ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question B12 Shot to increase Metabolism

My weight has been at a crawl since the end of June. I've read that b12 shots help boost your metabolism. Has anyone tried the shot? Did you get any results ?

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ebonyyasmine View Post
    My weight has been at a crawl since the end of June. I've read that b12 shots help boost your metabolism. Has anyone tried the shot? Did you get any results ?
    I have not heared of this, do you have any info? And do you mean a shot from the doctor?

ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ebonyyasmine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^ yes, a shot from the Doctor

Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danceruk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not heard of it for that purpose

Very useful for people with IBD, I had several lots when I had bad flares of crohns, I didnt note much difference. Some people note an increase in energy

can be a useful supplement sublingually for vegans

...not too sure about any effect on metabolism

sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjk4272 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ebonyyasmine View Post
    I know a few people who have done it and all lost weight. One gained it back when she quit, though. But, one did not. The other has just started & hasn't done the first weigh in.
    They all went to a bariatric clinic in my area. They do a physical & blood work. It was covered under their insurance. They go and get a shot once a week.
    Like anything, it won't work alone, but it does give you a boost in addition to exercising & eating right.
    Good luck! If you try it, you'll have to let us know how it works for you.
    "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now" Zig Ziglar

BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000) BrotherDan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i used to take b12 shots to increase my appetite. it works for increasing appetite and increasing red blood cell count, that about it. gives small boosts of energy, but i wouldnt use it, if you are trying to lose weight.
    *****...sometimes knowing it's in the medicine cabinet is enough to calm me down.
    **a_new_g = teh wife**

KeikoRyuu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking B12

The mass shot of B12 is used at the Bernstein Diet Clinic's around here in conjunction with regulated multivitamin, calcium/potassium supplementation and a strict proportioned daily meal plan. Fast results but requires upkeep until such a time as you yourself learn to regulate your food intake.... not to mention lotsa needles commonly aimed at your butt. (<--- phobic of needles....ick!)

as a side note:

The symptoms of the overdose of vitamin B12 are numbness of any parts of body, itch, or a feeling of burning pain or pricking, as well as headache, giddiness, excitement, pains in the heart, the heart doesn't work normally.

Keizoku wa chikara nari
    Perseverance is power

I had the shot and it did seem to give me more energy. The shot is actually b complex vitamins. I think once a month may be ok. Once a week seems like it may be too much.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can get B vitamin pills that contain megadoses of B12 & other B vitamins. I use a pill that does under the tongue & absorbs into the bloodstream.
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sarah Gold is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    unless you are vitamin B12 deficient (specific kind of anemia; neurologic symptoms)...then i dont see the point in getting injections.

All B vitamins are water soluble so will just get flushed out. EXCEPT vitaming B12 is stored in your liver and can be stored there for years. so B12 deficiences are rare and are associated with other physiological problems that I wont delve in to.

So point is- you probably arent deficient because you would be having other problems and would know you are deficient...so extra just isnt going to do anything.
    "Ohm Shanti Shanti Shanti"

Location: Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50) weejac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Abena View Post
    unless you are vitamin B12 deficient (specific kind of anemia; neurologic symptoms)...then i dont see the point in getting injections.

All B vitamins are water soluble so will just get flushed out. EXCEPT vitaming B12 is stored in your liver and can be stored there for years. so B12 deficiences are rare and are associated with other physiological problems that I wont delve in to.

So point is- you probably arent deficient because you would be having other problems and would know you are deficient...so extra just isnt going to do anything.
    I get it for pernicious anaemia, I only get a jab once every twelve weeks and feel like hell in the last two weeks but it doesn't make me lose weight at all. As above, its nigh on impossible to be deficient without some autoimmune deficiency so probably won't help you out for weight loss.
    shh, there may just be a bit of muscle starting to show under the fat:D