Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ectomorph. 6 foot tall, weigh 130 pounds. I'm 20.

Hey Guys,

Been browsing the forums every few months for a while now but this is my first thread.

I'm sick of my body. I can't stand people saying I look like a lanky string of piss anymore or that I need to put weight on. I'm fully aware that I need to put weight on.

I need advice on what to eat etc and stories of people just like me who have changed their fitness and body.

I'm trying to eat as much ass I can but I just get full really quickly as I weigh so little. I don't have a LOT of money so I can't afford to buy too much either so I just need goals on what to do and even what to buy. I'll have money soon I'm just waiting on some payments at the minute.

I'm a member at the local gym but honestly, last time I went I thought I was going to faint after a 10 minute bike ride. I know it's pathetic but I need to get fit. After that, my arms were killing me for about a week and a half.

So there's my story, some of you may laugh but I hope you all see my side. I wasn't born with a body to gain weight but I know I can, I just need some advice and guidance. I'll take it all, I promise.

Ant

P.S. I can't attach a photo yet due to my post count but I have a couple on my bodyspace.
    Last edited by Antolio; 01-22-2012 at 07:26 PM.

NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000) NickA44 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you have money issues try rebalancing what you spend your money on it. If it's important to you , you'll find a way to get your hands on some sups.

There's 1000's of pages of advice and size building work outs on here ... my suggestions are read everything , try your best to eat the correct stuff , and work your ass off in the gym.
    Carolina Panthers

#clanginandbangin

Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NickA44 View Post
    If you have money issues try rebalancing what you spend your money on it. If it's important to you , you'll find a way to get your hands on some sups.

There's 1000's of pages of advice and size building work outs on here ... my suggestions are read everything , try your best to eat the correct stuff , and work your ass off in the gym.
    Thanks Nick. Been reading as much as I can for a couple of years. Nothing every seems to be suitable for my body weight. I've just joined a group for skinny guys like me on here so hopefully I can get some really good info out of it.

Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Simo20091993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should probably see a doctor first if you have all those problems, they are a sign you may be sick. You're BMI is only 17.3 and <18.5 is considered underweight.

As for the food try setting a starting goal of 3000 calories, when u are comfortable with that go to 4000, then 5000 then probably stop at 6000. Trust me in my short experience (1 month) of bodybuilding the eating was definately the hardest part since I went straight onto a 6000 calorie-a-day diet and currently have 0 motivation. As for meals having small meals will help ease the pressure on your stomach but if you really want to gain weight you should be having large meals to practice stuffing your stomach because I have found once I stopped eating 6000 calories a day (my mum forced me to) I naturally wanted to eat more than I did before I started bulking. I guess your stomach expands or something

U should definately cut out the cardio until u are at least 180 pounds and as for the pain I found that all the muscles I trained hurt after the first time I trained them but after that I never noticed it again (This could also be caused by the fact your post workout meal is too small, it should be the largest meal of the day and start eating it at least 1/2 hour but within 1 hr of your workout).

Supplements: Creatine (Definately), Fish Oil Tabs, Multivitamin tab and a pre workout tablet would do you good. If you follow a calorie rich diet with a 40:40:20 ratio of Protein:Carbohydrate:Fat (by calories) protein shakes are unnecessary unless you're having problems eating adequate amounts of meat, fish and eggs.

Originally Posted by Simo20091993 View Post
    You should probably see a doctor first if you have all those problems, they are a sign you may be sick. You're BMI is only 17.3 and <18.5 is considered underweight.

As for the food try setting a starting goal of 3000 calories, when u are comfortable with that go to 4000, then 5000 then probably stop at 6000. Trust me in my short experience (1 month) of bodybuilding the eating was definately the hardest part since I went straight onto a 6000 calorie-a-day diet and currently have 0 motivation. As for meals having small meals will help ease the pressure on your stomach but if you really want to gain weight you should be having large meals to practice stuffing your stomach because I have found once I stopped eating 6000 calories a day (my mum forced me to) I naturally wanted to eat more than I did before I started bulking. I guess your stomach expands or something

U should definately cut out the cardio until u are at least 180 pounds and as for the pain I found that all the muscles I trained hurt after the first time I trained them but after that I never noticed it again (This could also be caused by the fact your post workout meal is too small, it should be the largest meal of the day and start eating it at least 1/2 hour but within 1 hr of your workout).

