Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    _______________________ kingnickandnate's Avatar
    kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Swuuu View Post
    I think the incline generally speaking is a safer and better exercise especially since it works the upper chest the most which is harder to develop
    What's the consensus on decline bench pressing? And ill start incorporating inclines more often then.
    RepRepRep

My Journal / overall log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151290483
    -Come check it out; reps to those who post.

Current Supplement Logs:
    iSatori Bio-Gro: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153731241

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kingnickandnate View Post
    What's the consensus on decline bench pressing? And ill start incorporating inclines more often then.
    As with everything there are many different opinions most people say you shouldn't do it because it will make you bottom heavy. Then plenty people insist it builds the whole chest and its good to do.

kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000) kingnickandnate is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As with everything there are many different opinions most people say you shouldn't do it because it will make you bottom heavy. Then plenty people insist it builds the whole chest and its good to do.
    Alright, i think i'll throw it in here and there then; but not push it.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alright, i think i'll throw it in here and there then; but not push it.
    You never know how things work for you unless to try it everyone responds differently to the same exercises. I've never liked benching much I think it's a very awkward movement and I've never been comfortable with it. I like inclines alot more and you know most guys love benching but I just go by me. And you also supposed to be stronger with benching but since I'm more comfortable with incline I actually push more weight on incline also. So my point is to give everything a try and see how it works for you.

You never know how things work for you unless to try it everyone responds differently to the same exercises. I've never liked benching much I think it's a very awkward movement and I've never been comfortable with it. I like inclines alot more and you know most guys love benching but I just go by me. And you also supposed to be stronger with benching but since I'm more comfortable with incline I actually push more weight on incline also. So my point is to give everything a try and see how it works for you.
    I got ya. Good way to put everything. I'm going to use this as a general rule of thumb from now on, haha.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

I got ya. Good way to put everything. I'm going to use this as a general rule of thumb from now on, haha.
    I'm very honest which alot of people don't like haha. I think everyone should do what works for them and not worry about what everyone else is doing. I see dudes working chest and arms everyday and they wonder why nothing is happening. It never occurs to them to train them less and see what happens then.

I'm very honest which alot of people don't like haha. I think everyone should do what works for them and not worry about what everyone else is doing. I see dudes working chest and arms everyday and they wonder why nothing is happening. It never occurs to them to train them less and see what happens then.
    Yeah im still fairly new to it all. I've got the basics from it all down, but i need to get the science down as well. All i hear all day is high schoolers going on about how much of experts they are, lmao.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Yeah im still fairly new to it all. I've got the basics from it all down, but i need to get the science down as well. All i hear all day is high schoolers going on about how much of experts they are, lmao.
    Lol yep I mean it is good to learn from and watch others. But not from people that you know go to the gym alot and still don't progress. Then you know they are most likely doing something wrong.my progression has been alot slower after those first 2-3 yrs I've lost alot of muscle but I think a big part of that is I've always had low T levels so its hard to put muscle on without the proper amount of testosterone but I like having to work hard for something because I feel much more rewarded when I finally get what I want

Lol yep I mean it is good to learn from and watch others. But not from people that you know go to the gym alot and still don't progress. Then you know they are most likely doing something wrong.my progression has been alot slower after those first 2-3 yrs I've lost alot of muscle but I think a big part of that is I've always had low T levels so its hard to put muscle on without the proper amount of testosterone but I like having to work hard for something because I feel much more rewarded when I finally get what I want
    Have you got your levels checked and all that? Couldn't you be taking something to help with it? And yeah that's a good way to look at it. In a way its inspirational - seeing little gains and still pushing on! haha
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Have you got your levels checked and all that? Couldn't you be taking something to help with it? And yeah that's a good way to look at it. In a way its inspirational - seeing little gains and still pushing on! haha
    Yea I've gotten them checked last yr and they are low my most recent tests should be ready this week. Doctors won't prescribe anything unless your near death my levels are in the 400's and she insists that normal because its in the normal range but depending on which lab your using it goes as high as 1200 so 400 is pretty low and she insists its not. So I have used test boosters and I think that helps a little. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing your long awaited gains payoff!

