of now I'm inclined to go with that one, with monkey bars at the top for chinups/pullups.

I currently have an Ironmaster Super Bench, and some really cheap weights and bars that I got through Craigslist.

From what I've read so far, the Rogue R3 seems to be the best value for quality vs price.

I looked at the Ironmaster IM2000, but it seems like the Rogue would be better. I also read about Sorinex BaseFit racks, and again it looks like the Rogue R3 is better value wise.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Thanks!

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go with your gut instinct. There's a review of the R3 a couple threads below, detailed description and pictures. At that price range you can't go wrong. You could call Dean @ blackwidowtg.com he is making custom racks and does quality work.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BreakAes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply man. I did see that thread, but I am trying to look at all competing options so that I make the best decision! I looked at the Black Widow website, and the custom racks are wall racks. Are you saying he custom builds full racks (or whatever they're called)?

I should probably mention that I'm renting and don't have a lot of space (like a garage floor to bolt the rack into), so I plan on using this 2x4 solution to make the rack stable if I go with an R3: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145302161&p=895472071&viewfull=1# post895472071

I'll also need to decide between the welded vs bolted versions. Aside from price, are there any pros and cons? Thanks!

anonymous
    I have the Rogue R3. Best purchase I ever made. You cant go wrong with it. Mine is bolted just to the floor and I have had 455 on the squat rack & 300 on the bench with no sway.

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    IM2000 is a smith machine, not a freeweight rack. Smith machines limit your range of motion and cause internet flamewars.

Sorinex BaseFit are 2x2 11g steel which is a bit bendier than 2x3, as demonstrated here

Rogue also has nice attachments, fast shipping and responsive customer service.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    You might find this thread useful.
    Alternative to Rogue R-4

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think you are making the right choice with the rogue. But since you are considering the powertec and other alternatives, how about the body solid;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Body-Sol...-/310401380936

Its a nice rack but its biggest let down is that the crossbar on the floor should be set back. It can get in the way when squatting, and prohibit some benches.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BreakAes View Post
    It looks like I'm going to buy a rack for doing compound lifts. I'm going to start with the 6 beginner compound lifts: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118920551&page=1

I've read a lot of positive feedback on the Rogue R3, and as of now I'm inclined to go with that one, with monkey bars at the top for chinups/pullups.

I currently have an Ironmaster Super Bench, and some really cheap weights and bars that I got through Craigslist.

From what I've read so far, the Rogue R3 seems to be the best value for quality vs price.

I looked at the Ironmaster IM2000, but it seems like the Rogue would be better. I also read about Sorinex BaseFit racks, and again it looks like the Rogue R3 is better value wise.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Thanks!
    I put my R3 together this week and wrote the review that was motioned above. It was a good purchase for money. If I could go back, I would have spent more time exploring other options. I don't have anything really negative to say, but it's just a rack.

I'd say if you cannot bolt to concrete, find something else or go with the R4 with a stabilizer. The 2x4 solution is great as a temporary measure, but doubt it works nearly as well as concrete, especially if yiu plan to use that monkey bar. I'm still amazed how solid it is bolted. It doesn't budge/wobble at all.

Before it was bolted is was crooked and very unstable. I would never use this rack unbolted. Mine wouldn't even sit level after several attempts at loosening and retightening the bolts. I was convinced at first that one of the uprights had a twist. I wasn't too concerned because they said bolt it, so I did. It's straight as an arrow.

I bought the welded version to save a few bucks on the rack and the shipping. The advantage to bolted is the 30" option and the options to expand the rack later down the road (ie turn it into an R6).

As mentioned in the linked thread above, the 1" hole spacing is annoying without marked holes. (Keep in mind I've only used the rack 3-4 times). The great thing about them is the ability to set the safeties at very small increments. For example, when benching you can set the safeties in the perfect spot that protects you without getting in the way of the lift. Other than that, I don't see any advantage. Maybe there is one, I just don't see it.

