The_Freeze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I know push ups can't get you ripped, but can they get you looking a bit bigger?

I recently got into college, living in the dorms and all, and well I want to get some more muscle mass. Right now I think I got twig arms, well maybe not twigs, but close. I don't really have access to gym equipment, or access to any decent protein/diet supplements. Plus the food here is crap so I'm not really getting a decent diet, but I'm not really getting fat either. I really don't know how athletes do it here.

But anyways back to what my question is: Can I get moderately buff, maybe at least being able to notice some decent results by just doing push ups?

I have loads of heavy textbooks and a backpack so I guess I can use that for weighted push ups. I also went online and found so many different variations of push ups. I was looking into creatine, but the amount of water that you have to consume during the day must be tiring. Not to mention how often you must go to the bathroom.

Thanks for your answers guys!!!
    -The Freeze

Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ajax1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't have a gym at your college?????????

Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The_Freeze View Post
    I recently got into college, living in the dorms and all, and well I want to get some more muscle mass. Right now I think I got twig arms, well maybe not twigs, but close. I don't really have access to gym equipment, or access to any decent protein/diet supplements. Plus the food here is crap so I'm not really getting a decent diet, but I'm not really getting fat either. I really don't know how athletes do it here.

But anyways back to what my question is: Can I get moderately buff, maybe at least being able to notice some decent results by just doing push ups?

I have loads of heavy textbooks and a backpack so I guess I can use that for weighted push ups. I also went online and found so many different variations of push ups. I was looking into creatine, but the amount of water that you have to consume during the day must be tiring. Not to mention how often you must go to the bathroom.

Thanks for your answers guys!!!
    -The Freeze
    what college has dorms and not a gym?

Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50) Smartpart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your college doesn't have a gym? I just moved into my dorm like two weeks ago and at first i was skeptical of the food, but you just have to find what to eat. I like it because I can eat all I want FOR FREE! ....well you know what I mean.

hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sphinx push ups are the only style i find to condition strength. But I'm in the army, so i see a lot of people who do a lot of push ups, most have an undesirable slim body type, but some people I've seen blow up from them, I don't care about the science behind it, this is evidence, find a gym, most people are not successful in developing strength from push ups. They're a good mix for endurance building though.
    Forward observer mountain infantry U.S. Army

Ok... thanks for the answers guys.... just to clarify, there is a gym but its tiny as hell. We have 2 campuses, one with the dorms and one without it. The one without the dorms has the gym, but again its tiny as hell. Our college isn't very big on sports except for soccer. The other campus is about a 30-40 min shuttle ride. Most of the equipment is just legwork, but I already run daily, and am not so big on trying to buff up my legs. I'm going more for upper body.

Originally Posted by hooah123 View Post
    sphinx push ups are the only style i find to condition strength. But I'm in the army, so i see a lot of people who do a lot of push ups, most have an undesirable slim body type, but some people I've seen blow up from them, I don't care about the science behind it, this is evidence, find a gym, most people are not successful in developing strength from push ups. They're a good mix for endurance building though.
    I just tried those sphinx push ups, and damn those are crazy! thanks for the info, first time Ive ever actually seen them. I'm not looking to become super buff, but just to the point where it looks like I work out, where I can see some decent results.

hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hooah123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    buff up your legs too man it will help overall, your at a small college that doesn't put emphasis on sports? what more motivation do you need to get ripped man, you'll be the biggest grab on campus for the ladies. It seems like your reasons are more concerning of vanity, if i went to college thats what I'd be thinking.
    Forward observer mountain infantry U.S. Army

BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeyondThePain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    look at food in terms of carbs/protein/fat. There might be some science to eating "healthy", but all foods are broken down the same way.
    Progress:
    Deadlift: 150 --> 275 3x6
    Squat: 135 --> 225 3x5
    Bench: 95 --> 145 3x5
    - Incline: 80 --> 125 4x5
    BB row: 85--> 140 5x5
    OH Press: 65 --> 105 5x5

Get up. Get real. Get milk. Get big. Get God.