lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you go to the gym when you are sore?

I did an awesome full body workout on Tues. Weds woke up sore, did 40 mins HIIT, no weights. Today I got up and did a hill walk, but I am still really, really sore (I have been sick of late so not lifting weights much, back into it now).

Is it ok to go to the gym when still sore, or should you wait another day?
    "You have to make a decision what you want to be in life. If you want to be something special then you have to sacrifice a lot. I get the most satisfaction out of things not everybody experiences . . ." Arnold Schwarzenegger.

rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10) rtmiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lesstravelled View Post
    I did an awesome full body workout on Tues. Weds woke up sore, did 40 mins HIIT, no weights. Today I got up and did a hill walk, but I am still really, really sore (I have been sick of late so not lifting weights much, back into it now).

Is it ok to go to the gym when still sore, or should you wait another day?
    Depends om what is sore, and how sore it is.

If I work a muscle group today, it is usually sore for 2-3 days, and I am at the gym 4-5 days a week.

lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lesstravelled has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rtmiii View Post
    Depends om what is sore, and how sore it is.

If I work a muscle group today, it is usually sore for 2-3 days, and I am at the gym 4-5 days a week.
    Just some parts are sore, and sore to the point where I'm wincing a little when moving those muscles.

I'm happy to go to the gym sore, just not sure if I should...
    "You have to make a decision what you want to be in life. If you want to be something special then you have to sacrifice a lot. I get the most satisfaction out of things not everybody experiences . . ." Arnold Schwarzenegger.

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, I do.

chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chud50 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i pretty much always stick to my routine, even when i'm sore. i ease up on the cardio (less running), but otherwise i stay the same. my body tends to 'loosen up' and i feel less sore as the workout continues.
    you're less than a drop in all the oceans, and god is laughing at your problems.

Cool, thanks.

99 problems, i ain't one. Problem's Avatar
    Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Problem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on which muscle is sore. Working out a sore muscle group isn't good. That's an indication that the muscle still didn't recover yet.

So instead of doing a full body workout, split your muscle groups on 3-5 days and rest 2. Give your body sometime to recover.

It doesn't matter if you're doing cardio though, unless you did HIIT then the next day did leg workout. Fatiguin a muscle that is already fatigue is not the way to go.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

NPC hobbiest