hlvo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how often can you work your abs?

i was woundering if it is to much too work out my abs 6 times a week? i only do about 7-10min of ab work after my warmup and wanted to know if this was to much, or not enough, also what are some good over abdominal excursises that can be done with minimal gym equipment, my gym is ill equiped. thanks

Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why do you believe that abs are magical muscles that do not require recovery time like every other muscle?
    I'd focus on getting some size before worrying about abs.
    ==Juggernaut Group==
    http://groups.bodybuilding.com/i_am_juggernaut

I'll be satisfied when I'm dead.

mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000)
    i hit em 3 times a week mwf

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Look, you can do ANY exercise for ANY bodypart ANY days of the week. It all depends on volume, intensity, and frequency. Frequency is directly related to volume and intensity per workout you do.

If you give the muscle it's own day, and hit it for 45-60 minutes, you might want to keep it to once a week. If you add it into another body parts workout, and slam it for 10-20 minutes, sure.. 2-3x a week should be good. If you do it as an afterthought, maybe a lot of high rep stuff, or give it a few sets at the end of every workout; every day should be fine.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hlvo1 View Post
    i was woundering if it is to much too work out my abs 6 times a week? i only do about 7-10min of ab work after my warmup and wanted to know if this was to much, or not enough, also what are some good over abdominal excursises that can be done with minimal gym equipment, my gym is ill equiped. thanks
    Pretty much my favorite bodybuilding cliche that pretty much NOBODY listens to at first:

Less is more

It can be so hard to drill into people's heads. 6 days a week of one body part is completely inefficient. If you take person 'A' and have them work abs 1 hour a week and have person 'B' work them 3 hours a week, who do you think is going to improve faster? If you answered person 'B', then person 'B' either has wolverine/saiyan-like cell recovery, or you haven't read enough stickies.

angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Technically you can work it out as much as you want but you should still treat your abs like any other muscle. Second, why are you doing it right after warmup. Abs are part of your core and depending on what you do in your actual work out it may hinder your performance. For example, if you are going to do some heavy front squats and you did abs earlier. It may hinder your ability to do so.
    Purple and Red till the day we're dead! - SigEp

“Don't **** with this. Every bodybuilder seems to have Attention Deficit Disorder and an overwhelming desire to customize everything.” -Madcow2

VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VDEngineer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hit them 3 times a week, always after the other muscle groups for that day though (before cardio). Look into crunches, torso rotations and all that stuff. Just takes you, a floor and a floormat. You could even do them at home, no added weight and until failure.

MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Training is an individual thing. You can take others experience and see how it applies to you. For me, I train ABS3x per week 9 sets
    Http://www.malcolmtearsii.com - Contact me 2 become an MT2 Affiliate.
    Http://www.elite-personaltraining.com
    http://www.********.com/01MT2
    Http://www.metroflexgymsacramento.com
    Http://www.YouTube.com/eliteihpt

Team MuscleTech Athlete