Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Steak and Egg Keto diet

I read about this diet, somewhere. Has anyone ever tried it? Id like to see how it went. thanks.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It works. It's simple. It will freak out your friend and family. Possibly not worth it unless you live on your own.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EndingPhase has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Why would it freak them out? Just eating the same thing day in day out? Or is there some freaky secret ? lol

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Considering that the average person thinks any keto diet is a heart attack on a plate, a diet of just eggs and steak will totally freak them. You'll be eating lots of eggs, so expect to hear all the reasons why your cholesterol level will be higher than the national debt, and endless lectures about how red meat spends five years rotting in your gut.

Ahh i see. I guess i will stick to my regular plan. =)

You can always vary it. Do steak and eggs when you are on your own, normal keto with your family.

I suspect that when I come back from Italy, I'll be on some version of steak and eggs to make up for all the pizza I'll be eating.

dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EndingPhase View Post
    Ahh i see. I guess i will stick to my regular plan. =)
    No do it if that's what you want.

I eat largely like that and a recent blood test shows my cholesterol is fine. My waist shrinks on nearly a daily basis while the rest of me just looks more cut all the time. I've only been at it 5 weeks to!

Lol, does the steak and egg diet work better or does it not matter as long as your in keteosis?

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    steak and eggs = leanest ive ever been

and its easy

Question: Can it be eggs and ground beef? Or does it have to be a cut of meat?

ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ericpeavey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    any fatty meat man. it doesnt matter.
    This is the God
    This is the Gun
    One is for killing
    One is for fun

robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im a steak and eggs veteran haha! yeh man just do it . get ripped in about 6 wks. cycle off it and eat at normal maintnence cals using standard keto for about 2 wks then cycle back on steak and eggs if desired. refeed every 10 days. 24 hour refeed eating about 7-8g carbs per lb/LBM.
    "If you have the desire or ability to talk between sets then you aren't working out." - Mike Mentzer

Originally Posted by robbytjohn View Post
    im a steak and eggs veteran haha! yeh man just do it . get ripped in about 6 wks. cycle off it and eat at normal maintnence cals using standard keto for about 2 wks then cycle back on steak and eggs if desired. refeed every 10 days. 24 hour refeed eating about 7-8g carbs per lb/LBM.
    Well im tryin to cut.. im at 285.. down from 300. Im just looking at diffent types of keto. So its pretty much meet the macros with the meat and eggs and im good to go?

robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) robbytjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well im tryin to cut.. im at 285.. down from 300. Im just looking at diffent types of keto. So its pretty much meet the macros with the meat and eggs and im good to go?
    dont worry about keto macros when youre doing steak n eggs. when i was eating 6 times a day (which is how often i was eating last time i did steak-n-eggs) , i was eating about 3-4oz steak and 3-4 eggs at every meal , along with unlimited broc , 6 fish oil caps a day and 2 multis a day. and ALOT of h20.

just lift heavy and do a full body depletion workout before your refeed.
    Last edited by robbytjohn; 03-22-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    "If you have the desire or ability to talk between sets then you aren't working out." - Mike Mentzer

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by robbytjohn View Post
    dont worry about keto macros when youre doing steak n eggs. when i was eating 6 times a day (which is how often i was eating last time i did steak-n-eggs) , i was eating about 3-4oz steak and 3-4 eggs at every meal , along with unlimited broc , 6 fish oil caps a day and 2 multis a day. and ALOT of h20.

just lift heavy and do a full body depletion workout before your refeed.
    what calories do u range in doing steak n eggs? or do u even count?

i know vince g said to have unlimited....but yeah

also do u fry your eggs in butter etc

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP -- do this and see your body do some truly amazing things...my suggestion, don't try and run a big claorie defecit.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

Originally Posted by lbendall View Post

i followed vinces suggestion as far as not counting cals , but i didnt follow his suggestion pertaining to unlimited quantities of steak or eggs. i rarely added any extra goodies to the meals , except some cajun seasoning salt or a tblsp of mayo . if i remember correctly the steak was about 210 or so cals per 3 oz and eggs are 70cals each , so whatever that is total. im too lazy to add.

I kind of did a quick thing to figure calories and what not, and didnt realize that it pretty much is perfect keto macros. 12 eggs a day and roughly 20oz of ground beef (which is the meat i prefer since its easy and fast to cook in large amounts) about 2500 calories

TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ground Beef is high in fat. Yes, the diet will still work from a ketogenic perspective. But, the idea is to eat leaner meats. Otherwise it would be called the "Meat and Egg diet".

Simply, eat eye round, bottom round, roast beef, etc. stay away from chuck steak, ground beef, processed meats.
    Current Diet: Turkey, Chicken, Steak, Eggs, Yogurt, Rice, Salad and Steamed Veggies. (60/30/10 ratio)

Current Supplements: Desiccated Liver Tablets, Muscle Milk, Multivitamin, Vanadyl Sulfate, Nitrix, Flax Seed Oil, Saw Palmento and Calcium/Magnezium supplements.

TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The best results are achieved from monitoring calorie rations with a calorie deficiency; though you dont necessary need too because protein and fats satiate your appetite longer, so you end up eating less anyways.
    Current Diet: Turkey, Chicken, Steak, Eggs, Yogurt, Rice, Salad and Steamed Veggies. (60/30/10 ratio)

Current Supplements: Desiccated Liver Tablets, Muscle Milk, Multivitamin, Vanadyl Sulfate, Nitrix, Flax Seed Oil, Saw Palmento and Calcium/Magnezium supplements.

PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PyroBurns has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you sure about the lean meat thing? Protein would far surpass the fat.

And I just got my hopes up knowing I could use ground beef. Steak is way too expensive to be chowing on all day everyday.
    ≡nlightenment €rew

I think the ground beef should be fine, considering most cuts are way less in fats. Pretty much changing the whole keto diet. into a morphed version. am i wrong?

joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    steak and eggs = leanest ive ever been

and its easy
    X2

I am counting calories though. I seriously love this diet.

Why the heck would you eat lean cuts of meat? This diet is about FAT.

Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by joejoebaggins View Post
    X2

I am counting calories though. I seriously love this diet.

Why the heck would you eat lean cuts of meat? This diet is about FAT.
    If I did this I would use ground beef. Not just for the expense issue but I would also want more fat than protein.
    Keto dropped > 125lbs

Currently bulking

randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) randyrock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can also buy lean grond beef (like 95% lean)

eye round steak is dirt cheap. eat both. end of problem.

Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaws08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its the only way to eat

Steak though is much better than ground beef. Having to cook the meat well done is not good.

IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMAPACKERFAN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IronMike87 View Post
    its the only way to eat

Steak though is much better than ground beef. Having to cook the meat well done is not good.
    Buy your ground beef from a local butcher that makes their own and you can cook it however you'd like. I always cook my hamburgers mediumish. But I also know my ground beef is quality stuff.

However, I don't think there's a debate over ground beef being better than steak. If I could afford ribeye all day every day, I'd damn sure eat it. But $8-11/lb. gets pretty expensive.

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This video will answer any questions regading "high in fat" or "not high in fat" considerations...

1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you have a Whey PWO shake on this Diet?...are Almonds Permitted at all? and You can Eat all the Keto Veggies you want, correct?