Yea I've gotten them checked last yr and they are low my most recent tests should be ready this week. Doctors won't prescribe anything unless your near death my levels are in the 400's and she insists that normal because its in the normal range but depending on which lab your using it goes as high as 1200 so 400 is pretty low and she insists its not. So I have used test boosters and I think that helps a little. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing your long awaited gains payoff!
    Wow. I would think she could at least prescribe a low dosage to help you out. You're definitely right about the gains statement.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Wow. I would think she could at least prescribe a low dosage to help you out. You're definitely right about the gains statement.
    Yea I'm wondering if they are any higher now. It def sucks when ur gains take a while but as long as something is happening. I know when I gained 80 lbs in two yrs even thought it wasn't all muscle I felt like superman. I didn't really appreciate the gains as much as I do now.

Yea I'm wondering if they are any higher now. It def sucks when ur gains take a while but as long as something is happening. I know when I gained 80 lbs in two yrs even thought it wasn't all muscle I felt like superman. I didn't really appreciate the gains as much as I do now.
    Are you lifts still increasing? That could be a benefit Same weight, bigger lifts
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Are you lifts still increasing? That could be a benefit Same weight, bigger lifts
    I never used the amount of weights as a tool even when I lifted fairly heavy. I always go by how I feel. I still feel pretty good during training but the gains just happen a little slower these days.

I never used the amount of weights as a tool even when I lifted fairly heavy. I always go by how I feel. I still feel pretty good during training but the gains just happen a little slower these days.
    Got ya. I'm around people who compete all the time, so its all they go by. And i see.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Got ya. I'm around people who compete all the time, so its all they go by. And i see.
    Well hey if that works for them I'm not gonna bother talking to them about it. For me I think that's pretty silly and a very quick way of lifting a lot heavier then you should which means your more likely to get injured. And everybody regrets doing what they did once that happens. I only compete with myself as sum bodybuilders say and my younger self kicked ass lol I'm 29 so I know I'm not old but man when I was 22-23 everything felt light to me I miss that haha

Well hey if that works for them I'm not gonna bother talking to them about it. For me I think that's pretty silly and a very quick way of lifting a lot heavier then you should which means your more likely to get injured. And everybody regrets doing what they did once that happens. I only compete with myself as sum bodybuilders say and my younger self kicked ass lol I'm 29 so I know I'm not old but man when I was 22-23 everything felt light to me I miss that haha
    Yeah when i just started lifting (im still new to it now even) the first thing i did was mess my back up with deadlifts. Even now i find myself trying to compete with the other people around me; i have to remind myself not to. They have a reason, though; they compete against other schools. But your right about them increasing too quickly.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Yeah when i just started lifting (im still new to it now even) the first thing i did was mess my back up with deadlifts. Even now i find myself trying to compete with the other people around me; i have to remind myself not to. They have a reason, though; they compete against other schools. But your right about them increasing too quickly.
    Yep injury for a few seconds of looking good isn't worth it. I'm sure by next yr you will see alot of gains (I know that you don't want to wait that long). Again, generally speaking most people see pretty big gains within the first two years or so then after that the gains are usually not as rapid. This game is a huge marathon!

Yep injury for a few seconds of looking good isn't worth it. I'm sure by next yr you will see alot of gains (I know that you don't want to wait that long). Again, generally speaking most people see pretty big gains within the first two years or so then after that the gains are usually not as rapid. This game is a huge marathon!
    Starting to notice that. And i'm not really in a huge rush, i plan on keeping up with what im doing for a while. But im one of those people that need to see SOME type of gain in order to stay motivated. I'm going to assume most people are like that, though.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Starting to notice that. And i'm not really in a huge rush, i plan on keeping up with what im doing for a while. But im one of those people that need to see SOME type of gain in order to stay motivated. I'm going to assume most people are like that, though.
    Yea I think so too so that's totally understandable. For myself I've never had any issues with motivation I look forward to kicking ass everytime I touch a weight.

Yea I think so too so that's totally understandable. For myself I've never had any issues with motivation I look forward to kicking ass everytime I touch a weight.
    I can do a half ass workout anytime. But as for a GOOD workout, lack of motivation is my biggest problem.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

I can do a half ass workout anytime. But as for a GOOD workout, lack of motivation is my biggest problem.
    Well get motivated lol your mad young nows the time to make your biggest gains!

Try and Hold Me Back bullrider_IL's Avatar
    bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not going to quote everything, but I will say the following:

Dorian Yates is arguably one of the best BBers of all time. He didn't hardly ever do any form of flat bench, and say decline builds a big chest. I worked up to 345x6 on his 6 week trainer, and I would have to say that IMO, I felt it all over the pec. Everyone says "Oh this works upper pec, that works lower pec." If you look at anatomy, the pec is one solid slab of muscle. There isn't seperate muscles to grow. Some just have better genes than others. Just my opinion. That said, I'm doing flat bench right now just to change things up for a while and I definitely still like decline better.

