Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LinDiva3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    New here & thanks for some good info.

prettygirlfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    best way to gain lean muscle:
    eat more food.
    train heavy with weights.
    do a little cardio to keep healthy.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    do more cardio to add to calorie deficit.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    Preach it sister!!!!

dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10) dariasofi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alexisdoles View Post
    TOTALLY agree about the supplements. I recently weaned myself off of OxyElite, and before that NoExplode. Now I'm just natural, eating well and sleeping right.

Basically though I wanted to lose fat and I am already fit. Low body fat percentage, good muscle tone. In the past two weeks I lost about 6lbs which is DIFFICULT for me because I dont have *much* to lose, just in a few spots, and I build muscle quickly.

I did it by cutting calories, eating very lean foods, drinking more water, adding more leg work outs and doing more cardio.

Been taking naps every day...I feel great.
    I agree on the sleeping especially. I notice a HUGE difference in how I feel after good and bad sleep alike.
    5'5". 110 lbs. 17% BF
    Yoga, HIIT, Weights 5 days /wk
    Clean raw eating 90% of the time
    No alcohol M-Th

jadeh87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm new to this, since January 2012!
    I just wondered if I'm doing the right things to meet my goal of being totally lean and to build muscle!
    I have 2 grenades, omega 3 oil, calcium&vit d and an aloe vera supp with oats for breakfast,
    working out im doing jamie easons live fit programme and am on week 3
    i have a whey protein shake straight after
    my diet during the day is totally clean now and ive given up alcohol
    i eat 5 small meals a day
    I've lost a stone and a half which is about 24lbs since january 25th but i want to build lean muscle so are there any alterations i can make to my training or supplements?
    i think my diet is pretty nailed to be honest its the other aspects that are very new to me.

It's addictive seeing the results I just want to continue to improve.

Thank you

Jade
    New to this lifestyle, totally addicted and happiest I've felt in years! One gear, go!

minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10) minxywildkat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree! Take the long hard healthy road. It's a lifestyle.

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    buy lots of useless supplements thinking they will help magically with the above.
    Minxy - Anita

Know yourself
    Be yourself
    Trust yourself
    Love yourself
    Respect yourself.

LindaAlbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi Emma-Leigh,
    Thanks for sharing the info..
    sounds very easy and simple...

hmihal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lostmittens View Post
    How do i know what my daily caloric intake should be? I'm fat. I have commited to working out 5 days a week here is my routine: monday 10 mins cardio then i do a lower body work out 3 set of 15 approx 50 lbs, my abs then 25 mins cardio. Tue: 10 mins cardio upper body work out 3 set of 15 approx 50 lbs, my abs then 25 mins cardio. Wed: 40 mins cardio my abs Thur and Fri are repetes of Mon & Tue off on Sat and Sun
    Please advise.
    A good rule that I have heard is to take your realistic goal weight and multiply that by 10. Then add in 200-500 additional calories for exercise depending on the activities of the day. To preserve muscle, eat 1-1.5 grams protein for every lb of lean body weight. If you don't know what your lean weight is, eat 1 gm per lb. Carbs are important for energy so don't forget to add plenty of wholesome carbs. I personally do best when I eat as many carbs as protein. You can track your food log along with your macros on a free site like loseit.com I like loseit.com because they also have a free mobile app. My current weight is 150 and I am trying to get to a lean 125. My calorie target is (125 X 10)+200-500. So I try to eat in the range of 1450-1750 per day.

aprilevolve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by emma-leigh View Post
    eat more food.
    Train heavy with weights.
    Do a little cardio to keep healthy.
    Rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    Train heavy with weights.
    Do more cardio to add to calorie deficit.
    Rest enough.

best way to waste money:

amen.

heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) heebz76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alot of you have good points on how to gain lean muscle and burn fat. But one must remember that everyone has different metabolisms when they start their want to lose. You have to find what foods work for you. I learned the basics on this subject from my local gym, the rest I learned from my own body. I started out at 200lbs in 2008 and have been at 130-135lbs since 2010. I did my weight lose a little slower then most women prefer. I changed my diet gradually starting out with less carbs and no second helpings. Then I gradually took out all processed foods. I do eat them occasionally now. Sugary foods and white flour are my killer on weight. I try to leave them out as much as possible. As far as Lean Muscle I did what most other stated on here. Start out with what you can lift in 12 reps and work the weight up. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn. Don't forget your cardio. If you are not sweating you are not losing.

Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Taina86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Hannah73Louise;406433361]I love that! Nice and simple [/QUO

Hi, so in order to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time is good to do strenght prior to cardio? excusse my ignorance but I am relatively new in all these fitness and nutrition world, I'm trying to lose 60lbs of fat and gain muscle at the same time, I am doing a ketosis diet too, and I am not sure if that is the best diet for fat loss and muscle build, Any help will be highly apreciated Tanx everyone.

jennifermaxine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

I agree .. but does the body ever go into starvation mode? Or does it get to a point where it 'holds on to fat' if eating too low of calories? I've been plateaued at 126 for 3.5 weeks now. That is with 1400 cals a day. I've upped my cardio to 6x's a week (also do weights 3x's a wk) But still 126. The thought of cutting more cals makes me cry ... I'm already starving half the time. I'm wondering if the reason why I'm not losing weight is because I'm eating too little. ??? Any thoughts?

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jennifermaxine View Post
    I agree .. but does the body ever go into starvation mode? Or does it get to a point where it 'holds on to fat' if eating too low of calories? I've been plateaued at 126 for 3.5 weeks now. That is with 1400 cals a day. I've upped my cardio to 6x's a week (also do weights 3x's a wk) But still 126. The thought of cutting more cals makes me cry ... I'm already starving half the time. I'm wondering if the reason why I'm not losing weight is because I'm eating too little. ??? Any thoughts?
    You do too much cardio. And eat too little. If you read you're other thread you'll see every response says you're eating too little.
    All you need to do is lift heavy 3-4 times per week and I'd drop the cardio for now unless you need to be fit for your job.

jennifermaxine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    You do too much cardio. And eat too little. If you read you're other thread you'll see every response says you're eating too little.
    All you need to do is lift heavy 3-4 times per week and I'd drop the cardio for now unless you need to be fit for your job.
    Ok thanks.

gypsy96d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm probably being incredibly impatient, but I've been hitting the gym quite hard lately, and I don't feel like I'm seeing the results as quickly as I'd like. I'm 32, 5'5 and 138lbs. I'm guessing my BF% is somewhere between 20%-25% but frankly, I haven't measured it, so that's just a guess. I've been focusing on weight training, as that is what I love to do, although I do cardio by riding my bike to and from work, as well as one day a week in the gym focused on cardio.

I'm a civilian working in Afghanistan and don't have the kind of control over what I eat that I'd like to have. I work 84 hours a week and yet still find time to train 90 min a day, six days a week with my co-worker (yeah, I have no life). My biggest problem is not temptation, but it's just remembering to eat at all! I swear, eating every 3 hours or so is incredibly difficult! Below is what I generally try to aim for as far as my diet is concerned:

1. protein shake
    2. 4-5 oz chicken or tuna fish (canned) w/ salsa
    3. almonds and granola bar
    4. egg whites & fruit (usually pineapple and strawberries)
    5. protien bar (if I remember)

Is this sufficient, or should I attempt to modify it? I feel like my overall problem isn't willpower, it's knowledge (and remembering to eat). I have plenty of willpower so long as I don't have to give up my one cup of coffee a day. Any help you ladies can provide would be incredibly helpful.

NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000) NGR8SHAPE is just really nice. (+1000)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    KISS method: keep it simple stupid.
    True Iron Amazon. Hard.Body.Elegance. Consulting

www.trueironamazon.com

www.tabmassage..com

flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50) flyingeek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gypsy96d View Post
    I'm probably being incredibly impatient, but I've been hitting the gym quite hard lately, and I don't feel like I'm seeing the results as quickly as I'd like. I'm 32, 5'5 and 138lbs. I'm guessing my BF% is somewhere between 20%-25% but frankly, I haven't measured it, so that's just a guess. I've been focusing on weight training, as that is what I love to do, although I do cardio by riding my bike to and from work, as well as one day a week in the gym focused on cardio.

I'm a civilian working in Afghanistan and don't have the kind of control over what I eat that I'd like to have. I work 84 hours a week and yet still find time to train 90 min a day, six days a week with my co-worker (yeah, I have no life). My biggest problem is not temptation, but it's just remembering to eat at all! I swear, eating every 3 hours or so is incredibly difficult! Below is what I generally try to aim for as far as my diet is concerned:

1. protein shake
    2. 4-5 oz chicken or tuna fish (canned) w/ salsa
    3. almonds and granola bar
    4. egg whites & fruit (usually pineapple and strawberries)
    5. protien bar (if I remember)

Is this sufficient, or should I attempt to modify it? I feel like my overall problem isn't willpower, it's knowledge (and remembering to eat). I have plenty of willpower so long as I don't have to give up my one cup of coffee a day. Any help you ladies can provide would be incredibly helpful.
    If that is what you eat in a day, then you are not eating nearly enough. Have you taken a look at the stickies regarding macros and calories?
    1) I will be there iN 5 minutes.
    2) If not there by then, see 1.

msbluejay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on board with this sage advice, but I'm not sure which boat I'm on: gaining lean muscle or losing fat. I've been working on losing fat and have reached a plateaeu with a simple "eat less, train heavy" plan (consuming 1200 calories per day and keeping carbs under 100g, circuit training or running 4-5x per week, and lifting 3x per week). I'm down to 124 lbs and I've been stuck there for a month. I will start a carb cycling plan this week.

My question is: should I continue focusing on losing the remaining fat that I have (all in my thighs and butt) or not? Once I switch to eating more, am I going to gain weight back in my thighs and legs or all over? Clearly, I'm a newbie, so any advice would be great. Thanks!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by msbluejay View Post
    I'm on board with this sage advice, but I'm not sure which boat I'm on: gaining lean muscle or losing fat. I've been working on losing fat and have reached a plateaeu with a simple "eat less, train heavy" plan (consuming 1200 calories per day and keeping carbs under 100g, circuit training or running 4-5x per week, and lifting 3x per week). I'm down to 124 lbs and I've been stuck there for a month. I will start a carb cycling plan this week.

My question is: should I continue focusing on losing the remaining fat that I have (all in my thighs and butt) or not? Once I switch to eating more, am I going to gain weight back in my thighs and legs or all over? Clearly, I'm a newbie, so any advice would be great. Thanks!
    Eat more food. Or do less cardio. You can't both starve yourself + train like a freak and expect your body just to 'keep going'. Something has got to give.

And as you get leaner - you need to eat more (especially more carbs). So start to increase calories / carbs and you'll probably find you lose more weight + get better workouts and get stronger too.

Eat more food. Or do less cardio. You can't both starve yourself + train like a freak and expect your body just to 'keep going'. Something has got to give.

