Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maxwell1995 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've only ever tried X-Tend, but it was pretty good. The blue raspberry was a little acidic tasting, but that could be normal due to the BCAAs. Not sure why, but maybe. I could probably drink it for the fun of it if I wanted to. Not bad.
    I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
    Jesus is my Savior. I am proud to call myself a Christian
    Biochemistry Major, Biology and History Minor; Student Researcher

Deadlift: 507
    Squat: 385
    Bench: 322
    Total: 1214

Libertarian Party USA

AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AllGenetix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajerone View Post
    CoreABC is the best tasting I have ever come across, as well as the new red raspberry RecoverPro.
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    The term "best" is pretty subjective. Some people like a brand for taste, some people like it for price, some factor in both. I think AIs new Recover Pro is very solid, Xtend is a great product, CoreABC is great, i'm hooked on BC+EAA (and not because i get it free), and Intrafuse isn't bad when you can find it on sale.
    Originally Posted by DanND33 View Post
    oh lawdy
    xtend
    CoreABC (delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one)
    Recoverpro red rasp

All great, buy them, drink them, enjoy them
    Core ABC has a great non-artificially sweetened and flavored White Cherry, Lemonade and our most popular White Passion Peach!
    "Don't Talk About It - Be About It"

Core Nutritionals Rep
    "Crush IT"

NSCA-CSCS Certified Personal Trainer - PM for Online Training/Nutrition Consultation

Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Swe16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why do you need bcaas bro do you not get enough from food and protein shakes ?

Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mike McCandless View Post
    Someone likes using real science vs bro science
    Interesting...just so we're clear, you really just said that AI (along with many other brands) use bro science?

A theory (albeit a theory from a genius) is not fact, please don't pass it off as one.

Also, please don't pretend that leucine is worthless and price is the only reason for a greater than a 2:1:1 ratio...you actually think all the other companies that dose leucine higher have never had mTOR in mind when working out a ratio?
    MFC Illuminati

mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Black Cherry Bomb is da bomb... But I still prefer Groovy Grape. And it's finally here at BB.com... http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/atomic-7.html

Well, at least two of the flavas and one of the sizes anyways...

^^^ this..i have Atomic 7 grape

mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mike929 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Swe16 View Post
    OP could be doing IF and if totally fasted prior to workout BCAA ingestion is a recommendation

Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Irish Iron View Post
    lol someone doesn't like seeing recover pro listed so many times in this thread
    Interesting...just so we're clear, you really just said that AI (along with many other brands) use bro science?

A theory (albeit a theory from a genius) is not fact, please don't pass it off as one.

Also, please don't pretend that leucine is worthless and price is the only reason for a greater than a 2:1:1 ratio...you actually think all the other companies that dose leucine higher have never had mTOR in mind when working out a ratio?
    2:1:1 ratio is proven in studies. I'm sure the reps from these various companies will be eager to post their research showing the 4:1:1 variation is either superior or at least equal to the research proven 2:1:1.

BCAA's are expensive, we all know this. When discussing which product to choose, two big factors are usually addressed, price and flavor. We can throw flavor out as it is subjective, however price isn't. When companies see how expensive it was to make a 2:1:1 formula, they realized they needed to find a way to cut cost. At the time, Leucine was the cheapest of the 3 amino's. With consumers under the impression that lecuine does all the work, it made marketing sense to release a 4:1:1 formula. It played to what consumers thought and allowed them to be priced under other 2:1:1 formula's.

That will start to change as Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. Between now and the end of the year, every BCAA formula will see an adjustment in price. Those with the 4:1:1 formula will see the biggest increases. That's just the fact of the situation.

Is there a link these companies have posted to the research validating the 4:1:1 ratio? Otherwise, I tend to side with doctors who give reasons why these type of formula's weren't used in research in the past. If I had a formula that was unique to everyone else's, I know I'd be spending the money to prove my point was right to gain market share.
    I used to own things.

I get banned a lot for telling the truth.

Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Irish Iron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2:1:1 ratio is proven in studies. I'm sure the reps from these various companies will be eager to post their research showing the 4:1:1 variation is either superior or at least equal to the research proven 2:1:1.

