Page 246 of 330 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,380 of 9897
    megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    I don't want to drop cardio just because of the Army. I am a lousy, slow runner and really need to work at it to keep my run time in a good passing score.

This is where you all may yell at me, and I should know better. I do know better. But I am following a meal plan from my trainer and haven't actually calculated out my macros for my new size and goals. Yes, feel free to yell at me. I suppose I should do that and figure out if there are any places to change up the current plan. Or just ways to make swaps and have more variety.
    Carbs have always been a weakness for me. For some people, they like ranch dressing on everything and that's how they gain weight. Or they mindlessly munch while watching TV. For me it's carbs. Any kind. bread, potatoes, cereal, pasta. If I could survive off of carbs I'd be a happy camper.
    I think our bodies/mind knows how yummy and how much energy carbs give us. I can just smell toast and my heart begins racing.

I found during my bulk that the more I ate, the more I felt hungry. Could've been the fact that I was allowing myself simple carbs/treats daily and maybe that was triggering some whacko blood sugar levels. I'll just have to practice restraint next time around.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cynthia_waz View Post
    I don't want to drop cardio just because of the Army. I am a lousy, slow runner and really need to work at it to keep my run time in a good passing score.

This is where you all may yell at me, and I should know better. I do know better. But I am following a meal plan from my trainer and haven't actually calculated out my macros for my new size and goals. Yes, feel free to yell at me. I suppose I should do that and figure out if there are any places to change up the current plan. Or just ways to make swaps and have more variety.
    Carbs have always been a weakness for me. For some people, they like ranch dressing on everything and that's how they gain weight. Or they mindlessly munch while watching TV. For me it's carbs. Any kind. bread, potatoes, cereal, pasta. If I could survive off of carbs I'd be a happy camper.
    Do a sanity check. See where you're at. Part of carb craving can come from too few fats.

Now's the time to learn how to self moderate intake without having to do more than an occasional sanity check. A spaghetti feast once a week might work if you're careful the rest of the week. But it leaves little room for other splurges. It'd be better as a once a month thing. Or even better, have it more often but use it as a side dish and exercise portion control.

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I think our bodies/mind knows how yummy and how much energy carbs give us. I can just smell toast and my heart begins racing.

I found during my bulk that the more I ate, the more I felt hungry. Could've been the fact that I was allowing myself simple carbs/treats daily and maybe that was triggering some whacko blood sugar levels. I'll just have to practice restraint next time around.
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Do a sanity check. See where you're at. Part of carb craving can come from too few fats.

Now's the time to learn how to self moderate intake without having to do more than an occasional sanity check. A spaghetti feast once a week might work if you're careful the rest of the week. But it leaves little room for other splurges. It'd be better as a once a month thing. Or even better, have it more often but use it as a side dish and exercise portion control.
    I am so glad that this thread is here. Thanks ladies. I am going to recalculate my macros and see where some things can maybe change. And to keep an eye on myself without feeling so restricted like I'm still on a cut.
    Part of me wonders if its still trying to keep control over it that's making me want to eat every carb insight. Just that urge to lash out maybe. I'll explore all possibilities.
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50) Worcestershire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went to the gym today just to break a sweat (only cardio/stretching), and when I got there I realized I forgot my sports bra. Said screw it, and ran anyway...and it didn't matter a bit. I was kind of hoping bulking would help in the boobage area, but no such luck. Guess it's just not in my genes. Still, it'd be nice to actually fill out a 32A that isn't from the juniors' section.

Well, on the plus side, being sportsbra-less isn't debilitating!
    46kg snatch | 62kg c&j
    205lb bsqt | 171lb fsqt

What is bench.

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok I need some advice from the bulking experts.

Bulking has been hard mentally particularly because part of you get excited about muscle and strength gains, another part thinks you look exactly the same and another part thinks I'm getting fat which is much worse when your clothes gets too tight . However despite the clothes issue I can tell I have gained quite a bit of muscle as I look different compared to when I was 162lbs before.

Ok so for the advice bit. At first I noticed I was gaining weight too fast and you guys told me on here it was water gain and natural when one has been eating at a deficit for over a year. So in 2 months I gained 8lbs. Now in the last few weeks I notice that 1 week I lost weight then period came and I gained weight then now I lost weight and 1lb smaller than I was before the weight gain. I have been so far aiming to eat 2400 calories but sometimes I get carried away and have sometimes eatten 3000 calories.