Supplements: Creatine (Definately), Fish Oil Tabs, Multivitamin tab and a pre workout tablet would do you good. If you follow a calorie rich diet with a 40:40:20 ratio of Protein:Carbohydrate:Fat (by calories) protein shakes are unnecessary unless you're having problems eating adequate amounts of meat, fish and eggs.
    That's a great reply, thank you so much.

I'm currently researching different meal plans etc to suit me. I know I eat under 1000-2000 a day right now which technically means I'm losing weight. I'm never really hungry though. I swear I'll go to the docs tomorrow and come back with a reply to that.

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ok at 134lbs you dont need to be doing cardio... eating was also a problem for me.. now my diet consists of mainly pasta, rice, chicken fillets, ground beef.. my 1st meal is a weight gainer shake at 5 o clock i the morning.. i go back to bed and then get up to eat oats around 8ish.. at 10 i will have oat cakes and some peanut butter.. thats nearly 100cals before 12 o clock.. you get my drift.. my meals arent huge but i`m making sure i eat the right things..

search this website and find a good beginner routine.. if you make up something yourself i will put money on it that you will fail and fail miserably... use a tried and trusted routine.. but you need to eat more than 2000 cals a day... i get 1200 from weight gainer shakes before i`ve eaten any of my 5meals...

As far as supplements the majority of them are over rated.. get a fish oil, multi vitamin and a good weight gainer.. you dont need protein, creatine or anything else.. i`m an ecto aswell so i can eat everything in sight and not get fat so hopefully this will work for you aswell..

personally my favourite bulking food is this:

500gm ground beef, breadcrumbs, one whole egg. add a 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs to a mixing bowl, add the beef and the egg.. mash up with hands and make burgers out of them.. should get 3 good sized burgers..

cook in the oven and then finished sprinkle on some grated cheese and cover with fried egg.. i usually eat this with 2 handfuls of pasta.. plenty of cals in that.. if you can stomach it have 2 of the burgers..
    stats: jan 2012/ goals: jan 2013

DL :405/495
    Squat 275/315
    Bench 180/225 (feelsbadman)

Thanks Chris, I'll give your burgers a try too!

I know I can put on weight if I really try and eat more. When I was with my ex girlfriend just over a year ago I went from 130 pounds to 148 in under 2 months. I was obviously eating more because I was happy at the time and I'll be honest it was purely on chinese and pizza. But it worked and I managed to stuff myself each time even if I did feel sick sometimes. But I did it and I put the weight on. I soon lost it though as I stopped eating and as I lost weight I got depressed that I'd lost weight again so didn't want to eat. I guess that's what being consistent is all about.

I've just taken a picture of myself so you can all see how skinny I really am and I'm going to use that as a benchmark to motivate myself, because I'm getting really upset lately with the way I look.

xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xXenkiXx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been there (still there?) man, i started out literally your exact size and weight. I am now between 150-155, that has been the result of about 5 months in the gym and nutrition and I'd like to think its almost all muscle I've put on. Sounds like you have the capability to gain some weight, so just commit and you'll get the results. Seems like the real barrier here is not your body, but your mindset.

Originally Posted by xXenkiXx View Post
    I've been there (still there?) man, i started out literally your exact size and weight. I am now between 150-155, that has been the result of about 5 months in the gym and nutrition and I'd like to think its almost all muscle I've put on. Sounds like you have the capability to gain some weight, so just commit and you'll get the results. Seems like the real barrier here is not your body, but your mindset.
    Thanks dude, I see your the same age too. I think it's half and half. I eat big for a while and then give up because I either stay the same or LOSE weight. So then I give up again. I think I do genuinely need to change my mindset as well though. As I'm about to start working out again my body is going to be screaming for food so this will help.

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i wish you the best of luck man.. its gonna be hard and lean muscle is gonna be hard to come by, but stick at it.. visit this motivation section often and remember why you are doing this..

use the insults to push yourself in the gym.. let them fuel your workouts.. in a year people will be giving you compliments

Squat 275/315

kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kefka101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tuna, brown rice, beans(dry in the bag) peanut butter, oatmeal are all relatively cheap foods. And MILK. I've ate prob around 1200 cal today from tuna,beans,cheese and oatmeal/peanut butter. Now at work ill get 3 breaks, I'll drink a quarter galon of whole milk(600 cal) every 2 hours. Turns into an easy 1800 calories. Then ill hit gym at 7am after work and crush another quarter gallon.

My biggest suggestion is drink milk after every meal and get on some squat,press pull 3x a week routine

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    great advice in this thread already. and since this is the motivation section...YOU GOT THIS SH!T MAN. read, read, read, eat, eat, eat, LIFT!

btw, idk if it's been said but search starting strength for a routine.

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Self hatred of your body will kill all motivation.....Embrace what you have presently and build upon it....
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Thanks for all the motivation guys it's really inspiring.

I should get some payments through for work in the next week so I'm going to be stocking up on multivitamins and fish oils, reading up on these I'd never realised how vital they really are to your health.

Thanks! This forum is getting me stoked.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Antolio View Post
    Thanks for all the motivation guys it's really inspiring.

I should get some payments through for work in the next week so I'm going to be stocking up on multivitamins and fish oils, reading up on these I'd never realised how vital they really are to your health.

Thanks! This forum is getting me stoked.
    good fish oil needs EPA and DHA. there are a million multi's out there, can't really say one is better than the other. i personally hate taking the horse pills so i opt'ed for liquid. you might also look into a weight gainer shake...yes yes i know most ppl here swear against them, but since you are having trouble stomaching the actual food needed to support 4k cal a day i would say it's worth looking into. another optional supp is casein, it's slow release protein, take it before bed to help repair over night. i take it and it seems to help me recover a little quicker. just my .02 from one skinny to another.

btw i started at 108 lbs, no income, and no motivation. i know where you are coming from.

JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMurder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Look up things from other websites. research Zyzz. Though he may be hated, he went through a transformation much similar to the one you seem to desire.

Originally Posted by JMurder View Post
    Look up things from other websites. research Zyzz. Though he may be hated, he went through a transformation much similar to the one you seem to desire.
    He got his body through cycling gear and abusing clen... Where is he now.. dead at 22.. Cant compare someone on steroids to someone doing it naturally.. Horrible advice

Squat 275/315

Originally Posted by bonacris View Post
    He got his body through cycling gear and abusing clen... Where is he now.. dead at 22.. Cant compare someone on steroids to someone doing it naturally.. Horrible advice
    I've literally just finished reading up on him about all his roid's etc. Anyway it's a sad story but yeah it's not what I'm after.

Anyway thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it. Currently trying to find the best workout plan for me. The plan I was put on before wasn't really what I wanted comparing them to everything on here.

GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GrassEaterBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Guys,

Been browsing the forums every few months for a while now but this is my first thread.

I'm sick of my body. I can't stand people saying I look like a lanky string of piss anymore or that I need to put weight on. I'm fully aware that I need to put weight on.

I need advice on what to eat etc and stories of people just like me who have changed their fitness and body.

I'm trying to eat as much ass I can but I just get full really quickly as I weigh so little. I don't have a LOT of money so I can't afford to buy too much either so I just need goals on what to do and even what to buy. I'll have money soon I'm just waiting on some payments at the minute.

I'm a member at the local gym but honestly, last time I went I thought I was going to faint after a 10 minute bike ride. I know it's pathetic but I need to get fit. After that, my arms were killing me for about a week and a half.

So there's my story, some of you may laugh but I hope you all see my side. I wasn't born with a body to gain weight but I know I can, I just need some advice and guidance. I'll take it all, I promise.

Ant

P.S. I can't attach a photo yet due to my post count but I have a couple on my bodyspace.
    Anything is possible, my friend is much skinnier than you and he is buff now, will ask him for advice in your situation!

tim77or has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guys,

Ant

HEy man, im also new to this site and this my first post ever, I haven't been in your shoes so my advice can only go so far, your taller then me and I'm heavier then you. But I would suggest is with your diet ( I won't tell you what to eat but rather how to eat it) try to consume three meals of at least 1000+ calories each and the reason is I've heard people who are trying to lose weight instead of eating three big meals consume 5 smaller meals to constantly keep their metabolism busy and working to burn fat and turn calories into usable energy. So in theory doing the opposite might slow down ones metabolism. I could be wrong. Plus meals of 1000 calories and more are helpful in gaining weight, they're also pretty filling so it may take time to comfortably consume these meals especially if you get filled easy but you must to gain weight. And if you don't already do it drink whole vitamin D milk , one during each meal and one in between. Milk is getting pretty pricey too so that sucks, 3 years ago you could get two gallons for $2.50 now its like one gallon for $3.50. Well good luck and keep reading up, its all advice and opinionated so its up to you to choose what to include and what to just take note of in your routine. Good Luck, God Bless

aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm doing the exact same thing as you are right now, my diet started two weeks ago and my training started last monday, as of this morning Im 6' tall and 134lb, 19 years old. got tired of my girlfriend asking me for my body, I started be forcing myself to eat at least 5 times a day, when i was only eat 2 because of my school/work schedule.

I work a 40 hour job, go to college full time, and it was hard to fit in even two meals, but i started eating smaller meals just a lot of them, and now i cant stop eating, and thats only after 2 weeks of this new diet. I eat 4 eggs in the morning before my workout, go lift, drink mass gainer and creatine, 1/2 hour later i eat (usually) 2 fist sized chicken breasts, with rice/pasta, then about another hour- 2 hours later, i eat two turkey sandwiches with some sort of vegetable, then about 4-5 hours later i eat another 2 sandwiches and a clif bar, then another 2 hours later i eat another sandwich/chicken/steak, with vegetable, and carb. all throughout the day drinkning about a gallon of water, and as far as sups go i have the GNC brand strength vitapak, which has a mutli, primer, creatine, tribulas (which i dont take because i have anger issues) and i take the GNC brand gainer, and Cell tech creatine, but i cant tell you how sore i am just from this one week, but the one phrase that i heard Kris Gethin say in one of his videos "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got" meaning if you want to change your body, you have to change, everything what you eat/drink/do/spend money on. In this one week i've learned that building mass is a 24 hour challenge you cant cheat or you lose the entire day, you cant take one day off you lose the whole week, its really a lifestyle change! Im doing it, and im not stopping until my arms fall off.

Originally Posted by aaronjlee4 View Post
    I'm doing the exact same thing as you are right now, my diet started two weeks ago and my training started last monday, as of this morning Im 6' tall and 134lb, 19 years old. got tired of my girlfriend asking me for my body, I started be forcing myself to eat at least 5 times a day, when i was only eat 2 because of my school/work schedule.

I work a 40 hour job, go to college full time, and it was hard to fit in even two meals, but i started eating smaller meals just a lot of them, and now i cant stop eating, and thats only after 2 weeks of this new diet. I eat 4 eggs in the morning before my workout, go lift, drink mass gainer and creatine, 1/2 hour later i eat (usually) 2 fist sized chicken breasts, with rice/pasta, then about another hour- 2 hours later, i eat two turkey sandwiches with some sort of vegetable, then about 4-5 hours later i eat another 2 sandwiches and a clif bar, then another 2 hours later i eat another sandwich/chicken/steak, with vegetable, and carb. all throughout the day drinkning about a gallon of water, and as far as sups go i have the GNC brand strength vitapak, which has a mutli, primer, creatine, tribulas (which i dont take because i have anger issues) and i take the GNC brand gainer, and Cell tech creatine, but i cant tell you how sore i am just from this one week, but the one phrase that i heard Kris Gethin say in one of his videos "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got" meaning if you want to change your body, you have to change, everything what you eat/drink/do/spend money on. In this one week i've learned that building mass is a 24 hour challenge you cant cheat or you lose the entire day, you cant take one day off you lose the whole week, its really a lifestyle change! Im doing it, and im not stopping until my arms fall off.
    good lock man. just stay with it.

Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qrome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drink alot of milk trust me.
    " Look me in the eye, it`s okay if you are scared , So am i. You are scared of what i would become and im scared of what i will become "

Strength is the total outcome of struggle no matter how bad that struggle is.

aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aaronjlee4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ^ drink whole milk

Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
    good lock man. just stay with it.
    thanks, its been tough and definitely having to fight off the urge to quit but i have been on this site everyday just for motivation

[300 Spartan Political] JERSEYJIM's Avatar
    JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000) JERSEYJIM is just really nice. (+1000)
    I will post this in hopes that it will motivate you..

I was 6'1 ~ 140LB in Highschool
    end age 19

Started to focus more on the gym and eating**

**Mind you - I barely ate in highschool so when I started to focus on "eating" it was just like 2,500 cals mostly protein, yadda yadda yadda

a little over 6'1" ~180lbs
    end age 22

After college I had more time to really hone in on eating/training, bumped my cals up to 3,500-4k/day

@210lbs

Currently sit at 220lbs and have a long way to go...

Focus on calorie dense food... I always liked trail mix/pasta... more recently, I have been using a shake mid morning (2 scoops protein, 1 cup dry oats, 2 TBSP of EVOO) in a regular shaker..

anyway that's my contribution
    ***Punishment '13: Yes we will, *******s!****

[300 Spartan Crew]
    Flag~nor~Fail
    ++ Positive Crew ++

proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    One word son: eggs. Eggs are a very cheap source of high quality protein. Boil em up by the dozen and eat throughout the day. Tuna, peanut butter and generic wheat bread are other good, cheap food sources. And, like others said, cut out the cardio for now and follow the other good advice you've gotten in this thread. (Never been a tall ecto myself but I have been skinny and spent time trying to eat like a lifter while on a strict budget so that's my relevant experience.)
    💪🏻Team Manlet💪🏻
    --♥♥--♥♥--TEAM MISC BIG C SUPPORT--♥♥--♥♥--
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." J. Springfield
    BRAINWAVES: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147989483
    MIND POWER/CONFIDENCE/GOALS
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158959453
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150994183
    STOICISM https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173954741
    1 Samuel 16:7

MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelIsBuff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    one word. EATALOT

Thanks guys I can't thank you all enough for the response I've had back.

I'm going food shopping today.

One question I do have, how much do you guys spend on food a week?

conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) conn1994 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fill up that trolley with Chicken, Steak, Kangaroo Steak, Salmon, Peanuts, Almonds, Peanut Butter, Whole grain bread, Pasta, Milk ( full fat since your extreeme ectomorph ), Yogurt (low sugar) , Cottage Cheese, Broccoli, Spinach

All i can recommend to you is to start eating much much more of food that is calorie dense and "clean" ( refers to 'healthy nutrional' foods ) Peanuts and almonds are your best friends and are both very calorie dense, also drinking milk is an easy way to add in excess calories because you dont feel as full.
    Eat clean calorie excess + Lift hard at the gym and you will put on weight!

I'm 6'1" and used to weigh 71kg which is also seen as 'lanky' and now i weigh 86-87kg and aiming for 100kg! ( whilst keeping low bodyfat ) Goodluck mate and remember never to give up, otherwise you'll never reach your goal!

Also would recommend something like Optimum nutrition's serious mass (high in calories, protein, etc. )

Originally Posted by conn1994 View Post
    Also would recommend something like Optimum nutrition's serious mass (high in calories, protein, etc. )
    Thanks for all the other advice, but as for this...

I've just read up and watched some video reviews on it. 1500 calories for a full serving which apparently you need to take in two halves as it won't go into a normal sized shaker.

The only thing I'm about with it is, will it be safe for me to take? I'm not used to eating much at the minute and that's something I've got to develop on with the more I start to eat. Will it be too much for my body to take in so quickly if it's not used to anything?

Sorry if it's a stupid question. I'm genuinely interested in the product, I'm just worried if there could be major negatives in my circumstance.