AlfredoEsp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up A 60 day program to get ripped.

First of all, hello everyone, thank you for recieving me in this wonderfull comunity. :P
    My name is Alfredo im 20 years old (21 in january). I work about 9 hours daily, 10 and a halft if we count the travel from home-job and viceversa. So i spend a lot of time out of home, i get to home about 9 PM and i go to sleep ar around 8:00 to 8:30 everyday.... so i just had a few hours to spend on whatever i want.

But the main problem is when i get to home im already too tired to exercise. My job is at an office so im not really in activity. What im looking forward is to a 60 day program to get in shape.

Im currently 1.80 Mts (dont know how many feet are they), im around 220 pounds (which is a lot, i really dont look THAT fat since im a tall guy). And my goal is to lose that extra fat i currently have and if possible get in shape. Im not looking to develop a six pack abs... or the most ripped biceps. Im looking forward to get in shape, get a better look, feel better with myself, to feel with more energy for everyday.

My plan is the following.
    I have seen the Insanity Fast and Furious... yeah the 22 minutes workout, i find it exciting, challenging, funny.... why did i picked up Insanity, because i really dotn have enough time and energy to spend 1 hour at the gym (i found the gym boring). I would really like to get the best out of Insanity and i need advices about what suplements and diets do i have to follow in order to complement my workout. I want to get ripped and look good, feel better. I want to do that in 60 days.

These are my options.
    Animal Cuts: I have read a lot about it and is probably a good option.
    Animal Pak: I have read about it, it has many good reviews and is probably somethign i will buy.

I dont know what other suplements are good enough to keep me with energy and help me to burn fat and gain muscle. What protein should i use.

Please take in note that in my location there are not available every product that comes to your mind, just a few of them. Still want to hear your opinions on how to start this.
    I want my start date to be November 1st. And i want to do this right so i can finally archieve this goal.

PS: Tell me how to daily motivate myself to workout even if im tired, i really want to do this but never find the motivation to do it.

Originally Posted by jon1995 View Post
    IMO get into the gym and lift heavy ive had better results in the gym then p90x + insanity.
    Going out of home when im tired is really hard for me. And going alone to the gym can be quite boring and depressing. I know i can meet new people at the gym but still rather do workout at home. I have already set up and area to workout.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're gonna burn ~500 calories each time doing insanity fast and furious. It's a nice workout, and you might grow if you suck at pushups, but basically your plan sucks.

I hear---I am using these supplements, and doing 20 intense minutes of cardio/calisthenics for my workout. I am less than six feet tall and weight 220 pounds.

Yet, I hear nothing about diet.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    You're gonna burn ~500 calories each time doing insanity fast and furious. It's a nice workout, and you might grow if you suck at pushups, but basically your plan sucks.

I hear---I am using these supplements, and doing 20 intense minutes of cardio/calisthenics for my workout. I am less than six feet tall and weight 220 pounds.

Yet, I hear nothing about diet.
    Ok then what do you guys recommend.... i want a home workout, that is easy but will help me burn a lot of calories.

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AlfredoEsp View Post
    Ok then what do you guys recommend.... i want a home workout, that is easy but will help me burn a lot of calories.

First things first. You are fat because you eat too much, you have to figure out your diet. You should be more concerned with not eating calories rather than burning them. In two months, let's aim to lose 20 pounds. You're still gonna be fat, but you'll look a lot better. This is going to be achieved by diet, first and foremost.

Second---"easy but burns a lot of calories" those two things don't mix. If something is easy, you're not gonna get a lot out of it. I would tell you to do the Insanity program proper, but you're probably too out of shape. In fact, I'm sure that you are, given the questions that you are asking.

Your best bet is to read the stickies here and in the nutrition forum.
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE

jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5' 7" 250 is real bad shape. I'd say just work on walking as much as you can in a day and eating properly. Once you can walk for an hour without breaking too much of a sweat and getting sore and have your diet under control you'll probably have already lost 20-30. Move on from there.

