Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was able to work in a decent cardio sessions this evening. Got the kiddos in bed and knocked out a couple more hours of work BS. Blah!!! Off to meditate and then either read or watch some TV for a couple minutes before bed. Or maybe I'll just crash out directly afterwards.....yeah, that sounds about right.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great log man......keep up the good work.

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Liking what i see bro!!! Subbed!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    I was able to work in a decent cardio sessions this evening. Got the kiddos in bed and knocked out a couple more hours of work BS. Blah!!! Off to meditate and then either read or watch some TV for a couple minutes before bed. Or maybe I'll just crash out directly afterwards.....yeah, that sounds about right.
    How has your weight and goals progressed thus far (since declaring your challenge)? You're doing a good job of staying in there and still enjoying the livin'!

Had a great idea with your bag routine... gonna call it "yab jabs". This is gonna happen Friday!
    Last edited by ananf72; 06-29-2011 at 09:06 PM. Reason: additional genius

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ananf72 View Post
    How has your weight and goals progressed thus far (since declaring your challenge)? You're doing a good job of staying in there and still enjoying the livin'!

Had a great idea with your bag routine... gonna call it "yab jabs". This is gonna happen Friday!
    I've dropped about 5 lbs thus far. I haven't really been killing myself lately due to taking work home every night and being away from home just about every weekend. The important thing is that I'm eating properly and continuing to see progress. I know that once I pick up my Torso Bob at the end of the month I'll be sure to get "heavy bag" workouts in.

Have fun with the yab jabs. Once your hands start hardening up you'll really be able to let loose. Remember....the index and middle knuckles are the ones that hurt that bag, the ring and pinkie knuckles are the ones that hurt you. I've been teaching my son how to punch properly....it's quite a challenge.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've dropped about 5 lbs thus far. I haven't really been killing myself lately due to taking work home every night and being away from home just about every weekend. The important thing is that I'm eating properly and continuing to see progress. I know that once I pick up my Torso Bob at the end of the month I'll be sure to get "heavy bag" workouts in.

Have fun with the yab jabs. Once your hands start hardening up you'll really be able to let loose. Remember....the index and middle knuckles are the ones that hurt that bag, the ring and pinkie knuckles are the ones that hurt you. I've been teaching my son how to punch properly....it's quite a challenge.
    5lbs down is awesome! good job!

Originally Posted by brentbonifasold View Post
    5lbs down is awesome! good job!
    Thanks. Slowly but surely. The thing that eats at me is that I was 20 lbs lighter last August. That's why I'm taking things slowly and making this a lifestyle change rather than going gangbusters. I don't want to burn out.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks. Slowly but surely. The thing that eats at me is that I was 20 lbs lighter last August. That's why I'm taking things slowly and making this a lifestyle change rather than going gangbusters. I don't want to burn out.
    slowly but surely leads to permamently...think i spelled that wrong lol

And so it begins. This weekend will be my Mom and Dad's annual 4th of July Extravaganza. We have a massive party every year, roughly 100-200 people in attendance. Food, drinks, swimming, fireworks.....all out craziness. Every year we have a massive kickball game. Usually there are about 30 people per team. I am annually tasked with aquiring THE OFFICIAL kick ball. This year I picked up a lovely lime green swiss ball. I opted for the smaller one because I know that children will be playing, and honestly, we don't need any concussed children watching fireworks through glazed eyes.

While I was picking out which death orb we would be using, I almost opted for the giant one. My thought process was simple. "Well, my kids are going to be at their Uncle's wedding this weekend....so it's not like they're going to get hurt. Hmmmmm...." I pondered long and hard and actually asked my kids for their opinions. That was a bad idea because obviously they wanted the ginormous one. Some how, some way, the responsible Daddy kicked in and I opted for the small-ish ball. It's still frickin' huge though.

It should be a good time. I'm really looking forward to the destruction. :P

Oh yeah.....Everybody have a happy, safe 4th of July!
    Last edited by yabbyshmabby; 07-01-2011 at 08:21 AM.

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ha! The giant ball of destruction is it? Sounds like a game to me! You have quite a bit of social events that you manage to stay on track through. I'm impressed. They tend to derail the best of 'em. Have a safe and wonderful 4th and I know you'll be back on Tuesday!

