Hellajeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

monday, wednesday, friday workout split

ive been lifting consistantly for 2 years but in the last 6 months my size has drastically decreased. im 21 and have gone from 205lb to 185lb with a current max bench of 290. strength wise im in great shape, but id like to look like it as well. i lift 5 days a week and generally do 6 exercises per muscle group that i am working that day with 3-4 sets. i eat roughly 3500-4000 calories a day, but im not seeing the results i use to. Am i right in thinking that i need to give more time between my workouts?? my goal is to get back to the 200lb+ range. i was thinking about switching to a routine similar to this.

monday:
    chest/back
    wed:
    shoulders
    friday:
    arms/legs

any advice is greatly appreciated.

chris316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Push/pull/legs would be better

roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) roughneckin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hellajeep View Post
    ive been lifting consistantly for 2 years but in the last 6 months my size has drastically decreased. im 21 and have gone from 205lb to 185lb with a current max bench of 290. strength wise im in great shape, but id like to look like it as well. i lift 5 days a week and generally do 6 exercises per muscle group that i am working that day with 3-4 sets. i eat roughly 3500-4000 calories a day, but im not seeing the results i use to. Am i right in thinking that i need to give more time between my workouts?? my goal is to get back to the 200lb+ range. i was thinking about switching to a routine similar to this.

monday:
    chest/back
    wed:
    shoulders
    friday:
    arms/legs

any advice is greatly appreciated.
    I do my 3-day workouts like this:

Monday:
    Chest - Tri's
    Wed:
    Back - Shoulders
    Friday:
    Legs - Bi's

And I do a Max OT training. I throw a bit of cardio in on off days. My look at it is that I keep the bigger muscle groups, eg: back-legs-chest on different days so I can work them to the max and not trying to wear out another major group at the same time. This is just what has worked for myself and it seems to work, but everyone's body is different. I have lost quite a bit of fat and kept most of my muscle which is what I was aiming for, but when I start to bulk I will use the same system as I have seen it work for lots of other people I workout with and they have done good gains.

Hope I helped

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm confused. Are you surprised your weight is 185 lbs and do you think your workout program has something to do with it? If you want to be heavier you do have to eat enough food to gain weight.

Hellajeep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by roughneckin View Post
    I do my 3-day workouts like this:

Monday:
    Chest - Tri's
    Wed:
    Back - Shoulders
    Friday:
    Legs - Bi's

And I do a Max OT training. I throw a bit of cardio in on off days. My look at it is that I keep the bigger muscle groups, eg: back-legs-chest on different days so I can work them to the max and not trying to wear out another major group at the same time. This is just what has worked for myself and it seems to work, but everyone's body is different. I have lost quite a bit of fat and kept most of my muscle which is what I was aiming for, but when I start to bulk I will use the same system as I have seen it work for lots of other people I workout with and they have done good gains.

Hope I helped
    The advice is greatly appreciated. I started this routine on monday, and im gonna give it 6 weeks or so to see if it turns things around for me.

wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wildbill20056 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    With your weight loss, has your calorie consumption per day fallen or your general activity increased?

This seems far more likely to be responsible for any changes in weight than your lifting regime. You should gain the weight even if it is as fat with a big enough calorie surplus.

Will