And as you get leaner - you need to eat more (especially more carbs). So start to increase calories / carbs and you'll probably find you lose more weight + get better workouts and get stronger too.
    It sounds counterintuitive to eat more when I'm trying to lose fat. You've been doing this longer, so I defer to your expertise. But, I'm less concerned about getting stronger or gaining muscle (since I continue to see gains in strength despite the calorie deficit) and more concerned about getting rid of the last bit of fat. Do you have a particular plan that you would recommend to continue leaning out? Also, could you answer the second question I asked (about how I'd be gaining weight when I start adding calories)? That would be helpful. Thanks!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by msbluejay View Post
    It sounds counterintuitive to eat more when I'm trying to lose fat. You've been doing this longer, so I defer to your expertise. But, I'm less concerned about getting stronger or gaining muscle (since I continue to see gains in strength despite the calorie deficit) and more concerned about getting rid of the last bit of fat. Do you have a particular plan that you would recommend to continue leaning out? Also, could you answer the second question I asked (about how I'd be gaining weight when I start adding calories)? That would be helpful. Thanks!
    Why does it sound counter intuitive? It makes perfect sense.
    When you're really fat -- you have much more fat to lose.... So you can create more of a calorie deficit.
    When you're less fat -- you have less fat to lose... So your body can't handle as much of a deficit, not without losing lean mass, or causing metabolic side effects which will slow fat loss.
    When you're more fat, you can therefore eat less.
    When you're less fat - you have to eat more to create the right environment to continue weight loss.

Particular plans in leaning out? There are many variations but the SUCCESSFUL ones (that do not result in metabolic and mental splats at the end) all follow the same theme:
    1/ eat less than you need, but not so little as to do yourself damage
    2/ weight train correctly with a low volume, high load resistance training
    3/ incorporate small amounts of cardio as required.
    4/ incorporate high calorie / high carb days as required. As you get leaner, you need more of these

Over and above this - I don't believe in cookie cutter plans. You essentially need to play with what you need to suit your body / life.
    So, no, there isn't one method I suggest.

And when you do start to 'gain weight' - you will gain all over... Where you gain first / faster - is a matter of genetics + training.

liftette has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Long time lifter, first time member and poster.

I need to know what to do. I'm an ectomorph, don't really build muscle easily. Recently got skinnyfat. Started doing intermittent fasting and the weight came off. Still have a bit of belly fat, so I keep reducing the calorie count. Now I notice I am losing muscle even thought I'm lifting heavier weights. What to do? Give up on the flat belly? I think I only have about 5 pounds more of fat to lose but I don't want to lose more muscle. I'm 5'6 and weigh 115. Please help.

Why does it sound counter intuitive? It makes perfect sense.
    When you're really fat -- you have much more fat to lose.... So you can create more of a calorie deficit.
    When you're less fat -- you have less fat to lose... So your body can't handle as much of a deficit, not without losing lean mass, or causing metabolic side effects which will slow fat loss.
    When you're more fat, you can therefore eat less.
    When you're less fat - you have to eat more to create the right environment to continue weight loss.

Particular plans in leaning out? There are many variations but the SUCCESSFUL ones (that do not result in metabolic and mental splats at the end) all follow the same theme:
    1/ eat less than you need, but not so little as to do yourself damage
    2/ weight train correctly with a low volume, high load resistance training
    3/ incorporate small amounts of cardio as required.
    4/ incorporate high calorie / high carb days as required. As you get leaner, you need more of these

Over and above this - I don't believe in cookie cutter plans. You essentially need to play with what you need to suit your body / life.
    So, no, there isn't one method I suggest.

And when you do start to 'gain weight' - you will gain all over... Where you gain first / faster - is a matter of genetics + training.

Thanks for the explanation. Like I said, I'm new to this, so this is all helpful. I got the lifting part down; or, at least I feel confident about it and I've seen results. But, I'm still in learning mode on the nutrition side. I'm starting off a carb cycling plan today. Hopefully I can start learning more about what works and what does not work for my own body.

Thanks, again!

HEYamandarae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking :)

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    amen.

Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mijass2001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Very simple information, I like it ;-)

Now if only I could work on the eating less... hmmmm.

eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:
    Follow me on ******** at San Diego Miss Fit! Oh, and if you abuse the English language when you message me, you will likely not get a response back.

kellibaresall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more food.
    rest enough.

best way to lose fat:
    eat less food.
    rest enough.

best way to waste money:

Love this, this is great!! What are your thoughts on getting rid of that little extra belly fat that prevents your ab muscles from showing... cardio or weights? I'm already doing some pretty intense lifting and my diet is very strict.