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    competition breeds excellence bro, destroy their childish souls.... cough, i mean have fun bro
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

The "Green Orb of Death", which it was so lovingly nicknamed, left a path of destruction that will go down in kickball history. Due to work I have zero time to provide a decent weekend update. I ate relatively clean and got a decent workout in on Sunday. Took the kids to the PGH Zoo yesterday. (that's a story on it's own) All in all had a great weekend. Hopefully I'll find time this week to update. If not, everyone have a great week!

Sounds like an interesting time with that green orb of death. The most insane thing that happened to me over the weekend was that I tried to help my 8yo catch a frog and the thing pissed on me (a lot of frog pee at that). =)
    Crazy busy week for me too. Will check in and out to see what you've been up to.

Sounds like an interesting time with that green orb of death. The most insane thing that happened to me over the weekend was that I tried to help my 8yo catch a frog and the thing pissed on me (a lot of frog pee at that). =)
    Crazy busy week for me too. Will check in and out to see what you've been up to.
    HA! I bet your kiddo thought it was pretty awesome though!

I got another decent workout in tonight. I'm just so completely busy with work I've been logging waaaaay too many hours at night as well. I'll take a break Friday night and Saturday, but be back at it Saturday night and all day Sunday. I guess "there ain't no rest for the wicked."

On a happy note I finally learned to play one of my all time favortie songs the other night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfKGij_gODA

I got another decent workout in tonight. I'm just so completely busy with work I've been logging waaaaay too many hours at night as well. I'll take a break Friday night and Saturday, but be back at it Saturday night and all day Sunday. I guess "there ain't no rest for the wicked."

On a happy note I finally learned to play one of my all time favortie songs the other night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfKGij_gODA
    Awesome song... didn't know you played. Yeah, frog pee. Good thing I don't buy into wives tales.

Awesome song... didn't know you played. Yeah, frog pee. Good thing I don't buy into wives tales.
    Yeah....it's one of my first loves. Not the frog pee, the guitar. :P

Well, I made it through this weekend without taking on much damage. My burnt flesh has now turned into a nice tan. I'm still using sun screen, but I'm no longer lobster colored.

I didn't get any workouts it this weekend, but I did swim with the goofballs for about 10 hours on Saturday. I'm planning on knocking out a decent resistance workout tonight. It's so effing busy at work lately. I've been bringing home too much work but I think I'm finally starting to get caught up.

Glad to hear you've settled into your tan. I'm cheating with the Nivea tanner for light skin lol. Such a wrinkle phob I am. Swimming is a great workout (except making you pee 10,000 X) hmmm, that might be a good idea after a carb up yab!

Glad to hear you've settled into your tan. I'm cheating with the Nivea tanner for light skin lol. Such a wrinkle phob I am. Swimming is a great workout (except making you pee 10,000 X) hmmm, that might be a good idea after a carb up yab!
    This is the first year that I've actually gotten sun in I don't know how long. It's funny because my daughter and I share the same eye burning white skin and my son has his Mom's dark olive skin. He complains when I put sun block on him because he literally doesn't burn.....ever. My daugter (5 years old) constantly reminds me to reapply to her face, back and shoulders. Yeah, the babysitter introduced her to a sun burn early this summer.

Oh those lucky olive skin folks. For whatever reason, I am the ONLY fair skinned, light haired person in the history of my family on both sides (german/native american) to burn. Everyone has the glowing olive skin and black hair. Good thing I've got my dad's facial features or there'd be some gossiping.
    So glad your daughter is geared to keep you in line with that sunscreen. I've just got to fill her in on your veggie intake and you're all set. Oh, this reminded me of you:

http://graphjam.memebase.com/2011/06...-summery-glow/

Ha! Yeah, that was nice.

My daughter will be on board for the veggies. She loves them. That reminds me, I had a massive walleye fillet covered in salsa for dinner. I'm counting the salsa as my veggie intake. I just didn't feel like throwing a bag of broccoli in the microwave for 6 minutes. Don't ask......