If you want a bad ass rack for a good price delivered by Friday, Rogue is the way to go.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Edge yet, this is where I should have gone but was impatient.

www.edgefitnessystems.com
    Last edited by GarageIron; 10-28-2012 at 06:16 AM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000) Andrew_WOT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are Rogue racks really that great?
    From impressions I've read on this board they are really nothing special.
    Rogue is a great company that goes above and beyond to make their customers happy, but from my experience most often it's just an act of covering for sloppy manufacturing and lack of proper QC.
    No intention to insult Rogue equipment owners, I have a bunch of stuff from them myself, but not sure I'd personally go for their rack when EliteFTS and Legend Fitness are about the same price.

Wow, Edge Fitness finally got own web site. Wondering if the situation with shipping (or no shipping) changed at all?

This is a good critical review of R4
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...highlight=wife

And this poster received rusted inside R3
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ght=rogue+rust
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 10-28-2012 at 09:17 AM.

beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To add to what GarageIron said, I just bought Rogue's 30" Bolt-Together R3 (30" rather than 24" between uprights). I have it lag-bolted down to a plywood base - there is no front-to-back movement at all, but there is a little side-to-side movement if you hit the upright with the barbell when squatting. When I finally pick a spot and bolt it down to concrete, I think it will be fine. I think it is an awesome value, was delivered extremely quickly, and is capable of being upgraded (particularly the bolt-together version). If you ultimately decide to go with Rogue, I would definitely pay the extra $50 or so for the bolt-together option if you are going to be moving this around a lot.

So while I am happy with my new Rogue R3, I still find myself longing for the EliteFTS Collegiate Rack or Legend Louie Simmons Combo Cage. If I wasn't so impatient and if money was no object, I would probably have gone that route.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    Rogue is a great company that goes above and beyond to make their customers happy, but from my experience most often it's just an act of covering for sloppy manufacturing and lack of proper QC.
    No intention to insult Rogue equipment owners, I have a bunch of stuff from them myself, but not sure I'd personally go for their rack when EliteFTS and Legend Fitness are about the same price.

Wow, Edge Fitness finally got own web site. Wondering if the situation with shipping (or no shipping) changed at all?

I had no QC issues with my rack and believe me, I checked every weld in detail. No rust, no scratches, dings, etc. like I said, it's just a rack. I still say its a great value and delivery was very quick.

I do agree they may be having quailty issues though. I recently heard some of the Westside bars were yanked for QC issues. I also received an extra set of hardware and band pegs so something went wrong there, not for me but likely there is someone else without hardware or bandpegs.

I have a few things on the way from Edge right now, including the monolift attachment. Shipping wasn't an issue. Had I got a rack from him I just would have driven down and picked it up anyway.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 10-28-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by detrus View Post
    im2000 is a smith machine, not a freeweight rack. Smith machines limit your range of motion and cause internet flamewars.

sorinex basefit are 2x2 11g steel which is a bit bendier than 2x3, as demonstrated here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp7gcdeyuak

rogue also has nice attachments, fast shipping and responsive customer service.

Very true.

Actually, I wouldn't mind owning a real shallow smith machine, but just for calf raises. Hmm...I may have to look into one of those cheap smith/half rack combos that pop up on CL all the time. Smoothness isn't much of an issue when it only needs about 8"-10" of travel.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Thanks for the replies everybody. It's kind of overwhelming, and I would like to make the best decision. Money is actually not the "most" limiting factor for me, but I do want the best deal/value. I am also limited on space.

It looks like my choices based on suggestions so far are:

1. Bolted R3 with the possibility to expand later.
    2. Something from Edge Fitness.
    3. EFS Collegiate Power Rack
    4. Louie Simmons Combo Cage #3230
    5. Legend Power Cage #3133

How would I navigate through these and make the right purchase?

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the replies everybody. It's kind of overwhelming, and I would like to make the best decision. Money is actually not the "most" limiting factor for me, but I do want the best deal/value. I am also limited on space.

Personally, I like the fact that 1, 3, and 4 are all lacking a lower crossbar in the rear. This makes them much squat-friendly (imo) and really opens up your options for heavy FID benches that'll work in the inclined and declined positions. I also like the option of plate storage on 3 & 4, which not only saves space in a home gym, but the added depth and weight can help to make the rack a bit more stable without having to bolt it down.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    #5 or #5 would be my pic. Proud owner here, absolutely no complaints. I would drop "R" and go with Legend or Elite. Contact Legend for a quote. The 3133 will be cheaper than Elite.

▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000) donforeman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    I think you are making the right choice with the rogue. But since you are considering the powertec and other alternatives, how about the body solid;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Body-Sol...-/310401380936

Its a nice rack but its biggest let down is that the crossbar on the floor should be set back. It can get in the way when squatting, and prohibit some benches.
    I got that rack a few weeks ago. Matt @ fitness factory is clearing out brand new racks without the external hooks on the square spotters for $400 dropped at your door! No problems with squats. The bench issue and the rear cross member is a pain, but as long as your not totally ignorant with bench choice its ok.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

I don't think elite and legend can be acquired for the same price. I just checked elite and their cheapest rack is the e series for about $944 shipped, the rogue can be shipped to Nevada for $820. I've seen the rogue.... I'd probably take it for more than a hundo less.....and the hole spacing is much better, which is a big plus imo. I'm not sure how much the legend is because the only way to get a good price from them is to call.

I'm not seeing any bad reviews on the R3. Of the two examples you give, one is a good review and the guy with the rust....well, I'm pretty sure his credibility is suspect at best....he had an issue, but I'm not convinced it was that big of a deal.

I think that Rogue is getting popular because they offer a nice cage for less than a grand shipped...its just a shade over $800 and is better quality than the typical "mid level" racks such as powertec, bodysolid, or bodycraft which are at or over $600 for the most part now. For $200 more, someone can get a nicer setup. Nicer is debatable, but that's the thought I believe.

I don't have a Rogue cage, I have an elite one....but I don't think I'd hesitate to give their stuff a look if I was in the market. They seem to have good customer service and make good products from what I understand and from what I've seen. There has been a recent issue surface that they may be a terrible place to work for....that they treat their employees like crap. If that's true, its unfortunate, but unless more information is made available I'm not sure to what effect it will hurt them.

Oh gargeiron.... I believe the only purpose of the tight hole spacing is for exactly what you found....for comfort/safety through the bench heights. The one "issue" with using a cage is the safety/effectiveness of getting the safeties right on the bench. Too high....you're very safe, but can't get full rom. Too low...and you get a great exercise, but you're also injured if you drop it. The tighter spacing accommodates a wider range of bench/user sizes. You figured this out....just adding that I don't think there is any other benefit.

Uhhhh..... are you serious with this list? If you're really interested in the Collegiate, its not really in the same league as the R3.....but its not anywhere close to price either. Its about $3000 shipped.

I have one....(got it used....didn't pay that much)....but if you're willing to drop that much then I'd suggest you get it. Its a wonderful piece of equipment that you'll never hurt or be sad you bought.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000) Detrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd choose Rogue stuff because it looks prettier. The features and prices listed online are close.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #24 -!!!---!!!-

There is a review on Louie Simmons Combo Cage
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post958857843
    Could be a another Legend alternative to EliteFTS if you are after tighter spacing in bench area.

Ok, it looks like I'm almost back to square one, although I'm interested in learning more about the Edge Fitness products. It seems like they're close to Rogue's pricing and are custom built to your needs. GarageIron, why would you have chosen Edge over Rogue?

$3000 would be more than I want to spend on something like this. I thought the racks were about $1300-1500 at the top end. The other thing is that all these products, including the Rogues, seem to be solid and look like they will all do about the same things. There are some differences such as "no rear cross member" on some, which is a feature that I do think I want, and sumo vs standard etc.

I know I want monkey bars for pullups/chinups, and I'm curious about a landmine for bent over rows (never used one before). It looks like plate storage isn't available on the cheaper Rogues.

