Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vijayant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vijayant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vijayant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What does it take to become a IFBB Pro.

Hello Forum i'm new to the community and quite some time now I've been wanting to ask this question. What does it really take to get there and also can i do it? i'm a 22 yr old guy from India i've been working out for quite some time now and developed this liking for body building. I've asked this to many people in and out of the gym but all I've got is disappointment,they say Indian body builders cannot compete with any of the big guys out there and mainly because of our genetics, but i find it very vague and untrue,there have been Indian body builders on IFBB platform but i hardly recall them(very Sadly), is it true that pro body building is not for Indians or is there a way to win this war against genes. also i'd appreciate if you could list some courses which related to body building/supplementation.Good comments and info will b Rep'd Thank You
    I Do Because I Can, I Can Because I Want To, I Want To Because You Said I Couldn't

justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cell Tech Hardcore

MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MTII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vijayant View Post
    Hello Forum i'm new to the community and quite some time now I've been wanting to ask this question. What does it really take to get there and also can i do it? i'm a 22 yr old guy from India i've been working out for quite some time now and developed this liking for body building. I've asked this to many people in and out of the gym but all I've got is disappointment,they say Indian body builders cannot compete with any of the big guys out there and mainly because of our genetics, but i find it very vague and untrue,there have been Indian body builders on IFBB platform but i hardly recall them(very Sadly), is it true that pro body building is not for Indians or is there a way to win this war against genes. also i'd appreciate if you could list some courses which related to body building/supplementation.Good comments and info will b Rep'd Thank You
    yeYEARS OF HARD CONSISTENT TRAINING AND DIET! A SPONSOR HELPS. THANKS MUSCLETECH.. ILL BE THERE SOON!!!
    Http://www.malcolmtearsii.com - Contact me 2 become an MT2 Affiliate.
    Http://www.elite-personaltraining.com
    http://www.********.com/01MT2
    Http://www.metroflexgymsacramento.com
    Http://www.YouTube.com/eliteihpt

Team MuscleTech Athlete

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't worry about genetics. Your country gave the world Dalip Singh.

We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) N54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's probably not in the cards for you OP, sorry.
    I rep those who make real progress.
    500+

Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What it takes is the right combination of genetics, dedication & "supplementation"
    unfortunately, if you havnt got it by now, then you just aint getting it. (just like the majority of us)

Registered User Completely_Lost's Avatar
    Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000) Completely_Lost is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bodybuilding takes alot of work. Truly, if your genetics will allow it, you can become an IFBB pro with an incredible amount of dedication and perseverance (stress the incredible). I live in Canada and I've seen tons of huge Indian guys at my gym. Now, that said, most of these guys on the forum won't become IFBB pro even though they have dedication to building their body.

Bodybuilders are a different breed in some sense. The top tier guys (Phil Heath, Jay Cutler, Kai Green, etc) dedicate all their time for months of the year to better their physique. They train, eat and sleep. They find ways to better their diets and training routines to become the very best they can. So, pretty much, IFBB pros' have a dedication to better their physique by various supplement choices, diet choices, and training routines.
    Try Hard
    Bulking.. "The body is just a vessel for your thoughts" -Derek Poundstone

Vijayant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vijayant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vijayant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MTII View Post
    yeYEARS OF HARD CONSISTENT TRAINING AND DIET! A SPONSOR HELPS. THANKS MUSCLETECH.. ILL BE THERE SOON!!!
    yes i'm doing it i think i'll give my self 10 years and hoping for the best also how do u go about getting sponsors?

Originally Posted by BartPimpson View Post
    Don't worry about genetics. Your country gave the world Dalip Singh.
    Don't really like him though but yes thx for the positive thot
    I Do Because I Can, I Can Because I Want To, I Want To Because You Said I Couldn't

edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edward303 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1-Trust yourself
    2-Break some rules
    3-Don't be afraid to fail
    4-Don't listen to nay sayers
    5- Work your butt off
    6- Give back

Your 6", your tall enough for a heap of mass. Don't worry about what you may not have, prove them what you do have!

Give it your best shot and stop wondering if you CAN do it. Get out there and DO it. What does it matter if you don't become a Pro or Mr. Olympia at least you tried!

