Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Reeves deadlift ( again )

I did 455 tonight.

Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MontyMagpie is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Fantastic.
    The mind is the only limit. As long as the mind can envision something, you can do it.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Damn, dude, isn't that an all time world record?
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

â–º â–º â–ºDirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts â—„ â—„ â—„ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladoversic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Damn, dude, isn't that an all time world record?
    Absolutly fantastic! And i have s question what would you recomend for grip strenght since i have a weak point in grip strenght?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/VladimirVersicTV?feature=mhsn

SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't mean to be a hater, but the original Reeves Deadlift used a pinch grip on the flange of the plate. Looks like you have your hands wrapped around the opening of the grip plate.

Still impressive though.

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SlothBane View Post
    I don't mean to be a hater, but the original Reeves Deadlift used a pinch grip on the flange of the plate. Looks like you have your hands wrapped around the opening of the grip plate.

Still impressive though.
    Yes, I used the equipment that the fitness center had. But standard plates turned out ( like I've seen on other revees deadlift pics and videos ) have more of a ridge to grab. And it's really not exactly a pinch grip since my arms make a 45 degree angle to the plate. But yes, that's why I didn't make any claims about beating the record ( which is 50 pounds less than this ), but I'm pretty sure I can even with normal plates. I know it's hard to see on video but I'm not gripping it with my thumbs ( my left thumb is crooked since it's been broken ) so it's really not that much different than gripping the ridge of a standard plate. But yeah, I'll find out next time I deadlift somewhere other than the fitness center.

Audaces fortuna iuvat BillReilly's Avatar
    BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000)
    I saw this here the other day and decided to try it last night after my workout. What weird feeling. I just put one plate on to try it and it was the most unnatural thing. Is this something you do in competition?
    Si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait.

Originally Posted by BillReilly View Post
    I saw this here the other day and decided to try it last night after my workout. What weird feeling. I just put one plate on to try it and it was the most unnatural thing.
    I actually like how it feels. I think it's going to help my standard deadlift. There's more ROM with this.

Originally Posted by BillReilly View Post
    Is this something you do in competition?
    No. I believe there's a powerlifting type federation that does this lift. I'd like to do a record breaker comp someday ( and do more than 400, which is the current record ).

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll see if I can find the link, but 455 is either beating by 5 pounds, or tied. I doubt those particular plates would be allowed, BUT any size lip is allowed. I am curious myself and will do a little more research into this for you.

The 455 looked effortless, so find yourself some plates with a lip only. Take the record legit.... no reason why you can't man. AWESOME lift.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok... BTO... you TIED the old world record of 455. This gentleman did it with plates that only had a flange (not a grip hole). If you want WW, add 5 pounds and use standard plates w a flange only.

http://www.usawa.com/usawa-record-ho...eves-deadlift/

Once again, these are the rules they posted.
    USAWA Rule for the Reeves Deadlift:
    “The rules of the Deadlift apply with these exceptions. The lift starts by the lifter gripping one plate on each side of the bar. The flanges of the plates may be turned outwards to provide a better gripping surface. A regulation bar of legal length must be used. There are no width specifications of the flanges of the lifting plates. Weight is added to the bar with smaller diameter plates so the lifter always has just one plate per side to grip.”

I'd like to see ya take a ww that no one can poke holes in.

Though it says that the flanges can be turned out to get a grip, it is most likely assumed to NOT use plates with handles.

Audaces fortuna iuvat BillReilly's Avatar
    BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BillReilly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    I actually like how it feels. I think it's going to help my standard deadlift. There's more ROM with this.
    Oh, I was not saying it was bad, just different than I expected. It kind of goes against everything you know about lifting heavy stuff. If you need to lift a stack of plywood, you don't put your hands at the ends; you put them in the middle somewhere.

