Thread: Push/Pull split

dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push/Pull split

I'm about to start another split and I'm thinking about the benefits of a push/pull routine.
    I never had a workout like that before.Like....chest/triceps/shoulders & back/biceps/forearms.
    In fact many years ago, my split was....back+triceps & chest+biceps. Because I had the idea that chest+triceps/back+biceps was "too much" for the bics & trics.

Does anyone has experience with those kind of split(push/pull) and could give me an advice please?

Thanx

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    This one is all lined-out for you:

*Tom Mutaffis 3-Way Split http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120309781
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Push pull legs has always been my favotire split. And I can do each routine again every 5 days which for me has been the perfect amount of rest.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    PTS Certified
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm a little tea pot.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been on push/pull 3 or 4 days a week for three years now. I love it. I do legs on push day. 3 days normally
    (M-W-F, push,pull,push following week pull,push,pull), or 4 days (M-push, Tu-pull, Th-push, Fri - pull) if I'm trying to drop some fat or training for a comp.

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    personally i've done a push (chest, quads, triceps) / pull (back, hamstrings, biceps) type of split all this year so far, and I almost feel like everything I did before this was a waste of time. Definitely have gotten much better results than ever before.

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dive4life View Post
    I'm about to start another split and I'm thinking about the benefits of a push/pull routine.
    I never had a workout like that before.Like....chest/triceps/shoulders & back/biceps/forearms.
    In fact many years ago, my split was....back+triceps & chest+biceps. Because I had the idea that chest+triceps/back+biceps was "too much" for the bics & trics.

Does anyone has experience with those kind of split(push/pull) and could give me an advice please?

Thanx
    That's primarily way I train. When its time to train the biceps on the pull day and the triceps on the push day I only need to do two exercises.
    The push/pull works for me because adding size to my arms has never been an issue.
    Last edited by JerryB; 08-24-2011 at 06:14 PM.

dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dive4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe I will try for 12weeks like.....Pull / Legs / Push and see the results.

tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe I will try for 12weeks like.....Pull / Legs / Push and see the results.
    I'm doing this after 12 weeks of the UHT program (google). After my first push day I am feeling a ridiculous pump! Hopefully get some more size on and up to 170 lbs before I start my cut!
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhh budaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Olympic Lifter.

86 kgs at Aug 13...
    61 kgs at May 14
    62 kgs at Sept 14

25 kgs of fat lost. Now time to GROW!

Actually is this routine good to increase muscles?

64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 64PUMP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is the routine I've followed for the last year...luv the results!!!
    "The tendency to slow down and develop an inferiority complex at the age of mental maturity, around the age of 40, falsely believing oneself to be slipping because of age," is one of the major fears that limit a man's potential.

Don't let this happen to you!!!

Napoleon Hill

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a push pull split is very flexible. Within the framework of a push pull you can hit each body part either 1, 1.5, or 2x per week. You can workout either 2,3,4 days per week

Under push/pull I include legs on pull day (obviously)

examples

M-pull
    Thur-push

M-push
    W-pull
    Fri-push
    M-pull
    W-push
    F-pull etc

or the one I usually do...

M-push
    Tu-pull
    Thu-push
    Fri-pull

And one of the best parts of this setup is that you have tons of flexibility in what you do on each day.

Here is what I am doing

M-chest/delts/triceps
    Tu-legs
    Thu-chest/delts/triceps
    Fri-back/more hams

really I am focusing on powerlifting so to make my split clearer, here is what I am doing

M-bench plus accesories
    Tu-squats "
    Th-bench "
    Fri-deads "

So I am hitting chest/delt/tri 2x per week and legs and back 1x per week with hams getting hit on both pull days

I choose to do the push muscles 2x per week but also within a push pull one can split up the push muscles....for instance:

M-chest
    Tu-legs
    Thu-delts/tri
    Fri-back/bi

Like I said, a very flexible setup since there is not much bleedover from day to day
    "Humility comes before honor"

