Duuuric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Powerade Good or bad?

Alright well i have been working out since 11th grade and i am a sophmore in college now. I used to go through my day regularly and out of no where i would get up from sitting down and i would suddenly black out(not realize where i am...)

I went and got CAt scans, MRI's and all them things thinking it was my body going nuts over something wrong, my doctor told me i was not taking in enough water, from then on (senior year) my father would go and get 1 gallon water containers and label them Monday, Tuesday, etc.. My job would be to drink an entire one a day, but still the black outs persisted. My friend told me he had the same issue and his doctor told him it was an electrolite inbalance. So from Senior year till now i have been rocking out Powerade and Gatorade for its goods...

Now with the story out of the way, Is it bad for losing fat, i have 6'1 200 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight for a good month and it does not seem to be working, could it be the gatorate/powerade intake, would it effect my intake in a negative way? I am not blaming my faults or failure to lose weight on a drink, but is there also something out there to give me the electolites without the extra calories?

Also any type of Diet plan you can refer to me would be great, i have a limited resource seeing how i am a college student. In the mean time i will be looking at these posts because i am new and i feel as though i found myself pirates gold...

Thanks in advance,
    Deric

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I guess it depends on how much you are drinking. I don't want "calories" in my water...especially if I am drinking well over 4 liters a day. I don't know which one you are drinking, but when I looked up Lemon-Lime, I found it was 64 calories for 8oz. Those calories add up fast, and if you are not counting all those calories into your daily amount of cals for fat loss, it will slow your progress.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mr. Manlet has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    basically i think it depends how much u have and does it fit in your macros..like the above poster said those calories do add up...after a longworkout i think it would be safe to drink powerade..wouldnt drink it throughout the day though

my 2 centz
    IG = @ Bmur18 - Follow me and message for reps

**BMBC...MANG!**

rep back 10k+

Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    I guess it depends on how much you are drinking. I don't want "calories" in my water...especially if I am drinking well over 4 liters a day. I don't know which one you are drinking, but when I looked up Lemon-Lime, I found it was 64 calories for 8oz. Those calories add up fast, and if you are not counting all those calories into your daily amount of cals for fat loss, it will slow your progress.
    I drink one or two 32fl oz a day or atleast every 2 days and with that intake my blackouts normally stay away. I am rading the fat lose sticky and i am enjoying that. I would rock out banas, apples, oranges, pears, peaches and didn't realize they had enough natural sugars for them to be declared un-needed in a healthy diet for weight loss.

Deric

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Duuuric View Post
    I drink one or two 32fl oz a day or atleast every 2 days and with that intake my blackouts normally stay away. I am rading the fat lose sticky and i am enjoying that. I would rock out banas, apples, oranges, pears, peaches and didn't realize they had enough natural sugars for them to be declared un-needed in a healthy diet for weight loss.

Deric
    It's all about moderation. I eat an apple and a banana every day.
    This will help: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=492749

As for the Powerade, if you need it medically, you just need to figure it into your macros/cals for the day. No biggie...just takes a bit of "real" food off the diet plan.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    It's all about moderation. I eat an apple and a banana every day.
    This will help: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=492749

As for the Powerade, if you need it medically, you just need to figure it into your macros/cals for the day. No biggie...just takes a bit of "real" food off the diet plan.
    Thank you for the reply, i will do this. I would think apples are good for you seeing how it is a natural ex-lax... I guess i am wrong and there is more i need to touch base on.

Deric

bigjuicy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Duuuric View Post
    Alright well i have been working out since 11th grade and i am a sophmore in college now. I used to go through my day regularly and out of no where i would get up from sitting down and i would suddenly black out(not realize where i am...)

I went and got CAt scans, MRI's and all them things thinking it was my body going nuts over something wrong, my doctor told me i was not taking in enough water, from then on (senior year) my father would go and get 1 gallon water containers and label them Monday, Tuesday, etc.. My job would be to drink an entire one a day, but still the black outs persisted. My friend told me he had the same issue and his doctor told him it was an electrolite inbalance. So from Senior year till now i have been rocking out Powerade and Gatorade for its goods...

Now with the story out of the way, Is it bad for losing fat, i have 6'1 200 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight for a good month and it does not seem to be working, could it be the gatorate/powerade intake, would it effect my intake in a negative way? I am not blaming my faults or failure to lose weight on a drink, but is there also something out there to give me the electolites without the extra calories?

Also any type of Diet plan you can refer to me would be great, i have a limited resource seeing how i am a college student. In the mean time i will be looking at these posts because i am new and i feel as though i found myself pirates gold...

Thanks in advance,
    Deric

you can try drinking less gatorade but add salt to it. glaceau makes smart water which is supposedly infused with electrolytes but im not sure if that would be a good alternative. you could try taking multi-vitamins if your not already and i would definitely reccomend the salt, its always helped me on days when we have 3-a-day practices.