JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How do my macros look like?

I am 5'11 and weigh 170 pounds. My Goal is to get cut and defined, not bulky.
    I'm currently using redpointfitness to do all the math for me. My caloric intake will be 1600.

A normal day looks like this: 155g of protein, 86g of fats, 12g of carbs.
    On a workout day, redpoint gives me: 170g of protein, 93g of fats, 19g of carbs.

Does anything look weird? let me know your opinions

pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pedrorofer92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    need more fat

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    This is what Redpoint says your macros should be on a keto diet? Redpoint is off. You calorie intake should be about 2000. Keto is a high fat diet. You're protein is almost double that of your fat.

JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Leadreign View Post
    This is what Redpoint says your macros should be on a keto diet? Redpoint is off. You calorie intake should be about 2000. Keto is a high fat diet. You're protein is almost double that of your fat.
    ya that's what it gives me. I manually input the 1600 cals and it just gave me the recipies and how many grams of each food i need to eat.
    From what I understand about the keto diet, it is that the grams of fat need not be high, but the calories from fat need to be high. I have around 90 grams of fat and there's 10 calories per gram of fat so that's 900 calories which is more than the calories i get from my protein.

calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnDizzle888 View Post
    ya that's what it gives me. I manually input the 1600 cals and it just gave me the recipies and how many grams of each food i need to eat.
    From what I understand about the keto diet, it is that the grams of fat need not be high, but the calories from fat need to be high. I have around 90 grams of fat and there's 10 calories per gram of fat so that's 900 calories which is more than the calories i get from my protein.
    It should be a percentage of your overall daily values.
    Generally people do 5% carbs, 30% protein, and 65% fat.

1g carbs/protein=4 cal
    1g fat= 9 cal

So basically if you eat 150g of protein, that's 600 calories, and 37% of your daily intake (based on 1600).

spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spanishricer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm just curious why your calorie intake is so low? I'm about your height/weight, and my maintenance is about 3000 calories. Taking into account that I might be more physically active than you, I would still figure you would need at least 2000 calories?

What kind of weightlifting are you doing, and how often?

Originally Posted by spanishricer View Post
    I'm just curious why your calorie intake is so low? I'm about your height/weight, and my maintenance is about 3000 calories. Taking into account that I might be more physically active than you, I would still figure you would need at least 2000 calories?

What kind of weightlifting are you doing, and how often?
    because I want to stay around 170 pounds but look ripped. I don't really want to go up to 190 or so.
    Looking around the forums, i've noticed that people that are eating 2000 cals a day are around 200 lbs and above.
    For example: Kizzito Ejam who is featured on bodybuilding is eating 2000 cals a day and he looks pretty huge and although i do want to look ripped, i don't want to be THAT huge. I lift 3 times a week and I do 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week.

Also, I'm starting to doubt redpoint fitness. I mean the program that it runs on doesn't take height or LBM into account. You just enter your caloric target and it distributes that grams however it does. I've read that oyu need 1 pound of protein per pound of muscle, which is 141 for me but i'm getting 155 on non workout days and 170 on workout days...

And on top of that, redpoint gives me two different sets of macro nutrients! one for a workout-day and another for a non-workout day. Now I've never heard of anyone having two slightly different keto diets for a work-out and non-workout day... One more thing, after findout out the calories for both types of days, I found out that i consume 1528 cals on a non workout day and 1686 on a workout day! wtf???

calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calutaxi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnDizzle888 View Post
    because I want to stay around 170 pounds but look ripped. I don't really want to go up to 190 or so.
    Looking around the forums, i've noticed that people that are eating 2000 cals a day are around 200 lbs and above.
    For example: Kizzito Ejam who is featured on bodybuilding is eating 2000 cals a day and he looks pretty huge and although i do want to look ripped, i don't want to be THAT huge. I lift 3 times a week and I do 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week.

Also, I'm starting to doubt redpoint fitness. I mean the program that it runs on doesn't take height or LBM into account. You just enter your caloric target and it distributes that grams however it does. I've read that oyu need 1 pound of protein per pound of muscle, which is 141 for me but i'm getting 155 on non workout days and 170 on workout days...

And on top of that, redpoint gives me two different sets of macro nutrients! one for a workout-day and another for a non-workout day. Now I've never heard of anyone having two slightly different keto diets for a work-out and non-workout day... One more thing, after findout out the calories for both types of days, I found out that i consume 1528 cals on a non workout day and 1686 on a workout day! wtf???
    You should be fine with your protein intake as is.
    Having slightly different macros surrounding your workout is called a TKD. Where basically you add in some carbs either pre/post workout.

A good starting place on where to ballpark your daily calorie needs is bodyweight*15. So in your case, maintenance should be around 2550. You can always mess with it, and adjust it. It's a decent place to start though.

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    Your maintain is at 2550. Try for 2000.

Originally Posted by calutaxi View Post
    You should be fine with your protein intake as is.
    Having slightly different macros surrounding your workout is called a TKD. Where basically you add in some carbs either pre/post workout.

A good starting place on where to ballpark your daily calorie needs is bodyweight*15. So in your case, maintenance should be around 2550. You can always mess with it, and adjust it. It's a decent place to start though.
    calutaxi, I don't think I'm on a tkd because i'm not eating carbs before or after my workout. In fact, it tells me to take only whey isolate after a workout.
    the only difference (carb-wise) between a workout and nonworkout day is that i eat 7 more grams of carbs on a workout day. but they are spread through out the day. So i still find it weird how the macros change according to if i work out or not.

and leadreign. If i were to up the calories to 2000 would just mean 40 more grams of fat right? I mean i think i'm ok with the amount of protein I'm taking.