Originally Posted by jhxetc View Post
    5' 7" 250 is real bad shape. I'd say just work on walking as much as you can in a day and eating properly. Once you can walk for an hour without breaking too much of a sweat and getting sore and have your diet under control you'll probably have already lost 20-30. Move on from there.
    Its 220 not 250. I dont mind myself pushing hard since the begining... i used ot be in a military highschool and i was used to excercisa a lot. But ok i will read the stickies and design a better plan to get in shape.

nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000) nhclone is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you wnt a general plan that will work do the following:

Month 1 (first 30 days):
    Eat 2000 calories per day, try and get a good amount of protein in, although at your weight, it's not a huge concern since you have a significant amount of BF to lose.
    Do the insanity program you have and stick to it. Follow the schedule as its outlined in the plan.
    Weigh in every Friday morning and let us know how you're doing (if you don't have a scale, don't worry about this part)

Day 31: Today you get a reward day. Eat anything you want up to 4000 calories for the day.

Month 2(final 29 days):
    Eat 1800 calories every day. After eating 2000 for a month, you'll probably have lost about 10 pounds. Now that you're more comfortable with your diet, aim for getting in 130g of protein or more daily.
    Keep up the Insanity program. However, if you're starting to get bored, take the option of doing 300 push-ups instead of insanity 1 day each week. You can also take one other day during the week and walk 1 mile.

Do the above and I'd guess without knowing your maintenance that you'll lose around 20 pounds or so. You won't look ripped yet, but you'll have a very good start to getting there.

Originally Posted by nhclone View Post
    If you wnt a general plan that will work do the following:

Month 1 (first 30 days):
    Eat 2000 calories per day, try and get a good amount of protein in, although at your weight, it's not a huge concern since you have a significant amount of BF to lose.
    Do the insanity program you have and stick to it. Follow the schedule as its outlined in the plan.
    Weigh in every Friday morning and let us know how you're doing (if you don't have a scale, don't worry about this part)

Day 31: Today you get a reward day. Eat anything you want up to 4000 calories for the day.

Month 2(final 29 days):
    Eat 1800 calories every day. After eating 2000 for a month, you'll probably have lost about 10 pounds. Now that you're more comfortable with your diet, aim for getting in 130g of protein or more daily.
    Keep up the Insanity program. However, if you're starting to get bored, take the option of doing 300 push-ups instead of insanity 1 day each week. You can also take one other day during the week and walk 1 mile.

Do the above and I'd guess without knowing your maintenance that you'll lose around 20 pounds or so. You won't look ripped yet, but you'll have a very good start to getting there.
    This is a good plan, but I wonder if insanity is too much starting from scratch.
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE

hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hopefulll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    This is a good plan, but I wonder if insanity is too much starting from scratch.
    This would be my concern. It is definitely possible to jump right in if your mental game is there but that is one of the harder things to master as a novice bodybuilder. Honestly I would do at least a 10 day conditioning to work up to insanity otherwise you might get discouraged that you can't do it and lose motivation. But hey do what you think you can.
    A limited man can rationalize his every weakness, turn away from every challenge, live his life within the narrow confines of comfort; that's not how I live my life.

mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mod4sale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Insanity indeed... but seriously i can't picture someone who wants to start working out stick to insanity. What you need to do brother is find your motivation and set up a clean diet as a new healthy lifestyle. Do this for a week at least and move on to training from there...take baby steps because most people try this stuff end up backing out because the lack of motivation/discipline.. [Main factor:Throwing to much at yourself at the same time] Supplement's should be the least of your worries if you don't have these basic things down.
    Aslo! no one can tell you how to motivate yourself. You have to question yourself why do you want to lose weight or get in shape because obviously everyone wants to lose weight but you need to find that spark to light your match to wake up every morning and tell yourself everyday i am going to be the best i can be and overcome all obstacles that come at my way.