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    This one is all lined-out for you:

*Tom Mutaffis 3-Way Split http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120309781
    Thanks Ironwill! I may give this one a whirl whenever I switch up.
    OP, Right now, I'm on my 7th week of a Push/Pull/Legs (Jim Stoppani, I got the routine off this site) and I LOVE it. I had done chest/tri; back/bi like you in the past, but this Push/Pull seems to be working really well for me, anyway.
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do a push/pull/leg split for the last 8 weeks. Love the results. I'm doing a 2 day on, 1 day off (cardio) thing right now with one day a rest a week (total of 4 days weights, 2 days cardio, 1 day rest). My split was loosley based on this work out plan called Kris Gethen 12 week massive muscle program: http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/m...building/intro

Basically this:
    PUSH:
    Warmup: Pushups: 2 sets of 15 reps
    Incline Barbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Cable Crossover: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Seated Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Rear Delt Flyes: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Tricep Dip: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Cable Rope Overhead Extension: 3 sets of 8-12 reps

PULLS:
    Warmup: Floor Bridge: 2 sets of 15 reps
    Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Wide-Grip Pulldown: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Straight-Arm Pulldown: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps

LEGS:
    Warmup: Freehand Jump Squat: 2 sets of 15 reps
    Dumbbell Squat: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Leg Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Leg Extension: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
    Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
    Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 12-15 reps

HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10) HeloRugger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by skarotum View Post
    Push pull legs has always been my favotire split. And I can do each routine again every 5 days which for me has been the perfect amount of rest.
    Yes! Don't forget the legs.
    The only easy day was yesterday. Navy SEALs

But to be more effective with mass gaining how many sets/reps should I do? 3 sets 'till fail?
    Another question is....if I'm going to do push...like.....chest//shoulders/trics.....When I get to the triceps they will be already tired, so I should avoid to do too many sets, right?

freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000) freewait is just really nice. (+1000)
    But to be more effective with mass gaining how many sets/reps should I do? 3 sets 'till fail?
    Another question is....if I'm going to do push...like.....chest//shoulders/trics.....When I get to the triceps they will be already tired, so I should avoid to do too many sets, right?
    There are those with more experience so I'm sure they'll chime in, but what has worked well for me when thinking about hypertrophy is lifting 80 to 90% of the 1RM (repetition maximum) around 8-12 reps, three sets on most exercises. (vs strength training being more in the 2-6 reps.) This should include stretching before and after, along with a good diet and rest. I include a warm-up set as well.

On my push days my triceps are not tired but warmed up by the time I get to that exercise. I also make notes in my journal which exercise I do in which sequence (first, second, ...); I will switch that up from time to time.

These are good reads about 'going to failure' http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sisco2.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Training_to_failure

oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10) oldspartan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like the 4 day split. gets my workouts done in about 45 mins.

Mon - Legs
    Tues - Push (pre-exhaust w/ pushups)
    Wed - off/cardio - abs
    Thurs - Pull (hit pushups again because they're fun)
    Fri - Shoulders,Biceps & Abs

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    There's no set answer to this question; everyone will respond a bit differently to different workloads/set/rep schemes, etc.

As a very general rule, large body parts (quads, hams, back, chest) can benefit from 3-4 sets of 3-4 exercises each. Everything else will see decent progress with 2-3 sets of 2-3 exercises.

As far as "failure" is concerned, there is no consensus on even how to define the term. My recommendation is that when your form begins to fail, end the set. Don't continue to struggle in an effort to squeeze out additional sloppy reps; they're of no benefit, and can leave you open to an injury.

As I posted above, 2-3 sets of a couple of exercises should be sufficient. Triceps at that point will have already been pretty thoroughly worked, and it's the overall workload on a muscle that promotes growth/strength increase.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just started a push pull workout about 3 weeks ago (was doing FBWO for a while). Monday is push and I'm still sore in my chest and tris and shoulders for 4 days afterwards. I wish I could feel as much on my pull day. But my biceps and back don't get as sore. I'm gonna try to hammer them a little more.

