Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hooks vs. Straps

OK...in doing SLDLs and Shrugs I am starting to get to some weight where I probably should be using one of these. I know Rage suggests straps in the vids.

I'd like to get thoughts...one better than another? Suggest different accessory based on exercise?

Going to order a set, just wondering which would be best, or if I should just dive in and get both?

Thanks
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    Triple Strength Osteo-BiFlex
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Protein(whatever I can afford right now...sucks I know)

Other

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thorfinnr View Post
    OK...in doing SLDLs and Shrugs I am starting to get to some weight where I probably should be using one of these. I know Rage suggests straps in the vids.

I'd like to get thoughts...one better than another? Suggest different accessory based on exercise?

Going to order a set, just wondering which would be best, or if I should just dive in and get both?

Thanks
    I am a big fan of the sheik dowels.
    If I can do it, you can do it! Now get up and do something! IT'S GO TIME!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Want to know more about Hellraiser Training?

Check out the forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=573

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ggfusion View Post
    Twards the end of our challenge we were carb cycling hardcore putting us in or damn close to Ketosis. However you need to gear it for you. Just remember though on a keto diet once you have emptied the tank your gains will suffer later in the week VS your carb loaded workouts being fantastic. I am going to have to deffer this one to Rage or anyone that knows more than I do on the subject in regaurds to using it on HRT but I would imagine from my experience on the Anabolic diet I used to do that it just wouldnt fit in very well with this schedule. Incidently I have lost more weight and gained more muscle going to a more balanced healthy diet and using HRT.
    Looks like the question was removed brother, but absolutely man, any diet you're good using HRT. All in all the macros are dependent on the goal. HRT is just one part of the formula.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

http://www.********.com/tom.r.fuller.5

Instagram Handle: ragingmuscle

ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50) ggfusion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ragingmuscle View Post
    Looks like the question was removed brother, but absolutely man, any diet you're good using HRT. All in all the macros are dependent on the goal. HRT is just one part of the formula.
    There is the Keto answer for you Goldeni GO FOR IT!

I am a firm believer and Proof that the Hellraiser method works, and I am just getting started!

Check out the videos: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hrt-animal-hellraiser-trainer-series-overview.html

jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhampukdia is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Merry Christmas

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas Sir Tom ,

is it ok to workout without shoes ????
    im still not getting adjusted to wearing shoes and doing the workouts
    im more comfortable doing it barefeet ,
    i get better grip that way
    please guide
    thanks
    regards
    Sannjay

thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50) thorfinnr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK...got a supp question here.

I see on the PUMP, it says to take daily since it has the daily dose of creatine.

To make the pump stretch longer, would it be OK to take it on workout days, and use a micronized creatine powder for a 5g dose on off days?
    (I have the BB.com Micronized Creatine on hand already.)

With PUMP in a 30 pack, and the rest in 44s, it could help the budget by stretching the PUMP to 11 weeks(taken 4 times a week on lifting days) instead of 4 weeks if taken every day.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OK...got a supp question here.

I see on the PUMP, it says to take daily since it has the daily dose of creatine.

To make the pump stretch longer, would it be OK to take it on workout days, and use a micronized creatine powder for a 5g dose on off days?
    (I have the BB.com Micronized Creatine on hand already.)

With PUMP in a 30 pack, and the rest in 44s, it could help the budget by stretching the PUMP to 11 weeks(taken 4 times a week on lifting days) instead of 4 weeks if taken every day.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    That would be more than fine...
    *Nobody cared who I was, until I put on the mask*

HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) HikingBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Welcome to Hell.

You have just stumbled across the official Hell Raiser Training thread. Congrats. Depending on your perspective, this could be an unfortunate turn of events, as there is a lot of pain in your near future. However, you just might be the kind of crazy iron addict who is committed to building the most muscle you ever have in just 12 short weeks and will stop at nothing to get there. If you are that rare breed, you’ve found your new home.

Let me just tell you a little about myself….

I am the creator of Hell Raiser Training and the principle behind the program that separates it from all others--Hellcentrics. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m known by the Animal Nation as Rage—trainer, competitor, Animal insider. I’ve been bodybuilding for over 25 years. You can check out my Bodyspace, if you feel so compelled, for details and to get to know me a little better: I eat, sleep and breathe the lifestyle and consider it an honor to be here sharing my program with you.

If you don’t have at least a couple good solid years under your belt in the iron game then this might not be the system for you just yet... It takes experience, personal knowledge and a dedicated training partner to execute HRT properly, so be honest with yourself and don’t waste your time if you’re not ready. If you’re not following each and every step of my trainer as I have laid it out for you, don’t expect to make the gains you should... This is advanced bodybuilding and there is a method to the madness, so have some faith. For many, this can be a turning point in their training. Seize the opportunity. The time has come to man up and commit or get the **** out of this thread.

