Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Lazy lifter gets a kick up the arse.

Rather than keep doing the same old thing with the same mediocre results I've reached out for help for the first time.
    I had a log before, somewhere, cba to find it. This one is so I can actually remember what I did, assuming I remember after leaving the gym.

My previous maximums are probably somewhere on my profile, I'm a little below those numbers right now after a period of half arsing things followed by a break. I've been back for 3 months doing 3 days full body then 2 cycles of 4 day 5/3/1.

I'm fat. 20% apparently and have terrible genetics for fat distribution and low T, hormone panel last year puts me right at the bottom of "normal", but sod it, goal is to get lean and fit again. I'll worry about setting new PBs later.

Monday:

(warmups 3 x 4 x lighter weights)
    4 x No rest circuit, tempo on all 4 seconds eccentric, explosive concentric, 2 mins rest between circuits.
    Squat 8 x 100Kg
    Wide grip pulldown 8 x 66Kg
    Hamstring curl 8 x 66Kg
    Incline bench 8 x 80Kg

Notes
    Squat reduced to 90Kg for final set, bench reduced to 60Kg. Squats were highbar, something I'm not used to performing. My work capacity is even worse than I thought.

4 x No rest circuit, tempo 4.1, no rest between circuits:
    Leg Press x 15
    Close grip cable low row x 15
    GHR x 15
    Flat dumbell bench x 15

Notes
    Weights (unknown by me) were about right that the 15th rep was a struggle. By set 3 I could only perform 12 bodyweight GHRs due to lower back pump. I was also gasping like the unfit fat fcker I am.

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tuesday

Changed breakfast from my usual eggs and oats to meat and nuts.

All lifts 4.1 tempo - slow eccentric, explosive concentric.
    warmups 3 rounds of first circuit with lighter weights.

4 x No rest circuit, 2 minutes rest between rounds:
    Squat (cambered bar, highbar position) 8 x 80Kg
    Supinated pull up 8 x bodyweight
    GHR 8 x bodyweight+7.5Kg
    Flat bench with wide neutral grip bar 8 x 60Kg

Notes
    squats with a bar thats bent in funny angles is really odd, I didn't like the hand position on the sides, more painful on the traps and less stable as less tight up there.
    Neutral grip bar for bench was OK but didn't like the actual diameter of the grip. I'm used to trying to break the bar in my hands so this felt less stable even though the hand position was ostensibly better for shoulder health.

4 x No rest circuit, no rest between rounds:
    Power squat machine 10 x machine+15Kg
    Medium grip pronated low row 10 x 66Kg
    Pointed toe hamstring curls 10 x 35Kg
    Strict military press 10 x 40Kg

Notes
    The squat machine is deeeeeeep.
    My left knee had weird tendon twinges in the curls.
    Last edited by lunchbreak; 05-12-2015 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Wishful thinking

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The weird bar is called a cambered bar.

Welcome to the journals.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's great to have you back Doug
    I wouldn't have called your previous results 'mediocre' .. after two years, pulling 240kg+ and squatting 170kg+ plus competing in the strong man comps is all pretty alpha in my books
    Looking forward to seeing where you are now and how quickly that muscle memory pushes you back into new territory
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In! By the sounds of it I could learn a thing or two in here! Looking forward to your comeback!

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome back man. I remember your old journal and "mediocre" lifts Subbed
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    The weird bar is called a cambered bar.
    I prefer to call it bloody awkward! I hate training yoke for the same reasons I hate this bar.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Looking forward to seeing where you are now and how quickly that muscle memory pushes you back into new territory
    Thanks Andrew. Last week was my last 1+ week of my old 5/3/1 routine. Numbers were: 6 x 140Kg squat, 6 x 105Kg bench, 8 x 180Kg dead, 6 x 65Kg OHP. So a little down on last year with bench and OHP being the biggest losers which doesn't come as too much of a surprise. Bear in mind my squats were low bar until now and all lifts were performed with no regard to tempo at all. One of the really noticeable things about the training I'm being guided through is how much effort the eccentric takes when stretched out to a count of 4. I can't lift anything like the same numbers this way but all this extra time under tension still leaves it's mark. My CV fitness and work capacity should come up fairly quickly, then I'll start being able to challenge things properly.

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    In! By the sounds of it I could learn a thing or two in here! Looking forward to your comeback!
    Thanks but I think I could learn a bit about staying strong while leaning up from you.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Welcome back man. I remember your old journal and "mediocre" lifts Subbed
    Cheers, I mean mediocre for my bodyweight. If I can have the same strength and be 20lbs lighter I'd be a lot more pleased. So, this is the plan and I approached someone I respect hugely for his achievements to help me get there.