You said it helps your deads, how so?
    Si jeunesse savait, si vieillesse pouvait.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Ok... BTO... you TIED the old world record of 455. This gentleman did it with plates that only had a flange (not a grip hole). If you want WW, add 5 pounds and use standard plates w a flange only.

http://www.usawa.com/usawa-record-ho...eves-deadlift/

Once again, these are the rules they posted.
    USAWA Rule for the Reeves Deadlift:
    “The rules of the Deadlift apply with these exceptions. The lift starts by the lifter gripping one plate on each side of the bar. The flanges of the plates may be turned outwards to provide a better gripping surface. A regulation bar of legal length must be used. There are no width specifications of the flanges of the lifting plates. Weight is added to the bar with smaller diameter plates so the lifter always has just one plate per side to grip.”

I'd like to see ya take a ww that no one can poke holes in.

Though it says that the flanges can be turned out to get a grip, it is most likely assumed to NOT use plates with handles.
    Nice find! But what's ww? Are you Elmer Fudd?
    David

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GJ Ox man, that thing looks weird as heck.

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I did 455 tonight.

Well dayuuuuum! That hurts me just watching that, good job Ox!

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    Cerebral Flatulence. I get a bad case of it from time to time.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Cerebral Flatulence. I get a bad case of it from time to time.
    Don't make me look up words Elmer!
    David

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Still impressive though.
    Actually this is incorrect. The original has Reeves gripping the flange part of the plates, no pinch grip. The only question would be the handles on the plates but its still impressive as heck

fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fbcoach is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    WOW....very impressive. I like these StrongMan type lifts. Personally, I thought the 315lbs looked more impressive with your grip on the outside plates. It looked really freakishly strong. With your wingspan, can you grip the outside plates with the 455lbs? I ask, because that was something I could never do, due to my height and reach.

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Still impressive though.
    Here is a picture of Steve Reeves doing his deadlift. His thumbs are not pinching anything. GJ BTO!

*Official Misc Photography Crew *

“Pain is temporary. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?”
    ― Lance Armstrong

Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses. - Mark Rippetoe

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    impressive
    it looks like a trade off on ROM that almost balances out.
    while your having to go extremely wide on grip (the actual plates of course)
    you are not going down as far as grabbing the bar, so the ROM may not change that much from a standard dead.

pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pipios is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I did 455 tonight.

oh my god dude wow

Lewbagger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome, i need to try this.

Originally Posted by jmelanson View Post
    Here is a picture of Steve Reeves doing his deadlift. His thumbs are not pinching anything. GJ BTO!

Nice pic thanks for posting it. I'm going to see where I'm at with standard plates next time I deadlift ( I realize the equipment I used wasn't standard, but it's also only the second time I've tried it ).

SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SlothBane is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My bad on the pinch grip. Thumb-less looks hard as hell too. I'm sure you'll get it with the flanged plates too. Third time is a charm BTO.

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    impressive
    it looks like a trade off on ROM that almost balances out.
    while your having to go extremely wide on grip (the actual plates of course)
    you are not going down as far as grabbing the bar,
    No, I'm lower than grabbing a bar. yeah the plates are higher up, but they're wide enough that my upper body is lower off the floor, AND since the bar is closer to my head with the revees deadlift, I also lift the weight higher, i.e. the whole ROM is more, and that's exactly why I think it'll help my standard dead.

JahidRifat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    congratz

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Second time trying the lift and equal the record!!!Holy crap, what will you be doing after a year!! Well done!!

otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice. Very nice. Wow.
    Do I even lift?

Originally Posted by mrmrbill View Post
    BTO, do you notice any difference in terms of muscles that get hit w/ Reeve's vs. Conventional DLs --- do your lats seem to get activated more from the Reeves?
    Well, my philosophy is to not care about hitting individual muscles, so I can't really address your question. BUT I like the movement, it offers more range of motion than a standard deadlift, and it doesn't seem to tax my hips in a negative way like a standard deadlift does sometimes.

David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Awesome BTO!

I gotta try these sometime.