ForumFiend4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Electronic Muscle Stimulator (Tens Unit)

Do they work for muscle growth? Anyone use them for training?

I got one prescribed for my lower back injury and it has been helping me these past few weeks. Since I have been out of the gym and curious/bored I have been messing around with putting the pads on different muscle groups. I did not notice a single thing in till I put them on my biceps. I have never had a sicker pump, and it took four days for my arms to fully recover. I did it again yesterday and had to write this post because I am sore as hell again.
    I know this can not replace lifting, but I swear I feel like had the best bicep workout ever.

Anyone involve EMS in their routine? Am I sore from fast contractions/twitching or just wasting batteries?

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hear that's all Ronnie Coleman used to get to his current size. We're all losers for busting our asses when you can have muscular growth from an electrocuting device.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.18

I HATE lightbulbs.

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ForumFiend4 View Post
    Do they work for muscle growth? Anyone use them for training?

I got one prescribed for my lower back injury and it has been helping me these past few weeks. Since I have been out of the gym and curious/bored I have been messing around with putting the pads on different muscle groups. I did not notice a single thing in till I put them on my biceps. I have never had a sicker pump, and it took four days for my arms to fully recover. I did it again yesterday and had to write this post because I am sore as hell again.
    I know this can not replace lifting, but I swear I feel like had the best bicep workout ever.

Anyone involve EMS in their routine? Am I sore from fast contractions/twitching or just wasting batteries?
    Well, studies have shown that the important thing is that the muscle is fatigued, and if it feels like the best bicep workout ever, maybe it is... though I've always believed that EMS was a piece of junk that didn't do anything.

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IEatPowerRacks View Post
    Well, studies have shown that the important thing is that the muscle is fatigued, and if it feels like the best bicep workout ever, maybe it is... though I've always believed that EMS was a piece of junk that didn't do anything.
    Yeah, I know my legs benefit much more from doing hundreds of bodyweight squats vs squats with 400+ pounds. I feel more tired doing 500 bodyweight squats, they must be working.

I honestly don't even see a reason to lift actual weights, I mean we can all just throw our arms and legs around to fatigue and get better results.

I HATE lightbulbs.

thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thousand has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
    Yeah, I know my legs benefit much more from doing hundreds of bodyweight squats vs squats with 400+ pounds. I feel more tired doing 500 bodyweight squats, they must be working.

I honestly don't even see a reason to lift actual weights, I mean we can all just throw our arms and legs around to fatigue and get better results.
    yup, that's right

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Actually, just don't sleep, then your whole body will be fatigued.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Actually, just don't sleep, then your whole body will be fatigued.

I never thought of that. Hopefully by the weekend I'll put on 50lbs of LBM from not sleeping and being in a constant state of fatigue.

I HATE lightbulbs.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I never thought of that. Hopefully by the weekend I'll put on 50lbs of LBM from not sleeping and being in a constant state of fatigue.
    LMAO, repped. Laghing at the name of the site that picture cam from too, haha..

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Electric stimulation is several things but not what you think...A tens unit is used to block pain at the nerve level. If you place it on a motor point(where the muscle activity center is) you can get a contraction but the cycle of a tens unit is that it stays pretty constant. So you will fatigue the muscle but this will not be the stimulus to get it to become larger. A muscle stimulator which I do not believe you have for your back has more ability to cycle the contractility of the muscle and it does work at the muscle level is good at awakening a muscle that has not been firing, think spinal cord injury folks- the late Christopher Reeve and how he was able to walk when paralyzed from the neck down. I have not seen any studies done on regular people to build muscle with the unit. Again I have used it when people say injure their knee. Not for pain control but to improve a muscular balance. If you think it helps then use it, it may just be the placebo you are looking for!

ForumFiend4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yitmy View Post
    Electric stimulation is several things but not what you think...A tens unit is used to block pain at the nerve level. If you place it on a motor point(where the muscle activity center is) you can get a contraction but the cycle of a tens unit is that it stays pretty constant. So you will fatigue the muscle but this will not be the stimulus to get it to become larger. A muscle stimulator which I do not believe you have for your back has more ability to cycle the contractility of the muscle and it does work at the muscle level is good at awakening a muscle that has not been firing, think spinal cord injury folks- the late Christopher Reeve and how he was able to walk when paralyzed from the neck down. I have not seen any studies done on regular people to build muscle with the unit. Again I have used it when people say injure their knee. Not for pain control but to improve a muscular balance. If you think it helps then use it, it may just be the placebo you are looking for!
    thanks

dhill275 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking to purchase and EMS unit, currently researching. Any thoughts/advice on a particular brand or configuration (power, number of programs, etc.)?

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dhill275 View Post
    Looking to purchase and EMS unit, currently researching. Any thoughts/advice on a particular brand or configuration (power, number of programs, etc.)?
    I have an Omron HV-F128. It works well and the re-usable electrode pads last for ages.

https://www.amazon.com/Omron-Electro...rds=omron+tens

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I received this unit free with an order of stuff for our dogs. Works surprisingly well. However, this is the only tens unit I have ever used. Curious what the more expensive units offer.

http://www.shopmedvet.com/product/89...nt-furnishings
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------