Ado1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help on better form?

Hi Guys

After a recent stint of being away from the gym after moving out of home and having no time to lift I've started hitting the gym after I lost about 17lbs of muscle and went back to that "skinny guy" I guess I got sick and tired of everyone calling me skinny again and saying "where did all your muscle go". Recently my form has been pretty sucky, I've only been to the Gym for about a week now and I'm noticing a better pump and after workout soreness in my right arm then my left. I didn't have any issues with this before? Anyone got some tips on how I can better concentrate on both arms and get an even pump and soreness? Last thing I want to be is a lopsided, currently and always my right arm has always been a little bit bigger. Besides concentrating on my form! anyone got any small mind tricks I can tell myself to get my left arm into gear.

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just focus on putting on mass. Your going to waste your time. Jay Cutler has some unbalances. Listen if he can't fix it, I'm sure he's tried everything in the book to, what makes you think you can, seriously? It you want to be completely even just stop working out your right bicep and only work the left. You will have to try not to make gains, don't do that. Just get big, do compounds and shut your "friends" up.
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ado1989 View Post
    Hi Guys

After a recent stint of being away from the gym after moving out of home and having no time to lift I've started hitting the gym after I lost about 17lbs of muscle and went back to that "skinny guy" I guess I got sick and tired of everyone calling me skinny again and saying "where did all your muscle go". Recently my form has been pretty sucky, I've only been to the Gym for about a week now and I'm noticing a better pump and after workout soreness in my right arm then my left. I didn't have any issues with this before? Anyone got some tips on how I can better concentrate on both arms and get an even pump and soreness? Last thing I want to be is a lopsided, currently and always my right arm has always been a little bit bigger. Besides concentrating on my form! anyone got any small mind tricks I can tell myself to get my left arm into gear.
    Muscle Imbalances are common for beginners and even some intermediate lifters. That said, keep working with a good form and it will fix as the time goes by. If you are using a bar make sure the bar isn't dipping on one side. If you are working with DBs make they go up and down together with the same speed/rate, and never do extra reps with the stronger hand. That means stop when the first hand gives up.

Originally Posted by magic15 View Post
    Just focus on putting on mass. Your going to waste your time. Jay Cutler has some unbalances. Listen if he can't fix it, I'm sure he's tried everything in the book to, what makes you think you can, seriously? It you want to be completely even just stop working out your right bicep and only work the left. You will have to try not to make gains, don't do that. Just get big, do compounds and shut your "friends" up.
    Thanks mate

I do roughly 12 sets per body part 4 consistanting of warm ups, 4 compound and 4 isolation. Should I be cutting the isolation out completely? My plan is to swap that order and excersies around each week to keep my body guessing.

Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hengman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, my left forearm is slightly a tad bit bigger than my right forearm, and I jack off with my right hand...

Hope that motivates you.

Originally Posted by Hengman View Post
    OP, my left forearm is slightly a tad bit bigger than my right forearm, and I jack off with my right hand...

Hope that motivates you.
    Haha, I'm honestly fine with tiny imbalances... I'm not that OCD. I think the main point I was trying to make is my right bicep always has an extended pump. Even sitting here at home now after the gym my right bicep still has a pump and the left zilch! (TRAPS/TRICEP/SHOULDERS)

I'm honestly putting in down to form, everything was free weight except assisted dips,smith shrug and tricep pushdown unless genetics has just given me a weird bicep!

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if your just deadset on trying to work out this imbalance (which I still think is a waste of time) you can check out this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCkD_yyBWUQ
    East Coast Mecca
    http://bevfrancis.com/

Thanks, but I think you're missing the point. I don't really care about imbalance.... I do care about why my right arm is getting a better and longer pump then my left. Even with dumbell movements... My right arm is the stronger side, regardless of reps when I fail it feels like my right has worked harder and has a better pump even after both arms have performed the exactly same movements and reps.

Bump and a small update.

Just got back from the gym, nothing but free weights pretty much with the exact same movements and weight. After every set I felt a decent pump equally in both arms but after leaving the gym my left arms pump simply just left and its still hanging around in my right arm. My left arm feels like it could do it all again but my right feels like its been hit with a mac truck???