zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Is Dextrose neccessary post workout?

How many use it and how many dont?
    What are you experiences of when using it and when not using it?
    Which 1 you use, recommend, etc.

I read that using dextrose postworkout helps increase insuling and therefore it pushes more nutrients to muscle tissue as blood level is so high. Well something like that, lol. Im speaking off my head cant remember..

Will rep..
    The Blueprint works!
    http://www.bodybuildingsupplements.com/Q-A.html

Zee'z Huge Controlled Labs Stack. Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=452760731&posted=1#post452760731

Bigger Stronger Faster on USPLabs Stack
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=566989171#post566989171

orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zeebodybuilder View Post

I read that using dextrose postworkout helps increase insuling and therefore it pushes more nutrients to muscle tissue as blood level is so high. Well something like that, lol. Im speaking off my head cant remember..

Will rep..
    no. whey protein will do the same thing.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.

God, grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

i rep back.

if you have a question, feel free to pm me and i will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use it, i get 2lbs for like 4$ that NOW makes. I add 30-40gs to my post workout shake. It's not a huge difference but i think it helps and its cheap. There are better carb sources but they are more expensive and i dont like drinking too much oats.

edit* its not necessary, you can get all your carbs from whole foods.

zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zeebodybuilder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Eshamed51 View Post
    I use it, i get 2lbs for like 4$ that NOW makes. I add 30-40gs to my post workout shake. It's not a huge difference but i think it helps and its cheap. There are better carb sources but they are more expensive and i dont like drinking too much oats.
    Agreed I hate drinking 100grams of oats postworkout with whey and water sucks..
    thanks
    The Blueprint works!
    http://www.bodybuildingsupplements.com/Q-A.html

Zee'z Huge Controlled Labs Stack. Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=452760731&posted=1#post452760731

Bigger Stronger Faster on USPLabs Stack
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=566989171#post566989171

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zeebodybuilder View Post

Will rep..

Not necessary at all. The insulin spike thing has been debunked for a while, a few broscientists love repeating it though. Also don't need to refill glycogen stores after a short weight workout. After a half marathon, yes, then carbs are very important.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000)
    what, oats are easy to drink with your whey and i usually add fats too. just put it in a blender or magic bullet and its easy as that. you wont find a better/cheaper carb source either.
    They see me rollin'
    They all hatin'
    Cause they aint drollin'

Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000) Eshamed51 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by orey View Post
    no. whey protein will do the same thing.
    Whey Protein will do the same thing as a high gi carb? news to me

orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50) orey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    as far as insulin spike.

God, grant me the serenity To accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

i rep back.

if you have a question, feel free to pm me and i will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as far as insulin spike.
    Gotta love the supplement section! How much money do you waste on BS supps every month bro?
    Just a weight lifter

as far as insulin spike.
    oh really tell me moar?

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In regards to the OP's question there is no need for high gi carbs post weight workout if you don't want them. If you do, then use them as they won't hurt.

Whey protein itself causes an insulin spike. Adding high GI carbs does not have much larger of an effect, not enough to make any difference.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Originally Posted by Dymethazine View Post
    what, oats are easy to drink with your whey and i usually add fats too. just put it in a blender or magic bullet and its easy as that. you wont find a better/cheaper carb source either.
    I agree i still use oats. Oats are great..

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    For most bodybuilding purposes, the desired elevation in post-workout insulin is easily achievable through a scoop and one half (45 grams) of whey alone (absent any carbs at all) which can raise insulin levels to 39 mU/l.

What does that strange number-letter combination mean to a muscle head? Well, when you look at the two Greenhaff, et. al, research together, it suggests that increasing insulin to a range of about 15-30 mU/l maximizes muscle protein balance (muscle protein synthesis minus muscle protein breakdown). Furthermore, recently (December 2010), Staples, and colleagues found that muscle protein balance was maximized at 19 mU/l. These three studies taken together support a position that a ballpark insulin level of about 2-5 times normal fasting insulin levels is all that is needed to maximize muscle protein balance.

Guess what? You can easily achieve these levels of insulin increase (a.k.a. "spike") via drinking most commercial or homemade protein + carb shakes or **gasp** even a whole food meal.

Now this will blow your mind...even eating 600 kcal of pizza (which contains 17 grams of fat) will raise insulin levels to a maximum point of 5.6 times that of fasting levels--so much for needing the "fast" hydrowhey protein and "fast" carbs postworkout.

By the way, the claimed post workout "insulin spike" is not going to speed up glycogen resynthesis immediately after your workout anyway because the first hour of glycogenesis is not an insulin-dependent process.

Alas, if you are some type of endurance athlete then "fast" post workout carbs become more relevant for you, but as shadar explained, 99% of the people reading these boards do not fit the narrow category of individuals who will see a benefit of fast post workout carbs over any type of post workout carb.

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    For most bodybuilding purposes, the desired elevation in post-workout insulin is easily achievable through a scoop and one half (45 grams) of whey alone (absent any carbs at all) which can raise insulin levels to 39 mU/l.

What does that strange number-letter combination mean to a muscle head? Well, when you look at the two Greenhaff, et. al, research together, it suggests that increasing insulin to a range of about 15-30 mU/l maximizes muscle protein balance (muscle protein synthesis minus muscle protein breakdown). Furthermore, recently (December 2010), Staples, and colleagues found that muscle protein balance was maximized at 19 mU/l. These three studies taken together support a position that a ballpark insulin level of about 2-5 times normal fasting insulin levels is all that is needed to maximize muscle protein balance.

Guess what? You can easily achieve these levels of insulin increase (a.k.a. "spike") via drinking most commercial or homemade protein + carb shakes or **gasp** even a whole food meal.

Now this will blow your mind...even eating 600 kcal of pizza (which contains 17 grams of fat) will raise insulin levels to a maximum point of 5.6 times that of fasting levels--so much for needing the "fast" hydrowhey protein and "fast" carbs postworkout.

By the way, the claimed post workout "insulin spike" is not going to speed up glycogen resynthesis immediately after your workout anyway because the first hour of glycogenesis is not an insulin-dependent process.

Alas, if you are some type of endurance athlete then "fast" post workout carbs become more relevant for you, but as shadar explained, 99% of the people reading these boards do not fit the narrow category of individuals who will see a benefit of fast post workout carbs over any type of post workout carb.

Hey snorkle, where is that bolded section from? I'd love to save it for future use. But would also love to read wherever it is from since I see it's quoting some new research as well that I've not seen yet.
    Latest Reviews:

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I add dextrose to my post workout shake for the carb/calorie boost. Do i NEED it? No. Others have already posted here why. Is it cheap and easy? Yes. Probably buy malto next time though, less taste and i think i can find even cheaper.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post

repped.

i rep back.