Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Lookin to become a strength and conditioning coach.Is it worth it?The pay?HELP

Well im a junior and high school and this is around the time when everyones figuring out what they want to be.I would love to keep powerlifing after high school.I wish i could just do that and get paid for it but thats not gonna happen.I was considering becomin a strength and conditioning coach or somethin of that nature.I love workin out and learnin about the these things.I basically wanna do something were i can also stay in shape.I've also thought about being in law enforcement but im still not sure.Is there good money in being a strength coach?What other things could I go into?Any help would be appreciated!

Deathwatch Competitor AngeloBangelo's Avatar
    AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloBangelo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well I've looked at different job resumes over the last 6-9 months or so just looking at different salaries for people with that job, as well as their opinion with it. I am also looking into being a strength and conditioning coach. It'd be really fun to do something I like and get paid for it. My instructor for the basic strength and conditioning classes at my college used to be a strength and conditioning coach for a lot of pro sports teams, like the Chicago Blackhawks. I've asked him a lot of questions and he informs me that the salary is above average (He didn't go into detail), but he said it's very rewarding work. I wanted to know a bit more about the salary so I was just looking at what other people average at per year. Most coaches seem to make about 30-50k per year. That's not really above average at all, but my instructor was working with pro teams, so he probably made a lot more. The main thing that attracted me to this job is that I love powerlifting, talking about powerlifting, and teaching other people how to lift in general. This job probably isn't for someone who is insanely dependent on money, but it's probably more to do with the fact that there aren't a lot of jobs in a field like this that pay insanely well, so it's more about enjoying the work. You said you want to also be police officer possibly? I know they don't make much either. It doesn't seem like cash is a huge deal to you, so maybe this is a job you'd enjoy.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me and I'll ask my instructor (We still talk through E-mail even though I'm out of school right now) and get the answers back to you as soon as he responds.

Best of luck, keep us posted.

strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strongman72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I love powerlifting,I love lifting,I love teaching people what I know and I love learning new things in the gym.I just love being in the gym period!Money isnt a huge issue for me.Im not exactly lookin to get rich.That type of thing just doesnt happen for most people.I jus want to be able to make a decent living. Ya know?

ANDROGENICALLY DINABOLTED Audiowaves252's Avatar
    Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You'd make more personal training, after you built the clientele.

RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RProsser922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Audiowaves252 View Post
    You'd make more personal training, after you built the clientele.
    Thats what I plan on doing. I am going to get certified as a Athletic Trainer online, get a degree in Athletic Training or Sports Physiology, and also get certified as a S&C coach. http://www.nsca-lift.org/ I heard its not easy getting certified but im sure its marvelous for your resume. Also, just the simple fact of attending college looks superb on a resume compared to someone who has less education, even if it has nothing to do with the job your applying at. I plan on just working my way up the latter slowly but surely.

Edit: I do believe John Prophet is a personal trainer, im sure he could enlighten us.
    Last edited by RProsser922; 03-18-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Height: 5' 7"
    Weight: 125/137lbs
    Bench: 130/160lbs
    Squat: 250/300lbs(Femur Parallel - Belt)
    Deadlift: 225/275lbs(Sumo - Over/Under Grip - Belt)

Before/After - Started end of December

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    here is my advice....what I WISH id done, lol

first off...making money is a skill, just like anything else. It is a mindset.

if you JUST look at a "job" as your source of income you probably wont get very far. You need to learn about other ways to make money besides just punching a clock.

I recommend the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" which your local library probably has. Books like that can sort of open your mind up to false patterns of thinking etc.

for example...one guy can look at his job as his only income. So he makes $30k a year. Out of that 30k he makes house payments, car payments yada yada. He barely scrapes by.

The next guy starts off with that same 30k coaching job. But he takes that 30k and doesnt buy the house and car and leather jacket and new shoes and motorcycle right away etc. Instead he takes part of his 30k income and he builds himself a website and designs a football or track and field training DVD using the knowledge he has learned training his high school or college kids.

