Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KimPossible98 View Post
    Take it easy sicky! Did you ever notice how your body always seems to get sick when your stress goes away? I think you posted that your kids are gone for a few weeks so it's like your body is taking the opportunity to just get it out of the way while your kids are gone and you'll have some time to take care of you. I always got sick the week after finals in college... maybe it was all the Mountain Dew I drank..

You were also talking about how your front squats and much stronger than your back squats and your deadlifts. Are your guads generally stronger than your hams and glutes? Can you do extensions a lot easier than you can leg curls?
    Well, I think Im no more quad/front dominant than the average lifter. I like front squats better b/c they feel more comfortable, physically and psychologically...especially since I rarely have a spot. Also, I can go ATG with front squats and only on lighter weights w/ back...

Actually, I think Im stressed b/c my kids are leaving. It's a long 6 weeks w/out them, and having the baby alone (he stays) is actually harder sometimes than the three. So I stress about them leaving, and travelling alone, etc...after they leave/get there Im better (they leave tuesday).

Also have a confession of sorts...I've been stressed that my daughter (Isabel, age 13) is going to get her period while she's gone. I really want her to be here when it happens....not that I can do much about it, lol...

ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    That was dumba$$ number 2 actually. Number one was a guy at the gym, who not only tried to guess my weight and height, but also tried to convince me my body fat was no more than 10%....oh, yeah, he was a real expert. I put him to shame by front squatting 155 right next to him while he did them with a 45lb plate...

Obviously, I had not patience for people today...I will be nicer tommorow. Im going to go eat a cookie now...
    This is very funny. You go!

Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    I fully endorse the sentiments expressed above. ^^^

You look pretty damn incredible IMO (regardless of age). Always admired the avi.... even more impressed at the whole package!

Not your type? Obviously your ex-husband is insane.

Well done!
    I second this, you look fabulous. Keep up the good work.
    Follow my progress here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121514781&highlight=armour24%27s

FUTURE SPONSORED ATHLETE: Controlled Labs, Scivation, SH Athletics, Labrada Nutrition...HERE I COME!

IF PEOPLE DON'T LAUGH WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOUR DREAMS...THEN YOUR DREAMS AREN'T BIG ENOUGH.

Phil 4:13

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow chica, you are livin' in Stressville lately huh? Then on top of all this you get sick! Well they won't be gone for too long - cheer up, Charlie.

And you may get Isabel back early if mother nature calls and your husband starts freeking out... but yeah, there's nothing you can do about that one unfortunately. Deal with these issues as they come
    -KimP

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Monday 6/6:

Pull Ups: 4 x 6 (usually do 6 x 6 but my shoulder is bugging me)

Rack Pulls:
    12 @ 95lbs
    12 @ 115
    12 @ 145
    12 @ 165
    8 @ 195
    8 @ 215
    started using straps at 165lbs. I'm pretty sure I could have done these from the floor as well. First time using straps and it made a huge difference.

T-bar Row:
    12 @ 70 lbs
    10@ 80 lbs
    8 @ 85
    6 @ 90

Single arm row:
    4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

Close grip pull down:
    12 @ 70 lbs
    12 @ 80 lbs
    10 @ 90 lbs
    8 @ 100 lbs

Plank: 3 min, 1 min
    Side plank: 1 min (each side)

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday!

ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ARMOUR24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Monday 6/6:

Pull Ups: 4 x 6 (usually do 6 x 6 but my shoulder is bugging me)

Rack Pulls:
    12 @ 95lbs
    12 @ 115
    12 @ 145
    12 @ 165
    8 @ 195
    8 @ 215
    started using straps at 165lbs. I'm pretty sure I could have done these from the floor as well. First time using straps and it made a huge difference.

T-bar Row:
    12 @ 70 lbs
    10@ 80 lbs
    8 @ 85
    6 @ 90

Single arm row:
    4 x 12 @ 50 lbs

Close grip pull down:
    12 @ 70 lbs
    12 @ 80 lbs
    10 @ 90 lbs
    8 @ 100 lbs

Plank: 3 min, 1 min
    Side plank: 1 min (each side)

Hope everyone is having a happy Monday!
    Looks like a great Monday for you. I had the day off and needed it. DOMS is setting in from legs yesterday.

