morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) morganbon14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it possible to lose 5% body fat in 2 weeks?

I measured my body fat about 3 weeks ago before i started a strict weightlifting routine. I measured in at 20.66% bf which I thought was pretty realistic. My goal was to reach 15% before august.. I measured again today thinking i was around 19 or so and it came up with 15.89% is this possible or is it just a miss reading? I can definetly see a difference in the mirror just curious. I know that caliper readings arent that acurate anyhow but..oh well. what do you think?

TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's pretty unlikely but possible i spose, what did you use to measure both times?
    "No one ever accomplished anything by sitting passively and waiting for success to come to them. The greatest rewards come to those who have the courage to stand up, step forward, and take their swings at bat"

A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the dumb ones that need the word, but they won't listen

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No, not in 2 weeks.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

dancerchick2756 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how did you lower your body fat?
    im trying to lower mine to about 15% too but gain weight in the process

cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50) cassiegose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep in mind that *most* methods for measuring bodyfat aren't all that accurate and can very by atleast + or - 5% or so. When I first started my last cut year I had one person measure it and it came in at 19%. About a month later (after losing a good 5-6 lbs) I had another person measure it and it came back at 22%. I was still lifting the same amount of weight so was pretty sure that I had lost mostly fat, yet my body fat % went up? A few months later I had it measured and it came back at 16% then a few weeks later had it measured again and it came back at 17.5% even though i'd lost 3 lbs since the last measurement and again I was still lifting the same amount of weight. Bottom line... the figure can very greatly depending on method used, person measuring, hydration levels...
    If it's to be it's up to me....

"There is no such thing as a small miracle. A gym is a place of miracles. People do things they once thought impossible--lifting heavier, squeezing out one more rep, finding discipline and willpower they didn't know they had. They're amazed at how good they feel and look, and they carry their new power into the world. This is the miracle I wanted to give to the world." - Joe Wieder

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cassiegose View Post
    Keep in mind that *most* methods for measuring bodyfat aren't all that accurate and can very by atleast + or - 5% or so. When I first started my last cut year I had one person measure it and it came in at 19%. About a month later (after losing a good 5-6 lbs) I had another person measure it and it came back at 22%. I was still lifting the same amount of weight so was pretty sure that I had lost mostly fat, yet my body fat % went up? A few months later I had it measured and it came back at 16% then a few weeks later had it measured again and it came back at 17.5% even though i'd lost 3 lbs since the last measurement and again I was still lifting the same amount of weight. Bottom line... the figure can very greatly depending on method used, person measuring, hydration levels...
    I agree..had mine measured last night (scales and very inaccurate) by my PT and I cam in at 20%, who knows.
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10) betty5952 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say not possible for the most part. That is irritating to either way. Progress pics are the most reliable way I have found yet to see progress. I would say the mirror but gradual progress is harder to see on myself IMO and pictures force you to see the difference when you can put it side by side.
    I love Anthony Scott

SundaysChild has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by betty5952 View Post
    ...Progress pics are the most reliable way I have found yet to see progress. I would say the mirror but gradual progress is harder to see on myself IMO and pictures force you to see the difference when you can put it side by side.
    Agree.

I use an electronic scale to measure my bf, just to get a ball park figure of my weekly progress. You should always stick with the same method otherwise any discrepancy will just frustrate you unnecessarily. You're better served by taking weekly pics.

Don't focus too much on the readings you're getting, unless you get you bf done via Hydrostatic weighing or Dexa scan, the results will rarely be accurate. If like me the main reason you want to get your bf low is so you can see a 6 pack, then just keep training your whole body with heavy weights and keep your diet REAL clean. Once the 6pack appears then you'll know you're in lower teens bf% territory.
    'The moon could not go on shining if it paid attention to the little dogs that bark at it'