Before long he has $$$ coming in from the DVD and other sales. Thats just ONE tiny example.

So dont ONLY look at "getting a job".....trust me, EVERYONE has a job so why is almost everyone barely getting by, lol. Start studying on how rich people make money...not much of it has to do with "getting a job"
    "Humility comes before honor"

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RProsser922 View Post
    Edit: I do believe John Prophet is a personal trainer, im sure he could enlighten us.

you young guys have it made, lol. I am almost 40 and coming out of a background of poverty on both sides of my family...I am fighting an EXTREME uphill battle, lol.

So yes, I "work for myself" as a personal trainer and also I have run a small computer repair business. I am trying to build up the personal training business which I just started doing last Sept.

if you are starting off young you can PLAN ahead and plan and learn how to build up yourself slowly

learn what "residual income" is etc. Learn about taxes and incorporation.

Here is a little article on how to become the "top trainer" in your area. Notice how it doesnt really have much to do with sets/reps etc http://www.elitefts.com/documents/dominant_trainer.htm

So if you are young....let your friends become the champs and playing Halo 3. Let them spend all of their time and energy learning cheat codes etc...you take your time and get certified and learn about taxes/investments etc

Then when YOU are 40 you wont be trying to scratch out a living like im doing, lol...youll be set and your money will be making money for you

ANDROGENICALLY DINABOLTED Audiowaves252's Avatar
    Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000) Audiowaves252 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post

if you JUST look at a "job" as your source of income you probably wont get very far. You need to learn about other ways to make money besides just punching a clock.

I recommend the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" which your local library probably has. Books like that can sort of open your mind up to false patterns of thinking etc.

for example...one guy can look at his job as his only income. So he makes $30k a year. Out of that 30k he makes house payments, car payments yada yada. He barely scrapes by.

The next guy starts off with that same 30k coaching job. But he takes that 30k and doesnt buy the house and car and leather jacket and new shoes and motorcycle right away etc. Instead he takes part of his 30k income and he builds himself a website and designs a football or track and field training DVD using the knowledge he has learned training his high school or college kids.

Before long he has $$$ coming in from the DVD and other sales. Thats just ONE tiny example.

So dont ONLY look at "getting a job".....trust me, EVERYONE has a job so why is almost everyone barely getting by, lol. Start studying on how rich people make money...not much of it has to do with "getting a job"

Sound advice!

Originally Posted by RProsser922 View Post
    Thats what I plan on doing. I am going to get certified as a Athletic Trainer online, get a degree in Athletic Training or Sports Physiology, and also get certified as a S&C coach. http://www.nsca-lift.org/ I heard its not easy getting certified but im sure its marvelous for your resume. Also, just the simple fact of attending college looks superb on a resume compared to someone who has less education, even if it has nothing to do with the job your applying at. I plan on just working my way up the latter slowly but surely.

This is probably what i'll do too.Its sounds like a good idea that is. Im on my own with college.My family struggles to pay the bills so recieve little help.But with my grades I should be able to get scholarships.

AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000) AceMuscle22 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wink

you young guys have it made, lol. I am almost 40 and coming out of a background of poverty on both sides of my family...I am fighting an EXTREME uphill battle, lol.

So yes, I "work for myself" as a personal trainer and also I have run a small computer repair business. I am trying to build up the personal training business which I just started doing last Sept.

if you are starting off young you can PLAN ahead and plan and learn how to build up yourself slowly

Here is a little article on how to become the "top trainer" in your area. Notice how it doesnt really have much to do with sets/reps etc http://www.elitefts.com/documents/dominant_trainer.htm

So if you are young....let your friends become the champs and playing Halo 3. Let them spend all of their time and energy learning cheat codes etc...you take your time and get certified and learn about taxes/investments etc

Then when YOU are 40 you wont be trying to scratch out a living like im doing, lol...youll be set and your money will be making money for you
    sorry JOhn but halo 3 is not out yet

oops, my nut

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im taking the cscs test later this year, and perhaps the acsm pt test a little afterwards.

knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

I'd just like to add that that link has some great information. Definitely good to know!
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sapper599 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well i can tell you this. I have a degree in Keneisiology and i'm certified by IFPA, CSCS, and I even have my ACSM certification. I worked for HIT center, Golds Gym, and a rehabilitation center. The money as a trainer wasn't consistant. It really depends on your area and how well you can sell yourself. Not how good of a trainer but rather how good your personal skills are. The money lies in middle age woman not athletes. The hospital work was more consistant but not near as much as I make with the Federal Bereau of prisons. So that was my route. Set out to be a trainer now i'm a corrections officer waiting on a position in Recreation to open up at the prison.

Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Perceptionist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'll tell you straight up most strengh and conditioning coaches do not make good money. Of course there are some that do, but most do not. If you want to even be close to a premiere s&c coach you need to go to school and get your B.S. in exercise physiology, kinesiology, or a related field..at the same time find a mentor or a advisor, or even a top notch s&c coach (college or professional level) that can take you under his wing. You can then get your CSCS and get some work experience and even volunteer your time with other s&c coaches. During that time you can go for your MS or even your PhD in a related field. You can do your research with a sports team, anything that can help build PR and get your foot in the door. Remember it's not always what you know, it's who you know. Also never bring that know it all attitute, cause chances are you know nothing right now. Keep a open mind and keep learning. Then and maybe then you'll have a shot at working for a professional team. That's the straight up reality and the $ is still nothing spectacular, but hey you'll most likely love your job.

about making $? what JP was pretty much saying is investing. He used providing a service as a example. The hard part is finding that service that you can market and actually make some $ on. Don't we all wish we created youtube or myspace? what these guys have in common is they created a service and knew how to market it. That's why you always see these wierd inventions or ideas, trends popping out of nowhere. Providing that service or product that was either nonexistent (which is rare these days, don't recreate the wheel!) or not marketed correctly (modify the wheel!) is a way to really make the $$$. The hardest part is coming up with the idea and making it work. Then there is investing in property, stocks, etc...

Some of you kids will learn some day, some won't...

ok bye.
    The Percepta @ 165ah

Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibanez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Professional sport teams will get you good money, but other minor league type organizations will only grant you part time money; so nothing much to live on.

Yeah, the personal trainers I have talked to say it's more about marketing yourself. Some guy actually grew to hate personal training because he would end up with middle aged women that just wanted someone to talk to.

rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rm41400 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

ditto on the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book. I have read it twice and made my wife read it! Everyone should read it. It leaves alot for you to figure out and research but it should help with your mindset.

Got Pipeline? lol

Registered abUser irongrasshopper's Avatar
    irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50) irongrasshopper will become famous soon enough. (+50)

thnx for the article it was really helpful and has given me the confidence to go for this, people had been telling me "it might not work", "why not just work in a gym and get a guaranteed income", but if one thing i have learnt from being a sales consultant it is that to be successful u have to listen to people who are successful. also i think other books to read aswell; how to win friends and influence people, how to be a sales superstar-brian tracey, master the art of selling- tom hopkins...... these books have helped me at selling and not just product but selling yourself, also found that your attitude determines everything

Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    It aint a full time job either. You could probably do it after your normal job.
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

Originally Posted by irongrasshopper View Post
    thnx for the article it was really helpful and has given me the confidence to go for this, people had been telling me "it might not work", "why not just work in a gym and get a guaranteed income", but if one thing i have learnt from being a sales consultant it is that to be successful u have to listen to people who are successful. also i think other books to read aswell; how to win friends and influence people, how to be a sales superstar-brian tracey, master the art of selling- tom hopkins...... these books have helped me at selling and not just product but selling yourself, also found that your attitude determines everything

do yourself a favor and listen to this one a few dozen times. Its very deep http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

jesus thinks youre a jerk ehlpitel's Avatar
    ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting that this thread gets bumped now.