So my question is when do you know it's time to up the calories? I'm reluctant to up it as I have gained 8lbs in 2 months and my weight gain and loss have not been consistent so is difficult to judge how much I should be eatting.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chrisateen View Post
    Ok I need some advice from the bulking experts.

Bulking has been hard mentally particularly because part of you get excited about muscle and strength gains, another part thinks you look exactly the same and another part thinks I'm getting fat which is much worse when your clothes gets too tight . However despite the clothes issue I can tell I have gained quite a bit of muscle as I look different compared to when I was 162lbs before.

Ok so for the advice bit. At first I noticed I was gaining weight too fast and you guys told me on here it was water gain and natural when one has been eating at a deficit for over a year. So in 2 months I gained 8lbs. Now in the last few weeks I notice that 1 week I lost weight then period came and I gained weight then now I lost weight and 1lb smaller than I was before the weight gain. I have been so far aiming to eat 2400 calories but sometimes I get carried away and have sometimes eatten 3000 calories.

So my question is when do you know it's time to up the calories? I'm reluctant to up it as I have gained 8lbs in 2 months and my weight gain and loss have not been consistent so is difficult to judge how much I should be eatting.
    You look at the trend over several weeks. Use post period time to minimize hormonal effects. Then, if you're not averaging a 1/2 pound gain a week then it's time to up the calories. Initially one can gain a bunch of weight filling all your glycogen stores and adjusting to more carbs. By the 3rd month it should settle down. Even then, gains may not be linear. You may gain nothing for a week or two then boom, up a pound.

chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisateen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You look at the trend over several weeks. Use post period time to minimize hormonal effects. Then, if you're not averaging a 1/2 pound gain a week then it's time to up the calories. Initially one can gain a bunch of weight filling all your glycogen stores and adjusting to more carbs. By the 3rd month it should settle down. Even then, gains may not be linear. You may gain nothing for a week or two then boom, up a pound.
    Thanks for the advice I think I'll continue doing what I'm currently doing up until the beginning of January and see what happens. Just be nice if my body is consistent so I can figure out my calories

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agreed...it wasn't until month 3 or 4 that my gains stagnated...and actually trended downward the 5th month...at 2500 calories. That's where bulking for 6+ months becomes a good idea..because you think you are actually gaining those first 2 to 3 months when in actuality those gains are mostly water and glycogen, especially if we are scared to jump into eating higher calories as most women are.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...

Agreed...it wasn't until month 3 or 4 that my gains stagnated...and actually trended downward the 5th month...at 2500 calories. That's where bulking for 6+ months becomes a good idea..because you think you are actually gaining those first 2 to 3 months when in actuality those gains are mostly water and glycogen, especially if we are scared to jump into eating higher calories as most women are.
    How long when your gains stopped did you wait before increasing calories

How long when your gains stopped did you wait before increasing calories
    I ran out of time. I had to go back to maintenance and drop about 15 pounds before I start my cut in January. It was about a month until I realized I was maintaining at 2500. Had I had enough time I would've increased right then.

I ran out of time. I had to go back to maintenance and drop about 15 pounds before I start my cut in January. It was about a month until I realized I was maintaining at 2500. Had I had enough time I would've increased right then.
    OMG you dropped 15lbs just by going back to maintenance????!!!!!

Hopefully the same thing would happen to me and then I don't have to cut much at all

OMG you dropped 15lbs just by going back to maintenance????!!!!!

Hopefully the same thing would happen to me and then I don't have to cut much at all
    I was supposed to be on a cutting diet but with all the holiday parties and Thanksgiving and all...I've averaged around 2000 calories a day....goes to show just how much of it really is only water. I dropped calories to 1400 for 4 straight days this week and dropped 4 pounds....crazy azz water...it's ridiculous!

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Should I eat the same amount if I'm moving like a hermit on non w.o days (esp. weekend)? Stupid question lol but I just wanna minimize fat as much as I can
    try and try until you die

current >>>>goal
    S: 165>>>>185
    B: 95>>>>135 (lol)
    D: 235>>>315

Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    Should I eat the same amount if I'm moving like a hermit on non w.o days (esp. weekend)? Stupid question lol but I just wanna minimize fat as much as I can
    Yes. You need the nutrients for recovery.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok thanks I knew I was being stupid when I asked it, maybe it's just that I'm too full and a little tired of forcing myself to eat and I wanted an excuse to not eat. lol. This tends to be the case when I'm not working out or at home and not busy with school,etc.

current >>>>goal

ok thanks I knew I was being stupid when I asked it, maybe it's just that I'm too full and a little tired of forcing myself to eat and I wanted an excuse to not eat. lol. This tends to be the case when I'm not working out or at home and not busy with school,etc.
    You can make adjustments based on how you feel. Meaning what your body requires. You don't want to cut back as a means of minimizing fat gains. Your overall weekly intake should be stable. How much you eat each day can be adjusted based on your body's needs. Some days it may need more (leg day and the day after). Some days less.

