2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

(Troy Plates)Opinions if this is a good deal or not.

Seems to be the best deal I have seen so far on new, decent quality plates. 600 lb set for 849.00 with free shipping. What does everyone think? These are the interlocking Troy Plates, not rubber coated though.

Tried to post the link but only have 10 posts. The website is impulsefitness.com, anyone have experience with them?
    Last edited by 2MoreRepz; 11-09-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: additional information

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're talking about the GO-V model plates, no, you can find it for much less than that. Not every place will have a 600lb set listed, but you can get maybe a 300lb or 500lb set and add the extra plates.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) StephanBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2MoreRepz View Post
    Seems to be the best deal I have seen so far on new, decent quality plates. 600 lb set for 849.00 with free shipping. What does everyone think? These are the interlocking Troy Plates, not rubber coated though.

Tried to post the link but only have 10 posts. The website is impulsefitness.com, anyone have experience with them?
    Did you order the interlocking plates from them? I've been looking at the same plates for a while but haven't made the jump yet.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StephanBB View Post
    Did you order the interlocking plates from them? I've been looking at the same plates for a while but haven't made the jump yet.
    Although your question wasn't directed at me... The employee gym (nice perk!) at the company where I worked had the Troy rubber encased interlocking plates. I used them every day for three years. I thought they were nice... though not as nice as Ivanko revolvers... in more ways than one. They're easy to carry. The rubber encased plates are quiet too --no rattle. I didn't notice a rubber smell but the plates were in a large and well ventilated gym.

http://www.troybarbell.com/items.asp...mber=8&item=96

I haven't seen the uncoated plates in person. My guess is that they won't look as nice as the coated plates since the rubber covers the casting imperfections... but it's just a guess.

http://www.troybarbell.com/items.asp...mber=8&item=77

I saw some rubber encased plates used for 80 cents a pound but they're 4 hour drive for me and they didn't have 45s.

If you're talking about Troy VTX plates, those are definitely nothin' special.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Oh, one more thing. The interlocking feature basically creates one big block of weights. But only if you use a collar. And only if you spin the weights to line them up so the lock in place. They'll wiggle free if you don't use a collar. And a lot of guys just threw them on the bars without bothering to line them up. I don't know if there's any benefit in respect to the number of plates you can fit on a bar. I doubt it but I haven't measured the thickness of the plates.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50) joegabo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wink My thoughts...

Hello,

Although this may not be directly an answer to your question, I have always found that there is little benefit to buying new when it comes to gym equipment for personal use. The life span of most commercial quality equipment is quite substantial which in effect makes it extremely attractive to buy used, as there is a surplus of used equipment from gyms both going under or upgrading for tax/aesthetic reasons...

To me the savings of buying used far outweigh the benefit of perfect paint/rubber coatings ect.. Plus with the money you save at buying for over half off would almost fund a vacation/other equipment/supplements/child education... (well for me anyway as I can do anything on a tight budget)

It may take a little time to find such a deal but I live in Canada where nothing is in quite the abundance that it is in the USA. (makes me quite jealous some times but at least time is on my side and patience is a virtue)

Best of luck either way you go.

Take care,
    Joe

2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2MoreRepz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No I decided against purchasing these. I have accumulated all of my other equipment through craigslist deals, I am just not having any luck on finding quality plates within a reasonable driving distance. The gym that I was a member of also had the rubber coated Troy plates, they seemed high quality. I would much rather have some Ivankos if I had my choice, but price is a factor.

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My main set of plates is Troy Interloc un-coated. Personally, I love them.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have about 5-600 lbs of uncoated troy interlocking plates. I bought them at .69 per pound and and totally happy with them. They're much, much better than the weider's and CAP's I was going from which I easily resold at .50 per pound.

jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000) jtaliani is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    I have about 5-600 lbs of uncoated troy interlocking plates. I bought them at .69 per pound and and totally happy with them. They're much, much better than the weider's and CAP's I was going from which I easily resold at .50 per pound.
    Was this a used deal? If purchased new, do you mind sharing the source? Thanks!

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jtaliani View Post
    Was this a used deal? If purchased new, do you mind sharing the source? Thanks!
    Yes, it was a used deal...somebody selling off plates out of a gym to replace them with rubber ones I think. My point was just that I did pay over .50 per pound and don't regret it...every so often in my area a big plate sell off will happen with some decent plates but I don't see ivanko's too much.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, there is a bunch of Keys Fitness grip plates listed on GovDeals.com in Lewisville Tx. You might get them cheap- don't know how long of a drive it would be.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 2MoreRepz View Post
    No I decided against purchasing these. I have accumulated all of my other equipment through craigslist deals, I am just not having any luck on finding quality plates within a reasonable driving distance. The gym that I was a member of also had the rubber coated Troy plates, they seemed high quality. I would much rather have some Ivankos if I had my choice, but price is a factor.
    Are you looking only for Troy or coated plates? If you are willing to drive a little, I can give u links to some good plates that are sitting on CL rt now.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

No, I'm never against a drive. Unfortunately I have had to drive a minimum of 5 hours round trip to pick up all of my equipment. Right now I'm using a buddies plates that are in the oddball sizes of 44, 44, 22, and 11 lbs. I'm not dead set on a certain brand, any quality plate at a good deal I would be interested in. When I was thinking about biting the bullet and buying new plates the Troy Interlocks seemed to be a good plate at a good value, and no I'm not only looking for coated plates.

hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulked will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Then, you can look at thisL

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/spo/3433165664.html

If you are ok to drive to Austin, there are some Ivankos that u can pick up.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #24 ()---()

Nice find!! I will look into this.