Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Boxerz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Muscular Strength vs Muscular Endurance?

I was wondering, if you become stronger, wouldn't your muscular endurance increase naturally?

Let's say you benched 200 max or you were able to 150 x 10.
    Let's say your strength increased from doing low reps high weight and you are now able to do 225 now. Since you are stronger now, would you be able to lift 150 more than 10 times?

i was wondering because for grappling muscular endurance is more important than muscular strength but my mentality is the stronger you are, the easier things will become, thus the more you can do it constantly/consistently.
    Last edited by Boxerz; 12-13-2007 at 03:05 PM.
    Never forget where you came from.

AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AHTTG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They overlap, one is effected by the other but they are not the same. Focus on whatever you think is more important, high reps to failure with the same weight or increasing weight consistantly but don't completely forget about 1 or the other.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AHTTG View Post
    They overlap, one is effected by the other but they are not the same. Focus on whatever you think is more important, high reps to failure with the same weight or increasing weight consistantly but don't completely forget about 1 or the other.
    Wow, one might actually confuse that with good advice
    I don't know either lol

Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wezz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Boxerz View Post
    I was wondering, if you become stronger, wouldn't your muscular endurance increase naturally?

Let's say your strength increased from doing low reps high weight and you are now able to do 225 now. Since you are stronger now, would you be able to lift 150 more than 10 times?
    Yes. Not clear how many more times though.

This is the wrong place to talk about this (see the hilarious platitude offered by ATTH), go to sherdog.net and ask in the conditioning forum. They have a grappling forum as well

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

i was wondering because for grappling muscular endurance is more important than muscular strength but my mentality is the stronger you are, the easier things will become, thus the more you can do it constantly/consistently.
    By the same logic if you increase your endurance your strength will increase.

They are related but not the same. In fact, trying to maximally adapt to one will effect your ability to maximally adapt to the other.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you don't try to stretch out your endurance, you will amazingly poop out a lot sooner than you think you should during the set.
    Time To Re-Schedule

pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscular endurance

At some point your cardiovascular system gets tired before your muscles get tired. If your grappling matches lasts for 2 minutes then you should focus on providing the max strength for the full 2 minutes. Even if your muscles can handle the lower weight for more reps you must train your cardio to handle higher stress for the period of time needed.

If you run a 1/4 mile race it is pointless to practice running 1 mile. It will not help you either if all you do is lift heavy for 3 sets of 5 reps. You need to lift heavy to increase strength and practice using that increased strength for the full 1/4 mile.

Boxers will lift heavy to increase strength AND hit the bag to help train there cardio system to use that extra strength for round after round.

You shuld be lifting heavy and try some HIIT with the intervals in sync with your grappling matches. If your matches are 2 minutes with 30 second breaks. Do intervals of 2 minutes of everything you got with 30 second of low intensity. This will teach you to use as much strength as possible for the entire match.
    Last edited by pomaikai; 12-14-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Adrenaline18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cool Muscular Strength

Yes. your muscular endurance will enhance as will your strength.

Consider it this way, when Bruce Banner turned into the Hulk, he didn't just get stronger, he gains the other athletic components speed, endurance, agility and durability. Howver, if you do want to futher enhance your strength, I suggest you use a relatively heavy dumbbell with fewer repititions say, a 25 lb dumbbell with 5 reps. For endurance, use a lighter weight in higher repitions. Say, a 10 lb dumbbell with 15-20 reps.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    If the reps stay same and you do more weight, the net work and energy you're capable of expending increases so I think it should go up by at least that proportion.

ie if you bench 100 for 10 and are able to do 50 for 20, going up to benching 200 for 10 should probably let you bench 100 for 20 and 50 for 40 in the least.

Although I guess that's not taking the weight of the arms into play =)

However, I don't think the inverse would be as true. Moving up to benching 50 for 40 or 100 for 20 wouldn't guarantee being able to do 200 for 10. I think someone would probably see some strength increases (maybe they'd be able to do 120 for 10?) but not anywhere as significant as actually training with the bigger weights.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Adrenaline18 View Post
    Yes. your muscular endurance will enhance as will your strength.

Consider it this way, when Bruce Banner turned into the Hulk, he didn't just get stronger, he gains the other athletic components speed, endurance, agility and durability. Howver, if you do want to futher enhance your strength, I suggest you use a relatively heavy dumbbell with fewer repititions say, a 25 lb dumbbell with 5 reps. For endurance, use a lighter weight in higher repitions. Say, a 10 lb dumbbell with 15-20 reps.
    Well thanks for bumping 4 year old thread with that answer for your first post!
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973