As for motivation, I think it really comes down to how bad you want it. If you want to look a certain way, find someone who looks that way, whether it's a celebrity, a physique competitor, or Phil Heath, and picture that in your mind during your workouts. I like watching training videos of guys like Arnold (Pumping Iron, Raw Iron), Phil, and Jay Cutler when I do cardio before workouts to get my mind in that place. Watch some of Kai's videos on youtube, you will learn a lot, and hearing how he puts things will help get your fire going.

Haven't looked before this page, but I will check them out and voice my opinions if I see fit lol
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~ISSA Certified Personal Trainer~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Doing my first show June 22 at the Flex Lewis NPC Classic!
    Twitter: BRILfitness
    Instagram: BRILfitness
    View my transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfpApJrLYhE

Originally Posted by bullrider_IL View Post

Dorian Yates is arguably one of the best BBers of all time. He didn't hardly ever do any form of flat bench, and say decline builds a big chest. I worked up to 345x6 on his 6 week trainer, and I would have to say that IMO, I felt it all over the pec. Everyone says "Oh this works upper pec, that works lower pec." If you look at anatomy, the pec is one solid slab of muscle. There isn't seperate muscles to grow. Some just have better genes than others. Just my opinion. That said, I'm doing flat bench right now just to change things up for a while and I definitely still like decline better.

As for motivation, I think it really comes down to how bad you want it. If you want to look a certain way, find someone who looks that way, whether it's a celebrity, a physique competitor, or Phil Heath, and picture that in your mind during your workouts. I like watching training videos of guys like Arnold (Pumping Iron, Raw Iron), Phil, and Jay Cutler when I do cardio before workouts to get my mind in that place. Watch some of Kai's videos on youtube, you will learn a lot, and hearing how he puts things will help get your fire going.

Haven't looked before this page, but I will check them out and voice my opinions if I see fit lol
    Well said! Dorian Yates is definitely a very logical and thoughtful guy I really enjoy what he says.

bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bullrider_IL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well said! Dorian Yates is definitely a very logical and thoughtful guy I really enjoy what he says.
    Yeah I like the fact that he doesn't lie about the stuff they took either. Unlike most bb'ers, he's pretty straightforward about everything.

Check out Muscular Development, he writes a good article for them monthly. All around good dude. Just watched a 2 hour interview with him the other day, I'll try to find the link...
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

Alright thanks for the input on the benching part. And yeah that's what i do when it comes to motivation, but sometimes it just doesn't do the trick. And thanks again for looking it over. Advice is always appreciated; im here to learn.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Yeah I like the fact that he doesn't lie about the stuff they took either. Unlike most bb'ers, he's pretty straightforward about everything.

Check out Muscular Development, he writes a good article for them monthly. All around good dude. Just watched a 2 hour interview with him the other day, I'll try to find the link...
    Oh I know I have a ton of MD mags in my bathroom (TMI WHOOPS lol). Yea and I appreciate honesty especially since I'm an extremely honest person even times when I probably shouldn't be. I love Kai Greene also but sometimes he just talks too much I crack up watching Bob Chic fall asleep and him thinking okay Kai can you answer the question now please? Dorian Yates seminars are freakin awesome without a doubt!

Oh I know I have a ton of MD mags in my bathroom (TMI WHOOPS lol). Yea and I appreciate honesty especially since I'm an extremely honest person even times when I probably shouldn't be. I love Kai Greene also but sometimes he just talks too much I crack up watching Bob Chic fall asleep and him thinking okay Kai can you answer the question now please? Dorian Yates seminars are freakin awesome without a doubt!
    Got an odd question for you; or for anyone who has an answer, for that matter. Do you know of any companies that sell their brand shirts cheap? I got a couple, but most charge an arm and a leg, lol.
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs:

Got an odd question for you; or for anyone who has an answer, for that matter. Do you know of any companies that sell their brand shirts cheap? I got a couple, but most charge an arm and a leg, lol.
    What do you mean, like supp companies/gym clothes or like nike type stuff?
    ~Murray State Crew~
    ~Former 300+ Crew~
    ~www.sportprotein.com~

What do you mean, like supp companies/gym clothes or like nike type stuff?
    Supp company. I've got an SNS shirt and a AI shirt, but i just wanted a few more. Dont know why, but i like repping out a company when im at the gym
    RepRepRep

Current Supplement Logs: