Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ginaaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get rid of constant bloating?

I bloat really easily. I can just wake up in the morning totally flat, have a piece of fruit, and my stomach bloats. Today i was fine until post workout. I had 2 scoops of whey with 8oz of milk, 1tbsp of pb, and half a banana. Im so bloated now. Im not even really stuffed, just bloated. What can I do?

In it for the Long Haul! bbavender's Avatar
    bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000) bbavender is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your stomach will always look distended after a meal. You may be dealing with a body image issue that you may need to speak to a professiOnal about
    ED got me, ill be darned if it gets anyone else.

Only the strong survive...

25-RAC-99

Follow my RFL Journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141048001

HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterCML has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Drink more water. While it may seem counter-productive staying very (or even overly) hydrated always makes me lose bloat the fastest.
    IIFYM - not even once.

www.AlanAragon.com

Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    Your stomach will always look distended after a meal. You may be dealing with a body image issue that you may need to speak to a professiOnal about
    I just dont think its normal to be this bloated. I mean my stomach looks like its got a baby in it right now. Its ridiculous.

Great hair, decent ass otterakl's Avatar
    otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ginaaa View Post
    I just dont think its normal to be this bloated. I mean my stomach looks like its got a baby in it right now. Its ridiculous.
    If you are constantly bloated or painfully bloated after relatively small meals, see a physician.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    -Mark Twain

Originally Posted by HunterCML View Post
    Drink more water. While it may seem counter-productive staying very (or even overly) hydrated always makes me lose bloat the fastest.
    Thanks but I do drink a lot of water, i guess i will increase that.

BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Whey and Milk get me bloated too. Minimize that if you can.

adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sub 100lb, 5'1, 16 and you telling me an apple makes you bloat? I'm going to have to call BS. With regards to the whey and milk, you may be lactose intolerant hence the bloating. When I'm reasonably depleted I can get away with 400g+ of carbs with a temporary bloat, if you've recently upped your calories/carbs there'll naturally be a period of adjustment.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret"

- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences, UCL '11 (2:1)

Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lowering the carb intake on non/low - activity days can help
    [If It Doesnt Fit Your Macros Crew] FU-CK IT, you only live once brah

jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmecdon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What was said above, if you are excessvely bloating, see a doctor. There could be a lot of medical reasons that this is a symptom of. Better to catch a problem early.

Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do you frequently use sugar-free foods, gum, condiments, drinks, etc….?

are you on a low carb, high veggie diet?

Originally Posted by bbavender View Post
    ummm no, just no.

Originally Posted by BB4239 View Post
    Whey and Milk get me bloated too. Minimize that if you can.
    that depends if she has a lactose issue

Originally Posted by Ubernit View Post
    and this is proven through what studies????
    “be yourself, everyone else is already taken"

adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No study needed ^ Glycogen depleted, eat carbs don't bloat as much. Glycogen stores topped off eat carbs, enjoy the bloat.

perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50) perumina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my husband was suffering from chronic heartburn and bloating turned out he was positive for H. Pylori bacteria...it can be tested for in a blood test...ask your doctor
    "Never be a prisoner of your own style." (Armin van Buuren)

Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ubernit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bmarchio View Post
    and this is proven through what studies????
    read up on insulin sensitivity
    people with bad insulin sensitivity tend to get really bloaty from high carbs, lowering carbs on off-days(only little glycogen gets depleted on those days) helped me a lot

LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LegLauncher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I suffer the same problem, and for me it's related somewhat to an anxiety and stress problems I have.

Mornings are bad, I wake up feeling nausea and not want to eat so I have to force it down, though this is not the way I should have to live, I have no option other than to force myself.

I've been to the doctors who gave me proton pump inhibitors to reduce excess acid in the stomach, but little seems to work for me.

So I've found what really helps is eating greek yoghurts, fats and protein from walnuts, water, bananas and I take a short run once a day to increase my appetite.

Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bmarchio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by adean1989 View Post
    No study needed ^ Glycogen depleted, eat carbs don't bloat as much. Glycogen stores topped off eat carbs, enjoy the bloat.
    read up on insulin sensitivity
    people with bad insulin sensitivity tend to get really bloaty from high carbs, lowering carbs on off-days(only little glycogen gets depleted on those days) helped me a lot
    you can’t make judgements of such without knowing what her overall diet looks like. big picture.
    your just assuming she’s on high carbs?

it may have helped you due to your specific needs state and overall program/diet design. its simply faulty thinking to assess something with such minimal info

Gina, also your past history of dieting recently would need to be assessed and addressed, bloating is usually a fairly simple fix but diagnosing where its coming from or what has been the cause, via long term or short term dietary problems is of concern before you can play with process of elimination.
    Last edited by Bmarchio; 07-11-2011 at 12:45 PM.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well a cheap and easy thing to try would be to avoid all dairy for a couple days, see if that helps.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jomamma007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get the same thing, I wake up super flat, can see my abs nicely, then even If I just drink water I will get bloated. As each meal passes I get bloated again, until I wake. Really sucks

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Well a cheap and easy thing to try would be to avoid all dairy for a couple days, see if that helps.
    its not that simple.

still not without addressing what has been going on with her diet in the past. Also as mentioned above, stressors in life outside of diet/training play a major role in bloating and stomach discomfort. Which is another area that would need to be assessed.

don’t attempt to fix someones issues knowing little about them thinking its a simple matter of cut and dry advice.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    its not that simple.

still not without addressing what has been going on with her diet in the past. Also as mentioned above, stressors in life outside of diet/training play a major role in bloating and stomach discomfort. Which is another area that would need to be assessed.

don’t attempt to fix someones issues knowing little about them thinking its a simple matter of cut and dry advice.
    How is it not that simple? Its free and is very simple...

you can’t make judgements of such without knowing what her overall diet looks like. big picture.

too high carb intake is a possibility
    nobody said it is a certainty

OP can just try lowering carbs for a few days and see if it is helps, dont see your problem

your just assuming she’s on high carbs?

it may have helped you due to your specific needs state and overall program/diet design. its simply faulty thinking to assess something with such minimal info
    Where are the assumptions? I believe both Ubernit and I were addressing your original question, no one stated the OP was insulin insensitive. Asking for empirical research to prove carbs can cause bloating is ridiculous.

EDIT:
    desslok gave perfectly good advice. OP mentions bloating following a meal potentially high in lactose, suggestion made to limit/eliminate food containing lactose and reassess. You go on a rant about emotional states subsequently providing little to no assistance.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    its not that simple.

Hey Doogie Houser MD. Didn't know you joined the boards. Welcome.

Sugar is fattening thenaturalguy's Avatar
    thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50) thenaturalguy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive noticed that gluten free foods dont bloat me at all

pasta = BLOAT
    rice = no bloat

Well my diet(everyday) consists of eggs/egg whites, either a whole wheat mini bagel or a whole wheat english muffin..sometimes both, 1% milk, whey protein, greek yogurt, some kind of meat..chicken/steak/pork, frutis, veggies, natural pb, cheese. Somedays i will have cereal or oatmeal, nuts, and low carb wrap. I drink usually about 8 or more cups of water a day. And I have upped my calorie intake but only by 100 and only for two days now. The bloat has been for a while now. Its so frustrating and discouraging.

Great hair, decent ass otterakl's Avatar
    otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otterakl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well my diet(everyday) consists of eggs/egg whites, either a whole wheat mini bagel or a whole wheat english muffin..sometimes both, 1% milk, whey protein, greek yogurt, some kind of meat..chicken/steak/pork, frutis, veggies, natural pb, cheese. Somedays i will have cereal or oatmeal, nuts, and low carb wrap. I drink usually about 8 or more cups of water a day. And I have upped my calorie intake but only by 100 and only for two days now. The bloat has been for a while now. Its so frustrating and discouraging.
    It is very possible you have an allergy or intolerance to a particular type of food (most commonly dairy and/or grains).

As others have mentioned, try eliminating those items from your diet for a few days to see if the symptoms subside. If they don't, and you cannot find a reasonable explanation for your constant bloat, see a physician.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    -Mark Twain

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why are you increasing calorie intake by 100 for two days only?

Originally Posted by peteyboy1015 View Post
    Why are you increasing calorie intake by 100 for two days only?

Im increasing 100 calories every other week to gain weight gradually. but it has only been two days since I first increased.

Originally Posted by otterakl View Post
    It is very possible you have an allergy or intolerance to a particular type of food (most commonly dairy and/or grains).

As others have mentioned, try eliminating those items from your diet for a few days to see if the symptoms subside. If they don't, and you cannot find a reasonable explanation for your constant bloat, see a physician.

Thanks, I think I will try to back off of the dairy, and if that doesnt work than I will knock off some wheat/gluten.

peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) peteyboy1015 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Im increasing 100 calories every other week to gain weight gradually. but it has only been two days since I first increased.
    You can't gain weight if you only increase for two days every other week.