coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I feel weak and shaky on clean-eating diet that my trainer has me on

I recently hired a trainer and am planning to compete next March in first bikini competition. My trainer has me on typical clean eating diet (eating 6 small meals a day, high protein, low fat). I feel HORRIBLE on this diet. I am shaky and whenever I bend over I get a head rush and feel like I'm going to pass out. I feel weak at the gym. I told my trainer how I felt and she had me add 1/4 cup more carbs to meals 1 and 2 but no more fat. Is it normal to feel 'off' when starting this type of diet? Before starting this diet I did not eat that healthy - lots of butter, sugar, simple carbs, etc but I still was thin (99lbs 5'1). Can I have wheat bread with pnut butter? I feel like all I'm eating now is oats, rice, eggs and some type of meat or fish...pretty large quantities but nothing that makes me feel energized or full.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How much of each macro are you eating?

coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) coloradomom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have been reading up on Nutrition info on this site, I am really clueless about it and its going to take some time to wrap my head around all of it (which is part of the reason why I hired a trainer - so she could take care of this part).
    This is what my trainer has me eating daily:

Meal 1: protein shake with unsweetened almond milk
    Meal 2: 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, 1/2 c while rolled oats(measured dry), 20 gms toasted almonds, agave nectar, 1/4c blueberries, cinnamon or other spice if desired.
    Meal 3: 4oz chicken or turkey, large dark green salad, 1/2c black rice
    Meal 4: 3oz salmon, 6oz tilapia, 4oz cod, 4oz halibut, OR 4oz orange roughy and a green vegetable
    Meal 5: 1 scoop Sport made with unsweetened almond milk and 1 piece of fruit (small apple, 6 strawberries, 1 small pear, or 1/2 banana)
    Meal 4 and 5 can be switched around but no other meals please.
    Meal 6: 4oz lean steak and a green vegetable
    One SMALL handful of almonds for snack.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Without calorie or macro information the above info is meaningless. Is there any other reason you are second guessing your trainer?

@ 5'1" and 99 pounds.... are you losing or gaining weight?

The only reason I'm second guessing her is because I feel so terrible. Can you have sugar withdrawal? I used to eat tons of sugar.
    I have already lost 2 lbs in less than a week, I was 97 lbs today.

Certified Fitness Trainer ThisFitChick's Avatar
    ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100) ThisFitChick is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hm could be several things: 1) you're body is still adjusting to the new macros (lower carb) 2) not enough dietary fat 3) not enough calories! Could be many more factors, but these seem to be the most common
    Personal Trainer

Online 12 Week Workout Programs:

Slim and Sculpt Program
    Strength and Hypertrophy Program
    Fat Blaster Program
    Customized Workout Program

All available at: at www.thisfitchick.net

Fitness blog: http://thisfitchick.wordpress.com/

********: https://www.********.com/ThisFitChick

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ThisFitChick

Fit eats: http://instagram.com/thisfitchick/

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It could be a combination of poor hydration, low carbs and too steep of a deficit. It could also just be your are cranky as hell from being carb deprived (because eating low carb sucks..... a lot). If this is the case, you will adapt (eventually). You are fairly small and without seeing a photo, I would question if a cut is even appropriate.

No insult intended, but I think you should grasp the fundamentals of diet and training before you attempt a competition. Gain some experience first. You don't want to join a competition underweight, under-muscled and completely unprepared. You wouldn't pick up a guitar and plan to play a gig in 6 months, you would make sure you could play well first.
    Last edited by acrawlingchaos; 10-13-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks so much for your insight. I posted similar ? in general nutrition forum and i got a lot of same response - fire your trainer. I really like my trainer, and she is good and has lots of experience and came highly recommended. I am confused as to why they say to fire her?? She seems to be following a lot of what I've read online, so is it all wrong? I suppose the answer is that I need to spend some time educating myself if I can get a second to concentrate (hard with 3 young children who constantly need something it seems!) My trainer says we'll have to tweak it as we go, to figure out what works for my body. I do worry about losing too much weight, it seems to all come out of my face and I loo gaunt. I wonder how lean she wants me? I guess I need to ask her. Sorry for rambling!

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    It could be a combination of poor hydration, low carbs and too steep of a deficit. It could also just be your are cranky as hell from being carb deprived.... because eating low carb sucks..... but if this is the case, you will adapt (eventually). You are fairly small, without seeing a photo.... I would question if a cut is even appropriate.