At this point, due to my space issues and keeping cost/value in mind, I'm leaning towards a bolt together Rogue (which could be upgraded later), or something from Edge Fitness, which also looks bolted together from the pictures.

Anything else to add to all this? Thanks!

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Edge Fitness is in Ohio. He makes a lot of stuff and is always seeming to come up with something new. I noticed on his ******** page the other day that he is about to come out with a new sumo rack that is shippable. He also stated that he is going to be able to ship all his stuff soon (maybe already, he has a contract with a shipper now).

His stuff is made real good and he seems to honestly know what he's doing. Rick is in his 50's now, but was a competitive bodybuilder and knows the business/equipment well. I have several of his pieces and he's made a couple of other custom things for me. I'm sure he can do whatever you'd need to do. He powder coats his stuff now too, so the finish looks great...I don't know how it will hold up over time, although I've had my GHR for a bit now and its still in great shape.

All his stuff is bolted too....I imagine that will make it easier to ship.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Cool, thanks for the review. It does look like he offers quality products at good prices, and seems to be a stand up guy. Looks like it could be the best deal for a solid product.

I'm going to call him tomorrow and talk to him. I didn't see monkeybars as an accessory on his website, but maybe he could make them.

beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50) beerbelly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To clarify my earlier comment: the main reason I still look at pictures of the EFS Collegiate and the Legend Rack is the ability to customize color. If you want something other than black, I would ask if Edge Fitness lets you change it up. You may also want to ask them whether you would need to bolt down the rack if you were not using bands - I like how they widen the footprint of the rack with the angled bottoms.

If color is not a factor and you would have to bolt down the Edge Fitness rack, it is tough to beat Rogue's relatively reasonable shipping costs, customer service, inclusion of features (band pegs, 1" hole spacing, sumo-squat, 2x3 uprights), and ready-to-ship upgrades (dip attachment, plate storage, extra j-hooks, ability to upgrade to an R-6, etc.). Now that I have the Rogue R3, it would take winning the lottery or finding an awesome used deal for me to upgrade to another rack.

Good luck!

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As a beginner, I wouldn't invest a ton of money on a rack. Find you something cheap on craigslist and wear it out.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would be interested to see a comparison of stability between the 30 inch R3 and the 24 inch R3, just based on the slightly bigger footprint of the 30 inch.

GarageIron, why would you have chosen Edge over Rogue?
    There are just a few things I would change on the R3 and I think Edge could create that. I wanted some type of plate storage without sacrificing much more space. I don't care too much for the 1" hole spacing (that may change in time and to be honest I wouldn't have known better before ordering). Rear stabilizers on the top and bottom of the plate storage sections (not below the uprights) could add the possibility for vertical bar storage and hooks to hang/store accessories out of the way and free up other floor space. This may also eliminate the need to bolt down. This is just a loose wish list. I never did find out what was possible or how much it would cost because I ordered the R3 within minutes of selling the Powertec.

I shouldn't have said I would have gone with Edge over Rogue. I should have explored a bit more before I made a decision.

Skidmarx may have made the best suggestion in this thread. Just buy something used and spend some time figuring out the features you would like or dislike. You won't lose much $$ (if anything) when you decide to sell it.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    As a beginner, I wouldn't invest a ton of money on a rack. Find you something cheap on craigslist and wear it out.
    Absolutely right. Or, buy a floor model GPR378 or P-tec and use it until you figure out what you want. . .
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm surpised no one has mentioned Texas Strength Systems (texasstrengthsystems.com) in this thread. Their racks seem to be ox-strong and the hole spacing is second to none. There's 90 million holes in it, everywhere.

I was originally looking to buy the body solid for a nice beginner rack, but after reading, looking and re-reading I've decided that buying something that you will be unhappy with right out of the box is silly. The crossbar on the floor in the back is a huge turn off. Squatting and Bench pressing is the main purpose for buying a rack and both of those are subject to being affected by poor design. This is no good. I'd end up trying to sell it for less than I paid so I could turn around and buy a more expensive rack anyway. Once I started looking into the "walk-through" design I found that you're in a different price range ($750+). For the money I've not found anything that's better than the TSS unpainted rack. As long as you don't mind the look.. which isn't important to me at all.

