MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow Bulking Diet Help!

Hi.
    To start off, i'm a 5'11, 168lb ectomorph (not extreme ecto). Since september i have began a bulking diet and have put on about 6kg so far. I currently do rowing as my main sport and as you may or may not know, it mostly includes cardio. I train everyday of the week, apart from wednesday and sunday. Approx 3 weights sessions, the other 4 cardio.

My diet/routine is as follows:

7am: 4 boiled eggs, 1 bowl of porridge
    11am: 1 tub of tuna pasta (medium size)
    1:30pm/Lunchtime: Nothing
    4:00pm: Training for 2 hours max
    6:00pm: 1 tub of tuna pasta (medium size)
    7:00pm: Dinner, 1 meat 2 veg
    10:00pm: 4 boiled eggs then bed

Although i've put on some weight, i feel like i'm making slow progress because i'm missing out a meal at lunch etc..

How would you improve this diet, so that i can put on more weight and bulk more?
    What foods would you suggest i should change/add in?
    What can i eat and lunch, that i'm not already?

Thankyou so much for your help!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (P.s, i need foods high in carbs due to the huge amount of cardio i have to do)

Picture taken before bulk, i don't look much different atm
    Attached Images

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Firstly, you're not an "ectomorph" because ****totypes are just disproven nonsense.

Secondly, the names of the foods you eat, the times of the day when you eat and the frequency of your meals are largely irrelevant to the outcome of your diet.

What matters is total daily energy intake and micro/macronutrient sufficiency.

That said, one thing is obvious: your intake of tuna is sufficiently high to pose a health risk.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MadStrong View Post
    How would you improve this diet,
    The first thing I'd do is drop the 'ecto' tag. The second thing I'd do is to get rid of the tuna.

Then I'd start reading here:

*Emma-Leigh's Nutrition for noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadStrong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    get rid of the tuna.
    Thanks for the reply. Why should i stop eating the tuna?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MadStrong View Post
    Why should i stop eating the tuna?
    Possibility of mercury contamination. Not worth the risk IMO.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733