Strong numbers!
    Follow my progress here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121514781&highlight=armour24%27s

FUTURE SPONSORED ATHLETE: Controlled Labs, Scivation, SH Athletics, Labrada Nutrition...HERE I COME!

IF PEOPLE DON'T LAUGH WHEN YOU TELL THEM YOUR DREAMS...THEN YOUR DREAMS AREN'T BIG ENOUGH.

Phil 4:13

KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000) KimPossible98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man look at those awesome numbers for you close grip pulldowns! I just can't seem to develop my lats at all.

What kind of lifting straps did you use?
    -KimP

Smile

Man look at those awesome numbers for you close grip pulldowns! I just can't seem to develop my lats at all.

I'm not sure...just cheap black things from a sports store..canvas w/ a hole to loop it through..

My back may be better/stronger than I think. I need someone to take a back progress pic for me. A trainer at the gym this morning was telling me my back looked awesome and I had a great v taper..I can't see it from the front but lats are definitely something I focus on to try to get some shape on my ruler shaped body, lol. I have literally no waist and super narrow hips...also carry fat in my midsection more than anywhere else...my trainer calls it my "table muscle"

One thing that is hard for me is making a mind/muscle connection with my lats. So yesterday, when I was doing the single arm row...I was using fairly light weight and going very slowly and just focusing on trying to feel it in my lats. Otherwise I think a lot of time I let my traps/shoulders take a bit of the load...and believe me my traps do NOT need to get any bigger..

So...bright and early today: 5am arms w/Kevin

warm up w/ 3 sets of 10 push ups w/ row 12 lb dbs

super set: preacher curl/tri cable pull down(20, 15, 12,10...hate 20 reps)dont know weight
    superset: hammer curl/ weighted dips on bench(4 x 20 on HC w/ 20 lbs)(20, 15, 15,15 w/ 35 lbs dip)
    dips: body weight and I was struggling to pull out 6-8 reps per set (4 sets)
    cable bicep curl(4 x 15...don't know weight)

planks w/ twist: 60 reps/twists
    planks on hands/feet: 4 @ 15 seconds each

So, I may have been stress eating the past couple of weeks...but it really shows in the gym as well as on my waistline, lol...tons of energy and good strength..

treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Awesome numbers! Something to strive for for sure! My hubby says I have to work on the lats big time. LOL..now that I think about it.. my hubby says I can work on most of the body.. :P

Have you injured your shoulder before?

Originally Posted by treener View Post
    Awesome numbers! Something to strive for for sure! My hubby says I have to work on the lats big time. LOL..now that I think about it.. my hubby says I can work on most of the body.. :P

I have a minor shoulder injury that can be triggered by anything, lifting, putting a shirt on, whatever.. So if I feel a twinge I go easy on it.

I love a great back on a woman..it's something Im striving for. Actually, Ive been getting tons of compliments on my back lately (from trainers at my 2 gyms) but I actually dont know what it looks like...Going to have to get my camera set up and take a self portrait one of these days, lol...maybe then I won't feel so bad about the belly Im growing these past few weeks!

My back may be better/stronger than I think. I need someone to take a back progress pic for me.

I have literally no waist and super narrow hips...also carry fat in my midsection more than anywhere else...my trainer calls it my "table muscle"

Otherwise I think a lot of time I let my traps/shoulders take a bit of the load...and believe me my traps do NOT need to get any bigger..

So, I may have been stress eating the past couple of weeks...but it really shows in the gym as well as on my waistline, lol...tons of energy and good strength..
    Take pics! I wanna see. A nice back is so great, and you could wear some sweet dresses. And with your rectangle frame I'm sure you can wear any style of clothes.

Good point about really focusing on the lats. I was wondering if I was doing that too, letting my traps and shoulders take the load. I'll have to go light and concentrate to see next time. That could be the issue.

And no worries about the eating, look at Hobbes eating 3500 cals a day

Originally Posted by treener View Post
    There are lots of us who have shoulder injuries around here. Personally I have torn my rotator cuff on my right shoulder and separated my left shoulder. It makes lifting very difficult and like bosgirl says, it sucks to hurt it again putting your shirt on in the morning...
    -KimP

Thumbs up

Take pics! I wanna see. A nice back is so great, and you could wear some sweet dresses. And with your rectangle frame I'm sure you can wear any style of clothes.

