clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much fat can you put on in a week?

So there's always questions about how much fat you can lose in a week, but what about how much fat you can gain in a week?

I just finished a 6 week bulk, eating 1000 calories over maintenance a day, exercising daily, and from initial calculations it looks like I put on a little more than a pound of bodyfat a week. This would not be good. How much fat gain is possible?
    Currently pursuing my Ph. D. in broscience.

AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AsianJKim is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3500 for 1lb of fat. do the math. Take his maintanence and subtract the calories that was over the maintenace. Divide that by 3500 and that should tell you how much fat you can gain in a week.

clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarkerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AsianJKim View Post
    3500 for 1lb of fat. do the math. Take his maintanence and subtract the calories that was over the maintenace. Divide that by 3500 and that should tell you how much fat you can gain in a week.
    That's true, but don't you have to consider that calories that went into muscle growth? I know I put on 3-4 pounds of muscle.

Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bboy85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let me ask you a question:

How much can you eat in a weak?

hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hrg217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you only gained 6 pounds of fat that doesnt seem like it should be too hard to lose on a cut

Originally Posted by Bboy85 View Post
    Let me ask you a question:

How much can you eat in a weak?
    Hahah ok let me rephrase the question: How much fat gain is typical at certain increments of calorie excess (while trying to put on muscle)?
    How much fat gain is typical at 500 calories over maintenance a day? 1000?

I understand the idea of 1 lb of fat = 3500 calories, but I think you have to account for the number of calories to build a pound of muscle, an increased metabolism, etc. What is typical for people on this forum who have bulked before?

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by clarkerson View Post
    Hahah ok let me rephrase the question: How much fat gain is typical at certain increments of calorie excess (while trying to put on muscle)?
    How much fat gain is typical at 500 calories over maintenance a day? 1000?

I understand the idea of 1 lb of fat = 3500 calories, but I think you have to account for the number of calories to build a pound of muscle, an increased metabolism, etc. What is typical for people on this forum who have bulked before?
    If you eat 500 calories over maintainance every day for a week, you will gain very, very, very close to 1 lb of fat. The amount of muscle you can put on in a week is insignificant as far as scale weight is concerned. You would not want to bulk at a 500-1000 calories surplus unless you want to get fat. I shoot for a half a pound gain per week and even at that, I know that most of it will be fat. But I am shooting to optimize muscle growth and accepting the fat with it to cut later.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    If you eat 500 calories over maintainance every day for a week, you will gain very, very, very close to 1 lb of fat. The amount of muscle you can put on in a week is insignificant as far as scale weight is concerned. You would not want to bulk at a 500-1000 calories surplus unless you want to get fat. I shoot for a half a pound gain per week and even at that, I know that most of it will be fat. But I am shooting to optimize muscle growth and accepting the fat with it to cut later.
    Thanks for the advice, repped.

Originally Posted by hrg217 View Post
    If you only gained 6 pounds of fat that doesnt seem like it should be too hard to lose on a cut
    Yeah, but that's still about 6 more weeks of cutting before I can look acceptable in a swimsuit haha