BCAA's are expensive, we all know this. When discussing which product to choose, two big factors are usually addressed, price and flavor. We can throw flavor out as it is subjective, however price isn't. When companies see how expensive it was to make a 2:1:1 formula, they realized they needed to find a way to cut cost. At the time, Leucine was the cheapest of the 3 amino's. With consumers under the impression that lecuine does all the work, it made marketing sense to release a 4:1:1 formula. It played to what consumers thought and allowed them to be priced under other 2:1:1 formula's.

That will start to change as Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. Between now and the end of the year, every BCAA formula will see an adjustment in price. Those with the 4:1:1 formula will see the biggest increases. That's just the fact of the situation.

Is there a link these companies have posted to the research validating the 4:1:1 ratio? Otherwise, I tend to side with doctors who give reasons why these type of formula's weren't used in research in the past. If I had a formula that was unique to everyone else's, I know I'd be spending the money to prove my point was right to gain market share.
    You just typed out 4 paragraphs literally addressing nothing I had said...

And quit referencing the Scivation study, the results of that are laughable at best. They're BCAA's and will yield BCAA results, don't forget that
    MFC Illuminati

Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mike McCandless has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I actually addressed your questions. Take emotions out of it and you'll see this. I never referenced the Scivation study. I'm talking about the 50+ studies on BCAA's that exist in journals, that use a 2:1:1 ratio. If the 4:1:1 ratio were superior, don't you think the leading researchers in amino acid metabolism would have a bunch of studies backing that up? If you're asking me who I trust more, a bunch of Dr's with little financial motivation or companies who's main purpose it is to make a profit, I'll go with the Dr's.

As stated, if I had a formula that I claimed to be superior to an already research proven ratio (2:1:1), I'd fund a study to prove my point. To my knowledge, no company in this industry has funded any study on a 4:1:1 ratio showing it to be superior in anyway to 2:1:1. However, we do have PHD's who put forth information as to why a 2:1:1 is preferred and why it was used in studies for the past 2+ decades.
    I used to own things.

mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Maxwell1995 View Post
    I've only ever tried X-Tend, but it was pretty good. The blue raspberry was a little acidic tasting, but that could be normal due to the BCAAs. Not sure why, but maybe. I could probably drink it for the fun of it if I wanted to. Not bad.
    this is the flavor that i would have liked to try...

thanks everyone

I actually addressed your questions. Take emotions out of it and you'll see this. I never referenced the Scivation study. I'm talking about the 50+ studies on BCAA's that exist in journals, that use a 2:1:1 ratio. If the 4:1:1 ratio were superior, don't you think the leading researchers in amino acid metabolism would have a bunch of studies backing that up? If you're asking me who I trust more, a bunch of Dr's with little financial motivation or companies who's main purpose it is to make a profit, I'll go with the Dr's.

As stated, if I had a formula that I claimed to be superior to an already research proven ratio (2:1:1), I'd fund a study to prove my point. To my knowledge, no company in this industry has funded any study on a 4:1:1 ratio showing it to be superior in anyway to 2:1:1. However, we do have PHD's who put forth information as to why a 2:1:1 is preferred and why it was used in studies for the past 2+ decades.
    Lettuce be reality, you're the one who got emotional when you saw multiple Recover Pro nominations and attacked the formula saying AI uses "bro science", along with many other companies that use a higher dose of leucine. I do however applaud you for not trying to pass off the theory of leucine depleting the other aminos as fact after your first attack on the formula.

Regardless of what you would like to think (or would like the consumer to think), a higher leucine content is anything but useless...I would like to think a CEO of a large successful company would A) have enough class not to toss a great company like AI under the "bro science bus" and B) understand that people who want a higher dose of leucine are doing so to illicit an mTOR activation.

I have absolutely nothing against a 2:1:1 ratio as I have used it numerous times but I also know that leucine supplementation is very valuable, including using it via a BCAA product with a higher than 2:1:1 ratio
    MFC Illuminati

mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i was wondering are all bcaa's and amino acids ok for women?

U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000) U.S.M.C. TANKER is just really nice. (+1000)
    tbh, out of all the bcaa I've tried, Power shock and Xtend works the best.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mommyof5boys View Post
    i was wondering are all bcaa's and amino acids ok for women?
    nothin to worry about
    MFC Illuminati

BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000) BNR is a name known to all. (+5000)
    fav. would probably be recoverpro and xtend

Still waiting on any research that shows 4:1:1 to be more effective or even similar to 2:1:1.
    I used to own things.

dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Powershock grape or lime is the best tasting one i've tried. Much better than any flavor of xtend IN MY OPINION.