Good point about really focusing on the lats. I was wondering if I was doing that too, letting my traps and shoulders take the load. I'll have to go light and concentrate to see next time. That could be the issue.

And no worries about the eating, look at Hobbes eating 3500 cals a day

There are lots of us who have shoulder injuries around here. Personally I have torn my rotator cuff on my right shoulder and separated my left shoulder. It makes lifting very difficult and like bosgirl says, it sucks to hurt it again putting your shirt on in the morning...

Pics will follow soon...I was in Lululemon yesterday trying to console myself w/ a cute new top (kids left town yesterday for 6 weeks). They have great mirrors and I got a peek at my back. It has definitely improved and there is a lot of visible muscle, but Im not sure the lats are up to par...well, my par...but still, looking strong and thats a good thing...

I'm not too worried about the cals. I am super bloated and thats the worst. Today Im going to recalculate my macros and come up with a plan. And then Im going to stick to it for 4-6 weeks and see how it goes.

KP...that is one reason I like having my trainer. It's been very educational in a way. It's not that he does things I don't know about , but he watches me and tells me when Im using the wrong muscles...and when he mentions it I can feel it suddenly and know he's right. Now, he's a friend of mine so it's a different relationship..he can put his hand on my back or wherever and show me my mistakes or whatever. He'll adjust my grip, or my elbow placement, or my stance...and I feel the difference in the movement...does that make sense?

Now Im talking subtle changes here, but I think they make a difference..

treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I too blew out my rotary cuff about 5 years ago. To this day I can feel it. Takes on lift and it's like..yah..easy with this today. Same with my knee.

It's not easy when the kids go. My thoughts are with you on that. I'm glad you did something to perk yourself up. I'm quite sure the kids would enjoy seeing that as well. I haven't been to lululemon in years! I should do a shop sometime. I could use a boost like that!

LOL..I took a photo of my burn the other day (oh I got a bad one) and I got asked what was the bump on my back...to realize it was muscle. Yay! Haha. I can't agree more...love a sexy back. And with summer around the corner, all the better! I too would love to see a back shot!

Blotaing is aweful. I am so bad for that. From morning to night it's huge! Any tips for that??? (lol..besides water).

I am SUCH a big fan of Lululemon! Love their stuff so much. They have the only pants that I can do deads and squats in at the gym and don't show off my undies to everyone.

It's amazing when you have someone there to point stuff out to you. I don't have a trainer but recently have started talking to some of the other guys who have obviously been lifting a long time. One guy pointed out some things with my squat to me on Sunday and it was a total "ah ha!" moment. Sometimes having another set of eyes on you makes all the difference in the world.
    -KimP

I am SUCH a big fan of Lululemon! Love their stuff so much. They have the only pants that I can do deads and squats in at the gym and don't show off my undies to everyone.

It's amazing when you have someone there to point stuff out to you. I don't have a trainer but recently have started talking to some of the other guys who have obviously been lifting a long time. One guy pointed out some things with my squat to me on Sunday and it was a total "ah ha!" moment. Sometimes having another set of eyes on you makes all the difference in the world.
    Yeah, their pants are great. I live in their wind type pants. I do have a compaint abput their tops/bras, though...they are really not meant for anyone who has upper body muscles. The straps dig into my shoulders and they are always tight around the lats...if I go a size bigger they are huge in the boobs...oh well..Top I got yesterday is cute..but one of the blousier styles they are now carrying, usually not my fave but great if you're feeling bloated, lol...

Yikes, Im a couple of days behind here..

OK..yesterday 6/8:

Dips: 4 x 10

Incline db bench press:
    12 @ 25lbs
    12 @ 30lbs
    10 @ 35 lbs
    5 @ 40lbs drop set to 30 lbs, 8 more reps

Bench Press:
    15 @ 65lbs
    12 @ 85 lbs
    10 @ 95 lbs
    6 @ 100 lbs
    2 @ 115lbs..bailed..scared b/c I had no spot..

Incline db fly:
    15@ 20 lbs
    12 @ 25 lbs
    12 @ 25 lbs
    12 @ 25lbs

30 min cardio

Today, 6/8:

Squat to military press: 4 x 20 reps w/ 20 lb db

Clean and press:
    15 @ 45lbs
    12 @ 55 lbs
    12 @ 55 lbs
    10 @ 60 lbs

Upright row:
    4 x 20 w/45 lbs (urgghhh...20 reps)

rear delt machine..4 sets 20 reps
    side lat raise
    front lat raise on incline bench (looking down, belly on bench..)

can't remember weight/reps/sets on last 3...training w/ Kevin

30 min cardio

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow I'm jelly you can do db flys with your shoulder, that exercise makes me curl up on the floor and cry lol. As for bb bench why not just put a bench in the power rack? I LIVE in the power rack! haha I must say I have also failed on a rep in the power rack more than anyone in the history of ham. I would feel naked benching out in the open with no spotter!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

I'll try the power rack. I miss the hammer strength stuff from my old gym..that was the best for chest..

Bench isn't my strongest. But I have decent pecs...for a girl

Oh, also posted a back pic on my space. Not the best pic..Kevin took it this am w/ his phone.

Smile

6/10: rest day. I'll probably do some cardio. Then take Axel to the pool and maybe the zoo...already sweltering here...hitting the high 90's every day.

Keeping my macros in check the past few days and I swear I can already see the difference..way less puffy and leaner looking. I feel lucky my body is so responsive...I know so many women here really struggle with fat loss and Im grateful that at my age its still relatively easy.

Saw a woman at the pool yesterday who had a really great physique. BF probably 17-18% and really nicely balanced. She was much shorter than me, but she kind of inspired me to ETS..

What macros are you trying to maintain currently?
    -KimP

What macros are you trying to maintain currently?
    I'm going to try 1700-1800 for a 2 weeks, and then maybe drop to 1600-1700. Protein at at least 150. Fat at 45-60 gms. Some days my fat is lower..try to get it to work out over the course of the week. Same with cals...yesterday at 1750, but the day before at 1600.

If this doesn't work I'll go to super strict counting. I know if I want to get really lean (like 17-18%) I'm probably going to have to go pretty low cal at the end..

The only other change is adding cardio 4-5 times per week. I might do HiTT one of those times, but the sprints really mess with my lifts, I think. So mainly steady state on the ellip for 30-40 min at moderate intensity. Kind of destresses me and doesn't make me too tired for lifting. Mostly just hoping it burns a few extra cals daily..

I'm going to try 1700-1800 for a 2 weeks, and then maybe drop to 1600-1700. Protein at at least 150. Fat at 45-60 gms. Some days my fat is lower..try to get it to work out over the course of the week. Same with cals...yesterday at 1750, but the day before at 1600.

If this doesn't work I'll go to super strict counting. I know if I want to get really lean (like 17-18%) I'm probably going to have to go pretty low cal at the end..

The only other change is adding cardio 4-5 times per week. I might do HiTT one of those times, but the sprints really mess with my lifts, I think. So mainly steady state on the ellip for 30-40 min at moderate intensity. Kind of destresses me and doesn't make me too tired for lifting. Mostly just hoping it burns a few extra cals daily..
    Seeing that chicky at the pool really gave you some motivation, didn't it?

I know that if I want to lose fat I really have to be in the 1500 cal range.
    -KimP

Seeing that chicky at the pool really gave you some motivation, didn't it?

I know that if I want to lose fat I really have to be in the 1500 cal range.
    In a way she did. Its unusual to actually see someone that fit in real life. And Im at a very healthy weight/BF% for a woman, so it's not like I really need to lose weight or anything. So sometimes I lack the motivation to lean out more.

Another interesting thing about the pool incident. I was checking out this woman, and as I was admiring her I'll admit I was kind of bashing myself about not working hard enough. I was doing the typical female body bashing..my stomach and ass are gross and fat..etc etc blah blah blah..Then I took Axel to the bathroom and as we were leaving I got a glimpse of myself in a mirror and didn't even recognize it as myself..It was like looking at someone else, b/c I didn't see the mirror there. Kind of sad...the woman in the mirror looked pretty good..I should be nicer to her..

Yes, I suspect I'll have to go down to 1500 for a while. Going to ease into it, though. For me, the closer I get to my goal, the easier it is for me to stay on track. So I'll cut back slowly and debloat and when Im feeling close I'll drop...

LOL..I tell yah, you kind of scared me there for a minute bosgirl. Haha..I'm doing the same macros, just started last week. I really want to drop some fat and start bulking again in the fall..but not till some of it's gone.