If you have a question, post it here. Make it clear. Be specific. The Animal Nation and I will read each and every question and I will present the answers via video response right here in this thread, once a week. Be prepared because I’m going to call you out in the video. Your question and my answer. Excuses bore me and aggravate me… I don’t want to hear them. But if you want to learn and are hungry for progress, I’ll do all I can to help you reach your goals.

Want to see how to perform a specific lift not shown in the video series? Ask it here. I’ll demonstrate it for you myself. Surviving the heat of this training? Tell us about it. Share your story here. I’m here for all of the Animals who are down to do whatever it takes.

My guess is that most of you will not make it all 12 weeks. Simply put, there are those who sit idly by and dream about big things and those who actually get **** done. Which one are you?
    Just finished my first week of HRT. Just wanted to say thank you for this program. I am already seeing results and look forward to the next 11 weeks.
    -When I take off my underwear pubes fly out like confetti crew
    -Hiked over a thousand miles in Cascades crew
    -Biceps about to bust through my uniform crew
    -Pour me into my PT gear like Bisquick crew
    -Use half the toilet roll when wiping crew
    -I lift like I'm saving someone's life crew
    -US Air Force Communications crew
    -Can take a nap on traps crew

Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sprinter91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What can you gain from doing the solo HRT? I haven't worked out for 8 months and got out of shape and can't wait to start but my question also is should I start the Solo HRT or should I begin with something more easier first?

Thanks!

mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdead has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HikingBruh View Post
    Just finished my first week of HRT. Just wanted to say thank you for this program. I am already seeing results and look forward to the next 11 weeks.
    Niiice...!!!

Originally Posted by Sprinter91 View Post
    What can you gain from doing the solo HRT? I haven't worked out for 8 months and got out of shape and can't wait to start but my question also is should I start the Solo HRT or should I begin with something more easier first?

Thanks!
    Results vary from individual to individual... Diet, intensity level, age, genetics, and all that play into it...

ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ragingmuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HikingBruh View Post
    Stick with it brother! Enjoy!

Originally Posted by jhampukdia View Post
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas Sir Tom ,

is it ok to workout without shoes ????
    im still not getting adjusted to wearing shoes and doing the workouts
    im more comfortable doing it barefeet ,
    i get better grip that way
    please guide
    thanks
    regards
    Sannjay
    Happy New Year Sannjay! Hey your talking to a guy who wears flip flops when I train sometimes lol. I'm all for barefoot if that works best for you brother. Better be careful of falling plates and dumbbells dropping on the floor!
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Hey all...starting the diet...wanted to get some ideas...

Tom, Garrick, BB, Deadman, etc...what do you all do to liven up the meals?

Let me share one of mine, and maybe you guys will say I'm crazy...lol...I like to cook, and have been experimenting a little.

I take a serving of pre-cooked chicken breast(I've been cooking these on a grill), cut it up into small chunks, add it to the brown rice and heat it up. Stir in about 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter, about a teaspoon of honey, and a couple dashes of Cayenne pepper. Mix it all up and its really close to a dish I have had called "Thai Peanut Chicken", but usually served with noodles.

Also...the pre-packaged Brown Rice from the company that makes the 60 second rice(trying to avoid direct names)...not a good idea, or OK? Easy to keep this at work...but if it goes overboard on salt or something that would negatively affect the meal plan, I'll do the rice myself.

Looking forward to your input/ideas...so thanks to all in advance!
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Hey all...starting the diet...wanted to get some ideas...

Tom, Garrick, BB, Deadman, etc...what do you all do to liven up the meals?

Let me share one of mine, and maybe you guys will say I'm crazy...lol...I like to cook, and have been experimenting a little.

I take a serving of pre-cooked chicken breast(I've been cooking these on a grill), cut it up into small chunks, add it to the brown rice and heat it up. Stir in about 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter, about a teaspoon of honey, and a couple dashes of Cayenne pepper. Mix it all up and its really close to a dish I have had called "Thai Peanut Chicken", but usually served with noodles.

Also...the pre-packaged Brown Rice from the company that makes the 60 second rice(trying to avoid direct names)...not a good idea, or OK? Easy to keep this at work...but if it goes overboard on salt or something that would negatively affect the meal plan, I'll do the rice myself.