Originally Posted by Deano87 View Post
    What it takes is the right combination of genetics, dedication & "supplementation"
    unfortunately, if you havnt got it by now, then you just aint getting it. (just like the majority of us)
    True but i think I've got good genes,i lack the knowledge to pursue the same

Originally Posted by Completely_Lost View Post
    Bodybuilding takes alot of work. Truly, if your genetics will allow it, you can become an IFBB pro with an incredible amount of dedication and perseverance (stress the incredible). I live in Canada and I've seen tons of huge Indian guys at my gym. Now, that said, most of these guys on the forum won't become IFBB pro even though they have dedication to building their body.

Bodybuilders are a different breed in some sense. The top tier guys (Phil Heath, Jay Cutler, Kai Green, etc) dedicate all their time for months of the year to better their physique. They train, eat and sleep. They find ways to better their diets and training routines to become the very best they can. So, pretty much, IFBB pros' have a dedication to better their physique by various supplement choices, diet choices, and training routines.
    Agreed...!! But i want to get in their league.

Originally Posted by edward303 View Post
    1-Trust yourself
    2-Break some rules
    5- Work your butt off
    6- Give back

Your 6", your tall enough for a heap of mass. Don't worry about what you may not have, prove them what you do have!

Give it your best shot and stop wondering if you CAN do it. Get out there and DO it. What does it matter if you don't become a Pro or Mr. Olympia at least you tried!
    Thx When i'm standing on Mr. Olympia stage i definitely wont forget to mention you

BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1-Trust yourself
    2-Break some rules
    5- Work your butt off
    6- Give back

Repped,

That's actually a real solid post.
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
    Online Trainer/Coach - PM for Details/Inquiries

tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not IFBB related.

Also you say you have been working out for quite some time, really ?

You look pretty beginner ish to me.

Call me a dream crusher or use my words as motivation but at 22 and years of training behind you if you look like you do in your pics I personally don't believe you will ever make it.

You don't have a solid foundation nor does it look like you have your diet in check.

You clearly don't have the knowledge after years of training thus you don't have the drive of dedication to better yourself.

A real dedicated person would've read everything on the internet they could find AT THE CLICK OF A BUTTON not ask people or ask in a IFBB section, not calling you stupid but your actions shows you simply don't take it seriously. Right now you are simply going through the 'fantasy' all of us males go through when we first lift weights thinking we can go pro, where in REALITY its much harder.

Also to answer your genes question, I doubt it has something to do with being Indian rather as far as I am aware it is harder to get the protein requirements as easily and as cheaply as western societies. It helps getting drugs/food/protein and anything else as cheaply as everyone else.

Look at the world scale, Most pro's come from countries where ''supplementation'' can easily and cheaply be sourced. Why isn't there more Australian and New Zealanders as pro bodybuilders ? Well quite frankly our customs are so strict and good at what they do even things like pre-workouts (some) get banned nevermind ''other supplements''. This makes ''supplements'' grosely overpriced. Now India has it even harder with protein (the building blocks of muscle.

Point being it's far easier for the USA/European population to become bodybuilders.

Genes come into play how you RESPOND to ''supplements'' and your insertions of muscle on your frame.

Back to the main point , millions of people try to become pro's yet only a handful succeed. You need everything going your way or you won't make it from $ to cheap sources, cheap food etc with the most important thing being TIME! You need to find the time to eat/train while still making the $ from a job to survive and feed your passion for bodybuilding. Seems crazy to me how you want to know how to get sponsored. A person seeking sponsorship isnt good enough, if you are good enough they will FIND YOU.

Now I hope you read what I said and took it in, no need to be a pro bodybuilder to be successful, how about being the BEST YOU CAN BE and if that so happens to be PRO WORTHY then so be it. Don't throw your life away rather be the best you can and let things fall into place. You only live once.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1-Trust yourself
    2-Break some rules
    5- Work your butt off
    6- Give back

Whether you actually become an IFBB pro or not, this is a recipe for success.

Just a note, no amount of drugs in the world can transform you into an IFBB pro--don't believe for a second that they are your one-way ticket to a pro card. Necessary? Yes, but there are countless other things that come into play.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deano87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Vijayant View Post
    True but i think I've got good genes,i lack the knowledge to pursue the same
    I just looked at your pics, and im sorry to say bro, but you dont.
    But, shoot for the stars, if you fall you'll land on a cloud. Good luck.

Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Smudge_ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deano87 View Post
    I just looked at your pics, and im sorry to say bro, but you dont.
    But, shoot for the stars, if you fall you'll land on a cloud. Good luck.
    Bro are you a professional geneticist or something?

How many people do you think shat on Markus Ruhl's dreams???
    From this picture can you tell me all about his genetics?

Can you fuk. NAYSAYER
    RULE NUMBER 4, IGNORE THE NAYSAYERS
    IGNORE DEANO87
    ☆☆☆υк �Ñєω☆☆☆
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

Originally Posted by Smudge_ View Post

Can you fuk. NAYSAYER
    IGNORE DEANO87
    He is 22 and has been working out for some time now.

tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tsiparlanaeht has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Can you fuk. NAYSAYER
    IGNORE DEANO87
    1st of , that was Markus before he ever lifted at 19 only training for soccer until he hurt himself. OP is 22 with expiernce in training as he says for quite some time specifically for bodybuilding.

2nd - Without training Markus looks better at 19 already.

3rdly - Look at muscle insertions on OP/ Frame etc

4thly - Markus location = Germany , OP = Indian see what I said before regarding Supplements/Food.

No training - I started working out at the age of nineteen weighing in at 140 lbs without being ambitious with regard to a professional career.

After four years of consistent and intense workouts I felt the decision to participate in the Newcomer Championship 1994 in Hessen, Germany. Unfortunately I hurt my shoulder, so that I was unable to compete. Accordingly I had to delay my first competition.

In 1995 after having recovered from my shoulder injury, I competed in the Bachgau Cup in Babenhausen weighing in at 243 lbs and won the heavyweight and overall title. One week later I received 2nd place at the Grosser Preis von Hessen.

In 1997 after 7 years of hard workouts, I won the Hessen Championships and one week later also the German Nationals.

Being the first german bodybuilder ever, who received his pro card immediately after his victory at the Nationals, I competed in the German Pro Grand Prix in Offenbach, Germany. Although I was able again to make improvements in terms of my overall physique, I could literally see that I still lacked in refinement and muscle maturity in comparison to the world's leading men. It was crystal clear, that in addition to the nessecary improvements I would have to make regarding refinement and muscle maturity, I would also need an additional 10-15 lbs of lean muscle mass in order to achieve the competitive state, that enables me to become established in the world's pro elite. Incidentially, I placed 10th, weighing in at 258 lbs.

So in my opinion DEAN07 is right.

BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Can you fuk. NAYSAYER
    IGNORE DEANO87
    I agree completely with this post. You can't say what someone will look like when they're untrained.

And before someone says "OP isn't untrained!!1", who knows how hard he's actually working and actualising his potential. I used to think that I trained hard...doing 30lb bicep curls, 150lb leg press, and eating like 1800 calories a day! How could I be training harder than that?
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

IFBB brahs über alles.

Man, look at how horrible this kid's genetics are.

Make no mistake, he will never, ever go anywhere in the sport of bodybuilding. Ever.

IFBB brahs über alles.

Man, look at how horrible this kid's genetics are.

Make no mistake, he will never, ever go anywhere in the sport of bodybuilding. Ever.
    Not a good post Bart, not like you.

I know you didn't dissagree with my post but look at what I said in detail and why I believe OP more than likely won't become a pro.

It's not all about, "oh look at his body" and saying "he's got good genes" or "he doesn't".

Originally Posted by tsiparlanaeht View Post
    It's not all about look at his body and saying he's got good genes or he doesn't.
    This.
    Does genetics not dictate your responsiveness?
    So if OP has been training hard for "quite some time now" surely his body will have responded somewhat.
    Your definition of "training hard" would have been true in the beginning (like all of us), but as you got stronger, you upped the weight right? Once again related to your responsiveness.
    Im not trying to be negative here, i've got ****ty genetics myself, just trying to be realistic.

DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I know you didn't dissagree with my post but look at what I said in detail and why I believe OP more than likely won't become a pro.