I think you are way to hard on yourself, just like you know you are. It's not easy when we start that compare thing..I am guilty of it every day. But I also have to realize there are some ladies who look at me like that..so can't be too bad off.

Enjoy your day in the sun..once again..I got rain.

Yeah we all get into the habit of beating ourselves up, but you know, you are actually IDEAL for a woman. So that's something to think about. That your body with your current bodyfat % is in the recommended ideal range (and may already be considered lean) for a woman. That's a nice thought There are lots of women who would kill to be in the kind of shape you are!
    -KimP

Yeah we all get into the habit of beating ourselves up, but you know, you are actually IDEAL for a woman. So that's something to think about. That your body with your current bodyfat % is in the recommended ideal range (and may already be considered lean) for a woman. That's a nice thought There are lots of women who would kill to be in the kind of shape you are!
    You're right...not that Im ideal, lol, but that Im in better shape than so many people. And it's good to be strong and fit and healthy. San Antonio is one of the top 5 cities for obesity, I think. I see it everywhere..especially now that it's hot and we're at the pool daily. I mean, we go to the pool at my gym...but every woman there is overweight and out of shape. I see moms who are younger than me but are too big/tired to get out of their chairs when their kids call for them.

And we're all in the same boat...busy lives, small kids, lots of demands...I'm glad I made the choice to make my health and fitness a priority. Looking good is just an added bonus

dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'll try the power rack. I miss the hammer strength stuff from my old gym..that was the best for chest..

Bench isn't my strongest. But I have decent pecs...for a girl

Oh, also posted a back pic on my space. Not the best pic..Kevin took it this am w/ his phone.
    Wow, there is fair amount of muscle packed on that back of yours. I must work even harder now....
    Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one!

Journal 2011- "Bring On The Muscle Part II: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136157271

dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dawndm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seeing and comparing yourself to other woman is something I do all of the time. I can't help it, I think it's the competitive side of me. I was in the gym this morning (in Hawaii on holiday) and I spotted a female with huge muscle mass. A trainer there told me she was on steroids.....it was not a nice look, IMO, and I can't understand why any woman would want to do that to herself. Don't get me wrong, I like to see a strong woman with natural muscle. But seeing so much mass on a girl was a bit shocking. The guys at the gym kept looking at her out the corner of their eyes, I'm sure they felt intimidated! LOL!

Everyone to their own, I suppose, but it's not a look I admire. Saying that though, I am looking to add some mass to this old frame....it's coming............ but slowly.
    Your body is a temple, but only if you treat it as one!

Journal 2011- "Bring On The Muscle Part II: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136157271

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Went to check out that back pic Bos, very nice, but I first noticed your avi on there, it's a bit bigger than the version on the forums, holy crap you do have a great chest! Looking jacked there. (no homo lol)
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000) hieronymous is just really nice. (+1000)
    Oh hai, bosgirl - I just checked out your journal for the first time today.

Saw a woman at the pool yesterday who had a really great physique. BF probably 17-18% and really nicely balanced. She was much shorter than me, but she kind of inspired me to ETS..
    What is ETS? I find it frustrating when shorter people inspire because there is no way I could look like them. But inspiration is inspiration.

You have an amazing physique - kudos.

It makes me sad when parents aren't active with their kids, whether they are overweight or not.
    Love others well, but love thyself the most

Originally Posted by hieronymous View Post
    Oh hai, bosgirl - I just checked out your journal for the first time today.

What is ETS? I find it frustrating when shorter people inspire because there is no way I could look like them. But inspiration is inspiration.

You have an amazing physique - kudos.

It makes me sad when parents aren't active with their kids, whether they are overweight or not.
    LOL.."Embrace the Suck"...it was coined on the cutting forum, I believe.

Yes, it is hard to compare with different body types. Im always envious of smaller women who seem to have no trouble building up their legs/glutes...but maybe they're jealous I have legs up to my armpits, lol...the grass is always greener I guess!

Thanks for the compliment...I always say I come by it honestly...Ive been working hard at it for a long time...

Hey, I just noticed you're very tall too! What do you think the biggest challenges are, being a tall lifter?
    Last edited by bosgirlin09; 06-10-2011 at 08:51 PM.