I had an exhilarating experience with my resistance bands this evening. After I knocked out my pullups and sets of negatives until failure, I decided to do seated lat pulldowns with my resistance bands. I had them doubled up to add to the resistance. Wouldn't you know that one of them decided to snap. The metal hook must enjoyed removing the skin from my one knuckle that it decided to take it from the one next to it as well. In retrospect, I shouldn't have been doubling them up the way that I did.

Hindsight's always 20/20.

I had an exhilarating experience with my resistance bands this evening. After I knocked out my pullups and sets of negatives until failure, I decided to do seated lat pulldowns with my resistance bands. I had them doubled up to add to the resistance. Wouldn't you know that one of them decided to snap. The metal hook must enjoyed removing the skin from my one knuckle that it decided to take it from the one next to it as well. In retrospect, I shouldn't have been doubling them up the way that I did.

Hindsight's always 20/20.
    Now that sounds like it hurt a little. Those metal hooks... they have a mind all their own.
    Just finished reading several of Lyle McDonalds books (again) and in RFL, which is really low carb, salsa is one of the few condiments he suggests. A lot of keto-ers avoid it. I enjoy the hell out of it personally.

I've always included salsa...on a limited basis.

This isn't fitness related, but sh!t......this is my log, right?

I have been conducting a bit of a social experiment in my daily work environment to prove how self involved (read: selfish) people truly are. For the last couple of months when passing someone in the hall or in the coffee room I've said "How's it going?". The standard answer is "Good". From time to time a couple of rare individuals will stop and BS for a minute. Starting this week I replaced my normal greeting with "What's up?". The standard answer is "Good". Seriously? As before, the rare individual (same people as previously listed) will stop and BS for a minute.

Please note that this has nothing to do with being busy, it has to do with the character of the individual. The majority of people who actually stop for a minute are the people who don't really have a minute to spare, but are truly thoughtful individuals.

This takes me back to people who just wait for their turn to talk rather than actually participate in a conversation. These are the types of people who constantly interrupt as if they have Tourette Syndrome and rather than spouting off profanites they spout off whatever idea is trapped inside of their pea sized brain. It's like they cannot sit still until sharing this wonderful thought and all the while they weren't listening to a word the other person said.

Think about it for a minute. You know these people......maybe you're one of them. The good thing is that if you are, you can change it.

Alright, I'm done.

Actually, I love that you shared this. What you sir have witnessed is the self absorbed sh*t I deal with all the time and find equally as irritating. Conversation should be something like a ping pong game... back and forth and not over someones head (or back at yourself). But nope... too many overly eager ppl wanting to tell you all about themselves. When I was your age (oh how I love to say that), I'd try to muster in the politeness. Now I just turn and walk off mid sentence to be sure they know I really don't give a damn.
    I'm curious to hear how these same ppl might behave when you no longer greet them? Usually they get a complex and kiss ass.

Here... this is for you... "I'm fine Yab... and how are you doing today? Did you eat your veggies or opt for the salsa?"

Ha! Why yes, actually I did eat my veggies.

My daughter was at a slumber party last night so I let the boy pick whatever he wanted to do for the evening. He decided on Outback (he loves ribs) and Mythbusters. I have to say that I did alright with my food choices. I had a strip steak, broccoli....and a sweet potato. I know, I know, but I've been craving them for quite a while. I just had butter on it, none of the yummy honey butter and brown sugar.

My daughter was at a slumber party last night so I let the boy pick whatever he wanted to do for the evening. He decided on Outback (he loves ribs) and Mythbusters. I have to say that I did alright with my food choices. I had a strip steak, broccoli....and a sweet potato. I know, I know, but I've been craving them for quite a while. I just had butter on it, none of the yummy honey butter and brown sugar.
    That's one of the issues I have with keto... no one should fear the sweet potato lol. In one of my environmental hazard courses they had ample amts of research involving properties in sweet potatoes that bind to heavy metals and aids in removing it from the body. Because I eat a lot of fish (and some of my friends that work in the EPA like to terrify me for kicks), I actually do try to eat more sweet potatoes. All I need is a *reason* lol. There's one.

mmm ribs and sweet taters, Thanks bro, drooling on my shirt now
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard