Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)

Is there a bodyweight exercise for lats besides pull-ups?

Well?

As in, if a person were stuck in the wilderness with no dumb bells, cables, and couldn't find a tree limb to do pull-ups, what else could a person do to build up their lats?

A friend and I were challenging each other and both got stumped on this one.
    - Damnit. I got fat again. Brb: picking up the pieces and burning my excuses. -

The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Raw Body will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sparklebear00 View Post
    Well?

As in, if a person were stuck in the wilderness with no dumb bells, cables, and couldn't find a tree limb to do pull-ups, what else could a person do to build up their lats?

A friend and I were challenging each other and both got stumped on this one.

You can find a low hanging branch and do an intverted row or you can do rows with rocks.
    I know it sounds weird but shaving your body hair and injecting testicle shrinking substances into your butt actually makes you less of a man.

R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000) R_Bid is just really nice. (+1000)
    grab a big @$$ rock and do some rows...

find a low branch, lay under it, and pull yourself up to it with your heels remaining on the ground-- basically an inverted row. i forget the name of these, sorry.

find an animal with a long tail. grab the tail. kick said animal in the b@lls, and pull hard to try to keep it still when it tries to run. tug-of-war style grip.

pullovers with a rock.

boooyaaaaaa.

frick. beat to the punch on inverted rows, and the rest aren't bodyweight. weak sauce. ahhh, well. there's your survivalist lat workout.
    Last edited by R_Bid; 07-18-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by R_Bid View Post
    grab a big @$$ rock and do some rows...

find a low branch, lay under it, and pull yourself up to it with your heels remaining on the ground-- basically an inverted row. i forget the name of these, sorry.

find an animal with a long tail. grab the tail. kick said animal in the b@lls, and pull hard to try to keep it still when it tries to run. tug-of-war style grip.

pullovers with a rock.

boooyaaaaaa.

frick. beat to the punch on inverted rows, and the rest aren't bodyweight. weak sauce. ahhh, well. there's your survivalist lat workout.
    haha the perfect pullup commercial calls those "australian pullups", but i just call them hanging bodyweight rows.

also, if you are using a rock as weight, thats just badass, not bodyweight haha.

hanging rows are good, as mentioned. i have also seen people who travel alot hook a towel around a door handle and grip each end of it, lean back, and use it for bodyweight standing rows.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jmonty has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    this thread makes my head hurt.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ★cVc★ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ Roflcopter Crew ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆ PC Master Race ☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆ /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\☆