Mixes great and tastes like koolaid.

dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dex26 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Swe16 View Post
    Most people do. But it's been proven it's also best to take in bcaa's while training.

I doubt you will be eating while you train or maybe you do..who knows.

is muscle tech nitro amino good?this one is considered to have a mega dose but i don't know anything about bcaa's and amino acids...so kind of looking for guidance from the people that have been taking this kind of supplements...

i am considering xtend,power shock and the one i mentioned above...has anyone tried this one yet?

might be a dumb question but is bcaa's the same as amino acids?reason i am asking is when i search for bcaa's amino acids always comes up as well...

OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OneSwoleBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    RecoverPRO, Xtend, Purple Wraath. Top 3 imo, no particular order.
    Driven Sports Craze Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145423921&p=894136921#post894136921

Want $10 off your next supplement purchase? PM me for details.

is muscle tech nitro amino good?this one is considered to have a mega dose but i don't know anything about bcaa's and amino acids...so kind of looking for guidance from the people that have been taking this kind of supplements...

i am considering xtend,power shock and the one i mentioned above...has anyone tried this one yet?

might be a dumb question but is bcaa's the same as amino acids?reason i am asking is when i search for bcaa's amino acids always comes up as well...
    Yes amino acids is the same thing as bcaa's. It's called branched chain amino acids. There are many amino acids out there. Some people don't use much and some that are essential.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision. Everyone is going to have their own opinion as to which is better. Sometimes it is just personal preference.

Sorry i can't answer your question about muscle tech's version. Never tried it. Once i find a product i love, i usually stick with it.

I've tried purple wrath and many flavors of xtend. Then i met a bodybuilder at my local gym. He told me about power shock. So i tried it and never looked back. Best tasting supplement i've ever tried and i've tried MANY.

Lettuce be reality, you're the one who got emotional when you saw multiple Recover Pro nominations and attacked the formula saying AI uses "bro science", along with many other companies that use a higher dose of leucine. I do however applaud you for not trying to pass off the theory of leucine depleting the other aminos as fact after your first attack on the formula.

Regardless of what you would like to think (or would like the consumer to think), a higher leucine content is anything but useless...I would like to think a CEO of a large successful company would A) have enough class not to toss a great company like AI under the "bro science bus" and B) understand that people who want a higher dose of leucine are doing so to illicit an mTOR activation.

I have absolutely nothing against a 2:1:1 ratio as I have used it numerous times but I also know that leucine supplementation is very valuable, including using it via a BCAA product with a higher than 2:1:1 ratio
    Still waiting on any research that shows 4:1:1 to be more effective or even similar to 2:1:1.
    Firstly, lmao @ that being your response. I retract my previous statement of hoping you understand leucine's role in mTOR activation...it is clear that you do not.

You want research? A simple pubmed search using the keywords leucine and mTOR yielded 239 articles...take your pick, get back to me, and please explain how a BCAA blend with higher leucine content is not a novel approach.

Fact: BCAA supplementation can be very beneficial and it most certainly does NOT have to be a 2:1:1 ratio.

I also find great humor in the fact that you think you are above the rules of this forum and have the right to talk trash (to make it worse, you have no reason to as your argument holds no water) about other companies not using the same amino ratio as Xtend just because you are butt-hurt.
    MFC Illuminati

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    ALLMAX Aminocore. Ajipure instantized aminos. 1000g tub for $50, which has 111 servings, so more cost effective than some of the other big names out there. Mixes easy, no nasty foam.

Fruit Punch and Tropical Caribean Cooler (tastes like pina colada!)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/amino-core.html
    this. Has been my new BCAA product for awhile now.

ya power shock is one that i am leaning towards...thanks for your answer on them being both the same...it clears things up

does anyone think it would be a bad idea to buy a few different containers and just switch it up day by day for flavor or is it best to stick with one and finish it first then switch...also when i switch do i need to do anything like wait a while?

also i just noticed another but again not sure it's by USPlabs modern bcaa i beleive...i guess i am just nervous to get the wrong ones as i've never gotten any before...

Originally Posted by dex26 View Post
    Yes amino acids is the same thing as bcaa's. It's called branched chain amino acids. There are many amino acids out there. Some people don't use much and some that are essential.

I wish you the best of luck with your decision. Everyone is going to have their own opinion as to which is better. Sometimes it is just personal preference.

Sorry i can't answer your question about muscle tech's version. Never tried it. Once i find a product i love, i usually stick with it.

I've tried purple wrath and many flavors of xtend. Then i met a bodybuilder at my local gym. He told me about power shock. So i tried it and never looked back. Best tasting supplement i've ever tried and i've tried MANY.
    Last edited by mommyof5boys; 07-22-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Yes leucine stimulates protein synthesis. But there is a good reason that most studies examining bcaa use a 2:1:1 ratio. You see preliminary data from dr don laymans labs (the first person to ever examine the bcaas as metabolic signals) at the university of Illinois (same lab I did my phd) shows that while leucine was responsible for initiating protein synthesis it actually caused depletion of the other 2 bcaa when taken alone or in too high of a proportion. This is because the oxidation of two molecule of leucine also requires the oxidation of one molecule each of isoleucine and valine. Hence the 2:1:1 ratio. Yes leucine alone will stimulate mps. But the increase will be transient if the other 2 bcaa are not present in sufficient amounts due to them being depleted from the mps precursor pool and essentially 'short circuiting' protein synthesis.

Regards
    While this is true, and I love me some 2:1:1 BCAAs, this is really only relevant for fasted individuals or individuals with very low meal frequency. Otherwise, you can bet that the other BCAAs will be circulating during the time of ffBCAA supplementation, making the extra leucine more beneficial.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes leucine stimulates protein synthesis. But there is a good reason that most studies examining bcaa use a 2:1:1 ratio. You see preliminary data from dr don laymans labs (the first person to ever examine the bcaas as metabolic signals) at the university of Illinois (same lab I did my phd) shows that while leucine was responsible for initiating protein synthesis it actually caused depletion of the other 2 bcaa when taken alone or in too high of a proportion. This is because the oxidation of two molecule of leucine also requires the oxidation of one molecule each of isoleucine and valine. Hence the 2:1:1 ratio. Yes leucine alone will stimulate mps. But the increase will be transient if the other 2 bcaa are not present in sufficient amounts due to them being depleted from the mps precursor pool and essentially 'short circuiting' protein synthesis.

Regards

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    this. Has been my new BCAA product for awhile now.
    glad you like it man!
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingjameskjf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the taste of Xtend, Recoup, RecoverPro (best tasting one to me), and N'Gage, which tastes great and mixes very well and doesn't foam up. I can't stand the aftertaste of ABC Core though.
    kingjameskjf @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

My contest prep/workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115012401&page=4

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i noticed that xtend is on the top of the list but not sure about taste...
    Search button at the top right corner .. type in "Xtend Reviews" you will find over 100+ threads.

Originally Posted by NattyFLEX View Post
    Xtend the best IMO
    Originally Posted by Ion26 View Post
    This^^^
    Originally Posted by littlebones6 View Post
    Xtend is good, Fusion's Agent-M I quite like too - a bit on the pricier side however.
    Originally Posted by unccwrestler View Post
    Xtend-Watermelon and Recoverpro-lemonade are tied as the best tasting BCAA supps IMO
    With the newest version of Xtend V2, in my bias opinion (see sig), I think it is the best. Instantized bcaa's so they dissolve easily. The only bonded Citrulline Malate on the market. Added electrolytes, which are needed even by bodybuilders. I suggest getting the smallest version of the various products over the next 45-60 days. You can be your own judge. If you like original gatorade formula, go with Lemon Sour. My favorite outside of that is apple and blue raz.
    ^^ There is just a bit of feedback for you. There is a reason its a top 10 product, winner of multiple awards to its name, and continues to get better with the release of v2 which I made a short video of to help you out:

appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000) appleyard777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    AI Recoverpro, XF Ice
    Do Workkkkk...

Cutting as of June 2011

2004- 115lbs
    2006 - 155lbs
    2010 - 190lbs
    2011 - 215lbs