Closed Thread
Page 1 of 270 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Comic Book Talk- Comics fans get in here!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Hulk thread so I decided we need a totally geeked out comic book thread. Post your favs or just argue about who knows the most... My all time fav is Hellblazer. Greatest. Comic. Ever.

Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Denver Ice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The mighty Thor.
    Asgard rules!
    Unleashed

TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheMisker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    shut your mouth geek
    I rape back...

**MEMBER OF BIG NASTY FAN CLUB***

SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My favorite comic is definetly the Uncanny X-Men, but I haven't read the comics in a few years. Dragonball was also my favorite comic, but otherwise I stick to Marvel comics. Others I enjoy include the Incredible Hulk, Daredevil, Amazing Spiderman, and the Avengers.
    Milk is for babies! Men drink beer!

Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to collect Spidey comics as a kid. Had a few Venom ones.

And a few Captain America, Daredevil and Hulk comics too.
    ** Game of Thrones crew **
    ** Joe Rogan Experience **

betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50) betes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just getting into comics. Here is what I have:

the new JMS Thor
    Rising Stars
    Supreme Power
    The Walking Dead
    The Dark Tower
    CONAN

I've also read a bunch of Batman, Sin City, Watchmen, etc. I'd love any recommendations.

mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Denver Ice View Post
    The mighty Thor.
    Asgard rules!
    Ahhh yes. The new Thor series is probably the best thing Marvel has put out in a few years. The issue where he lays the law down to Iron Man for trying to clone him was about as good as it gets " This is the difference between a god of Thunder and a man in an iron suit"

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I remember back in the day..going to the local comic book store and buying Spiderman, Batman, and Superman comics. Batman was huge then with the release of the movie. My uncles gave me a box full of comics..mostly from the 80's to the early 90's..some late 70's stuff,too.

Anyone heard of Secret Wars? Those were pretty cool...

I had a Spawn issue 1 in my hand and I was debating about buying it..I didn't!!

Big regret, like when I choose a David Robinson rookie card over a Dan Marino rookie card.

SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by betes View Post

the new JMS Thor
    Rising Stars
    Supreme Power
    The Walking Dead
    The Dark Tower
    CONAN

I've also read a bunch of Batman, Sin City, Watchmen, etc. I'd love any recommendations.
    Ah yes, I've had some Conan comics. Those were pretty sweet.

GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GetHimABodyBag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i was at Fry's and I saw this:

might buy it..wont have that same "feel" to it though

Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post
    i was at Fry's and I saw this:

might buy it..wont have that same "feel" to it though
    WOW! How much was it??? Did you see any other comics like that too?

Originally Posted by betes View Post

the new JMS Thor
    Rising Stars
    Supreme Power
    The Walking Dead
    The Dark Tower
    CONAN

Your on the right track. Just depends on your tastes really. Mine run more toward the off beat ones that deal with Mythology / magic like Lucifer, Sandman, Fables, Conan, Thor etc.. And also more of the non superhero stories like 99 bullets, y: the last man, DMZ etc.. But I also like all the mainstream stuff too

Originally Posted by SmellySkunk View Post
    WOW! How much was it??? Did you see any other comics like that too?

around 50 dollars, i think they also have Captain America

You are my super hero.

You are my super hero.
    haha..Have to get that x-men as well! That is going to take you years to read man!

the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50) the man-beast will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    best current comics imo are
    incredible herc
    nova
    thor
    green lantern
    jsa
    booster gold
    those are my favorite comics that i am currntly reading. I am reading about 22 titles right now. I can't wait for the new deadpool comics= to comic out b/c it will prob be good like his last series.

Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000) Phal4nx is a name known to all. (+5000)

So i'm guessing they are all in .pdf format then?

There's just something appealing about reading comics in a book though. I don't think I'd appreciate the comic as much in digital format.

haha..Have to get that x-men as well! That is going to take you years to read man!
    lol yeah, gonna have to have a comic-book reading marathon or something

Originally Posted by Phal4nx View Post

There's just something appealing about reading comics in a book though. I don't think I'd appreciate the comic as much in digital format.
    not sure, didn't get to look at the box up close..PDF most likely it is...

I know what you mean, there is something special (at least when you are young) about going to the store buying and reading thru the pages of a comic book..something I am sure that are grandkids will never experience...

Originally Posted by the man-beast View Post
    best current comics imo are
    incredible herc
    nova
    thor
    green lantern
    jsa
    booster gold
    those are my favorite comics that i am currntly reading. I am reading about 22 titles right now. I can't wait for the new deadpool comics= to comic out b/c it will prob be good like his last series.
    hmm I have a handful of Thor and Green Lantern comics that my uncles gaves me...Never gave them a shot, as a kid you know..Spiderman, Batman, and Superman ruled...going to go give the other stuff a chance

edit: I can't get into the current comics cartooning!

Originally Posted by Phal4nx View Post

Well, it looks like it says DVD-ROM, so maybe you can look at it on your TV?

It looks like these comic collections go up to around 2005 (about when I stopped reading comics). I've heard some crazy stuff happened since then, like Capt America getting killed and some sort of revolution in the marvel universe. Anybody got the low down on that or cliffs?

He was actually based on a real life person in Berkley,CA

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im currently reading

Secret Invasion and all the tie ins
    Thor
    Captain America
    Final Crisis and all the tie ins
    Spawn
    Walking Dead

Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    im currently reading

Secret Invasion and all the tie ins
    Thor
    Captain America
    Final Crisis and all the tie ins
    Spawn
    Walking Dead
    You got that Spawn number 1?

Whats going on with Captain America, cliffs as well?

It looks like these comic collections go up to around 2005 (about when I stopped reading comics). I've heard some crazy stuff happened since then, like Capt America getting killed and some sort of revolution in the marvel universe. Anybody got the low down on that or cliffs?
    Basically it's a war between all the heroes with 2 sides.

The U.S government enables an act that all super heroes must register themselves with the federal government as a weapon of mass destruction.

Ironman becomes the spokesperson and supporter for the act. Captain America is against it.

And so all the super heroes choose their sides.

And in the end when Cap surrenders and makes an appearance at the courts he is assasinated by an agent of The Red Skull.

Damn, so there's no more Captain America comics?

Two big things have happened. Firstly the Scarlet Witch had a meltdown and decided to eradicate all mutants. She used her magic to take away the powers of like 99% of all mutants powers. Some big names like Magneto lost their powers and this is still unresolved...

Second the government passed an act to force all superheros to register and be sanctioned by the government. Pretty much meant they had to give up their secret identities. Captain Americas death was partly due to this. A lot of superheroes have not registered and are still fugitives from the law including spiderman.

That is like the ultra cliffs... Three years of continuity is a lot to explain in two paragraphs...

There are still comics. His old sidekick Bucky / Winter Soldier took over as Cap. Funny thing is that the cap book is the best its been in a while. But I dont think he will stay dead for more than a few years. They never do..

Originally Posted by mwblind View Post
    Two big things have happened. Firstly the Scarlet Witch had a meltdown and decided to eradicate all mutants. She used her magic to take away the powers of like 99% of all mutants powers. Some big names like Magneto lost their powers and this is still unresolved...

Second the government passed an act to force all superheros to register and be sanctioned by the government. Pretty much meant they had to give up their secret identities. Captain Americas death was partly due to this. A lot of superheroes have not registered and are still fugitives from the law including spiderman.

That is like the ultra cliffs... Three years of continuity is a lot to explain in two paragraphs...
    There are still comics. His old sidekick Bucky / Winter Soldier took over as Cap. Funny thing is that the cap book is the best its been in a while. But I dont think he will stay dead for more than a few years. They never do..
    WOW, looks like I got some back-issues to catch up on! Thanks!

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You got that Spawn number 1?

Whats going on with Captain America, cliffs as well?
    HUGE SPOILERS FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA !!!

Cliffs:
    -Cap was shot on the steps of a courthouse and is killed
    -cap's true assassin was his lover (sharon carter)
    -She was mind controlled to assassinate cap (it was a plot by red skull)
    -She is captured by red skull
    -She is pregnant with caps child (new captain america?)
    -Bucky took the mantle of cap
    -Captain America Clone (who was the cap of the 50s) has awoken
    -cloned cap is a red skull plot (again)
    - so far the red skulls plot is unfolding (he wants to take over america and watch it tear itself apart)