Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Going to the bathroom at night!

I'm not sure if I posted in the right section but anyway, I'm so tired of getting up 4 or 5 times at night to go pee! I usually go right back to sleep but it's annoying! I drink a protein shake with about 8oz of water before bed but I'm wondering when does everyone stop drinking water for the day? I'm trying to drink as much as I can but this is crazy. I think it used to be just 2 or 3 times. It's too uncomfortable to just try and hold it because then i lay there debating as to whether to get up or not I should get up and wake up too much so now I just GO.

Anyway HELP!

Kymn~
    Last edited by Kymn; 07-25-2008 at 04:57 AM. Reason: MOOD

BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BostonBoy22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Originally Posted by Kymn View Post
    I'm not sure if I posted in the right section but anyway, I'm so tired of getting up 4 or 5 times at night to go pee! I usually go right back to sleep but it's annoying! I drink a protein shake with about 8oz of water before bed but I'm wondering when does everyone stop drinking water for the day? I'm trying to drink as much as I can but this is crazy. I think it used to be just 2 or 3 times. It's too uncomfortable to just try and hold it because then i lay there debating as to whether to get up or not I should get up and wake up too much so now I just GO.

Anyway HELP!

Kymn~
    I know what you mean, I usually get up 2 if not 3 times a night to go. It's def. annoying, seeing every time I get up my dog decides to take my spot, guess for the heat. But I usually fall right to sleep, I try to stop drinking an hour before bed and make sure I go before bed. This has helped most nights, it all depends on what I eat it seems some days, like the different foods absorb the water better then others. Some nights don't get up, others get up 2-3 times. It could just be me, and how my body reacts.
    "I read somewhere how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once... to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions, facing blind, deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your own hands and your own head. . . ."

Plays well with others LoveCode3's Avatar
    LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Same here! I think I got up to pee last night at least 5 or 6 times and I was actually bad with my water intake yesterday also.

I also woke up hungry and had a protein drink and that didn't help with the pee factor either.

I wake up to go to work about 4:00 a.m. so I go to bed about 9:00 p.m. I usually stop my water intake about 5 p.m. and have tried even earlier, yet I still pee all night long.
    **Cuffin' n' Stuffin'** since 2000 ~~

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LoveCode3 View Post
    Same here! I think I got up to pee last night at least 5 or 6 times and I was actually bad with my water intake yesterday also.

I also woke up hungry and had a protein drink and that didn't help with the pee factor either.

I wake up to go to work about 4:00 a.m. so I go to bed about 9:00 p.m. I usually stop my water intake about 5 p.m. and have tried even earlier, yet I still pee all night long.
    I am pretty much the same schedule and am up at night. Extremely annoying.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I drink water all day long, and have a protein shake before bed. The earliest I've woken up is after 6 hours of sleep, and sometimes not until about 8 hours, so I don't have this problem. I think it's person dependent.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I usually wake up once, early in the morning, and then head back to bed for another hour or so. It doesn't really interfere too much...

One thing I found helpful was NOT turning on lights... lol.. that sounds funny, but if you can navigate the bathroom when it's "dim" (even if there's a light on outside the room or something) it's easier to stumble back to bed without it affecting your sleep too much.
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kymn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, I guess that means we are all peeing together (for the most part)... I feel better now. LOL!

btw I use those real faint night lights that are flat from Walmart? Great for getting around the house. I never turn on the lights. I try not to even THINK so that I can go back to sleep better.

Thanks for the input

Kymn~

Maybe I'll just rebel and drink a liter before bed and see if I can break some kind of record.....

Detoxing from Life martina92685's Avatar
    martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000) martina92685 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do yall think it may have something to do with body fat percentage or something? Maybe more fat means more water needed, or more water retention?
    - Damnit. I got fat again. Brb: picking up the pieces and burning my excuses. -

K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I quit drinking water about 5 hours before going to bed, and I only eat solid foods after that. Yet I still get up to pee at LEAST 5 times each night. During the day, I probably go every half hour. I can't even have a nap without waking up to pee, or run errands, or drive anywhere far. It's very inconvenient! I rarely even fall into a deep sleep at night because of it. It also is annoying at school and work.
    Not fun!

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by K-T View Post
    I quit drinking water about 5 hours before going to bed, and I only eat solid foods after that. Yet I still get up to pee at LEAST 5 times each night. During the day, I probably go every half hour. I can't even have a nap without waking up to pee, or run errands, or drive anywhere far. It's very inconvenient! I rarely even fall into a deep sleep at night because of it. It also is annoying at school and work.
    Not fun!
    That describes me to a tee!!

I hate that I never get to experience that "deep sleep" bc I have to get up and pee almost every hour...
    *Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10) K-T is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    That describes me to a tee!!

I hate that I never get to experience that "deep sleep" bc I have to get up and pee almost every hour...
    Ya it's really frustrating hey.
    I even have to pee right now, I'm sitting at work but I can't be leaving the desk every 30 minutes, so I have to hold it!
    I've heard people say that your body will get used to drinking a lot of water and eventually you wont have to pee so much. Not true...I've been drinking the same amount every day for 7 months, and no change whatsoever. If anything, it's gotten worse!

Plays well with others LoveCode3's Avatar
    LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LoveCode3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

I took a Melatonin pill last night and only woke up once to pee (and had to go realllly bad)! It was awesome. i actually slept!!
    **Cuffin' n' Stuffin'** since 2000 ~~

IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000) IowaGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I try to not drink anything after 6pm. Usually hit the pillow around 10pm. Am always up at around 1-2am and then again between 4-6am.

valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I took a Melatonin pill last night and only woke up once to pee (and had to go realllly bad)! It was awesome. i actually slept!!
    OMG, I took a melatonin pill the other night and it did help somewhat(woke up only twice) but the next morning I was SOOOO tired! Were you groggy the next day?

Well arent' you just special! LOL What is Melatonin? Haven't heard of it.

I am glad you slept!

Kymn~

RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread is funny...no one I know has this problem, but all you guys have the same issues around sleeping and peeing...it's nice to be able to relate to other's stories! LOL

I find that if I drink as much as poss early in the day then ease off as I leave work (about 6pm) and then just drink water I sip in the gym during my workout and my post workout shake...when I get home I stick to solids and I am usually ok with 1 toilet stop during the night...but now it's summer I find that I am not waking up every night as I must be sweating or breathing it all out LOL

I also take ZMA before bed and that helps with sleeping, plus it helps with maintaining an anabolic state, so no harm in that to preserve well-earned muscle!
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow sorry this makes me feel fortunate that I am only twice a night, first between 11:30 and 1:00 and second between 3:00 and 4:00....

And only once um about 3 times in the past 18 months
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    might as well join in , i too can relate with everyone, but i get up once or twice at night so those who go more than that i truly feel ur pain. so i thought that now i am supping with ZMA i would not have this problem , but rest asurred it hasn't helped still waking up to go.

in conclusion quick question, does anybody have this problem during the day too, like me ?
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    conquering in Jesus Name !
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10) valpo2518 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rockeo View Post
    might as well join in , i too can relate with everyone, but i get up once or twice at night so those who go more than that i truly feel ur pain. so i thought that now i am supping with ZMA i would not have this problem , but rest asurred it hasn't helped still waking up to go.

in conclusion quick question, does anybody have this problem during the day too, like me ?
    Yeah, I go a lot during the day, too. But then I drink a lot of liquids so it's to be expected. It just doesn't bother me as much b/c it's not waking me up

I'm wondering if there is a correlation(sp?) between having kids/age type thing. I noticed a few of the ladies who didn't have this prob were pretty young and/or had no kids?

Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by RebeccaTD View Post
    This thread is funny...no one I know has this problem, but all you guys have the same issues around sleeping and peeing...it's nice to be able to relate to other's stories! LOL

I find that if I drink as much as poss early in the day then ease off as I leave work (about 6pm) and then just drink water I sip in the gym during my workout and my post workout shake...when I get home I stick to solids and I am usually ok with 1 toilet stop during the night...but now it's summer I find that I am not waking up every night as I must be sweating or breathing it all out LOL

I also take ZMA before bed and that helps with sleeping, plus it helps with maintaining an anabolic state, so no harm in that to preserve well-earned muscle!

OT-what's ZMA??

UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) UCONN_CSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Stop drinking water about 1.5 hours before bed time and if you have a protein shake before bed to curb your appetite and help restoration drink it with milk instead of water (extra protein anyway). Also, I had that problem and now I force myself to go pee right before bed, try it.
    Chris Brown, CSCS

cutter11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mel.html

Take a look here regarding melatonin !!!!

wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10) wuvolleyball is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    *sigh* count me in too...still waiting for a night where I sleep all the way through!!

kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kimlin85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i wake up once, maybe twice per night. i could NOT imagine getting up 5-6 times!
    -Kim

Originally Posted by UCONN_CSCS View Post
    Stop drinking water about 1.5 hours before bed time and if you have a protein shake before bed to curb your appetite and help restoration drink it with milk instead of water (extra protein anyway). Also, I had that problem and now I force myself to go pee right before bed, try it.
    Haha this DOES NOT WORK at all...I stop drinking water 5 hours before bed! And before I even fall asleep, I get up at least 2 times to go, and that's without even forcing myself. I only eat solid foods in the evening, no protein shakes.

I wonder if there is a difference between men and women on this topic? Most women I know generally do go to the washroom more than men anyways.

One thing I have noticed is that I wake up with no water retention. I have lost it all during the night and wake up to a nice flat belly so I guess I'm losing it all during the night and thats why I have to get up so much. Maybe I should be more watchful of salt intake....

One thing I have noticed is that I wake up with no water retention. I have lost it all during the night and wake up to a nice flat belly so I guess I'm losing it all during the night and thats why I have to get up so much. Maybe I should be more watchful of salt intake....
    Good point, that's the same with me. I wish that flat belly would last all day though!

Originally Posted by K-T View Post
    Good point, that's the same with me. I wish that flat belly would last all day though!
    No kidding! That's ANOTHER annoying thing....

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by valpo2518 View Post
    Yeah, I go a lot during the day, too. But then I drink a lot of liquids so it's to be expected. It just doesn't bother me as much b/c it's not waking me up

I'm wondering if there is a correlation(sp?) between having kids/age type thing. I noticed a few of the ladies who didn't have this prob were pretty young and/or had no kids?

Hmmmm....
    well here i was thinking i was the only one with this problem of going durning the day/night. yes valpo i am drinking alot of liquids espeacily water durning the day also, i think i just might lay off of some much water intake and see how that works out (simpy enough huh)!
    as to ur ? about no kids and such i cant help u there being that i am a male .
    oh yeah- ZMA is Anabolic Mineral Support Formula that is made up of a high dose of a Zinc , Magnesium & B6- this also helps getting a real deep sleep, and also raise testostorone level by an average of 33% in males, i am not sure about the women seing that it is recomeded that they take a smaller dose. u could also serch the entire site of bb.com to get more insight of ZMA. hope that helps. i forgot to add that i am 33 and seems that i have always had this problem.
    Last edited by rockeo; 07-27-2008 at 12:08 PM.
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    conquering in Jesus Name !
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattP343 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's too uncomfortable to just try and hold it because then i lay there debating as to whether to get up or not I should get up and wake up too much so now I just GO.

This is one of those hilarious because its true comments...
    -Matt