Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Arrow 5 Great Competition Bench Press Tips!

Here are five great competition bp tips I have learned from the NASA President & other top bp competitors.

1. Your last heavy bench press workout should be 7-10 days before your next bp competition.

2. Use no more than 80% max because if you do a Max Single within a week to 10 days of the Meet, you can automatically take 5% to 7% off that amount for your max on meet day.

3. 1-3 weeks before a bench press meet you can't get that much stronger, but you sure can get a lot weaker.

4. Ice your elbows 2-3 times before your bench press competition.

5. Your bp will suffer the most when you loose wt. You can plan on losing about 3 lbs from your bp per lb. of bwt lost AFTER the first 3 lbs of lost bwt. The lighter you are the more dramatic the effects.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

I'm just a regular dude iron619's Avatar
    iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile

Originally Posted by NASAKYCHAIRMAN View Post
    Here are five great competition bp tips I have learned from the NASA President & other top bp competitors.

1. Your last heavy bench press workout should be 7-10 days before your next bp competition.

2. Use no more than 80% max because if you do a Max Single within a week to 10 days of the Meet, you can automatically take 5% to 7% off that amount for your max on meet day.

3. 1-3 weeks before a bench press meet you can't get that much stronger, but you sure can get a lot weaker.

5. Your bp will suffer the most when you loose wt. You can plan on losing about 3 lbs from your bp per lb. of bwt lost AFTER the first 3 lbs of lost bwt. The lighter you are the more dramatic the effects.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    Good tips dude.

In reference to Tip #5, this is the biggest obvious thing for me--I just never really did the math to find the correlation between the difference in loss from bodyweight to raw bench press. (eg. Best Raw: 410x1 @ 222 lbs; 365 @ 194 lbs...)
    USMC: 1999-2003; 2009-Current

USPA / USAPL

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iron619

Strength Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=765147

7% bodyfat here I come Mike Zero's Avatar
    Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike Zero is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good tips and all, but you blatantly just plucked all of those stats/numbers out of thin air.

Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drew23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For icing the elbows, 2-3 times when? That day, for a few days/weeks before? And what does this do for you exactly?
    I'm not DrewDarden

Best Meet lifts: S:805 B:705 D:560 Total:2070 (220, equipped, drug free)
    Best Raw (gym lifts): S:540 B:380 D:515

Want to bench more? Click here: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178958341
    ~ Molon Labe ~

NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NASAKYCHAIRMAN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Drew23 View Post
    For icing the elbows, 2-3 times when? That day, for a few days/weeks before? And what does this do for you exactly?
    Lets say your contest is on Saturday. Ice each elbow on Monday & Wednesday for 10-20 minutes.

Your elbow/tricep area has probably taken a beating for a 8-16 training cycle. So, there probably might be some inflammation or DOMS. Ice helps to reduce inflammation and increase recuperation.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000) t-butyl is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would do nothing about a week out
    always tried to maintain bodyweight
    reload with creatine. This stuff used to work with me
    old eca stack before lifts
    never had problems with elbows from to much lockout work

hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm amused that you had to revert to using abbreviations for ''bodyweight'' and ''bench press'', and yet still had time to type out your signature at the end of the post...
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thebeast1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Apparently I'm doing pretty good for bench press then lol. I lost about 25 pounds on it but I lost like 23 pounds of bodyweight.

It still fcking sucks though
    "If you want to be world class you must first act world class" -Travis Ortmayer

hrn2dani has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm training for a few meets this summer. The first one is in one month. Last week I hit a pretty easy 490 X 2 using a 3 board. Today I did an easy 505x1 4 board then did an easy 425 2 board. I have not attempted to touch. This is in a 54 Katana that is getting really loose. I just bought a 52 Katana and I have yet to wash either of them although I just received the Power Wash to wash them in.
    Questions for all of you :
    1. Based on the above info.,what progression of boards and weight would you suggest for the next 3 weeks? And for the week prior?
    2. Should I power wash the 54 and use it for the meet or look at using the 52? I think I would like to stay with the 54 for the first meet or so if I can and get the groove down before I go tighter.
    3. How do you determine what to open with?
    4.Do you ever use a looser shirt for the opener and a tighter for the next 2 attempts?
    5. On meet day, what advice for warm up weights, board use do you have.

I would really appreciate some advice as I train alone and do not know any powerlifters in my area. I'm an old fat guy now(47)but was a decent lifter from the early to mid 80's era (675/375/625 @ 198-220 circa 1984-85) and now competing for the first time in 22 years so geared benching is a new experience for me although it was a trial of my buddy's brand new Inzer Blast shirt back in '85 that pretty much ended my powerlifting career due to a subsequent bad shoulder injury.

Just as it sucked to bomb out in 1984 it would suck to bomb out in 2008 so any other tidbits of wisdom would be appreciated.

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Your last heavy bench press workout should be 7-10 days before your next bp competition.