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can make adjustments based on how you feel. Meaning what your body requires. You don't want to cut back as a means of minimizing fat gains. Your overall weekly intake should be stable. How much you eat each day can be adjusted based on your body's needs. Some days it may need more (leg day and the day after). Some days less.
    Just throwing it out there, but have you tried carb cycling then that way you have a little more on the big muscle days and less on your off days or small muscle group days? Might make you feel better if you have a hard time fitting in all your nutrition on off days.

On a different note, I am super-uber excited about moving to a plant based protein....can't wait for it to get here.
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but have you tried carb cycling then that way you have a little more on the big muscle days and less on your off days or small muscle group days? Might make you feel better if you have a hard time fitting in all your nutrition on off days.

On a different note, I am super-uber excited about moving to a plant based protein....can't wait for it to get here.
    No I haven't. My diet is really simple, I just try to hit protein (~90-100g) fats (~50g) and fill the rest with whatever. Right now I'm on a cookie phase so most of the remaining cals are carbs. It's ok.

I'm on week 4 now at 122.2 lbs.. The first week (Nov. 18) I jumped 2lbs then remained there for 3 weeks. So that's an average of 0.5 lbs/week. I think I'm maintaining and that it's time to up the cals but the rate I am gaining at seems great. I know that gains aren't linear either..

current >>>>goal

Originally Posted by sglgirl View Post

I don't force carb cycling ever. If my body asks for more I give it more. Off days after legs, back, and chest are often days when it does need more.

sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sglgirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't force carb cycling ever. If my body asks for more I give it more. Off days after legs, back, and chest are often days when it does need more.
    I stay on a consistant diet myself and eat more if required (and times when not required). The last few weeks of my prep I will deplete and add when needed and deplete and add, etc..well that is my plan, we will see what the dietician give me...lol
    No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying - Tony Robbins

Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gladitat0r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    now @ 76kg @ 12%

to what weight/ percentage shall i bulk to?

shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gladitat0r View Post
    now @ 76kg @ 12%

This is the female section. Anyway, people usually bulk for 4-6 months up to a year. Then it depends on your gaining rate, how much fat you pack on etc.

Originally Posted by Gladitat0r View Post
    now @ 76kg @ 12%

Depends on your goals. I'd keep going for a few more months. The longer the better.

Femmefit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking On the bulking wagon

Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while and I'm new to the bulking scene. I must commend all you ladies for such inspiration and knowledge. Freebird, Stephanielynn, Gobbles, Birdifieu (spelling!!) thepowerwithin n everyone else. Ive been reading all along your progress to date.. Ive just finished reading the thread!! Bulking porn LOL.

I've gained 8-9 lbs so far from about mid September since I properly started a bulk. So I suppose about just less tan a pound per week. I want to Curb this gain a bit to half pound per week. I'm on 2200 cals at the moment so might adjust slightly and see how I go I've been lifting on and off but not in a structured manner. I'm lifting as heavy as I can but not as much as you guys!!! The programme im on is HST. I've cut out all cardio to maximise muscle gains. I just hope I will have something to show for it at the end other than fat!! I'm alreading spilling out over my jeans

Just wanted to say hello and happy bulking.
    Lifting is like life. What you put in, you get back. Don't expect it to be a smooth ride. If you don't learn lessons along the way, you're doing something wrong!! Me ;)

hutina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm planning on starting my first bulk - at 5'5 and 109lbs, I've always been very skinny but skinny fat. I've cut back some fat on my stomach now and abs are starting to show, but I don't know how much thinner I'd want to get - my waist is already 24 inches (without any seriously strict cardio or dieting) and I'm starting to look too skinny because of my lack of ass. My question is that I understand you're supposed to go up 0.5lbs/week, but how do you know if it's muscle gain or water weight? Also, I'm not looking for too much ab muscle - just definition (think, the lines), but I don't do a lot of intense ab work anyways, and it's all bodyweight exercises - it should be enough gains for that definition when I cut again, if I'm thinking about it the right way?

shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10) shirun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by hutina View Post
    I'm planning on starting my first bulk - at 5'5 and 109lbs, I've always been very skinny but skinny fat. I've cut back some fat on my stomach now and abs are starting to show, but I don't know how much thinner I'd want to get - my waist is already 24 inches (without any seriously strict cardio or dieting) and I'm starting to look too skinny because of my lack of ass. My question is that I understand you're supposed to go up 0.5lbs/week, but how do you know if it's muscle gain or water weight? Also, I'm not looking for too much ab muscle - just definition (think, the lines), but I don't do a lot of intense ab work anyways, and it's all bodyweight exercises - it should be enough gains for that definition when I cut again, if I'm thinking about it the right way?
    I cut back on carbs and milk derivates for a couple of days once every two weeks to check on my water level. If I don't look too puffy I keep on eating the same way, otherwise I lower my carb intake a bit. It's worked pretty well so far.

I want to eat the WHOLE jar of natty PB....nom nom nom nom.....jussayin', it has been one of those days of struggling with everything

Originally Posted by Femmefit View Post
    Hi everyone, I've been lurking here for a while and I'm new to the bulking scene. I must commend all you ladies for such inspiration and knowledge. Freebird, Stephanielynn, Gobbles, Birdifieu (spelling!!) thepowerwithin n everyone else. Ive been reading all along your progress to date.. Ive just finished reading the thread!! Bulking porn LOL.

I've gained 8-9 lbs so far from about mid September since I properly started a bulk. So I suppose about just less tan a pound per week. I want to Curb this gain a bit to half pound per week. I'm on 2200 cals at the moment so might adjust slightly and see how I go I've been lifting on and off but not in a structured manner. I'm lifting as heavy as I can but not as much as you guys!!! The programme im on is HST. I've cut out all cardio to maximise muscle gains. I just hope I will have something to show for it at the end other than fat!! I'm alreading spilling out over my jeans

Just wanted to say hello and happy bulking.
    Welcome!

Originally Posted by hutina View Post
    You don't know. It could be one percentage one month and another the next month (muscle versus fat/water).

You get a good ab workout doing exercises like squats and deads. I rarely did direct ab work for years. I've recently started doing a few sets of hanging leg raises and cable crunches for more thickness. You should see good results skipping abs entirely. Rhis is one of those areas you can build later should you want to. Leaning out always reveals something we want to work on.

Femmefit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the welcome Freebird.

Maybe someone could give me some advise? I currently lift three times a week doing full body. I'm relatively new to lifting as heavy as I can. My legs have always been my nemesis. I'm doing HST as I mentioned before but Don't feel like my legs are (mainly quads) feeling like their working hard. I certainly feel it in my upper body and my glutes and hammies. I'm not sure if I should do quads two days and up the volume and do hammies n glutes on the other day and keep the rest of the routine the same? I've just finished one cycle now.

My routine is:
    Squat
    SL dead lift
    Leg press
    Calves

Single arm db rows
    Ez bar row
    Lat pull down

Ez bar shoulder press
    Ez bar upright row

Db Bench press

Db curl
    Tri push down

I've done three day body spilt before and did feel it more but for a noob I've read it's better to do full body for more gains?

SGLGIRL

There's days I want to eat everything in sight!!! Today, not so much. I'm forcing myself with everything. Just one of those days it all balances out.
    Lifting is like life. What you put in, you get back. Don't expect it to be a smooth ride. If you don't learn lessons along the way, you're doing something wrong!! Me ;)

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So my body has decided we are back on the bulking wagon. I'm gonna post up my pics thus far sometime this week. Seriously amazed at my own progress, and looking back at myself 17lbs lighter I look so weak and pathetic. Planning to basically let my hunger guide me through this next bulk, as in make sure I don't really get hungry at any point but without stuffing myself silly, which I know is enough for me to gain slowly. Sticking with 4 day split and using the 30 reps over 7 sets rule to know when to increase.

Any good suggestions for alternatives to deadlifts? My grip is super weak bc of hypermobility in my wrists and fingers so I physically can't deadlift anywhere near as much as I squat. Probably a contributing factor to why I have a relatively weak back.

Also...cracked out 40 unassisted dips yesterday! Pre-bulk, I couldn't even hold myself in the start position.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

Page 246 of 330 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 244 245 246 247 248 256 296 ... LastLast