Thursday

Tempo 3 seconds eccentric, 1 second pause, explosive concentric on everything.

6 rounds, 2 minutes rest between rounds:
    Flat bench: 6 x 60Kg
    Incline dumbbell press: 12 x 20Kg per hand
    Neutral grip pull up: 6 x bodyweight + 2.5Kg
    Supinated pulldown: 12 x 68Kg

Notes
    Bench too light for chest but triceps fried by the dumbbell presses. My pec involvement in pressing movements is always minimal. Forearms got painfully fried on the pulling.

No rest drops:
    8 x 25Kg per hand flat dumbbell press.
    8 x 22.5Kg ^
    8 x 20kg ^

8 x 68Kg close grip cable row
    8 x 61Kg ^
    8 x 56Kg ^

Notes
    Triceps buggered, chest not feeling anything. Rows too light.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hard work today! So, what are you doing in terms of diet? You and I are the same height, and if you are at 200lbs leaning up and getting stronger shouldn't be too hard from this point.
    Looks like a great workout with the slow eccentrics, pauses and explosive concentrics, not to mention the continuous rounds.

Hard work today! So, what are you doing in terms of diet? You and I are the same height, and if you are at 200lbs leaning up and getting stronger shouldn't be too hard from this point.
    Looks like a great workout with the slow eccentrics, pauses and explosive concentrics, not to mention the continuous rounds.
    Diet is untracked. I used to work it all out to the last calorie but it's just not worth the relationship issues. If I was in great shape and contest prepping then obviously things would be different. I am familiar enough with my maintenance needs and food values to guesstimate things. My general meal plan is to get protein and fat in every meal, most carbs either before the gym or in my evening meal after training and not to eat all the cakes birthday boys and girls ritually bring into the office. I was 90Kg dead this morning, obviously there is fluctuation but the weight trend is satisfyingly downwards.
    Not sure about the workout. Just found myself wanting to press something really heavy.

Friday

10 x 6 x 60Kg High pulls.
    2 minutes rest between sets.

Notes
    Ripped 3 callouses off, gained 2 blisters, bruised both thighs, scraped both shins. Enjoyed doing so and discovered they are a great exercise for working the calf muscles too.

2 rounds, no rest circuit, 2 mins rest between rounds:
    6 x 80Kg squat to touch safety at a little above parallel, 4 seconds eccentric, touch then hold for 2 seconds, explosive concentric.
    12 x unweighted pivoting squat machine, close duck foot stance, 4.1 tempo
    25 per leg bodyweight walking lunge.

Notes
    Quads were overloaded, holding the squat at that height and not allowed to rest on the safety was brutal, the machine after took some involuntary noises and swearing. Rather embarrassingly failed before the end of the last set of lunges.

2 rounds, no rest circuit, 2 mins between rounds:
    6 x 60kg RDL, 3 seconds down, hold for 1, explosive up.
    12 x bodyweight horizontal hyperextension, 2 seconds down, explosive up, hold at horizontal for 2 seconds
    hamstring curl

Notes
    Left knee buggered from all this hamstring curl machine use. Painful tendon pinging behind it. Had to stop almost immediately. Tried some ART but it needs a rest, I'm not 25 anymore.
    Last edited by lunchbreak; 05-15-2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Useless brain

Solid work today! Sounds like some more brutal circuit work. I get some funky chit going on in the back of my knee doing ham curls every once in a while and well.
    Your diet sounds about the same as mine. My last two cuts I haven't tracked a thing, just aim for a rough protein and fat goal and have a good idea when I am eating at a deficit or surplus. It's not too scientific, but it works when you have some experience with it.

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    Thanks Andrew. Last week was my last 1+ week of my old 5/3/1 routine. Numbers were: 6 x 140Kg squat, 6 x 105Kg bench, 8 x 180Kg dead, 6 x 65Kg OHP. So a little down on last year with bench and OHP being the biggest losers which doesn't come as too much of a surprise. Bear in mind my squats were low bar until now and all lifts were performed with no regard to tempo at all. One of the really noticeable things about the training I'm being guided through is how much effort the eccentric takes when stretched out to a count of 4. I can't lift anything like the same numbers this way but all this extra time under tension still leaves it's mark. My CV fitness and work capacity should come up fairly quickly, then I'll start being able to challenge things properly.
    That's a pretty good place to start Doug ... I'd be happy with any one of those lifts .... for a single
    I like the tempo work and the slow negs are a great way to keep the TuT. Doing slow negs on the 80kg squats would have got tired pretty quickly and you wouldn't think that BW walking lunges could be tough but I bet you are hating them when they came around

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Solid work today! Sounds like some more brutal circuit work. I get some funky chit going on in the back of my knee doing ham curls every once in a while and well.
    Your diet sounds about the same as mine. My last two cuts I haven't tracked a thing, just aim for a rough protein and fat goal and have a good idea when I am eating at a deficit or surplus. It's not too scientific, but it works when you have some experience with it.
    The knee thing is something I've been aware of previously but since I only ever did one day a week using this machine in the past it never became painful, doing it 3 times, each with high volume, was just asking for trouble.

That's a pretty good place to start Doug ... I'd be happy with any one of those lifts .... for a single
    I like the tempo work and the slow negs are a great way to keep the TuT. Doing slow negs on the 80kg squats would have got tired pretty quickly and you wouldn't think that BW walking lunges could be tough but I bet you are hating them when they came around
    I couldn't believe I would fail at bodyweight lunges. Then again I am shocked at how low my weights lifted are across the board done like this. It is going to take a while to get used to. Without the properly heavy element I do worry about losing strength while shrinking. We shall see.

Monday

20 mins continuous, no rest:
    2 x 80Kg squat, ATG. 5 seconds down, explosive up.
    2 x BW+15Kg incline hyper, 5 seconds down, explosive up, pause at top.

4 x
    6 x 40Kg Lunges per leg
    6 x 35Kg cable pull through

Notes
    Glutes and lower back were fried by the end of the 20 mins. I think I could have pushed the squat weight higher though.

Tuesday

20 minutes, continuous rotation, no rest, 5 seconds eccentric:
    2 x 80Kg bench
    2 x BW pronated grip pull up

20 minutes, continuous rotation, no rest, 3 seconds eccentric:
    6 x 17.5Kg per hand incline dumbbell press
    6 x 27.5Kg kroc row per hand

Notes
    started getting elbow overuse warning pains in the second rotation. My dumbell pressing strength is **** compared to my bench.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take are of that elbow.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Thursday

2 x 70Kg front squat
    2 x BW GHR from upright all the way to head pointing at floor and back, easier.

20 minutes, continuous rotation, no rest:
    6 x 25Kg poliquin step up per leg
    6 x BW+10Kg horizontal hyperextension

Notes
    Low back hates me right now

Friday

2 x BW supinated chin up
    2 x BW dip

20 minutes, continuous rotation, no rest, 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down:
    6 x ~25Kg hammer grip curl bar
    6 x 10Kg per hand incline dumbell tricep extension

Notes
    Pumptastic. Elbow still hurts.

Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    Friday

2 x BW supinated chin up
    2 x BW dip

20 minutes, continuous rotation, no rest, 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down:
    6 x ~25Kg hammer grip curl bar
    6 x 10Kg per hand incline dumbell tricep extension

Notes
    Pumptastic. Elbow still hurts.
    That workout sounds excruciating Doug! Forty minutes of Time Under Tension ... arms must have felt like they were exploding. How was your grip holding up at the end?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

That workout sounds excruciating Doug! Forty minutes of Time Under Tension ... arms must have felt like they were exploding. How was your grip holding up at the end?
    Grip held out but my forearms were painfully pumped like Popeye. All these workouts are excruciating to me. Still getting used to the volume. I miss lifting heavy, it was far easier!

Gym days interrupted by real life this week so aiming for Tue, Wed, Sun & Mon. Then I'm off for a week lying on a beach.

Tuesday

4 rounds, no rest between exercises, 3 minutes between rounds:
    6 x 90Kg squat - highbar, 5 seconds down, explosive up
    12 x Power squat machine +40Kg - 3 seconds down, explosive up
    25 x Leg press + 80Kg - 2 seconds down, 2 seconds up, no knee lockout

Notes
    Lactic acid burn. Had to reduce squat to 80Kg on last round, form was breaking down with the slow eccentric. Struggled to walk down the steps to leave the gym. Glad I drive an automatic.

Hate the stairs after an intensive leg session
    Where are you holidaying and will you be getting any training in while you're away?

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Man I threw up alittle reading that leg workout! That had to suck Fantastic work! I don't think your body is going to have a choice but to grow and get damn strong on this program.

Hate the stairs after an intensive leg session
    Where are you holidaying and will you be getting any training in while you're away?
    Halkidiki. I just hope I don't put much weight on as I've just slimmed enough to get back into my dinner suit and we are attending my company's 50th anniversary celebration cruise on the QM2 the weekend after. This is the calm before the storm, a week after we get back the builders are in and we'll have to move out! Our house move fell through because this cottage is a tough sell with no dining room or upstairs bathroom so we are rectifying that. Sadly my home gym will have to wait for a few more years.

Man I threw up alittle reading that leg workout! That had to suck Fantastic work! I don't think your body is going to have a choice but to grow and get damn strong on this program.
    I couldn't stand up for a good few minutes after the final exercise. The squat weight looks low but doing them at this tempo without being allowed to rest at the top is far more challenging to me than an extra 30% weight.

Wednesday

3 rounds, no rest between exercises, 3 minutes between rounds:
    6 x dip BW+15Kg - 4 seconds down, hold 1, then up
    12 x 60Kg Incline barbell press - 3 seconds down, explosive up
    25 x 15Kg per hand incline dumbell press - 2 seconds down, 2 seconds up

Notes
    Had to reduce to BW dip, 40Kg press and 10Kg dumbells for final round! Triceps fried.

3 rounds, no rest between exercises, 3 minutes between rounds:
    6 x BW pronated pull-up - 5 seconds from top to dead hang, explosive pull
    12 x 48Kg supinated pull down - 3 seconds eccentric
    25 x someweighticantremember straight arm lat pushdown - 2 seconds down/up

Notes
    Forearms painfully pumped again.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't notice you in here....

Anyway,
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good to see you back at it mang!

Im in for the ride
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic

Holiday was good, the gym at the hotel was limited but I got a few full body sessions in to keep me ticking over. I was back for 3 days then spent a long weekend on the QM2 cruising back from Hamburg as part of our company 50th anniversary.

I missed a few log entries. Basically they consisted of much the same, lower weight, high TuT, high sustained work output stuff.

This experiment is over as I need every spare hour on the house. My normal gym is closer to work so I can fit it in better.

First night back at my gym I did a bit of testing. I've lost strength on all upper body lifts. eg. previously I could bang out 6-8 at 60Kg OHP, now struggled to get 2 and that was horribly imbalanced with my left shoulder moving in completely different pattern to my right. That's a low I haven't seen for a long time.
    On the positive side I am leaner and fitter. I could easily recover from sets and was pushing to do more volume. This has come at a cost of size, and not just fat, a few of my gym buddies asked me if I had stopped training because I looked like I didn't lift... In retrospect there is much sense in keeping doing whatever you did to build the muscle to hold on to it while losing weight.

My plan for for next week onwards is to go back to 5/3/1 for main lifts with backoff sets and do as much assistance volume as I can with some different movements to fix imbalances and weak areas. It was noticeable that my dumbell pressing strength in any plane was shockingly bad compared to my barbell numbers so I'll continue to add those in and slowly bring the weights up. I'm going to throw in some of the more explosive movements too, high pulls being the obvious choice. If I manage to get time on a weekend day I'm going to try and get a strongman event session in as well.

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good to see you at it.

I wouldn't fret much over all of that. Eye opening and worth considering for your plan; but i reckon you will rebound very quickly.
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic

It doesn't take long to lose mass when you cut back on the heavy lifting, especially when you lift as much heavy volume as you'd been doing. The good news is that the muscle memory will kick in quickly and within a month you'll be back close to your old PRs and volume. That extra fitness will pay dividends as well

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

I hope it comes back as quick as you say. Last night was squats and I managed 5 x 130Kg but the last 2 were squat mornings and there was no way I could have done more than a double at 140Kg. I hate going backwards.
    Also did:
    2 x 10 x 100Kg highbar squat, rapid fire, constant movement, full depth, no lockout
    3 x 8 x 100Kg snatch grip RDL (strapless)
    3 x 15 x 220Kg close foot position leg press, constant motion, no lockout
    3 x 10 x 20Kg hamstring curl (20Kg on this machine feels like 46Kg on the other one)
    3 x 15 Hanging leg raise
    2 x 10 Hanging leg raise (pussied out of the extra 5!)

Had to move the lever thing on my lifting belt in by 2 notches.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is so awesome. I can outlift Doug - well for about the next two weeks anyway...

I reckon you will be surprised how quick it comes back. Meanwhile, 2 notches? you must be so lean!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    This is so awesome. I can outlift Doug - well for about the next two weeks anyway...
    You can! Motivation!

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Meanwhile, 2 notches? you must be marginally less fat!
    Fixed!
    I didn't use a the belt for about 5 weeks and it was a little loose last time. I'm not that lean, back to 32" trousers from 34" fat bastard ones. Abs only show when flexed under favourable lighting. Plenty of muffin top to go.