panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50)

muscle to keep shoulder blades in place?

i figured id post in this section since you guys are the most knowledgeable. my problem is my shoulder blades dont rest flat and tight against my back. it gives me a kind of hunched over look. and then today when i was doing one arm dumbell rows i realized the shoulder blade on the opposite side of the arm i was rowing with, the shoulder blade pointed upwards. like it was completely out of place.

even when doing stuff like rows and other back exercises i have a hard time actually tensing them muscles (im pretty sure rhomboid?). and it feels like im not even hitting the spot

so what exercises can i do to hit that muscle to fix my shoulder blades?

ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ELLSKIES is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by panaxxIX View Post
    i figured id post in this section since you guys are the most knowledgeable. my problem is my shoulder blades dont rest flat and tight against my back. it gives me a kind of hunched over look. and then today when i was doing one arm dumbell rows i realized the shoulder blade on the opposite side of the arm i was rowing with, the shoulder blade pointed upwards. like it was completely out of place.

even when doing stuff like rows and other back exercises i have a hard time actually tensing them muscles (im pretty sure rhomboid?). and it feels like im not even hitting the spot

Reverse Flyes; although some of this is genetic and they'll probably never be "normal." Some people are born with winged scalpulae, but the reverse flyes will help . . .

buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buknasty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

really sounds like you are looking into it too much. if you dont have a diagnosed condition from a doctor then I wouldnt worry about it.

deadlifts
    barbell rows
    pull/chin-ups

do those

panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50) panaxxIX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buknasty View Post
    really sounds like you are looking into it too much. if you dont have a diagnosed condition from a doctor then I wouldnt worry about it.

deadlifts
    barbell rows
    pull/chin-ups

do those
    yeah it definantly stresses me out because it affects my appearence with the hunched look and my strength in my other lifts.

and when i do the deadlifts and rows, i should be squeezing my shoulder blades tight right? and now just let them hand loose?

btrigger88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Scapula winging is a common problem being caused primarily by the subscapularis muscle, however can be easily fixed! It is due to the muscle on the inside of the scapula not being trained and therefore not working correctly in holding the scapula against the ribs so to speak!

One of the best exercises you can do is gym ball rotations! The idea is you face a wall with an exercise ball (Swiss ball) being held up with your arm (straight and elbow locked) to the wall. Start by doing 10 up and downs... So keeling your arm locked at the elbow and picture yourself trying to sick the shoulder blade back onto your back! Follow this by doing 10 left to right, followed by 19 clockwise and then 10 anti clockwise! You shouldn't be able to love your handier than 30cm each way If doing it correctly! I tried looking for a video on how to persons it correctyl but couldn't. By the end of the exercises you should feel tired or slightly fatigued around your shoulder blade.

Hope this helps!

Also getting a Theraband (elastic band seen in most physio studios) putting it around a pole and doing a back fly type of motion, however really focusing kn squeezing the rhomboids (muscles that squeeze the shoulder blades together). Remember good posture so keeping your shoulders back and down(you don't want your upper traps tj be activated... That is the same for the exercise in the previous post)

Originally Posted by btrigger88 View Post
    Scapula winging is a common problem being caused primarily by the subscapularis muscle, however can be easily fixed! It is due to the muscle on the inside of the scapula not being trained and therefore not working correctly in holding the scapula against the ribs so to speak!

One of the best exercises you can do is gym ball rotations! The idea is you face a wall with an exercise ball (Swiss ball) being held up with your arm (straight and elbow locked) to the wall. Start by doing 10 up and downs... So keeling your arm locked at the elbow and picture yourself trying to sick the shoulder blade back onto your back! Follow this by doing 10 left to right, followed by 19 clockwise and then 10 anti clockwise! You shouldn't be able to love your handier than 30cm each way If doing it correctly! I tried looking for a video on how to persons it correctyl but couldn't. By the end of the exercises you should feel tired or slightly fatigued around your shoulder blade.

Hope this helps!
    10 in all directions... Typo with the 19