Thread: Nrolfw

FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Nrolfw

This is ridiculously embarrassing, cause I feel a total idiot for having to do this, but.. I need to understand the programme so I can do it properly.

Okay so, I got the NROLFW book a day or so ago and have read it through, everything makes sense and I'm mega excited about putting it in to practice, however, for some reason I just can't get my head around the layout of the daily workouts.

Basically at the beginning of the cycle, Stage 1, it mentions working out 3 x weekly and says to alternate between 'Plans A & B'. This I get, but when I'm on the actually page it gives Plan A and several exercises, but it follows with 1,2 then 3,4 and so on. I don't get what these numbers mean. At first I thought it was merely the alternating sets, but it has the same layout even when the sets are none alternating, like a straight set of squats. I'm sorry if this sounds confusing and/or really stupid, but I just don't get it.

Any help will be massively appreciated.
    -= If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail =-

"Don't be disappointed with the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do."

mybell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JP Fitness .jpfitness.com/showthread.php?t=29198&highlight=brainfart

has a whole thread on the set up these workouts.

Week 1
    Workout 1 - A 2x15
    Workout 2 - B 2x15
    Workout 3 - A 2x15

Week2
    Workout 4 - B 2x15
    Workout 5 - A 3x12
    Workout 6 - B 3x12

mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mbts08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    See this spreadsheet, maybe it will help.
    Attached Files
    ~Steph~

Don't reward yourself with food - your not a dog.

fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitnfreshbabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't be embarrassed! There's no such thing as a stupid question

I'm doing the NROL4W too. The numbers are actually the workouts, you do different reps and sets for every two workouts. For example, in Stage 1 you have Workout A and Workout B and you should also have 1-8 listed for each of them. For Workout A #1, do the written reps/sets. Then do Workout B #1 followed by Workout A #2. Workout B #2 would start your next week and you would just continue on from there. I'm pretty sure the workout reps/sets change every 2 workouts. So once you get to Workout A #3, you would do the reps/sets written for those.

Is this making sense? If not, I can try to explain it further. Just let me know - hope this helps!
    If you never do anything differently, how do you expect to see change?

FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoxBlossom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks so much guys for the replies, really means a lot! I was thinking "Omg this book is so awesome but I don't get the routines ARGH!" but definately makes sense now, thank you for the clarification xx
    -= If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail =-

"Don't be disappointed with the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do."

Tanya77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey:-) I need some advice.

I've also just got my copy of NROLFW, I started gym this week. I'm 209lb and would like to lose 55lb, my goal is to lose fat and tone up. I told my trainer I was planning on starting NROLFW. He has never heard of it (this is probably due to the fact that he's only 23 years old...but that's no excuse!). This doesn't inspire much confidence in me to take any further advice he offers. But nevertheless, all the trainers I've spoken to have told me that I need to do cardio for 2 months, toning mixed with cardio for another 3 months and once I'm done with the 5 months can I only then move onto weight training. They, like alot of people, believe that weight training (at my current weight) will bulk me up. I on the other hand am quite eager to give NROLFW a go.

Can I reach my goal weight through the NROLFW programme?

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is no reason to dismiss a trainer because he hasn't heard of this book. It's just yet another workout book (that happens to be decent unlike most), it's not the bible of female lifting. But I do question the other advice. Yes, the book is fine for you and you can achieve your goal with it, but you need to be precise with the nutrition section, that is how you will lose the weight. The lifting is secondary to nutrition.

Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iamjustdenise will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where can I find this book?

Thanks...definitely going to start it!

I'm not putting my trainer down intentionally. It's just that they dole out the advice like a mantra...they're very rigid in their stance on this particular subject i.e 'weight training bulking women up' and they refuse to listen to anything you have to say about your own research on the topic. I'm just a little cautious that's all. I've also been advised against protein shakes...from what I understand, you need protein to repair your muscles after training beacuse they tear when you're training. My trainer insists I do cardio...do my muscles not tear when I do cardio as well? My knowledge is very limited on the subject so please bear with me.
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    There is no reason to dismiss a trainer because he hasn't heard of this book. It's just yet another workout book (that happens to be decent unlike most), it's not the bible of female lifting. But I do question the other advice. Yes, the book is fine for you and you can achieve your goal with it, but you need to be precise with the nutrition section, that is how you will lose the weight. The lifting is secondary to nutrition.

macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000) macgem is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Iamjustdenise View Post
    Where can I find this book?
    I managed to find a second hand copy on eBay.

sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tanya77 View Post
    Hey:-) I need some advice.