It's not all about, "oh look at his body" and saying "he's got good genes" or "he doesn't".
    You know that's Arnold right Stercs?
    Novice Athletic Tall winner and Overall Athletic winner
    at the 2014 NABBA Waikato Champs.

"Or it could prove that IIFYM is a complete waste of time if you are a serious competitor." - KCTonyG 2014
    From the mouths of bros.

Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    I do hence why I told Bartosaurus it's a bad post.

Posting a pic of Arnold when he's a kid not a teenager. He has yet to even go through puberty then! OP is 22 with training behind him. A kid in a time where everyone knows food was hard to come by in that era of German/Austrian history or human history in general compared to today. OP and pic posted of Arnold are two different animals.

Also he had no training goals nor training expiernce at the time, completely irrelveant to the subject at hand with OP or genetics period.

Look at Arnold at 19 after going to the gym OP

After a few years of training as OP said surely you will notice how good your genetics is as you respond to training/food/'supplements'. OP clearly lacks the understanding of what is needed to become a pro as I stated in my post. This works against him, also him living in India.

I also addressed OP as to WHY I believe there is a lack of Pro Indian bodybuilders and this will also work against him imo.

As I said in my post, train for fun! Me nor you or Bart aim to be pro bodybuilders I am sure, simply aim for perfection in your eyes and if your best so be it is good enough to be a pro then go for it. I would personally get a degree and steady job first to support my passion for bodybuilding.
    Last edited by tsiparlanaeht; 09-12-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Don't Call it a Comeback! Boba_Bulk's Avatar
    Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DPNZ View Post
    He does, that's why he added the last line replying to Bart.

I agree with Stercs. You can't just look at a picture and conclude whether someone has good genetics. Anyone looking at the Arnold pic would never figure him to be a 7 time Olympian. We can all look at it in retrospect and say it now though because we've seen what he's become.

The OP however in addition to his avi pic, has mentioned he has been been training for some time and looks to be showing dismay for the progress he has made. So most peoples opinion here aren't just based on his avi, but also the insight he has given us of his training and mindset.

edit: nvm, stercs just elaborated.

Originally Posted by Boba_Bulk View Post
    He does, that's why he added the last line replying to Bart.

I agree with Stercs. You can't just look at a picture and conclude whether someone has good genetics. Anyone looking at the Arnold pic would never figure him to be a 7 time Olympian. We can all look at it in retrospect and say it now though because we've seen what he's become.

The OP however in addition to his avi pic, has mentioned he has been been training for some time and looks to be showing dismay for the progress he has made. So most peoples opinion here aren't just based on his avi, but also the insight he has given us of his training and mindset.

edit: nvm, stercs just elaborated.
    Very well said, I wish I could get my posts to come across as intelligent and to the point as you and some other posters.

I seem to babble then drift off eventually getting to my point. Lol.

Yeah...I guess we need to hear in greater detail what OP is doing. If he's training half-assedly and eating half-assedly, his current physique might not be a good standard of what he'd look like if he trained and ate properly.

I replied because we got a couple of posts to the effect of "you won't be a pro because your pic looks bad," and that seems like a premature judgement to me.

IFBB brahs über alles.

Yeah...I guess we need to hear in greater detail what OP is doing. If he's training half-assedly and eating half-assedly, his current physique might not be a good standard of what he'd look like if he trained and ate properly.

I replied because we got a couple of posts to the effect of "you won't be a pro because your pic looks bad," and that seems like a premature judgement to me.
    I Agree completely with this.

I was refferring more to what OP said than what he looked like.

For someone who wants to go Pro he's not showing the dedication needed already. I went through his posts history and I can see he has yet to do the research needed to know what needs to happen.

TBH I think he thinks he can be a pro only using protein and creatine.

FFS: I made that statement on the basis of his opening post, given he has been working out for a while.

DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DPNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOUD NOISES!

Sorry, I misread your post Stercs, rofl.

OLYMPIA IN 5 DAYS!!!!!
    Novice Athletic Tall winner and Overall Athletic winner
    at the 2014 NABBA Waikato Champs.

"Or it could prove that IIFYM is a complete waste of time if you are a serious competitor." - KCTonyG 2014
    From the mouths of bros.