Along with cardio 4-5 days a week (30 mins of incline intervals on the treadmill) my push/pull is like this:

Mon - 3 compound exercises 2x8-10... one for chest, one for shoulders, one for tris. Then 3 more isolating exercises 2x8-10. I'll finish off with a couple sets of dips if I still have the energy.

Wed or Thurs - Same as above, but focus on back, bis and traps.

Friday abs/legs (if I'm not to sore still from my intervals). My lower back won't let me lift (squats/deads) heavy which stinks... but I like to try to get some of these in.

tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tnthudson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can find stickies on the forums and also search for "3 day splits", "exercise programs" or whatever right here on bb.com, but here is the 3-day split that I'm doing; Stoppani explains why the rep schemes are listed like they are and explains the program pretty well:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/begi...s-phase-3.html
    You may even want to follow the link on that page to the beginning phase of his entire program, it explains the benefits of upper/lower splits, 3-day splits, 4-day, etc.
    Hebrews 12: 1,2
    https://peacewithgod.net

Basic Nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeithTheSnake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Tonight, I started an every-other-day push/pull split with concentration on compound lifts. I was so excited about the effect of this training regimen many years ago, that I can hardly believe it slipped from my memory. I'm glad to be back on.

I'm coming off a three-day-per-week full body program. I'm gently increasing volume to take advantage of the extra recovery time. The full-body training can become tedious with too much volume, as there comes a point where the session gets too long.

I think this is the perfect time to return to this split, as I'm healthy with none of those nagging minor injuries that can hamper lifting.

In my enthusiasm for the new training program, I had to come to the forum to read the input of others about this split. It's gratifying to see that others have experienced success with this time-tested routine. This is one in which I have great confidence.

ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ioveme2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Semi-interested in this split.
    I just done 1 bodypart a day, 5 sessions a week and have seen amazing progress. So i wonder if this could take me to another level
    iEat

dstprl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push Pull Routine For Women

Does anyone have a push/pull workout routine for women? Just looking to change things up.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dstprl View Post
    Does anyone have a push/pull workout routine for women? Just looking to change things up.
    I'll let some of the females chime in and correct me here but I don't think a split should be gender specific.

I feel some of the most important factors to consider are:
    ---Finding a split that fits your lifestyle/schedule. If you can't fit it in, you won't do it
    ---A split you enjoy doing. If you don't enjoy it, you won't stay with it
    ---And, of course, a split that meets the requirements to reach your goals. Whether its bulking to gain muscle/size; slimming down; increasing a cardio specific activity; increasing an endurance or explosive activity; etc...
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I run a push/pull split. I like it because it lets me do deadlifts and squats on different days.

KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000)
    Old thread but since push/pull/legs is my favorite split I will chime in.

Day 1 Push
    Chest: Incline BB bench, Flat BB bench, DB fly's or Dips - Total of 9 -10 sets
    Shoulders: Alternate weekly with some kind of overhead press. & DB side lateral raises. And always bent over lat raises. Total 9-10 sets **I only do two exercise for shoulders because they get blasted doing chest**
    Tri's: Start with a compound movement first, usually close-grib bench, then an isolation move.

Day 2 Legs
    Squats - 4 sets, not counting warm-up
    Leg curls or SLDL
    Calf work

Day 3 - Rest - 1 or 2 mile run

Day 4 - Pull
    Compound move: Alternate weekly with (deadlifts - 3 sets 5-6 reps) and (Bent-over BB rows - 4 sets)
    2 more exercises for back, either pulldowns, T-bar row, pullups, etc.

Day 5 - Rest - 1 or 2 mile run

Repeat

I find frequency, for me, works better than volume. I aim to hit a body part twice every 5 days.
    Last edited by KidFreeze; 09-10-2019 at 08:44 AM.

PSUPOWER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great rotation Kidfreeze. I follow that same exact rotation as well. Always enjoyed a day off after lower and pull days.