Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcmofo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

one question i wanna ask is that if a person ONLY uses dumbbells, is it possible to develop the chest 100%?

Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thetallstewy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do a third for both flat and incline. I dont know understand how one can do 90%.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Due to a bad choice of gym, I was limited to only using dumbbells for about 5 months. I could do 32 kg (70lb) dumbbells for about 8 reps or so. Now when I went for the first time over a long period of time into a proper gym with barbells, I didn't dare go over 60kg (132lb) on the barbell and manage to squeeze out 8 reps on that.

What I am trying to say is that it really depends on what you have been predominantly working with. I am sure that soon I will be able to significantly increase my barbell bench and not because of a stronger chest but simply because I am getting used to using a barbell again.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?

JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000) JokaJJayy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by matjusm View Post
    Due to a bad choice of gym, I was limited to only using dumbbells for about 5 months. I could do 32 kg (70lb) dumbbells for about 8 reps or so. Now when I went for the first time over a long period of time into a proper gym with barbells, I didn't dare go over 60kg (132lb) on the barbell and manage to squeeze out 8 reps on that.

What I am trying to say is that it really depends on what you have been predominantly working with. I am sure that soon I will be able to significantly increase my barbell bench and not because of a stronger chest but simply because I am getting used to using a barbell again.
    strong bump, but needed this.
    I'm in the same situation (well, I work out at home) I took a seriously long break from training and when I started again I dbell pressed 20kg a hand for like 7 reps, just under 2 months later im at 27.5kg for 10 reps and have been wondering what I could be barbell benching.

When I get to around 32-35kg a hand I'll use up some free trial passes for gyms and test barbell benching 60kg (yeah small weights compared to you guys, but i'm a small guy and happy with the progress im making )

rep'd
    Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!!

Sports? Yeah I do sports, sport of aesthetics / *mixed race crew*

All hail Thor.

rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjstef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree 100%. I BB bench 205 for just about 3 sets of 6, (moving to 210 when I get all 3 sets), and my program just switched to DB press today. I did 3 sets of 6 with 85# DB's, and it was easy, could have easily rocked the 90's, maybe 95's.

P.S.
    Just cut to 165 pounds too. So it's decent.
    Last edited by rjstef; 04-06-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Oil do it.