At $515+shipping I think the TSS Rack is in the same league as the Rogue, right? Lots of accessories and I don't think it has to be bolted down.

I dunno.. maybe i'm way off in thinking these are in the same ballpark. I don't have a lot of experience with power racks. I've read this forum (along with others) until I'm blue in the face. I'm sick and tired of reading, I just want one. I've been searching CL for 3+ monthes and haven't found any good deals.. this is what i've come up with if I can't find a used one in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by jayalee View Post
    I'm surpised no one has mentioned Texas Strength Systems (texasstrengthsystems.com) in this thread. Their racks seem to be ox-strong and the hole spacing is second to none. There's 90 million holes in it, everywhere.

I was originally looking to buy the body solid for a nice beginner rack, but after reading, looking and re-reading I've decided that buying something that you will be unhappy with right out of the box is silly. The crossbar on the floor in the back is a huge turn off. Squatting and Bench pressing is the main purpose for buying a rack and both of those are subject to being affected by poor design. This is no good. I'd end up trying to sell it for less than I paid so I could turn around and buy a more expensive rack anyway. Once I started looking into the "walk-through" design I found that you're in a different price range ($750+). For the money I've not found anything that's better than the TSS unpainted rack. As long as you don't mind the look.. which isn't important to me at all.

At $515+shipping I think the TSS Rack is in the same league as the Rogue, right? Lots of accessories and I don't think it has to be bolted down.

I dunno.. maybe i'm way off in thinking these are in the same ballpark. I don't have a lot of experience with power racks. I've read this forum (along with others) until I'm blue in the face. I'm sick and tired of reading, I just want one. I've been searching CL for 3+ monthes and haven't found any good deals.. this is what i've come up with if I can't find a used one in the next few weeks.
    I think the TSS rack is a great value. I did consider it myself. I think once learning it was made of pre-fabbed sign post material I was swayed away a bit. Badass looking rack and maybe a badass rack. It may be in the same ball park as rogue or even better. Justified or not, the sign post thing put me off it.

There is nothing wrong with a rear crossbar or stabilizer or whatever the hell you want to call it as long as its not under your feet. Why would a bar that makes your rack more stable be a turn off? I get what you are saying about the body solid rack you mentioned above, but they are not all like that.

You will never have your rear rack uprights up against the wall. You will need room to rack the depth of the plates. I don't see any reason not to have a rear stabilizer unless you are using both sides of the rack.

jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10) jayalee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    I think the TSS rack is a great value. I did consider it myself. I think once learning it was made of pre-fabbed sign post material I was swayed away a bit. Badass looking rack and maybe a badass rack. It may be in the same ball park as rogue or even better. Justified or not, the sign post thing put me off it.

There is nothing wrong with a rear crossbar or stabilizer or whatever the hell you want to call it as long as its not under your feet. Why would a bar that makes your rack more stable be a turn off? I get what you are saying about the body solid rack you mentioned above, but they are not all like that.

You will never have your rear rack uprights up against the wall. You will need room to rack the depth of the plates. I don't see any reason not to have a rear stabilizer unless you are using both sides of the rack.
    The bench I have is a Hoist FID and I'm not sure if it would conflict with the crossbar or not. I'm not 100% positive, I'm at work and can't look and see, but I believe wheels on the bench stick out a few inches past where the padded part of the bench stops (at the head). If it works for a bench press in the horizontal position, which it might, there's absolutely no way it would work in an incline position. I would have to be outside of the rack to do incline presses, which is being picky, but again why buy something that won't suit all of your needs from the beginning.

athomefitness.com/Hoist-HF-4165-6-Position-F.I.D-Bench-p-16717.html

Check out the picture of the drawing that shows dimensions.. it looks like the wheels stick out. The actual pictures don't appear that way, but it's really close either way.