NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Figure vs. Fitness Model?

Hello everyone! I will be competing for the first time this year. I am planning to compete in figure but I am also considering competing in fitness model. Can anyone highlight the differences between the two and give me some pointers on how to decide if one is a better fit for me and/or what it?s like to compete in both at the same competition? I know the general differences, like the difference in physique and the difference in outfits, but I would like the opinion of someone that has been there. Thanks!

judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000) judokamatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    i would think that both are about the same but fitness would be less about overall body like boobs, butt, legs and such i mean its more the most fit and toned and proportionate (muscle wise) wins, where as figure takes in to account the whole package natural body shape, muscles, face, everything

am i right in my thinking? i think i am from what i have read about the two, but to me i dont see much difference in the competitors on each except fitness might have a bit leaner BF% but that could just be a fluke from only seeing a few pics
    rep back 600+ (post in same thread as me please or i will not rep you back)

"i strive to improve strength, muscle is just a by product." <---7399martyn's 11-3-08

jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10) jewelofnile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What federation are you planning on competing in? All federations are different. I compete as a figure competitor (not model). The federations I compete in have fitness competitions as opposed to fitness model competitions. Some feds do have figure modeling, bikini modeling, etc. I guess it depends on what you want to do. Research the federation to see what the difference is. You may also want to post your question to the "Fitness Competitions" forum as there may be some gals there that do "Fitness Modeling" or "Figure Modeling."

Good luck!
    Walk softly and carry an armored tank division, I always say.
    - Colonel Nathan R. Jessep (a.k.a. Jack Nicholson), A Few Good Men

TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TQsmooth5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Figure is more of a symmetry type physique where you showcase your ...well your "figure" (lol) . Fitness competitions involve more active routines...jumping, one-armed push-ups, etc....but you'll still have to do the mandatory rounds as well.

NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NB25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jewelofnile View Post
    What federation are you planning on competing in? All federations are different. I compete as a figure competitor (not model). The federations I compete in have fitness competitions as opposed to fitness model competitions. Some feds do have figure modeling, bikini modeling, etc. I guess it depends on what you want to do. Research the federation to see what the difference is. You may also want to post your question to the "Fitness Competitions" forum as there may be some gals there that do "Fitness Modeling" or "Figure Modeling."

Good luck!
    I will be competing in OCB. I've gone over the guidelines for each (http://www.theocbwebsite.com/FigureGuidelines.htm, http://www.theocbwebsite.com/FitnessModelGuidelines.htm) but I still feel a little unsure about the female fitness model category. I'm training with someone that has a lot of experience with figure training and competing; so, I hear all types of pointers about figure. He has no experience whatsoever with preparing for fitness model, though. So, I'm wondering what the 'insider information' for that category is. For example: Where do competitors buy their clothes? What type of music do they use? What types of poses do they do? How do they decide on a walk and do they make them up themselves? I've had all of these questions answered for figure but I'm clueless about fitness model. I didn?t post this in the ?Fitness Competition? section originally because I was afraid that was exclusively for competitions that involve routines. I will check it out, though. Thanks for your input!