Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Only God Can Judge Me TehXshizzit's Avatar
    TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Raw Eggs uses in protein shake...good or bad?

my bro bot some TrueMass and he dose 2 scoops and 2-3 raw eggs with a banana..it taste great, cant even taste the egg.....plus wouldnt it be good for mass too? so i started puting 1 egg in my shakes...and my mom is freaking out saying im going to get saw-a-mu-nil-uh (dont kno how to spell it)

and im thinkin, as long as the egg dont look funky we should be fine...

what u guys think?
    "Fueled by hate, Driven by heart"
    Effort = Results

"Friends can ether expand your vision or choke your dreams"

I have a vison and im going to see it threw.

i ReP BaCk

"My Fast Is Faster Then Your Fast"

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-* We cook all our meals. We set our own clock. We kick our own ass in the gym. And we lick our own wounds....We Are Bodybuilders....We are Brothers.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Horrid idea. Raw eggs contain a lot of biotin and it inhibits either B-6 or B-12 absorption. So make sure you take a NOW adam or GNC Megaman or some multi with very high vitB's in them. Also, you risk the chance of getting salmonella. Lastly, you are throwing back more than 50g protein and, supposedly, your body can only handle 50g protein at one time.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    Horrid idea. Raw eggs contain a lot of biotin and it inhibits either B-6 or B-12 absorption. So make sure you take a NOW adam or GNC Megaman or some multi with very high vitB's in them. Also, you risk the chance of getting salmonella. Lastly, you are throwing back more than 50g protein and, supposedly, your body can only handle 50g protein at one time.
    Ohhhh noooo...Blanket statements about protein intake, you know better than that Beejis! I don't think it's necessarily a "horrid" thing, but I don't see the point if you have milk/whey/other protien sources in a shake. I personally don't enjoy the texture/taste of raw eggs.

G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well, even if y'all don't mind rolling the dice on the salmonella thing... do be aware that a protein in eggs (avidin), which is destroyed in the cooking process, that binds to and depletes your body of the vitamin biotin. Even if they're the freshest disease-free eggs in the world, you're still going to need to supplement your biotin.

Personally, I wouldn't eat an egg raw that I didn't know the source and the date it was collected. But again, if you don't mind rolling the dice, there are some tests you can use to try to find the freshest eggs, or at least rule out the questionable ones. Check the 'net or ask your grandmother... grandmas always seem to know that stuff. Stuff like, if you roll them across the counter and they roll wobbly, don't eat them.

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    actually, the connection you're looking for is that avidin (glycoprotein) binds with biotin, commonly referred to as B7 or Vit. H (more commonly B7), causing a deficiency in biotin by blocking the uptake of this compound. Article on biotin.

That said, I don't advise raw eggs in general. Pasteurize them first.
    I remember being relevant.

aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow learned something new in this thread, and i was really planning on adding extra calories by having one or two milk/oats/eggs shake everyday...

legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    egg protein is the way to go.

check out red acre farms on bb.com
    TYIA

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TinyMan View Post
    actually, the connection you're looking for is that avidin (glycoprotein) binds with biotin, commonly referred to as B7 or Vit. H (more commonly B7), causing a deficiency in biotin by blocking the uptake of this compound. Article on biotin.

That said, I don't advise raw eggs in general. Pasteurize them first.
    Ya, my bad, I knew it was something like that. All I know is that it's better to eat them cooked at 130-140 or buy that Rose Acres powdered stuff or that Egg Whites international stuff.

Originally Posted by ZacharyMills View Post
    Ohhhh noooo...Blanket statements about protein intake, you know better than that Beejis! I don't think it's necessarily a "horrid" thing, but I don't see the point if you have milk/whey/other protien sources in a shake. I personally don't enjoy the texture/taste of raw eggs.
    BLANKET STATEMENTS?!?!?!? I WILL WHOOP YOUR SKINNY ASS, RICH MAN! Hahaha, kidding. Well, learning from my fabulous nutrition class, you can't handle more than 50g protein at a time, but also you are not suppose to consume a TKD like I'm doing right now either. I know it's kinda like a guideline, especially for losers that don't go to the gym, but I have gone over 50g protein in a meal about two or three times that I'm aware. As for my guidelines now, I split my meals up exactly (6 times per day) and get those almost exact numbers at each meal and my guideline is roughly 44g protein per meal. Does this pull off the blanket Zach?