Use no more than 80% max because if you do a Max Single within a week to 10 days of the Meet, you can automatically take 5% to 7% off that amount for your max on meet day.

You can plan on losing about 3 lbs from your bp per lb. of bwt lost AFTER the first 3 lbs of lost bwt. The lighter you are the more dramatic the effects.

I read these exact same tips on a powerlifting site somewhere. (I was looking for it again too to give advice to somone who was about to compete but couldn't find it). So glad to see it posted.

truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good post but not to sure about losing 3lbs/lb. Unless of course you are talking about shirted benching. If losing the weight makes the shirt too loose then oviously it will not perform ideally. I think we all have an anabolic BF range that is optimum and I am pretty sure it has been proven. I think it has been stated to be in that 10-15% zone. So if you are losing fat your lifts should not be affected all that much. For example I am 234 and probably an honest 16-18% BF. I say honest b/c everyone underestimates there BF. With my water loading, ginger root bath, and proper diet will drop to 220 easy for my 29 June meet. I will probably weigh about 226 come meet time. That 8lb weight loss will in no way drop my bench 24lbs. As a matter of fact it might increase b/c of the other 4 tips you gave. My rational is my 226 @14% BF will mean I will have around 32 lbs of fat and 194lbs of that good stuff. At 234 @17% I have 40lbs of the yellow crap and ....194lbs of that good stuff. I think I have been pretty clear here. I am not talking about drastic cutting were you become depleted and emaciated. If that is what you are thinking about doing then you need to read more or consider bodybuilding. I think most use the excuse of weight loss as a reason for not performing as well as we would have liked. I know I have, I use to bench 648lbs when I weighed 247....

45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50) 45BIG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by truth4free View Post
    I think we all have an anabolic BF range that is optimum and I am pretty sure it has been proven. I think it has been stated to be in that 10-15% zone. So if you are losing fat your lifts should not be affected all that much.
    Agree I believe losing muscle will cause a more dramatic effect in ones bench than losing straight up fat. That's not to say you won't lose bench press weight from dropping weight but the type of weight you lose matters.
    Monday Bench
    Tuesday Rest
    Wednesday Drink beer
    Thursday Drink more beer
    Friday Bench
    Saturday celebrate benching by drinking beer
    Sunday plan for benching

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mike Zero View Post
    Good tips and all, but you blatantly just plucked all of those stats/numbers out of thin air.
    maybe those numbers are just from his experiance, Im sure after being around as long as he has you started getting a more concise understanding.

Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    In my gym, we have 5 guys over 500. 1 more over 600. 2 more over 700. 1 more over 900.

We follow 0/5 of those rules.

but hey, im not sponsored. what would i know?

Here's what we use with ZERO injuries from training.

max every week on every lift, accessory or main lift.

Use your gear as long as it takes until plateau. Find that number. Some guys stay in gear year round.

Bench the last week out from competition so the meet rolls around on the same day you bench keeping yourself in the same rhythm. If you train for PR's all the time, meets hold no fear, or nervousness. You should know exactly what you are hitting, how to tweak, and what it takes to get up for many lifts in a day. Then a meet is just another training day.

Have a **** you attitude that goes so far that it doesnt matter who is benching around you. Where you open up against competition, or who in your weight class lifts what. Its you against them.
    I lift a lot of weight

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Haplochrom View Post
    In my gym, we have 5 guys over 500. 1 more over 600. 2 more over 700. 1 more over 900.

Use your gear as long as it takes until plateau. Find that number. Some guys stay in gear year round.

Bench the last week out from competition so the meet rolls around on the same day you bench keeping yourself in the same rhythm. If you train for PR's all the time, meets hold no fear, or nervousness. You should know exactly what you are hitting, how to tweak, and what it takes to get up for many lifts in a day. Then a meet is just another training day.

Have a **** you attitude that goes so far that it doesnt matter who is benching around you. Where you open up against competition, or who in your weight class lifts what. Its you against them.

grrr were guards yeah were guards grrrrrrr

Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Haplochrom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    This is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.

Then how could you make progress weeks 1-3, or weeks 6-8. EVERY training day gets you stronger.

Every day with the bar on your back or in your hands makes you better, stronger, and more experienced.

If you take this attitude, you are wasting WEEKS of training, who would want to do that?
    I lift a lot of weight

Originally Posted by iron619 View Post
    Good tips dude.

In reference to Tip #5, this is the biggest obvious thing for me--I just never really did the math to find the correlation between the difference in loss from bodyweight to raw bench press. (eg. Best Raw: 410x1 @ 222 lbs; 365 @ 194 lbs...)
    Hopefully, the tips will help you a lot on the day of the meet and increase your longevity in this great sport.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.myspace.com/bigwillie12345

Originally Posted by hrn2dani View Post
    I'm training for a few meets this summer. The first one is in one month. Last week I hit a pretty easy 490 X 2 using a 3 board. Today I did an easy 505x1 4 board then did an easy 425 2 board. I have not attempted to touch. This is in a 54 Katana that is getting really loose. I just bought a 52 Katana and I have yet to wash either of them although I just received the Power Wash to wash them in.
    Questions for all of you :
    1. Based on the above info.,what progression of boards and weight would you suggest for the next 3 weeks? And for the week prior?
    2. Should I power wash the 54 and use it for the meet or look at using the 52? I think I would like to stay with the 54 for the first meet or so if I can and get the groove down before I go tighter.
    3. How do you determine what to open with?
    4.Do you ever use a looser shirt for the opener and a tighter for the next 2 attempts?
    5. On meet day, what advice for warm up weights, board use do you have.