I'm actually about to transfer to get a BS in Exercise physiology and am hoping to get into strength coaching.

We'll see what happens.
    How many gymrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Seven. One to screw in the bulb and six to say, "Bro, you're huge, man! Ripped!"

Im going into to college and am going to double major in a kinesiology field.One for strength and conditioning coachin and the other for Physical therapy.

I figure I could do both.

lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000) lifterg is just really nice. (+1000)
    A few things to add, since I have been an assistant with a division 1 team and currently own gyms.

The coaching positions are a good old boy network. Where you do your internship wi have more to do with getting a position than your grades or degree. Also realize that you will have no job security. When the head coach gets fired, you will too. If you do not want to move every few years wrong job.

The positions don't pay well. Yes the NFL guys get bank. When I left, I was offered a position as head at a smaler Ivy League school, and an assistant at a big D1 school. Neither paid a reasonable living, that was when I got out of coaching.

Personal trainering is a crappy way to make a living. They were described in an article as "the fry cooks of the fitness industry" and that is pretty close. Many gym owners view training as a necessary exil because most gyms actually loose money on training. That makes trainers very low on their priority list. Our big gym makes money every month, has about 5500 members and PT barely breaks even. Selling memberships wil make you more money, have better advanement potential and do more to teach you how to run your own club.

For those of you looking at a career in fitness, I would recommend minoring in marketing or business. Your desirability as an employee is based on your ability to make the owner money, not your knowledge o fitness.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've thought about making a small training facility when I retire, (in 20 years) geared toward training atheletes and serious competitive lifters.

This would be more for my enjoyment than a money maker though, as I don't see it making much money.

Who knows, I may not give a **** in 20 years anyway
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

corbs2424 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strength and Conditioning Coach....

In the fitness industry this is the best job hands down
    sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5310210

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What you should do is open a facility that trains athletes, which is not affiliated with a university. That way you can charge $200/hr for training a group of athletes.
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by corbs2424 View Post
    In the fitness industry this is the best job hands down
    sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5310210
    Strong first post.
    "Rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. " 1 Timothy 4:7-8

TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gekkoboy14 View Post
    What you should do is open a facility that trains athletes, which is not affiliated with a university. That way you can charge $200/hr for training a group of athletes
    This could work... just be sure you are licensed so you don't get sued though. Oh, and the waivers... definitely a must.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    strong thread necro
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

FitNeverQuit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitNeverQuit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitNeverQuit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FitNeverQuit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Collegiate strength and conditioning has grown tremendously over the last few decades. If you are seriously considering this as a profession, you truly have to commit to it. Most major universities are public thus their coaches salaries are made public. Most top-tear programs (Big X, Pac 12, Big XII) the head S&C coaches are earning well over $100k each year and assistant are less than half that. Currently, NCCA division 1 has a little over 100 programs with S&C coaches for various sports. To get into one of these programs you have to GRIND and get to know the right people. So realistically this isn't for everyone and you must be willing to make some sacrifices. Personally, after playing collegiately (Big XII football 2002-2004) I have decided to make S&C a reality. After graduating with my B.S. (Psychology) I earned my NSCA CSCS and CPT ***** and began personal training at Gold's Gym. Trust me, after nearly a 1 1/2 of PT the life isn't glamorous. All commission based but Gold's takes 60% cut....ouch. Not very stable, first paycheck took a month and was a wooping $40. Takes time to build clients but can be done. Currently, I'm 3 classes shy of my second B.S. (Kinesiology degree) and interning with the same Big XII football program. In the spring, I will graduate and intern again at another Big XII school with my former S&C. These internships are unpaid but necesscary to build my resume and get your foot in the door. I am lucky to know a lot of people in the field but still must attain my Master's degree and be and assistant for several years to earn a head job somewhere. So in the end, it has taken a lot of work and I'm not doing it for the $$$, because there isn't any $$$ until you get in the right situition, which takes time. If you're going to do it, do it cause you love it.