Leaning up for the beach cawchy's Avatar
    cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10) cawchy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Buy some pasturized egg whites and add them to your shake. No samonella and all the protein goodness! Tasteless.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Ya, my bad, I knew it was something like that. All I know is that it's better to eat them cooked at 130-140 or buy that Rose Acres powdered stuff or that Egg Whites international stuff.

BLANKET STATEMENTS?!?!?!? I WILL WHOOP YOUR SKINNY ASS, RICH MAN! Hahaha, kidding. Well, learning from my fabulous nutrition class, you can't handle more than 50g protein at a time, but also you are not suppose to consume a TKD like I'm doing right now either. I know it's kinda like a guideline, especially for losers that don't go to the gym, but I have gone over 50g protein in a meal about two or three times that I'm aware. As for my guidelines now, I split my meals up exactly (6 times per day) and get those almost exact numbers at each meal and my guideline is roughly 44g protein per meal. Does this pull off the blanket Zach?
    I like it!

bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat 3 raw eggs mixed with 2 scoop protein shake for my Post W/O...

The great Vince Gironda advocated that... You need Fats to Process the Protein.. not carbs.

And don't give me any crap saying that V.G. is old school... if you pay attention, every little while, someone comes up with some "revolutionary idea" and its just reworded Gironda Wisdom.
    glorify the Lord in all that you do =)

ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50) ironman1964bc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bleeder View Post
    I eat 3 raw eggs mixed with 2 scoop protein shake for my Post W/O...

The great Vince Gironda advocated that... You need Fats to Process the Protein.. not carbs.

And don't give me any crap saying that V.G. is old school... if you pay attention, every little while, someone comes up with some "revolutionary idea" and its just reworded Gironda Wisdom.
    Yeah, I asked one of Gironda's friends this very question a while back and he just laughed and said that Vince was a big fan of raw eggs, and he knew all about the avidin problem. You have to understand that alot of foods will leech nutrients out of your system, like all grains and fiber. Eat your raw eggs or soft boil them if you must, and ignore the doom and gloom food police. If you are still scared of avidin like it was the devil himself, then eat the yolks raw and cook the whites.

bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50) bleeder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironman1964bc View Post
    Yeah, I asked one of Gironda's friends this very question a while back and he just laughed and said that Vince was a big fan of raw eggs, and he knew all about the avidin problem. You have to understand that alot of foods will leech nutrients out of your system, like all grains and fiber. Eat your raw eggs or soft boil them if you must, and ignore the doom and gloom food police. If you are still scared of avidin like it was the devil himself, then eat the yolks raw and cook the whites.
    lol, yeah bro. i don't believe 90% of what the food police say these days... besides, the nutrition game changes every freakin' day.. I'd rather take Vince's advice... he knew what he was talkin about.
    glorify the Lord in all that you do =)

DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by legends159 View Post
    egg protein is the way to go.

check out red acre farms on bb.com
    Rose Acre Farms. Good stuff and cheap.

axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10) axewars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to work in a restaurant and make salad dressing using a raw egg- yolk, white, and everything. At the end of every batch, I'd have some of the dressing. Basically in my life-time I've consumed upwards of 3,000 raw eggs with no problems. Not saying you can't get salmonella, just one man's experience...
    << Keep your eye on the avatar...it will be steadily improving.

Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think there is some validity to the biotin being bad for you, this is certainly not the first time i heard of it. It would be best to just cook the eggs when you can and then eat them later.

viroid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The salmonella risk is way overblown.

Only God Can Judge Me TehXshizzit's Avatar
    TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10) TehXshizzit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    acually....i had my friend look some stuff upp about it and....salmonella is only a chance if ur old, have cancer or get sick ALL the time....and raw eggs are 5x better for u then cooked because when u cook them, u cook away proteins and nutrients that are good...for massing and muscle growth.