No insult intended, but I think you should grasp the fundamentals of diet and training before you attempt a competition. Gain some experience first. You don't want to join a competition underweight, under-muscled and completely unprepared. You wouldn't pick up a guitar and plan to play a gig in 6 months, you would make sure you could play well first.
    Thank you for your response. I agree, I have a ton to learn! I will start today. I guess I thought spending money on a trainer would save me from having to learn all this...guess not. I definitely will not do a competition unprepared. I do have time - its not til end of March.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by coloradomom View Post
    I have been reading up on Nutrition info on this site, I am really clueless about it and its going to take some time to wrap my head around all of it (which is part of the reason why I hired a trainer - so she could take care of this part).
    This is what my trainer has me eating daily:

Meal 1: protein shake with unsweetened almond milk
    Meal 2: 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg, 1/2 c while rolled oats(measured dry), 20 gms toasted almonds, agave nectar, 1/4c blueberries, cinnamon or other spice if desired.
    Meal 3: 4oz chicken or turkey, large dark green salad, 1/2c black rice
    Meal 4: 3oz salmon, 6oz tilapia, 4oz cod, 4oz halibut, OR 4oz orange roughy and a green vegetable
    Meal 5: 1 scoop Sport made with unsweetened almond milk and 1 piece of fruit (small apple, 6 strawberries, 1 small pear, or 1/2 banana)
    Meal 4 and 5 can be switched around but no other meals please.
    Meal 6: 4oz lean steak and a green vegetable
    One SMALL handful of almonds for snack.
    Put all of this into a calorie tracking site and then come back and tell us the macros and calories.

When in this meal scheme do you work out?

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am 5'1" and used to be 99 pounds. I'm afraid you aren't going to be competition ready by March. You shouldn't be trying to cut or lose weight. You are extremely small and on the lower end of the scale. You need to gain weight and gain some muscle. I know what your stats look like - I can't imagine you have a whole lot of muscle going on. I think you should put off competing, go on a bulk, and gain some quality muscle.

As for why you aren't feeling well, it could be many things, and as everyone said, without calories or macro breakdown, it's hard for anyone to say. Your body might just be adjusting, but it could be as someone else said, not enough calories in general or not enough of one macro or another.

P.S. Hopefully someone with much more experience in the matter will comment, but you're going to have to start contest dieting probably in a couple months if you're shooting for March - which means you are walking on stage with whatever muscle you have right now or that you gain in those couple month which won't be a whole lot - especially on this meal plan since you're losing weight. I know you said you're doing bikini which doesn't require a huge amount of muscle, but I still think you aren't going to be ready in that amount of time. But we, of course, would need to see pictures to determine that. Good luck no matter what you decide to do!
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Put all of this into a calorie tracking site and then come back and tell us the macros and calories.

When in this meal scheme do you work out?
    OP

see this person right here?
    be a good idea to listen and get your macros figured out.

mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50) mysticpenguin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    I am 5'1" and used to be 99 pounds. I'm afraid you aren't going to be competition ready by March. You shouldn't be trying to cut or lose weight. You are extremely small and on the lower end of the scale. You need to gain weight and gain some muscle. I know what your stats look like - I can't imagine you have a whole lot of muscle going on. I think you should put off competing, go on a bulk, and gain some quality muscle.

As for why you aren't feeling well, it could be many things, and as everyone said, without calories or macro breakdown, it's hard for anyone to say. Your body might just be adjusting, but it could be as someone else said, not enough calories in general or not enough of one macro or another.

P.S. Hopefully someone with much more experience in the matter will comment, but you're going to have to start contest dieting probably in a couple months if you're shooting for March - which means you are walking on stage with whatever muscle you have right now or that you gain in those couple month which won't be a whole lot - especially on this meal plan since you're losing weight. I know you said you're doing bikini which doesn't require a huge amount of muscle, but I still think you aren't going to be ready in that amount of time. But we, of course, would need to see pictures to determine that. Good luck no matter what you decide to do!
    Completely agree! I just dieted down for a bikini show and lost a ton of muscle. I looked borderline emaciated on stage...and I was 5'2 and 99lb. ON stage. If you lose any more you're going to look like a Holocaust victim.
    http://squatlikealady.blogspot.com -- Recipes, Training, Information, and Life

odemx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down bullish

this is bull your diet is perfect if you started your diet again it is more likely to feel tire the first few days since your on a carb deficit .but one thing I want to suggest is that you raise your fat intake because fat will actually increase your hormone levels that will actually help you loose weight the healthy way and it will increase your strength. if you don't you will feel lethargic ,depressed ,exhausted and all this things are driven by your lack of fat in your diet....don't take my word look it up your self. it will work good luck ...by the way you look great looking better than these haters.

odemx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Fat will also preserve muscle mass in your diet ....bodybuilders know this that's why they consume fat some are scare of fat thinking they will get fat but when you are exercising your body will use it as energy specially if you are 10% body fat and lower.
    fat is for your brain if your brain is not working properly your body is not going to ether.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by odemx View Post
    Fat will also preserve muscle mass in your diet ....bodybuilders know this that's why they consume fat some are scare of fat thinking they will get fat but when you are exercising your body will use it as energy specially if you are 10% body fat and lower.
    fat is for your brain if your brain is not working properly your body is not going to ether.
    Really nice bump of a 3 yr old thread. Way to stay relevant.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."