darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Rack Pulls as Replacement for Deadlifting?

I split my week like this:

Sunday - Hamstrings/Biceps/Calves
    Monday - Shoulders/Triceps
    Tuesday - Rest
    Wednesday - Quads
    Thursday - Chest/Calves
    Friday - Back
    Saturday - Rest

Sunday I do Romanian Deadlifts

Wednesday I do Squats

So if I did reg deadlifts friday my hams would die on sunday.

Would rack pulls be sufficient?

Also, what day should I do lower back?

I was thinking of doing lower back on hams day

Thoughts and suggestions?

MUCH appreciated thanks!

Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rack pulls > deads.

Registered User Johnbodybuilder's Avatar
    Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) Johnbodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    Rack pulls > deads.
    im 225lbs jaxxed. not 210
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117460101

Follow the strength gains my log ^^^

Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Johnbodybuilder View Post
    im 225lbs jaxxed. not 210
    Update stats then brah, u be confusing people.

Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Apachhe2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i'd stick with full rom dl's. you can rotate rack pulls in occasionally, but you just don't get the same benefits. the rack pull does not even simulate the motion of a deadlift. the leverages are all off pretty much regardless of where you set the pins.
    Owner @ Gymless Fitness: http://gymlessfit.com

blood&sweat&many blisters endymion88's Avatar
    endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) endymion88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i've never done a rackpull :O my favorite exercise for deadlift is elevated pulls standing on plates.

AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntM1564 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by darksymbiote View Post
    I split my week like this:

Sunday - Hamstrings/Biceps/Calves
    Monday - Shoulders/Triceps
    Tuesday - Rest
    Wednesday - Quads
    Thursday - Chest/Calves
    Friday - Back
    Saturday - Rest

Sunday I do Romanian Deadlifts

Wednesday I do Squats

So if I did reg deadlifts friday my hams would die on sunday.

Would rack pulls be sufficient?

Also, what day should I do lower back?

I was thinking of doing lower back on hams day

Thoughts and suggestions?

MUCH appreciated thanks!
    If your not a powerlifter, I would go with rack pulls over deadlifts, but maybe throw in deads once in a while.

I would do lower back either on back day or ham day, it depends where you going to set the pins for your rack pull. If your going to go below the knee, then the rack pulls will hit your lower back then so you might as well do your other exercises that day. If you go knee level or higher, then do lower back when you can. The higher pin level will hit your mid/upper back and traps without really hitting the lower back.

walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rack pulls are good for several things.

Hypertrophy related: takes the quads out of the equation, upper and lower back/trap thickness, hams, glutes, grip.

Strength: if the top part of DL is your sticking point rack pulls will help with that, gets you used to pulling heavier loads.

If you set the pin high for rack pulls to eliminate lower back you can still do weighted hyperextensions for lower.

darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) darksymbiote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking thanks

thanks dudes
    I'm def taking reg deadlift out of the equation, at least for now.

DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    rack deads are a good lift IMO, but regular deads just cannot be beaten

Originally Posted by DC-user View Post
    rack deads are a good lift IMO, but regular deads just cannot be beaten
    Depends what your purpose is. All I want from a deadlift-like movement is the upper back thickness, I use a different type of deadlift for my hams, and I'm going to do hyperextentions for my lower back.

DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC-user is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well deads conveniently hit ALL of those things.. so why not? if you are looking for upper back development, go with rack deads or BB rows (my favorite for upper back). and for hams cant go wrong with RDL's or SLDL's..

Originally Posted by DC-user View Post
    well deads conveniently hit ALL of those things.. so why not? if you are looking for upper back development, go with rack deads or BB rows (my favorite for upper back). and for hams cant go wrong with RDL's or SLDL's..
    I love bb rows. I ALWAYS feel this no matter what. Such a great movement. I don't wanna do reg deadlift because my back day is only a day apart from my hams day. I'd be overworking them. Rack pulls on back day - and RDLs on hamsday seems reasonable.

60StoDMB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 60StoDMB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rack pulls are sick but its so retarded when people put the bar above the knees, i put mine well below my knee, i can feel it in my glutes, back, etcc and even slightly legs and i can keep good form, unlike with deadlifts

Originally Posted by 60StoDMB View Post
    rack pulls are sick but its so retarded when people put the bar above the knees, i put mine well below my knee, i can feel it in my glutes, back, etcc and even slightly legs and i can keep good form, unlike with deadlifts

so you're doing a rack pull.... in your own words WELL below your knees?

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

what you're saying is...

you're a pussy and can't get the weight off the ground. so you use the bar to help you get it up a couple inches and essentially do a regular deadlift?

Also the reason people put it ABOVE their knees is so they DONT feel it in their glutes and hams, you stupid c*nt.

walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50) walkinbazooka will become famous soon enough. (+50)

what you're saying is...

you're a pussy and can't get the weight off the ground. so you use the bar to help you get it up a couple inches and essentially do a regular deadlift?

Also the reason people put it ABOVE their knees is so they DONT feel it in their glutes and hams, you stupid c*nt.

60StoDMB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 60StoDMB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what you're saying is...

lmfao, you're talking to a 6'5'' 225lbs guy you ****ing manlet, you dumb noob LMAO, my gym has people that could eat you alive and THEY all do rack pulls below the knees, WTF is the point of above the knee you ****, 4 INCH ROM WOOOOW !

lmfao, you're talking to a 6'5'' 225lbs guy you ****ing manlet, you dumb noob LMAO, my gym has people that could eat you alive and THEY all do rack pulls below the knees, WTF is the point of above the knee you ****, 4 INCH ROM WOOOOW !
    I don't give **** how big you are, or how hungry your fellow gym mates are. Maybe they are rack pulling for a different reason that I am. I didn't disrespect rack pulls below the knees, I disrespected YOU for saying that it's retarded when people do rack pulls above the knees. Also....6'5" and 225 isn't that big... it's actually sort of skinny.

I don't give **** how big you are, or how hungry your fellow gym mates are. Maybe they are rack pulling for a different reason that I am. I didn't disrespect rack pulls below the knees, I disrespected YOU for saying that it's retarded when people do rack pulls above the knees.
    yes its retarded, lol at the limited range of motion, now go cry like a little bitch manlet boy.

Above the knees = shrugs

yes its retarded, lol at the limited range of motion, now go cry like a little bitch manlet boy.
    Wow. You SURE showed me. *sarcasm*

Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    Above the knees = shrugs
    No...theres no shrugging movement involved whatsoever.

Wow. You SURE showed me. *sarcasm*

No...theres no shrugging movement involved whatsoever.
    lolz plus its so damn easy, man the fuk up and put them below or knee level

lolz plus its so damn easy, man the fuk up and put them below or knee level
    If it's too easy, add more weight.

lolz all you want but you're the one who attempted to intimidate someone over the internet