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxifi...t/raw-eggs.htm
    "Fueled by hate, Driven by heart"
    Effort = Results

"Friends can ether expand your vision or choke your dreams"

I have a vison and im going to see it threw.

i ReP BaCk

"My Fast Is Faster Then Your Fast"

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-* We cook all our meals. We set our own clock. We kick our own ass in the gym. And we lick our own wounds....We Are Bodybuilders....We are Brothers.

getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Rose Acre Farms. Good stuff and cheap.
    How do the prices compare to buying an egg-white protein from TP or somewhere? I am on the site and you can get a 10lb box off egg-whites (324 servings) for $69.95 including shipping. It says there are 11.5g of protein per tablespoon, but I can't figure out if they list a serving as one tablespoon or two.
    *SCC*
    *Tourette Syndrome Crew*
    *tics increase TDEE so not even mad crew*

DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DrnkMnky is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by getbustered View Post
    How do the prices compare to buying an egg-white protein from TP or somewhere? I am on the site and you can get a 10lb box off egg-whites (324 servings) for $69.95 including shipping. It says there are 11.5g of protein per tablespoon, but I can't figure out if they list a serving as one tablespoon or two.
    Well TP offers 1 lb egg white protein for 7.99 / lb and bb.com has Rose Acre Farms for 44.99 for 5 lbs ($9 / lb). So it looks TP is cheaper, but you can also find Rose Acre Farms for cheaper on other sites. My RAF jug lists 1 tbsp as a serving for 12 g protein.

getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrnkMnky View Post
    Well TP offers 1 lb egg white protein for 7.99 / lb and bb.com has Rose Acre Farms for 44.99 for 5 lbs ($9 / lb). So it looks TP is cheaper, but you can also find Rose Acre Farms for cheaper on other sites. My RAF jug lists 1 tbsp as a serving for 12 g protein.
    Yeah, there is a link on the site for a 10lb box for $59.95, plus $10 shippig. Doesn't sound too bad at all if you are planning on mixing it with other protein or in other things.
    *SCC*
    *Tourette Syndrome Crew*
    *tics increase TDEE so not even mad crew*

INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) INGENIUM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    two things

1. Raw egg protein is not as bioavailable as cooked.
    (Evenepoel P ; Claus D ; Geypens B ; Hiele M ; Geboes K ; Rutgeerts P ; Ghoos Y Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans. )

2. The idea that your "body can only handle 50g of protein" is complete BS until I see some references

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by INGENIUM View Post
    two things

(Evenepoel P ; Claus D ; Geypens B ; Hiele M ; Geboes K ; Rutgeerts P ; Ghoos Y Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans. )

2. The idea that your "body can only handle 50g of protein" is complete BS until I see some references

thank you

you get less nutrient absorbtion from a raw egg that you do from pasteurized eggs...for the meat heads that means "all dat protein aint goin in yo muscles" and ignore that 50g of protein in one sitting bs...there is nothing to back that up....dude just buy some liquid egg whites and add them to your shake if you want more protein, plus you won't be getting the added fat or cholesterol.

jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10) jscoleman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cawchy View Post
    Buy some pasturized egg whites and add them to your shake. No samonella and all the protein goodness! Tasteless.
    QFT.

Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Paulie227 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The deal on eggs...

First off, Salmonella. It's a simple matter of common sense. Healthy eggs come from healthy chickens. If the chicken is sick, the egg is sick, then you get sick. How do the chickens get sick? Being packed into egg production factories where they're living on top of one another, pooping on all the ones below them. If you were forced to live like that, you'd be sick too. So if you're buying your eggs from the magical little store where food just happens to appear from mystical places that no one really cares about, otherwise known as the supermarket, then your chances of getting salmonella are higher. I personally have had a Salmonella infection 3 times, none of which were from raw eggs since I didn't eat them at that point, I threw up for about 12 hours then I was fine. Does everyone who has this infection have this same reaction? No. That's just what happened to me. I have an immune system. That's what it's there for.

One of the sources quoted on the Wikipedia page for salmonella: "Administration Urged to Boost Food Safety Efforts". Washington Post. 2009. [the forum won't allow a post with this link so to read the full Washington Post article and citation see the Wikipedia page on salmonella, number 13 under references]"Among them is a final rule, issued by the FDA, to reduce the contamination in eggs. About 142,000 Americans are infected each year with Salmonella enteritidis from eggs, the result of an infected hen passing along the bacterium. About 30 die." Notice, "142,000 Americans are infected each year... 30 die." Those 30 were most likely in poor health to start with.

The nutritional content of eggs is vastly different depending on several things. You know the commercial happy milk comes from happy cows or something like that? Same deal with eggs and chicken. Chickens, just like humans but that's for a different thread, are simply not designed to eat grains. Grains are a fairly recent human invention designed to support a ridiculous amount of people on a small planet. In the vast history of chickens, just like humans, grains were not eaten. Getting an egg from a pasture raised chicken who's diet wasn't supplemented by grains is the most nutritious version of the egg. "Free Range" doesn't mean squat. In order for something to be labeled as "Free Range" the chickens have to have access to the outdoors which is often times no more than a small dog door in the hen house. "Cage Free" isn't much better, this just means they don't live in cages, they can still be packed into a small house where they're on top of one another. Look around at local farms or ask someone at your local health food store, I'm sure you can find some.

Next up, protein quality and absorption of raw eggs. "On three of the four scientific scales for protein quality used in the past few decades - Protein Efficiency Rating, Biological Value, and Net Protein Utilization - eggs consistently score highest in the quality of their protein, soundly beating milk, beef, whey, and soy. (All are tied with a perfect score of 1.00 on the fourth, the Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score.)" (Bowden, 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, 2007, Fair Winds Press.) As for avidin binding with botin, ok, fair enough. But what self respecting health freak doesn't take a multi? And if you take you're multi a few hours from when you take your consume the eggs or if you break it up and take smaller amounts through out the day, there's no problem.

In an attempt to keep this post from getting too long(too late), I'll skip to egg yolks. Eggs, yolks and all, are packed full of vitamins and minerals. Of the RDV% for vitamin B2, a.k.a. riboflavin, and B12 they are in the double digits. Egg yolks contain cholesterol but according to Dr. Walter Willett of Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Public Health where he is chairman of the department of nutrition, "No research has ever shown that people who eat more eggs have more heart attacks than people who eat few eggs." (Bowden, 2007) Infact the opposite is true. Eggs have a chemical in them that help lower serum cholesterol. You generally do not want to break the yolk though. If you do cook your eggs and the cooked yolks are exposed to air, the cholesterol oxidizes which has all kinds of health issues. The longer the egg's been exposed to the air the more oxidization has taken place, so no buffets with scrambled eggs sitting there for hours. The yolk has fat. Fat, including saturated fat, is an essential nutrient. Fat of just about every variety is in every cell of your body. Not only that, but fat is the 'cleanest burning' nutritional energy source there is. Fat digests slower, mostly in the upper portion of the small intestine, so you feel fuller, longer and they give you a slower, more sustained energy boost. So why skip out on the yolk when it is packed full of so many nutrients. I personally like to take Acetyl-L-carnitine which transports the fatty acids from the blood to the mitochondria in every cell.

P.S. I'm vegan so I'm not promoting eating eggs. I'm simply passing along information from credible sources.

The majority of the information in the post comes from 3 books by Jonny Bowden: The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth, 2008; The 150 Most Effective Ways to Boost Your Energy, 2009; and The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, 2007. Additional information comes from: Know Your Fats: A Complete Premier for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol, Mary G. Enig, Bethesda Press, 2000; as well as sources sited in the body of the post.

namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000) namean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Paulie227 View Post
    First off, Salmonella. It's a simple matter of common sense. Healthy eggs come from healthy chickens. If the chicken is sick, the egg is sick, then you get sick. How do the chickens get sick? Being packed into egg production factories where they're living on top of one another, pooping on all the ones below them. If you were forced to live like that, you'd be sick too. So if you're buying your eggs from the magical little store where food just happens to appear from mystical places that no one really cares about, otherwise known as the supermarket, then your chances of getting salmonella are higher. I personally have had a Salmonella infection 3 times, none of which were from raw eggs since I didn't eat them at that point, I threw up for about 12 hours then I was fine. Does everyone who has this infection have this same reaction? No. That's just what happened to me. I have an immune system. That's what it's there for.

One of the sources quoted on the Wikipedia page for salmonella: "Administration Urged to Boost Food Safety Efforts". Washington Post. 2009. [the forum won't allow a post with this link so to read the full Washington Post article and citation see the Wikipedia page on salmonella, number 13 under references]"Among them is a final rule, issued by the FDA, to reduce the contamination in eggs. About 142,000 Americans are infected each year with Salmonella enteritidis from eggs, the result of an infected hen passing along the bacterium. About 30 die." Notice, "142,000 Americans are infected each year... 30 die." Those 30 were most likely in poor health to start with.

The nutritional content of eggs is vastly different depending on several things. You know the commercial happy milk comes from happy cows or something like that? Same deal with eggs and chicken. Chickens, just like humans but that's for a different thread, are simply not designed to eat grains. Grains are a fairly recent human invention designed to support a ridiculous amount of people on a small planet. In the vast history of chickens, just like humans, grains were not eaten. Getting an egg from a pasture raised chicken who's diet wasn't supplemented by grains is the most nutritious version of the egg. "Free Range" doesn't mean squat. In order for something to be labeled as "Free Range" the chickens have to have access to the outdoors which is often times no more than a small dog door in the hen house. "Cage Free" isn't much better, this just means they don't live in cages, they can still be packed into a small house where they're on top of one another. Look around at local farms or ask someone at your local health food store, I'm sure you can find some.

Next up, protein quality and absorption of raw eggs. "On three of the four scientific scales for protein quality used in the past few decades - Protein Efficiency Rating, Biological Value, and Net Protein Utilization - eggs consistently score highest in the quality of their protein, soundly beating milk, beef, whey, and soy. (All are tied with a perfect score of 1.00 on the fourth, the Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score.)" (Bowden, 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, 2007, Fair Winds Press.) As for avidin binding with botin, ok, fair enough. But what self respecting health freak doesn't take a multi? And if you take you're multi a few hours from when you take your consume the eggs or if you break it up and take smaller amounts through out the day, there's no problem.

In an attempt to keep this post from getting too long(too late), I'll skip to egg yolks. Eggs, yolks and all, are packed full of vitamins and minerals. Of the RDV% for vitamin B2, a.k.a. riboflavin, and B12 they are in the double digits. Egg yolks contain cholesterol but according to Dr. Walter Willett of Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Public Health where he is chairman of the department of nutrition, "No research has ever shown that people who eat more eggs have more heart attacks than people who eat few eggs." (Bowden, 2007) Infact the opposite is true. Eggs have a chemical in them that help lower serum cholesterol. You generally do not want to break the yolk though. If you do cook your eggs and the cooked yolks are exposed to air, the cholesterol oxidizes which has all kinds of health issues. The longer the egg's been exposed to the air the more oxidization has taken place, so no buffets with scrambled eggs sitting there for hours. The yolk has fat. Fat, including saturated fat, is an essential nutrient. Fat of just about every variety is in every cell of your body. Not only that, but fat is the 'cleanest burning' nutritional energy source there is. Fat digests slower, mostly in the upper portion of the small intestine, so you feel fuller, longer and they give you a slower, more sustained energy boost. So why skip out on the yolk when it is packed full of so many nutrients. I personally like to take Acetyl-L-carnitine which transports the fatty acids from the blood to the mitochondria in every cell.

P.S. I'm vegan so I'm not promoting eating eggs. I'm simply passing along information from credible sources.

The majority of the information in the post comes from 3 books by Jonny Bowden: The Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth, 2008; The 150 Most Effective Ways to Boost Your Energy, 2009; and The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, 2007. Additional information comes from: Know Your Fats: A Complete Premier for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol, Mary G. Enig, Bethesda Press, 2000; as well as sources sited in the body of the post.
    strong first post yo

put'n the ILL in ILLinos redbirdfan1's Avatar
    redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) redbirdfan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by INGENIUM View Post
    two things

^ yes..this.
    02 Operation Enduring Freedom Vet
    ****** TF Rakkasan, 101st ABN, 19ASOS USAF
    03 Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet
    ******101st ABN, 19ASOS USAF

Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hansolo261 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000) chillinn86 is just really nice. (+1000)
    your only getting about 50% of the protein from a raw egg, whereas your getting 90% from a cooked egg.

....But then again Rocky eats raw eggs and look at his transformation from Rocky 1 to Rocky 4, so its gotta work, right?
    ACE - CPT
    ACE - FNS
    NASM - CES
    KBC LVL 1

B.S. - Exercise Physiology

Jersey Crew 201

"Find what you love and let it kill you."

"You got a dream? You gotta protect it. When people can't do something themselves they want to tell you, you can't. If you want something, go get it. Period."

sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sandaltan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    unless youre an infant or a senior, your risk of getting sick from eating a raw egg (that isnt rotten) is close to zero.