Looking forward to your input/ideas...so thanks to all in advance!
    That sounds really good especially if you're on a bulk. For me, bulk or cut, I do like to stick with low to mid GI foods such as oats, yams and brown rice. Gotta watch that instant brown rice as that tends to up the GI. You want carbs that will burn for a while. I prefer to use non caloric methods to liven up my meals such as dry seasonings. Salt, pepper, McCormicks or Mrs. Dash for example. I don't worry too much about the sodium unless I'm inside a week of getting up on stage. Hope this helps a little brother.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) athomas88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey guys, im back after a long absence! i am considering starting this...again. i miss the feeling of the massive pump and the feeling of accomplishment! its great to see this is still going strong!
    -Speed Kills, Strength Punishes-

Go hard for those that can go no more.- G Diesel

The future will soon be a thing of the past- George Carlin

I'm not into working out. My philosophy is no pain, no pain.- George Carlin

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.- Arnold

Working to weigh under 200 lbs.

OK...ready to start the diet...need to get some numbers I should shoot for Protein, Carbs, etc.

I have seen some folks post saying that Tom or one of the other guys has worked up their numbers.

How do I go about asking for that? PM or post in a certain thread? And what info do you need?

Is it possible to get an example menu using my numbers, kinda like on the main HRT page? That way I can get an idea of what portion sizes I should be shooting for so I know what to measure for meats/rice/yams/# of eggs/etc.?

Thanks!
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

That sounds really good especially if you're on a bulk. For me, bulk or cut, I do like to stick with low to mid GI foods such as oats, yams and brown rice. Gotta watch that instant brown rice as that tends to up the GI. You want carbs that will burn for a while. I prefer to use non caloric methods to liven up my meals such as dry seasonings. Salt, pepper, McCormicks or Mrs. Dash for example. I don't worry too much about the sodium unless I'm inside a week of getting up on stage. Hope this helps a little brother.
    Awesome, thanks Rage!

Got any tips for re-heating brown rice I cook at home? Will be portioning it out and have containers to warm up at work...just wondering if you add a small bit of water as you reheat or any other tips/tricks for reheating?

I figure I will put my sweet potatoes in the microwave at work to bake as needed, or do you recommend baking in conventional oven? I wasn't sure if there was a real difference.

Thanks again!
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Awesome, thanks Rage!

Got any tips for re-heating brown rice I cook at home? Will be portioning it out and have containers to warm up at work...just wondering if you add a small bit of water as you reheat or any other tips/tricks for reheating?

I figure I will put my sweet potatoes in the microwave at work to bake as needed, or do you recommend baking in conventional oven? I wasn't sure if there was a real difference.

Thanks again!
    Wal-Mart sells some Tupperware plates, that have a lid that is perfect for steaming... Something similar to this:

Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    Wal-Mart sells some Tupperware plates, that have a lid that is perfect for steaming... Something similar to this:
    Thanks Deadman...I'll see if I can find them to check out at my local Wally-World.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Thanks Deadman...I'll see if I can find them to check out at my local Wally-World.
    I picked up 3 of them... They're only like $5, but very much worth it...

brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mrdead View Post
    Wish I would have thought of this lol.
    [][][]ProMera Sports Rep[][][]

Bodybuilding.com

Special Offers:
    Buy 1x Con-Cret, Get 2x 8 Servings Free!!
    Buy 2x Pump-Extrem, Get 1x Free!!

Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

Originally Posted by athomas88 View Post
    hey guys, im back after a long absence! i am considering starting this...again. i miss the feeling of the massive pump and the feeling of accomplishment! its great to see this is still going strong!
    Good to hear you're back after it brother. Keep us posted on your progress.

OK...ready to start the diet...need to get some numbers I should shoot for Protein, Carbs, etc.

I have seen some folks post saying that Tom or one of the other guys has worked up their numbers.

How do I go about asking for that? PM or post in a certain thread? And what info do you need?

Is it possible to get an example menu using my numbers, kinda like on the main HRT page? That way I can get an idea of what portion sizes I should be shooting for so I know what to measure for meats/rice/yams/# of eggs/etc.?

Thanks!
    Awesome, thanks Rage!

Thanks again!
    I'm here to help brother. Looks like Dead has you hooked up on re-heating the rice. I just stab the yam about 10 times and nuke it...about 3 1/2 minutes per 1/2 pound or so for my microwave.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Registered User SnowmanFromHell's Avatar
    SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone, I am an athlete looking to put on size and strength. I see that the routine defiantly puts on size, but I was wondering if there are any strength gains? Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by SnowmanFromHell View Post
    Hi everyone, I am an athlete looking to put on size and strength. I see that the routine defiantly puts on size, but I was wondering if there are any strength gains? Thanks for your time.
    Short answer...Yes!

You will see strength gains, just remember this is not a power routine...but more balanced...size and strength...so the gain in strength will be slower due to the balanced gain. As the muscle rebuilds, it will be stronger. The weights you use will not be as heavy as you would for brute power...like Rage says, (I'm combining several quotes here)"Leave your ego at the door. This isn't about quantity, it's about quality...and exhausting the muscles in each exercise." I have learned this first hand.

Rage, Garrick, Deadman, etc...please correct me if I am misrepresenting anything here...I'm still the new-kid-in-the-yard.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000) brad23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Spot on IMO.

Short answer...Yes!

You will see strength gains, just remember this is not a power routine...but more balanced...size and strength...so the gain in strength will be slower due to the balanced gain. As the muscle rebuilds, it will be stronger. The weights you use will not be as heavy as you would for brute power...like Rage says, (I'm combining several quotes here)"Leave your ego at the door. This isn't about quantity, it's about quality...and exhausting the muscles in each exercise." I have learned this first hand.

Rage, Garrick, Deadman, etc...please correct me if I am misrepresenting anything here...I'm still the new-kid-in-the-yard.
    [][][]ProMera Sports Rep[][][]

Bodybuilding.com

Special Offers:
    Buy 1x Con-Cret, Get 2x 8 Servings Free!!
    Buy 2x Pump-Extrem, Get 1x Free!!

Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

Registered User SnowmanFromHell's Avatar
    SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10) SnowmanFromHell is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Short answer...Yes!

Perfect thank you so much man. I have to say i've been running it for two weeks now and i'm in love. Size has been incredible since i've gotten on this compared to pretty much every other routine i've tried. Thanks again

Originally Posted by SnowmanFromHell View Post
    Perfect thank you so much man. I have to say i've been running it for two weeks now and i'm in love. Size has been incredible since i've gotten on this compared to pretty much every other routine i've tried. Thanks again
    Anytime...like I said, I'm the new guy here...the rest of these guys are always ready to give advice and encouragement. And what more can you ask than Rage himself checking in regularly to give advice and guidance. Stick to it and you will be most satisfied with your progress.
    Harvey

Pre-Workout
    ON Creatine(in Juice)
    ON Opti-Men

Intra-Workout
    Water

Other

Short answer...Yes!

Well said brother.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

UncleBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys!

I just started week 3 of the solo program and absolutely love it. I am amazed at the burn during the workouts and the soreness the following day that comes from such low weights and relatively small number of sets & reps. Its awesome!

I have a question about picking the right weight. For example on day 2 on the bench presses. I use a smith machine at my gym and the first time around I started with 100lbs worth of plates on the decline. That wiped me out and I was only able to do 80lbs on the flat bench. That wiped me out even more and by the time I got to the incline, I only had 60lbs of plates on the bar.

The second week, I tried to average out the weight and did 80lbs on all 3 chest exercises. Obviously, the decline bench press was much easier and then the sets got harder as I went along.

Which approach is the correct one? Chose the weight individually for each exercise even if that lowers the weight you can do for the following exercises or average out the weight?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by UncleBee View Post
    Hi Guys!

I just started week 3 of the solo program and absolutely love it. I am amazed at the burn during the workouts and the soreness the following day that comes from such low weights and relatively small number of sets & reps. Its awesome!

I have a question about picking the right weight. For example on day 2 on the bench presses. I use a smith machine at my gym and the first time around I started with 100lbs worth of plates on the decline. That wiped me out and I was only able to do 80lbs on the flat bench. That wiped me out even more and by the time I got to the incline, I only had 60lbs of plates on the bar.

The second week, I tried to average out the weight and did 80lbs on all 3 chest exercises. Obviously, the decline bench press was much easier and then the sets got harder as I went along.

Which approach is the correct one? Chose the weight individually for each exercise even if that lowers the weight you can do for the following exercises or average out the weight?

Thanks!
    Good question brother. Pace yourself by using that 80 lbs so that you can make it through the entire chest session. Then, you're body will tell you when it's time to kick it up a notch. Another alternative is to throw in some incline flyes in place of the press to change things up a bit. Keep us posted brother.
    Lets get to work

Rage

Animalpak.com

UniversalUSA.com

Originally Posted by UncleBee View Post
    Hi Guys!

Thanks!
    Either way is good, I personally change the weights but I do it backwards to what you are doing, I start with the inclines because I know it is my weakest while I am at my strongest, then standard or mid then decline. Lately for me it has been all about shaping and complete muscle fatigue so I have been doing cable crossovers low to high, mid then high to low to hit my whole chest. The weights increase by about 10 or so pounds between each and I get a damn good chest workout. Figure out where you are getting the best breakdown and go with that. Don't be afraid to experiment brother, that is one of the great things about Rage's program.

Garrick