I would really appreciate some advice as I train alone and do not know any powerlifters in my area. I'm an old fat guy now(47)but was a decent lifter from the early to mid 80's era (675/375/625 @ 198-220 circa 1984-85) and now competing for the first time in 22 years so geared benching is a new experience for me although it was a trial of my buddy's brand new Inzer Blast shirt back in '85 that pretty much ended my powerlifting career due to a subsequent bad shoulder injury.

Just as it sucked to bomb out in 1984 it would suck to bomb out in 2008 so any other tidbits of wisdom would be appreciated.
    Drop me a pm and I'll point you in the right direction.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

Actually, I got the icing of the elbows from Tiny Meeker and my sports doctor. I guess you don't know who Tiny Meeker is? Right!

Instead of being negative, offer something positive!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

Actually, I got the icing of the elbows from Tiny Meeker and my sports doctor. I guess you don't know who Tiny Meeker is? Right!

Instead of being negative, offer something positive!

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    I did offer something positive...

I gave them advice that wasnt Ctrl+C Ctrl+V from another site.

This is advice from one of the most decorated powerlifting gyms ever.

But i guess its not positive in your eyes.
    Last edited by Haplochrom; 06-19-2008 at 01:07 PM.
    I lift a lot of weight

truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10) truth4free is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wow, I was begining to think I was the only one who approached it this way. I was satrting to wonder about my training. I am going to max this weekend, the week before my meet so I know EXACTLY were I am. Great comment, "... meet is just another training day."

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mike Zero View Post
    How do you know this? Why all the hating?

ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ArCaNe66 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question

what would you recommend for a pec that starts cramping and or getting lactic acid buildup during a chest workout, and making that pec basically impossible to press off of.. yeah..had it for a while, and took 10 months off of lifting and just did some oly stuff to no avail haha..and the injury is still with me, it gets bad when the bar is closer to my chest because my chest is stretched out and it just feels like a knot and it feels like it moves, no discoloration when i got the injury back last August.

Originally Posted by ArCaNe66 View Post
    what would you recommend for a pec that starts cramping and or getting lactic acid buildup during a chest workout, and making that pec basically impossible to press off of.. yeah..had it for a while, and took 10 months off of lifting and just did some oly stuff to no avail haha..and the injury is still with me, it gets bad when the bar is closer to my chest because my chest is stretched out and it just feels like a knot and it feels like it moves, no discoloration when i got the injury back last August.
    Drop me a pm and I can help.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm

You'll right, its not positive in my eyes! At least I'm helping or trying to make a difference. What have you done for the Powerlifting Community?

You would have more credibility if you used your real name instead of acting like an internet keyboard warrior.

Also, why bring up the word "sponsor"? Don't hate because I have great sponsors! I can show you how to get some sponsors if you need some help.

I read your profile & recent threads(wow) and my bench press is higher than yours, but you out weigh me more than 100 pds! I compete in NASA & USAPL primarily. Where do you compete at?

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.criticalbench.com/JT-Hall-Big-Willie.htm

hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^^ Oh look, another thread where JT is spouting off about his own greatness...

Snore.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    everyone is different...they are not universal tips...
    The Percepta @ 165ah

Originally Posted by Perceptionist View Post
    everyone is different...they are not universal tips...
    Great point!

What might work for one person, might not work for another person.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500) gettnthere is not very helpful. (-500)

im feelin ur advice man..when i was maxin every week when i first started my cns stayed up to par and it didnt feel ackward with max squat weight on my back when i maxed like it does after a few weeks of not going real heavy
    RAW powerlifter
    skype for workout/diet programs ect-- thatkid949

Stronger by da week! bodybuilda's Avatar
    bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 45BIG View Post
    Agree I believe losing muscle will cause a more dramatic effect in ones bench than losing straight up fat. That's not to say you won't lose bench press weight from dropping weight but the type of weight you lose matters.
    This is true but remember when losing weight it is impossible to lose only fat and no muscle whatsoever but of course with the right diet and training you can lose more fat than muscle, point being some muscle will be lost even if its just a tad bit of it.
    Height 5'11
    weight 165
    PR's:
    DEADLIFT RAW: 345 x 1 reps
    SQUAT RAW: 275 x 3 reps
    BENCH RAW: 185x1rep (incline)
    Both no belt straps, no chalk or nothing.
    Just practically naked doing them!
    Check out my journal
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=448005[/url]