underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy gaining muscle during basketball season

I have recently started lifting. but How would i be able to gain lean muscle during basketball season? I'm only 136 lbs at 5'8and have a small frame. i need to do some bulking because my weight (and strength) are my biggest weakness.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, and my maintenance calories are at 2100. I also have 2 and a half hour practices mon-fri.

Im trying to bulk, but its hard to with basketball practice and lifting during one day. I also want my bulk to be as clean as possible. any advice? I'm not seeing any gains even if i eat a lot and when i do its mostly fat.

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5 days in the gym? Plz dont tell me your doing a 5 day split..

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by underdawg17 View Post
    I have recently started lifting. but How would i be able to gain lean muscle during basketball season? I'm only 136 lbs at 5'8and have a small frame. i need to do some bulking because my weight (and strength) are my biggest weakness.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, and my maintenance calories are at 2100. I also have 2 and a half hour practices mon-fri.

Im trying to bulk, but its hard to with basketball practice and lifting during one day. I also want my bulk to be as clean as possible. any advice? I'm not seeing any gains even if i eat a lot and when i do its mostly fat.
    easy eat more food try gain .5-1lb a week do what you got to do to do that - add in more carbs fats ect

how long have you been lifting for ?

whats your split like

whats your macros on training days

how much are you gaining a week

are you getting enough sleep
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandtw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Simple answer to your problem, eat more and lift HEAVY weights. You should struggle to get 6 reps
    Wrestling isnt just a sport. Its a way of life.

J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) J_dazzle23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Brandtw View Post
    Simple answer to your problem, eat more and lift HEAVY weights. You should struggle to get 6 reps
    Honestly man, I would only lift to maintain during season, unless you have NO doms. If you are lifting heavy on legs or arms, shoulders, that will throw your game way off if it gets you sore. And if you are playing high school basketball, there is no way in gods green earth that your TDEE is 2100. Unless you are halfassing it in practice, it would be at LEAST 2500. I was eating 4000 EASY in high school playing ball at 170lbs.
    NASM CPT

schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000) schabowy90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i dont have much problem putting on weight during the hockey season lol.

i can eat and eat and eat.

we have practice tues thurs, games fri sat. so i do legs monday, am sore for tuesdays practice, but ok for the games.

sunday-backbi
    monday-legs
    wednesday-chesttri
    thursday or friday-shoulders
    Snatch: 122
    CJ: 142

Log: http://adamkosna.blogspot.com/

underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) underdawg17 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post
    5 days in the gym? Plz dont tell me your doing a 5 day split..
    No i'm doing a two day split where i hit each body part twice a week, evenly spaced out. then, i include an extra leg day and i only work that once a week.

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    easy eat more food try gain .5-1lb a week do what you got to do to do that - add in more carbs fats ect

how long have you been lifting for ?

whats your split like

whats your macros on training days

how much are you gaining a week

are you getting enough sleep

I have been lifting for about 2 months. my splits are as i mentioned above. my macros on training days are 60 carbs/ 25 protein/ 15 fat.
    i have ONLY gained weight the first couple weeks (noob gains), and since then I've stayed at the same weight/strength. it's really discouraging.
    I try to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep, though its mainly on the 7 side. Sometimes 6 hours, but that's rarely.

Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    Honestly man, I would only lift to maintain during season, unless you have NO doms. If you are lifting heavy on legs or arms, shoulders, that will throw your game way off if it gets you sore. And if you are playing high school basketball, there is no way in gods green earth that your TDEE is 2100. Unless you are halfassing it in practice, it would be at LEAST 2500. I was eating 4000 EASY in high school playing ball at 170lbs.
    And, sorry, i meant that my TDEE is 2100 while being sedentary. idk what my TRUE TDEE would be if i had school, then2 hour practice, an then gym.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what 60g of carbs :|

is that in total or %

i mean total if so .. like total calories
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No i'm doing a two day split where i hit each body part twice a week, evenly spaced out. then, i include an extra leg day and i only work that once a week.
    ?? Can you explain? It doesn't make sense

List it out

jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jon1995 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    honestly, i would just do something like push/pull rest push/pull rest rest. I say this because my basketball practices last year were a sh!!!tload of running and my legs were destroyed all the time, but this year i decided not to tryout so i dont have to worry

but you probably need upwards of 4k IMHO, how long are your practices? If there three hours like mine were 7days a week plus 5 days of lifting you might need 5k. Trust me when i say this, last year i ate 1.8k-2k a day and lost a sh!!!ton of muscle and started to suck until i upped my calories...dont eat too little, thats another reason i didnt do it this year

Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Womperz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel you dude, but as someone who played both high school and D3 ball, I can tell you that you really shouldn't worry about muscle during the season. With the amount of calories you will burn running all day you just want to try to maintain strength and worry about those W's. Get strong in the offseason.
    Fine is for the guy who took a nap instead of sprinting around town in torrential downpour. Fine is for the guy who got the job, but not the one he wanted. That guy made second place. He has never embraced pain, personal sacrifice, or thrown himself into the fires of dedication. That guy is not me.