GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Calorie deficit + Weight lifting

basically, can i go on a calorie deficit and still gain lean muscle if im eating about 200g of protein?. im eating only about 1500 cal a day on the deficit. im 6'1,190 LBS and about 18 % BF. and im not trying to become a beast or something, i just wanna raise my BMR with the muscle so i can cut faster.

TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheSmack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First off, 1500 calories is terribly low. I'd aim for at least 2000 calories at minimum for your current weight, possibly even a little more. Secondly, it is possible to gain some muscle on a caloric deficit, but it would be very little if any. Protein is required for muscular growth, but once you have eaten enough for the day eating more isn't going to make you magically gain more muscle than genetically possible.

GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GodzApostle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by TheSmack View Post
    First off, 1500 calories is terribly low. I'd aim for at least 2000 calories at minimum for your current weight, possibly even a little more. Secondly, it is possible to gain some muscle on a caloric deficit, but it would be very little if any. Protein is required for muscular growth, but once you have eaten enough for the day eating more isn't going to make you magically gain more muscle than genetically possible.
    but shouldnt the fat stores make up for the calorie deficit and be used to build the muscle if im eating enough protein? am i missing something big in my thinking?

BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFhOisbtvZY

There are about 4 of these videos in which this guys tells you how its possible. Try too limit your fat into to at most 25 grams a day. Like a 40carb 40protein 20 fat ratio maybe even a 45 45 10 (If you understood that)

Originally Posted by BigBryan18 View Post

There are about 4 of these videos in which this guys tells you how its possible. Try too limit your fat into to at most 25 grams a day. Like a 40carb 40protein 20 fat ratio maybe even a 45 45 10 (If you understood that)
    i assume percentages because it adds up to 100?

and i like the vids, thanks bruh. nice arms too.

brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000) brooklyndown is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree that 1500 calories a day is far too low. Your body will go into starvation mode and you will burn muscle. You should aim to eat between 2000-2300 calories a day depending on how active you are. At 2000 calories if you are aiming for a micronutrient ratio of 40-40-20 (protein, carb, fat), you should aim to eat 200g protein, 200g carbs, 44g fat. At the upper end (2300 calories) you should aim to eat 230g-230g-51g. I also like to cycle my carbs, I eat 40-40-20 for two days and then on the third day I up my carbs to 50% (30-50-20). I also try front loading my carbs, so I eat most of my carbs at breakfast (oatmeal and maybe a half a grapefruit) and after my workout. For the last two meals of the day, I cut out starchy carbs and stick to fibrous vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, spinach, lettuce. Also, it's a good idea to get most of your carbs from complex carbohydrates, my favorites are oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and fibrous vegetables.

Doing this, I've managed to cut a lot of fat without cutting much muscle. But losing fat and gaining muscle are two different goals. Eat clean, and eat the right number of calories and you should be able to hang onto most of your muscle and lose 1-2lbs per week of fat.

Originally Posted by GodzApostle View Post
    basically, can i go on a calorie deficit and still gain lean muscle if im eating about 200g of protein?. im eating only about 1500 cal a day on the deficit. im 6'1,190 LBS and about 18 % BF. and im not trying to become a beast or something, i just wanna raise my BMR with the muscle so i can cut faster.

koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10) koreanpride is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    while that is a low caloric count, your body won't magically go into starvation mode and shred muscle. You will have to refuel more frequently or you will plateau and burn out more frequently. I do recommend boosting it to around 1800 to 2000. Post your diet because I doubt you are eating as little as you think

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brooklyndown View Post
    But losing fat and gaining muscle are two different goals. Eat clean, and eat the right number of calories and you should be able to hang onto most of your muscle and lose 1-2lbs per week of fat.
    ^^ This

To build muscle you need a caloric surplus to an extent, cutting does not supply this.

N00b gains are different to cutting, as a n00b you can gain muscle and lose fat
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BigBryan18 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GodzApostle View Post
    i assume percentages because it adds up to 100?
    Yes.