vivek123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vivek123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Merits and Demerits of Weight TRaining 6X per week

Hi Friends,

Call it sage or not but I've been doing weight training 6X per day. The day I dont go to gym, I feel feeble and lost. I started going to gym, after a long gap, little more than 3 months ago and got good results. My aim was to attain weight and fat loss which so far I've been able to manage do. I want to ask that is it right to do weight training 6X per week. Now here my workout plan might be important to consider so am explaining that ::

Monday ::
    Chest + Abs
    Tuesday ::
    Biceps+Triceps
    Wednesday::
    Shoulders+traps+forearms
    Thursday::
    Legs

Repeat with a break on sunday ... Please comment on my workout plan.

Should I continue with this plan or you would suggest me some other workout plan which spans for lesser number of days per week, please guide and comment.

vivek123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vivek123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vivek123 View Post
    Hi Friends,

Call it sage or not but I've been doing weight training 6X per day. The day I dont go to gym, I feel feeble and lost. I started going to gym, after a long gap, little more than 3 months ago and got good results. My aim was to attain weight and fat loss which so far I've been able to manage do. I want to ask that is it right to do weight training 6X per week. Now here my workout plan might be important to consider so am explaining that ::

Monday ::
    Chest + Abs
    Tuesday ::
    Biceps+Triceps
    Wednesday::
    Shoulders+traps+forearms
    Thursday::
    Legs

Repeat with a break on sunday ... Please comment on my workout plan.

Should I continue with this plan or you would suggest me some other workout plan which spans for lesser number of days per week, please guide and comment.
    Please Guide ...

ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had great success on Waterbury's Next Frontier of Bodybuilding, lifting 8x per week, but that was a full body workout, rather than a bodypart split. I don't see anything inherently wrong with that sort of frequency, provided you eat and sleep enough.

As the Barbarian brothers said, "there's no such thing as overtraining, just undereating and undersleeping."
    Life's too short to do bodypart splits.

NEW PR: 440 FRONT SQUAT!!!

Originally Posted by ShogunAssassin View Post
    I had great success on Waterbury's Next Frontier of Bodybuilding, lifting 8x per week, but that was a full body workout, rather than a bodypart split. I don't see anything inherently wrong with that sort of frequency, provided you eat and sleep enough.

As the Barbarian brothers said, "there's no such thing as overtraining, just undereating and undersleeping."
    yeah that is right but please tell that what benifit I might lose by training 6X per week? Most of the people including professionals recommend 3X or closer workouts per week. I wish to do split body workouts, please guide.
    Last edited by vivek123; 05-10-2007 at 03:59 AM.

ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One way would be to cut your volume in half, and do half in the morning, and half at night. You can also change your rep schemes, so in the morning you do 2x15, and 5x3 at night, etc. There's a variety of ways to do it. I suggest you check out www.t-nation.com and search the articles for chad waterbury's stuff.
    Life's too short to do bodypart splits.

NEW PR: 440 FRONT SQUAT!!!

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you really want to workout 6 times a week I think you need to restructure your grouping to eliminate the overlap. Personally I wouldn't give biceps and triceps their own day but to each his own. If anything I would do shoulders + arms as a day.

You have chest on Monday which works triceps when you do any kind of presses, then triceps on Tuesday, then shoulders on Wednesday which will work triceps again with any kind of overhead pressing. You're not leaving any time for recovery of similar muscle groups.

I also didn't see an back work. Was that an oversight or you don't do any?
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron