Closed Thread
    anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10)

why is the left side of my tummy slightly fatter than my right?

A little info on me; I use to be heavy carrying a big fat around my stomach. Now ive lost about 60-70 lbs and most of the fat around my waist/stomach. But now I am noticing my left side has a little more bulge than the right.

Is thsi normal? Im thinking its just my intestines still pushing out a big lower part of my body, but I could be wrong.

Its exactly where the opposite side of the Large intestine is from this picture, so maybe I need some sort of colon cleansing?

Opinions and help would be good.

Thank you :O
    Last edited by anthone; 08-04-2008 at 12:53 PM.

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Maybe something backed up in the intestines, not sure. Your right side is suppose to be the fat side, because of the large intestine and the liver.

anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anthone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well holy ****, im screwed even more then. My small intestine must be full of waste and crap.
    I'm also thinking Visceral fat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_fat) so I will continue my diet and exercise for this to go down.

killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) killatiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Even viseral fat should be evenly disbursed. It wont just collect on one side or shouldnt. I would not worry to much about it, just lean out all over.

Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dan91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    do you lye on that side a lot?

i used to as a bairn and and had the same left si bigger than my right, its gone now so nothing to worry about IMO

Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Audrey28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well mine is too- but I don't think this response will help you- I think mine is from when I had my daughter- and she used to kick one side out way further than the other- and whenever I laid down she would stick her foot up- so I am hoping to get my stomach lean/ toned too- and even it out. I'm sure its prob nothing though- and not really anything you can do than to just keep exercising and try to get lean like everyone else said. Good luck.
    ~Audrey [Student NURSE- RN to be!!]
    "Be happy for this moment... this moment is your LIFE"

"What's so crazy about standing toe to toe with someone saying "I am"?"- Rocky Balboa

"What matters is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Trytic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well is it always like that? keep an eye on it over a few days, over the course of the day too, does it seem bigger at times? are there certain times of the day when it goes down? like when you go to the bathroom, does it seem a lil bigger or a lil smaller then normal? if it seems that eating changes it or when you go to the bathroom then its your intenstine being a lil inflamed along the way, which usually isnt much, could be serious, could just be something you ate... could be something you ate didnt stick right, ive seen that happen to alot of people, including myself, from seeds, sunflower seeds are the worst, since they dont digest and kinda occasionally wedge itself into the intestinal wall on the way thru, causing a little bit of swelling, a lil bit of pain, but it will work itself out most of the time. but, lets say its not just 1 type of food, it could just be the way your organs are placed, the way the intestine lays, if thats the case, muscle work should push it back a lil.
    ***KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE***
    Army training... Hooah!
    Infantry army medic.
    ***OIF Combat Vet***

Rep back 430+

SC2: EpicBRen.420

Maybe it is due to lying to one side. I like lying on my sides, I fall asleep easily that way.

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by killatiger View Post
    Maybe something backed up in the intestines, not sure. Your right side is suppose to be the fat side, because of the large intestine and the liver.
    lol your large intestine isn't just on your right side. it starts on the bottom right, goes up the side and then across the top of your small intestine, and then comes back down the left side. neither side *should* be fatter than the other

i doubt it's anything to worry about though

I know its not just on the right side but that with the liver would help add to why most peoples right side is the fatter side. Notice the word add.

thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500) thebm is not very helpful. (-500)
    most peoples right side is the fatter side.
    are most people fatter on their right side? i've never seen anyone fatter on one side than the other

they are that is why on some of the fat calipers they make you use your right side. Its not a huge significant difference, but its there for most people.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    they are that is why on some of the fat calipers they make you use your right side. Its not a huge significant difference, but its there for most people.
    the fat calipers are always done right side simply b/c that's the protocol that Jackson & Pollock used as a basis for all their data and calculations...

OP: you probably have different muscle tension/tone in your deep core muscles.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    the fat calipers are always done right side simply b/c that's the protocol that Jackson & Pollock used as a basis for all their data and calculations...

OP: you probably have different muscle tension/tone in your deep core muscles.
    Not saying your wrong at all, but I thought they came up with that protocol because most people carry viseral adipose tissue there, which is fat around the organs. Seeing as you have more and larger organs on that side of the abdominal cavity it would make sense, right. Or am I just full of bull**** haha.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not saying your wrong at all, but I thought they came up with that protocol because most people carry viseral adipose tissue there, which is fat around the organs. Seeing as you have more and larger organs on that side of the abdominal cavity it would make sense, right. Or am I just full of bull**** haha.
    Visceral adipose = internal (yellow) fat

The Jackson & Pollock pinch test measures subcutaneous (white) fat

Visceral adipose = internal (yellow) fat

The Jackson & Pollock pinch test measures subcutaneous (white) fat
    I know what your saying that the measure subcutaneous or under the skin fat but VAT will make that right side appear larger. Shouldnt have probably used the fat caliper analogy but I meant that VAT usually causes that side to bulge slightly more and appear larger. Repped for making me think.
    Last edited by killatiger; 08-04-2008 at 07:03 PM.

...I meant that VAT usually causes that side to bulge slightly more and appear larger. Repped for making me think.
    That's possible too. I still think a muscle imbalance is more likely than uneven fat distribution, but enlarged organs are possible too...The OP would have to review his postural habits and family history for clues...

Repped for civil conversation !

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmm, this may be true but I've never heard of it or noticed it.

Fat is NOT evenly distributed on your body, however when you diet you lose fat evenly from everywhere so this may be hard to fix without getting down to a low bodyfat. I say just deal with it and get everything else big enough that no one notices.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

That's possible too. I still think a muscle imbalance is more likely than uneven fat distribution, but enlarged organs are possible too...The OP would have to review his postural habits and family history for clues...

Repped for civil conversation !
    Yea civil conversation on here is rare, it is nice occasionally.

Yeah I was hoping for a cat fight. No rep for all of u.

JK.

kpreng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    people are not "perfectly semetrical".. It is normal for someone who is obese to have more fat on one side than the other.. During the weight loss process the fatter side will retain the fat longer (last to go).. I know, I lost 100 pounds.. even the skin drapes lower on what was the fatter side..
    Kevin Prenger

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    10 year old thread.