Closed Thread
Page 159 of 333 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 9967
    whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whiskeysticks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happy New Year to everyone! Sipping on a whiskey ginger while the old lady's passed out and the dog's snoring away...hope to make to the gym by 11 tomorrow morning to keep this train a'goin...White Flood, help me please!

metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000) metapod is just really nice. (+1000)
    Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?
    A: This is explained in detail here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923

^ Link doesn't seem to be complete? Anyone knows where I can read up on that?

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Calf Raises

about the Calf Raises exercise, should i be doing it with weights? I'm completely new to body workout and skinny as hell, so i guess no weights needed, but just to be sure I'm asking here.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GordtheWard View Post
    Hi guys, so i've been lifting for years as part of playing football so I wouldn't say i'm a beginner, but to be completely honest I never really enjoyed lifting, and would even cut reps/sets out of my lifts.

Now i'm done playing football and am no longer satisfied with being 20% bodyfat (as an offensive lineman that was perfectly acceptable lol), and want to transform my body

Ultimately I'm going to get on this program, but my question is what to do first. Is this program ok while eating at a deficit in order to initially lose the fat? Or should I go on some other program while i cut, and then get on this program once that is over?

Please let me know what you think, and if you think i should cut on a different program please recommend one!

(ps i fully understand that at the end of the day, cutting bodyfat is 99% about diet, im asking purely from a workout perspective)
    This is a good program to cut on. Good luck with your lifting.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 666pluto View Post
    about the Calf Raises exercise, should i be doing it with weights? I'm completely new to body workout and skinny as hell, so i guess no weights needed, but just to be sure I'm asking here.
    If you can do the exercise with weights then do it with weights. If you cant complete the exercise with weights then start with bodyweight.

Originally Posted by metapod View Post
    Q2: How do I know what weight I should get started with for each exercise in the routine?
    A: This is explained in detail here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923

^ Link doesn't seem to be complete? Anyone knows where I can read up on that?
    Use this link.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    If you can do the exercise with weights then do it with weights. If you cant complete the exercise with weights then start with bodyweight.
    thanks.
    just trying to figure out now at which surface should i do this exercise...
    stairs at my house has to much distance & height between each other, so i might risk falling or injuring myself. placing plane wood surfaces makes me think it will flip with me on it.
    what's your suggestion for doing this at home?

JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks.
    just trying to figure out now at which surface should i do this exercise...
    stairs at my house has to much distance & height between each other, so i might risk falling or injuring myself. placing plane wood surfaces makes me think it will flip with me on it.
    what's your suggestion for doing this at home?
    At the risk of feeding a troll I am gonna reply

Lots of people make a calf block themselves to perform the exercise and it wont take long to google how to do it. Alternatively you can buy a calf block. Other people use a couple of 45's to stand on or anything they may have at home that is stable and able to support the weight.

Why you would consider to do these on your stairs at home with a weighted barbel on your back is well............You could try doing them standing on the edge of an open pit with man eating crocodiles at the bottom, I bet you wont fall in.

Originally Posted by JMS72 View Post
    At the risk of feeding a troll I am gonna reply

Lots of people make a calf block themselves to perform the exercise and it wont take long to google how to do it. Alternatively you can buy a calf block. Other people use a couple of 45's to stand on or anything they may have at home that is stable and able to support the weight.

Why you would consider to do these on your stairs at home with a weighted barbel on your back is well............You could try doing them standing on the edge of an open pit with man eating crocodiles at the bottom, I bet you wont fall in.

Hold on, no troll here! I already mentioned I'm new to this area, I didn't even buy my equipment yet :-/. so sorry for any dumb question...

as for this exercise, I wasn't even planning on using weights on my back, only now i saw it can be done like this on YouTube. I thought it's done with hand weights...
    anyway, I will keep looking for more info on YouTube about this exercise. strangely, it looks the most simple one, but I'm having problems of figuring how to do it right!

thanks.

JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMS72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hold on, no troll here! I already mentioned I'm new to this area, I didn't even buy my equipment yet :-/. so sorry for any dumb question...

as for this exercise, I wasn't even planning on using weights on my back, only now i saw it can be done like this on YouTube. I thought it's done with hand weights...
    anyway, I will keep looking for more info on YouTube about this exercise. strangely, it looks the most simple one, but I'm having problems of figuring how to do it right!

thanks.
    It is difficult to get your balance right at first - If you are using a power rack (which really you should if training at home) some people lean the bar against the uprights to help support balance. This is not something I have done myself so not going to say this is recommended.

OcTwenty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi lads. I'm starting this Program later on today and as such i read all the FAQs regarding this and i came across this

"Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A: as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows. This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though."

So my question is, if i do replace Barbel Curls with Upright rows, will the upright rows and Bent over barbel rows be enough for my Biceps to grow? And if your wondering, i am a beginner starting from scratch. cheers lads

Can't afford a rack, but will mostly train with a friend, so no safety issues.
    planning to buy the target 2050 weight bench+60 KG plates+long/W/Short bar.
    will try to find something safe and stable for the calf later on.

thanks for your help :-).

Originally Posted by OcTwenty View Post
    Hi lads. I'm starting this Program later on today and as such i read all the FAQs regarding this and i came across this

"Q12: Can I substitute any of the exercises in this routine for other exercises?
    A: as a general rule, no, you can't (barring certain situations where an injury may prevent you from doing a specific movement). One exception being the curls, which can be substituted for standing upright rows. This is more of a compound exercise and it actually fits the rest of the routine more nicely. Curls were added by all pro mostly because "everyone would want to do them anyway", so if your ego will survive it, go for the upright rows instead of the curls - it's a far better overall body exercise. Up to you though."

So my question is, if i do replace Barbel Curls with Upright rows, will the upright rows and Bent over barbel rows be enough for my Biceps to grow? And if your wondering, i am a beginner starting from scratch. cheers lads
    At this stage of training the rows will be enough to stimulate the biceps. If you don't feel they are improving you can always swap them back in at a later date.

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happy new year everyone!

It just so happens (completely unintentionally and wasn't planned) that my time with AllPro's Beginner routine has come to an end as of today, on January 1st 2013 I've completed 7 cycles on a reasonably aggressive cut, going down from 35% to 17.5% bf. I'm happy enough with my current fat levels that I no longer want to keep cutting and instead I'm switching to a recomp and will be going with a different routine from now on (already started today).

Below are some very basic progress pics; quality is poor and lighting is different (two different apartments between before/after) as these were done only for myself and I never planned to post them publicly so wasn't really bothered with the format. But I guess the difference is apparent enough that picture format is not really that important at this pont, so I hope it is taken for what it's worth. The "after" pictures where done at around 19% BF, a few weeks ago.

Front, despite what it may seem I was actually flexing in the "before" pic as well, trying to suck in my stomach as much as possible (don't ask ). Both pics have light coming down from above and were done without a "post-workout pump"

Back, both relaxed:

From the beginning of the routine, my 10 rep maxes went up as follows:

Squat: 95 -> 175 (had to take some time off on those due to a knee injury)
    Bench Press: 85 -> 155
    BOR: 80 -> 150
    OHP: 40 -> 80
    SLDL: 100 -> 246 (I bumped the weights heavily on cycle 5 when I started using gym chalk)
    Calves: 130 -> 280 (I was using a more aggressive progression on those)

Curls I'm not mentioning cause I've been doing chin ups instead of them for a few cycles now, so no clue where I'm at.

Thanks go out to everyone posting in this thread, in particular to (some of them are no longer posting):

64509chvl
    Robosphere
    Skullster
    PapaPumpkin

And of course, to the man himself - all pro.

Happy new year everyone once again. Good luck and have fun!

that's an amazing progress, congrats :-). encouraging for those of us just starting...

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by syncmaster913n View Post
    Happy new year everyone!

It just so happens (completely unintentionally and wasn't planned) that my time with AllPro's Beginner routine has come to an end as of today, on January 1st 2013 I've completed 7 cycles on a reasonably aggressive cut, going down from 35% to 17.5% bf. I'm happy enough with my current fat levels that I no longer want to keep cutting and instead I'm switching to a recomp and will be going with a different routine from now on (already started today).

Below are some very basic progress pics; quality is poor and lighting is different (two different apartments between before/after) as these were done only for myself and I never planned to post them publicly so wasn't really bothered with the format. But I guess the difference is apparent enough that picture format is not really that important at this pont, so I hope it is taken for what it's worth. The "after" pictures where done at around 19% BF, a few weeks ago.

Front, despite what it may seem I was actually flexing in the "before" pic as well, trying to suck in my stomach as much as possible (don't ask ). Both pics have light coming down from above and were done without a "post-workout pump"

Back, both relaxed:

SLDL: 100 -> 246 (I bumped the weights heavily on cycle 5 when I started using gym chalk)

Curls I'm not mentioning cause I've been doing chin ups instead of them for a few cycles now, so no clue where I'm at.

Thanks go out to everyone posting in this thread, in particular to (some of them are no longer posting):

64509chvl
    Robosphere
    Skullster
    PapaPumpkin

good work bud.... keep it up
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man, great work, syncmaster! What program are you going with for your recomp?

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    Man, great work, syncmaster! What program are you going with for your recomp?
    the same one you are doing right now

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    good work bud.... keep it up
    thanks bro, definitely will

that's an amazing progress, congrats :-). encouraging for those of us just starting...
    thank you

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Happy new year everyone!

Back, both relaxed:

64509chvl
    Robosphere
    Skullster
    PapaPumpkin

Congratulation, Great results ! Posting these pictures should help answer questions from those folks doubting that this program works.
    Wishing you continued success in 2013
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wtiger11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nice Job!

Happy new year everyone!

Motivating results especially since my initial starting weights are very close to yours. Starting cycle 3 on Saturday so it should start getting really difficult with my light day being my original heavy day. Great job and keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    Congratulation, Great results ! Posting these pictures should help answer questions from those folks doubting that this program works.
    Wishing you continued success in 2013
    Thanks man, likewise!

Originally Posted by wtiger11 View Post
    Motivating results especially since my initial starting weights are very close to yours. Starting cycle 3 on Saturday so it should start getting really difficult with my light day being my original heavy day. Great job and keep up the good work.
    Thanks bro, good luck with cycle 3 and all the rest

Happy new year everyone!

snip

64509chvl
    Robosphere
    Skullster
    PapaPumpkin

Great work Syncmaster

Originally Posted by JMS72 View Post
    Great work Syncmaster
    Thanks!

chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chubbybones has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Happy new year everyone!

64509chvl
    Robosphere
    Skullster
    PapaPumpkin

Well done buddy,thats truly impressive.Just like others have said you've given us that extra motivation to stick to the program and slog it out.
    If its not too much to ask,i would be curious as to what your diet consisted of.I have yet to resolve my dietery needs on the program and simply try to get enough protein without really counting calories.
    Do you try to eat the same thing every day or do you mix it up a bit?
    Once again congrats on your progress ,you've inspired a lot of us.

mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10) mickeymonster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Happy new year everyone!

Back, both relaxed:

64509chvl
    Robosphere
    Skullster
    PapaPumpkin

Nice job!! It's nice to see progression in the higher cycles. Starting cycle 9 next Monday. You have done really well on the cut. I have fallen off the wagon with diet but plan on getting back on track now. I am also going to start to use gym chalk for SLDL. They are getting really heavy now!
    --

Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145222391

Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Teryaki has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Will i benefit from this kinda routine ? been lifting for 2 years and iv done max-ot and some regular bb style 5 day splits, my squats and deads are terrible and i want to improve them, but ofcourse my first priority is size rather than strength, cheers

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Teryaki View Post
    Will i benefit from this kinda routine ? been lifting for 2 years and iv done max-ot and some regular bb style 5 day splits, my squats and deads are terrible and i want to improve them, but ofcourse my first priority is size rather than strength, cheers
    Remember this is a Beginners program, so if your close to Benching 1 1/2 x your body weight and Squatting 2 x your body weight, this might not give you enough work.
    Everyone is different, so who knows if this is the best program for you? Give it a try for at least 3 cycles and see if it works. If not, try something else. Nothing to loose but a couple of weeks.
    Good Luck, whatever you choose.
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

Closed Thread
Page 159 of 333 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast