Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

if you cant hit a gym, can push ups give you a respectable body size?

with of course cardio included running/jogging 45 mins a day. Can push ups alone give you a respectable front size? What I mean is a toned good looking chest/neck/shoulders, how many push ups should I aim doing a per day?

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ghosthowl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    No.
    so a gym is a must even if you did 600 push ups a week?

Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ghosthowl View Post
    You'll get some results but not enough, other than that you'll just get good at push ups.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yes, if "a respectable front size" is your goal.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Yes, if "a respectable front size" is your goal.
    It is. Like I am not looking to be big or anything just how can I put it, a taylor lautner like body.

It is. Like I am not looking to be big or anything just how can I put it, a taylor lautner like body.
    Sorry I stand corrected -

the answer is yes.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

lol I mean twilight version.

Er he doesn't look much bigger...

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jmanx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol taylor did excerises with resistance bands and ate alot of red meat and was at gym almost every day

Originally Posted by Jmanx View Post
    lol taylor did excerises with resistance bands and ate alot of red meat and was at gym almost every day
    but couldnt you just do a ton of push ups and dumb bell work outs to achieve that kind of body, I dont wanna be big but just toned out.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No.

You will need some kind of resistance to progress.

hm would would weighted clothing + push ups be more effected? Like a weighted vest, arm bands etc?

csrobbins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just saved 150 bucks and bought a used bench and machine off craiglist and from a used sports store. I too thought I could get big using body weight exercises and pushups, all this does is wakes your muscles up a bit, and after that your only working on endurance because your not progressing weight.

It doesnt take alot to come up with this even if your young and in school. If your serious you will do what it takes. And all it takes is about 150 bucks, keep a diet and exercise journal, get a begginer program, work on form, progress in weight, eat, all these are necessary for your goals.

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    but couldnt you just do a ton of push ups and dumb bell work outs to achieve that kind of body, I dont wanna be big but just toned out.
    toned out= low bodyfat

dumbells would get you a good sized chest. but if all your looking for is getting ripped then yes bodyweight exercises+ low calorie diet+ cardio= visible cuts evrywhere
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by csrobbins View Post
    I just saved 150 bucks and bought a used bench and machine off craiglist and from a used sports store. I too thought I could get big using body weight exercises and pushups, all this does is wakes your muscles up a bit, and after that your only working on endurance because your not progressing weight.

It doesnt take alot to come up with this even if your young and in school. If your serious you will do what it takes. And all it takes is about 150 bucks, keep a diet and exercise journal, get a begginer program, work on form, progress in weight, eat, all these are necessary for your goals.
    I plan on getting a 50 lb weighted vest, is 50 lbs enough to start you think?

Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Crazymix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    with of course cardio included running/jogging 45 mins a day. Can push ups alone give you a respectable front size? What I mean is a toned good looking chest/neck/shoulders, how many push ups should I aim doing a per day?
    you ever seen someone from jail?
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

"It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    toned out= low bodyfat

dumbells would get you a good sized chest. but if all your looking for is getting ripped then yes bodyweight exercises+ low calorie diet+ cardio= visible cuts evrywhere
    Thank you and yes thats basically what I`m looking for ripped, not get huge or anything.

400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Crazymix View Post
    lol they have gyms in jail... just saying

nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsiegel5 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dont understand what the hesistation is to going to the gym and lifting weights. If you cant find the time or afford the fees then you have to improvise and find ways to make things work. I love how so many guys think its so easy to get big muscles and as soon as you touch a weight your chest explodes. If you want get resistance bands and add them to your push ups plus you can do them on two platforms spread out so you can go down lower (you can just set up two chairs next to each other). In high school we took basketballs injected them full of water and did chest passes bouncing them off a brick wall as hard as we could for 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 6 minutes straight. There are things to do and ways to get it done but its a whole lot easier to lift weights.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no
    toned out= low bodyfat

no
    I plan on getting a 50 lb weighted vest, is 50 lbs enough to start you think?
    no buy a weight set and do it right, stop bull****ting
    Originally Posted by Crazymix View Post
    lol they have gyms in jail... just saying
    This...

don't believe the movies. People that look "buff" when they leave prison lift weights.

Pushups and situps aren't going to get it done.
    Cha Cha Cha

unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unicornsRreal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do pullups with the pushups everyday. you will get the body of your dreams. i promise you.

Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nskrd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Crack should do the job
    "You can hate on me all you want to, but what can you possibly say to somebody who looks like Rambo, pretty much, without his shirt off?"

jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc1186 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can get great gains from just a set of dumbbells & a bench. Should set you back around $100 second hand & should keep you going (& looking good) for a while!

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can gain some size especially for a new lifter who lifts weights, but as you progress there are going to be better, more suitable means to gaining size, different avenues that are somewhat more practical.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

u wot m1.68179283050743⁴ Manc33's Avatar
    Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    People lift weights in jail because they have to otherwise they will get picked on. Kinda like the outside, but with a thousand times more bullying and thus a thousand times more incentive. People can do anything if pushed hard enough, its just that most don't bother to push themselves that much.

If a skinny guy @ 150LBS had no chest at all and was just starting out, he can make his chest look ever so slightly toned from push ups I bet, but after that he is just doing "endurance" training I guess, maintaining his toned chest but never building it.

Think, if this skinny guy can only do 3 push ups, of course his tiny skinny muscles will develop from push ups alone, but that will only last a matter of months before it is impossible to build on the pecs that way.

I guess it depends how you want to look, but this is a bodybuilding forum and so, size is what matters here. I myself want to get just over 200LBS... in the long run. I say long run I mean about 5 years. Been putting about 1lb a week on recently (consistently over the last 8 weeks) and thats doing some cardio as well

When I started push ups for the first time, after about 3 or 4 lots (over say 8 or 10 days) I felt a lot stronger... but then I was starting out, push ups are ONLY any use when you are first starting.... or you did join a gym but never touched the bench press for some inexcusable reason, then yeah you'd have no chest and push ups will help.

Thats the bottom line from me - if you have a piss weak chest then yeah, push ups will build your pecs a tiny bit, they will do *something* but I can't see it doing that much.

Ever seen those monkeys doing push ups? Animal cruelty aside... its funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzF2QGUoDjE
    u wot m1.68179283050742908606225095246644152⁴

you bumped this stupid thread? why?

you bumped this stupid thread? why?
    What I want to know is how the **** do these people find such old freaking threads!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    What I want to know is how the **** do these people find such old freaking threads!
    lmao they use the search function i just want to know what the key words he looked up were since his post had alot to do with prison and what vaguely sounds like fear=based bodybuilding lol.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love when people don't get the answer they want so they just rephrase the question and ask again, as if the answer is going to change.

Why ask for advice if you aren't going to take it???