LadyMillionx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hell

I don't eat processed foods. I'm always under my calorie intake sometimes even bang on. I've tried eating less. I've tried eating more. I've tried it all. And what really gets to me is I'm still chubby. Sitting at 25% body fat. I don't eat junk food ever helppppppppp!!!!!!

babyyj1589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Help

Okay, so what is one to do..
    I am looking to lose 70lbs of fat.
    I'm new to this forum and not sure where to start.
    I'm currently 190 lbs and considered obese for 5'4. My BMI is 33. (horrible, and disgusting to think i fit into the 99% of Americans who are obese)
    I am constantly getting frustrated because i don't know how to achieve maximum results in the shortest amount of time. I 'm not a very active person. I have been to the gym before and i just feel lost. I know where i want to be i just do not know what path will lead me to it.

I currently am not on any kind of diet, only because i don't know how many calories i should be eating a day to lose maximum fat. Or what types of foods to eat? I'm not sure how to incorporate protein shakes into my diet or when to drink them? As far as the gym goes.. I have no idea what i'm doing. How much cardio should i be doing? And what type? Should i lift any weights, even though i'm only focused on losing that 70lbs? I want to be a person who is healthy and in great shape, but i don't feel like i have any knowledge to make a plan. I would really like to make a plan for myself, because i feel i will stick to it that way. I also don't know how much sleep i should be getting?

My gym is open 6 out of 7 days a week.. So i could go up to the 6 days.

thanks, J
    Last edited by babyyj1589; 10-01-2012 at 06:52 AM.

anybody?
    Originally Posted by babyyj1589 View Post
    Okay, so what is one to do..
    I am looking to lose 70lbs of fat.
    I'm new to this forum and not sure where to start.
    I'm currently 190 lbs and considered obese for 5'4. My BMI is 33. (horrible, and disgusting to think i fit into the 99% of Americans who are obese)
    I am constantly getting frustrated because i don't know how to achieve maximum results in the shortest amount of time. I 'm not a very active person. I have been to the gym before and i just feel lost. I know where i want to be i just do not know what path will lead me to it.

I currently am not on any kind of diet, only because i don't know how many calories i should be eating a day to lose maximum fat. Or what types of foods to eat? I'm not sure how to incorporate protein shakes into my diet or when to drink them? As far as the gym goes.. I have no idea what i'm doing. How much cardio should i be doing? And what type? Should i lift any weights, even though i'm only focused on losing that 70lbs? I want to be a person who is healthy and in great shape, but i don't feel like i have any knowledge to make a plan. I would really like to make a plan for myself, because i feel i will stick to it that way. I also don't know how much sleep i should be getting?

My gym is open 6 out of 7 days a week.. So i could go up to the 6 days.

thanks, J

TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by babyyj1589 View Post
    anybody?
    There is a lot of information on this site, and knowledge, educating yourself about nutrition and healthy eating and what you need to fuel your body is a good place to start.

Go here http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921 to work out how many calories you need, and learn about protein, fats and carbs and how much of each you need.

As for training New Rules of Lifting for Women or Starting Strength are both good books which will have full programs that you can work through either with home equipment or at a gym.
    There are also programs here on this site such as the Jamie Eason LiveFit 12 week plan http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jami...t-trainer.html

The main thing is to keep reading the forum stickies and threads, also filling in your bodyspace profile with information, statistics and photos will make it much easier for people to advise you if they can 'see' you and your body.
    Lost over 65lbs, and got some of my life back! I may be disabled, but don't underestimate me :)

If it were easy everyone would do it!

Thank you so much! I will deff be posting updates and photos as soon as a set a good plan for myself and get into the rhythm if things.

J
    [QUOTE=TwistedPandora;957449833]There is a lot of information on this site, and knowledge, educating yourself about nutrition and healthy eating and what you need to fuel your body is a good place