mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Messed up my wrist.. am i screwed?

So ive been working out for a while now and my wrists have always bothered me a little but it wasnt too bad.. In the past month or so they got worse and it got to a point where i had to wrap them and then threw on my gloves and had to workout.. Yesterday i was working out and was doing curls and then boom just felt something in my left wrist and had to drop weight and couldnt continue on anymore. Needless to say i was pretty pissed off but i could not finish my workout and went home. This then caused me to cheat friday night and saturday morning but ive picked myself up and am going to continue keto.

I'm taking saturday and sunday off from the gym but i think its going to take more time for my wrist to heal enough so i can continue lifting.. I consider what i lift heavy.. at least its way better than before and i for one know i cannot hold 75 lb dummbels in my hands right now.. so is it going to be bad if i take a week off from the weights but continue keto diet and cardio everyday? Will i lose muscle.. should i just force myself in the gym on monday.. ahh help i was making solid progress until yesterdays workout what do i do?

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When anything hurts, stop training that part and give it at least a week to heal.

Your wrists are used for a lot of things so you have to keep them in good shape like your ankles.

You have learned your #1 lesson to not getting injured.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10) trainerjyms is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You may need to learn some new exercises or grips. Sometimes switching it up can do wonders. I would still find out what's causing it and maybe get someone to show you how to do a tape job that would help with your problem.

mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mars88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trainerjyms View Post
    You may need to learn some new exercises or grips. Sometimes switching it up can do wonders. I would still find out what's causing it and maybe get someone to show you how to do a tape job that would help with your problem.
    At this point i dont think a tape job will even help because when i did feel the pain yesterday i wrapped my wrist even tighter with the bandage to the point where i couldnt move my hand and it still was was killing. And yeah its hard to do anything because most of my workouts will use my wrists.. the only time i dont use them is when i train legs.. so i will probably go see a doctor too but im guessing hes just going to say i strained it and to take time off and put some ointment on it.. will taking up to a week off from the weights hinder my progress/cause muscle loss?

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mars88 View Post
    At this point i dont think a tape job will even help because when i did feel the pain yesterday i wrapped my wrist even tighter with the bandage to the point where i couldnt move my hand and it still was was killing. And yeah its hard to do anything because most of my workouts will use my wrists.. the only time i dont use them is when i train legs.. so i will probably go see a doctor too but im guessing hes just going to say i strained it and to take time off and put some ointment on it.. will taking up to a week off from the weights hinder my progress/cause muscle loss?
    No, as long as you are training something, you won't see any muscle loss.

Keep the protein high and train legs and cardio for a week. It might take two weeks.

The more time you give it, the better it will be.

Also I would not use gloves with wraps at the bottom of them. They caused my wrist injury. Use gloves that cover the hands only.

Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    No, as long as you are training something, you won't see any muscle loss.

Keep the protein high and train legs and cardio for a week. It might take two weeks.

The more time you give it, the better it will be.

Also I would not use gloves with wraps at the bottom of them. They caused my wrist injury. Use gloves that cover the hands only.
    Ah really? I thought those are the best kind because they keep your wrists tight.. so what i would do then just get regular gloves without the wrist support.. and then just use tape for my wrist?

My normal week goes:
    Day 1 Chest Tri Abs
    Day 2 Back BI
    Day 3 Leg+Shoulders Abs
    Day 4: Chest Tri
    Day 5: Back Bi
    Day 6: Leg+Shoulders Abs

With cardio 5 days a week.. so now maybe take 1-2 weeks off.. train legs twice a week do cardio 5 times a week and abs 3 times a week, continue with keto and ill be fine? What type of strength loss do you suppose i would see when returning as i imagine there would have to be some? If i can max bench 200 now for 5 reps.. would i still be able to do that after not benching for a week or maybe even 2 like you say

First thing I see is that you have no allowance for rest. You need rest to grow and you cannot train constantly. Your body grows during rest, no actually during the training.

Twy a two on, one off, then two on and then two off routine for proper rest and rebuilding.

For the glove, no wrisp wraps at all unless you need straps for shrugs or deadlifts. This wil lead to better forarm development which could have been why you unjured yourself. I made the same mistake myself.

You need to not worry about how much you can lift seeing it doesn't meatter when you can't lift anything due to shot wrists.

Just continue to train everything not requiring your wrists and you will not lose muscle if you maintain a lot of protein intake.

First thing I see is that you have no allowance for rest. You need rest to grow and you cannot train constantly. Your body grows during rest, no actually during the training.

Twy a two on, one off, then two on and then two off routine for proper rest and rebuilding.

For the glove, no wrisp wraps at all unless you need straps for shrugs or deadlifts. This wil lead to better forarm development which could have been why you unjured yourself. I made the same mistake myself.

You need to not worry about how much you can lift seeing it doesn't meatter when you can't lift anything due to shot wrists.

Just continue to train everything not requiring your wrists and you will not lose muscle if you maintain a lot of protein intake.
    sounds good thanks for your help i will def try the two on 1 off thing.. i figured giving 72 hours rest in between muscle groups would be okay as i trained chest day 1 and wouldnt do chest again until day 4 so why is that wrong? Yes i'd train 6 straight days then take sunday off but it would never be the same muscle group.. each muscle group would get trained twice.. every 72 hours.. isnt that considered rest and recovery?

sounds good thanks for your help i will def try the two on 1 off thing.. i figured giving 72 hours rest in between muscle groups would be okay as i trained chest day 1 and wouldnt do chest again until day 4 so why is that wrong? Yes i'd train 6 straight days then take sunday off but it would never be the same muscle group.. each muscle group would get trained twice.. every 72 hours.. isnt that considered rest and recovery?
    nah, your body needs to recover completely or your central nervous system will be shot.

Also, every 6-8 weeks, i recommend compeltely no weights and just cardio for a week to allow for your central nervous system and your whole body to completely repair.

After doign so you should feel the difference. It is liek you are he-man or something. Incredible.

Rest is just as important or actually more important than the training aspect.

nah, your body needs to recover completely or your central nervous system will be shot.

Also, every 6-8 weeks, i recommend compeltely no weights and just cardio for a week to allow for your central nervous system and your whole body to completely repair.

After doign so you should feel the difference. It is liek you are he-man or something. Incredible.

Rest is just as important or actually more important than the training aspect.

ah well its been 5 months of weight lifting and i think ive only take a week off once due to sickness so maybe it would be wise now then to take the week off without training legs either and completly heal my injury?

ah well its been 5 months of weight lifting and i think ive only take a week off once due to sickness so maybe it would be wise now then to take the week off without training legs either and completly heal my injury?
    It wouldn't hurt bud. You need to take a break every so often to allow things to fix up properly and allow your CNS to recoup.