I've also just got my copy of NROLFW, I started gym this week. I'm 209lb and would like to lose 55lb, my goal is to lose fat and tone up. I told my trainer I was planning on starting NROLFW. He has never heard of it (this is probably due to the fact that he's only 23 years old...but that's no excuse!). This doesn't inspire much confidence in me to take any further advice he offers. But nevertheless, all the trainers I've spoken to have told me that I need to do cardio for 2 months, toning mixed with cardio for another 3 months and once I'm done with the 5 months can I only then move onto weight training. They, like alot of people, believe that weight training (at my current weight) will bulk me up. I on the other hand am quite eager to give NROLFW a go.

Can I reach my goal weight through the NROLFW programme?

1/ just because a trainer hasn't heard of some obscure prograing sold on the Internet doesn't mean he doesn't know anything. A good personal trainer will make SPECIFIC programs for each individuals wants and needs, not shove a cookie cutter program down someones throat.

2/ if there are multiple trainers at the same facility telling u you have to do all that cardio b4 lifting weights then they should ALL be fired and u should leave that facility immediately.
    That is assinine and totally false information. Science tells us that the worst thing to do for fat loss is steady state cardio. It actually goes further than that in that specifically working out in the FAT BURNING zone on cardio equipment is absolutly the worst place to be. Go to musclecollegeradio and listen to the podcasts there. Ull learn more about fat loss and muscular hypertrophy in 44 mins than ur ever going to learn at ur gym in a lifetime.

Go get urself a membership at a real gym and go lift ur weights. You will be happier, healthier and in better shape.
    Sounds to me like the place ur at now is full of very lazy trainers.

Smile

Thanx for the advice, much appreciated. I'm in the middle of NROLFW and it all makes perfect sense! Super excited to start the programme!
    Originally Posted by sbhf View Post
    1/ just because a trainer hasn't heard of some obscure prograing sold on the Internet doesn't mean he doesn't know anything. A good personal trainer will make SPECIFIC programs for each individuals wants and needs, not shove a cookie cutter program down someones throat.

2/ if there are multiple trainers at the same facility telling u you have to do all that cardio b4 lifting weights then they should ALL be fired and u should leave that facility immediately.
    That is assinine and totally false information. Science tells us that the worst thing to do for fat loss is steady state cardio. It actually goes further than that in that specifically working out in the FAT BURNING zone on cardio equipment is absolutly the worst place to be. Go to musclecollegeradio and listen to the podcasts there. Ull learn more about fat loss and muscular hypertrophy in 44 mins than ur ever going to learn at ur gym in a lifetime.

Go get urself a membership at a real gym and go lift ur weights. You will be happier, healthier and in better shape.
    Sounds to me like the place ur at now is full of very lazy trainers.

NROLFW Workout layout

Hi there:-)

I must be very slow coz I’m having such a hard time understanding the workout layouts.

Do I start Day 1 with Workout A1 and then move to Workout B1 on Day 2. And then Workout A2 on Day 3 and so forth?
    Originally Posted by fitnfreshbabe View Post
    Don't be embarrassed! There's no such thing as a stupid question

I'm doing the NROL4W too. The numbers are actually the workouts, you do different reps and sets for every two workouts. For example, in Stage 1 you have Workout A and Workout B and you should also have 1-8 listed for each of them. For Workout A #1, do the written reps/sets. Then do Workout B #1 followed by Workout A #2. Workout B #2 would start your next week and you would just continue on from there. I'm pretty sure the workout reps/sets change every 2 workouts. So once you get to Workout A #3, you would do the reps/sets written for those.

Is this making sense? If not, I can try to explain it further. Just let me know - hope this helps!